Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Try 6am-8am. There's also a task to transfer 10 Pokémon. I like to think it implies they're actually being pulped like everyone says.

Yeah that one has been useful. It's gotten me 3 Misdreavus so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Apologies if mild sarcasm is upsetting, although my post still gave him what he needed to answer his question. If people paid more attention generally and to the game and its mechanics then it would eliminate a lot of what I perceive to be dumb questions, although admittedly I’m in the wrong place if I find those frustrating.

Lmao @ mild sarcasm. Okay.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

oddium posted:

what are the chances of wild unown

Well you can already find Unown in the wild, they're just super, super rare and nearly impossible to find without scanners. Will they make them more common? Probably not. Will they make them a reward for 5 Excellent Curveballs in a Row? Absolutely.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Untrustable posted:

I'm drowning in fuckin dittos! I still haven't caught 10 ghost type Pokemon though.

Find a nest on your local community page or the silph road my pokemoner.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mustached Demon posted:

Find a nest on your local community page or the silph road my pokemoner.

Awwww yeah...! Found a Growlithe and a Abra nest near me!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I hope if there's a new giant evolution research it's Swablu because I already got my giant whale but I'm almost at 400 Swablu candy. Of course knowing my luck it will be something that does not ever spawn near me, or another Gyrados. A shiny lucky one.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

how do nests work? just increased spawn rates in the park boundaries or is there a specific area in those boundaries that just always has the pokemon?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Butterfly Valley posted:

Apologies if mild sarcasm is upsetting, although my post still gave him what he needed to answer his question. If people paid more attention generally and to the game and its mechanics then it would eliminate a lot of what I perceive to be dumb questions, although admittedly I’m in the wrong place if I find those frustrating.

"I'm sorry if you got upset" isn't actually an apology, it's just blameshifting - as if the fault is someone else's for being offended by what you said instead of yours for saying something rude that offended.

"I'm sorry I said something that was upsetting" is taking responsibility for what happened. that's an actual apology.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 16, 2018

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Kly posted:

how do nests work? just increased spawn rates in the park boundaries or is there a specific area in those boundaries that just always has the pokemon?

There tend to be specific spawn spots that spawn only the pokemon in that nest. The spot won't always spawn the specific pokemon but more likely than not they'll be there.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I just added a bunch of y'all from the OP list. Hope you like Starbucks gifts and greetings from the subway station nearby work!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bogart posted:

I just added a bunch of y'all from the OP list. Hope you like Starbucks gifts and greetings from the subway station nearby work!

Yoooooooooooo

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There's a big lake nearby with stops all around it with a rotating nest. Once it was Swablu. I tried to take my wife there that weekend and it had changed to Horsea.

Bogart posted:

I hope you enjoy either the antique stove or ball fountain, I can't remember.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Beachcomber posted:

I hope you enjoy either the antique stove or ball fountain, I can't remember.

It was the stove! Tickled me that that was the thing they thought was important enough to mark as a location. Come look at our old rear end stove.

:3:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Crosspeice posted:

Well you can already find Unown in the wild, they're just super, super rare and nearly impossible to find without scanners. Will they make them more common? Probably not. Will they make them a reward for 5 Excellent Curveballs in a Row? Absolutely.

The Celebi thing said there would be an increase in Johto pokemon, so maybe they actually are going to increase the spawn rate of unowns.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Well Regirock just showed up at the gym right near my work.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

So, a Sinnoh badge got added serverside today, per the usual pogo datamining people.

Also the new raid bosses include Kirlia, Magmar, Tangela, Rhydon, and Piloswine.

Not gonna get terribly excited, but it's an interesting datapoint.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Wheany posted:

Special research tasks:

"catch 2 dittos in a row"

Fixed

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vegastar posted:

So, a Sinnoh badge got added serverside today, per the usual pogo datamining people.

Also the new raid bosses include Kirlia, Magmar, Tangela, Rhydon, and Piloswine.

Kirlia and Magmar already are raids, and Rhydon and Piloswine have been raids in the past. Tangela is neat, though.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

Kirlia and Magmar already are raids, and Rhydon and Piloswine have been raids in the past. Tangela is neat, though.

I have not evolved anything beyond one or two garbage pokes anticipating the Celebi quests. I have candy for almost everything in my dex to be evolved. I am ready :hawksin:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, but they all have gen4 evolutions. That's why it's kind of interesting, particularly in combination with a gen4 badge showing up in the network traffic.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Louisgod posted:

There tend to be specific spawn spots that spawn only the pokemon in that nest. The spot won't always spawn the specific pokemon but more likely than not they'll be there.

so the way to take advantage of a nest is to go to a park marked with a nest on silph road then wander around until i find the nest pokemon then hang out there?

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Kly posted:

so the way to take advantage of a nest is to go to a park marked with a nest on silph road then wander around until i find the nest pokemon then hang out there?

Almost any park of reasonable size will have more than one next spawn point, so you'll really want to wander the park and find them all. The don't respawn often enough to justify camping a single spot, usually.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vegastar posted:

Heck yeah, gonna be ready to evolve these dudes.

I just hope magmortar is finally good in a videogame..

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm so glad I have like 600 swablu candy because I'm too lazy to evolve more of them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did two regirock, first one was 98%, second didn’t catch. both at ex gyms so that’s cool

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vegastar posted:

sinnoh badge doesn't get me very excited about gen 4 because they usually add new pokemon a week or so before making them available. once that happens, then we can start being excited for gen 4.

in fact going and looking it up, the hoenn badge was released a good three months before the first hoenn pokemon were.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Psion posted:

"I'm sorry if you got upset" isn't actually an apology, it's just blameshifting - as if the fault is someone else's for being offended by what you said instead of yours for saying something rude that offended.

"I'm sorry I said something that was upsetting" is taking responsibility for what happened. that's an actual apology.

Yes, you read my tone correctly.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

For a chill monster collecting game mostly aimed a kids, it sure attracts a lot of rude angry adults.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
You're very judgy for someone who's anti-goat.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Is there a goat pokemon?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I am surprised that a mild joke at the expense of a guy who asked a question while quoting a post which contained the answer to his question warrants this much reaction.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kly posted:

Is there a goat pokemon?

yeah and it's motorcycle-esque

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

We've known the new special research was coming for a while, but at least now we know when. Always good to know the Celebi date :sunglasses:

(I've never heard the name spoken out loud, but I'm going to assume it works for that terrible, terrible joke)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

I am surprised that a mild joke at the expense of a guy who asked a question while quoting a post which contained the answer to his question warrants this much reaction.

Well yeah because you were needlessly a huge rear end in a top hat. It wasn't mild or sarcasm and your attempt to play it off and walk it back is really pathetic.

I didn't read every word and missed one thing. Probably because I was at work. Then I asked a dumb question. Oops. I'll be sure to triple read everything now and then check with you before I ask a question from now on. I'm sure you've never said anything dumb before. Oh.....oh wait....

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
U mad bro?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

pubic works project posted:

Well yeah because you were needlessly a huge rear end in a top hat. It wasn't mild or sarcasm and your attempt to play it off and walk it back is really pathetic.

I didn't read every word and missed one thing. Probably because I was at work. Then I asked a dumb question. Oops. I'll be sure to triple read everything now and then check with you before I ask a question from now on. I'm sure you've never said anything dumb before. Oh.....oh wait....

Back in my day, failure to R>C>P was probatable

You sound very angry

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Can we all sit down and agree that Unown needs to be put into eggs?

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Butterfly Valley posted:

Personally I can't wait till all the people who rejoined when friends got added lose interest and quit again. Ever since friends were rolled out this thread has been full of whiny tone-police types, as well as people asking super easy to Google questions.

edit for content:

Cowslips Warren posted:

Can we all sit down and agree that Unown needs to be put into eggs?

I don't, actually. I think they serve being event pokemon very well, and with trading(assuming you have an active community), they're not unobtainable for those that just want the entry.

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 17, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
It took me over a week to find a Ditto when I needed it for the Mew quest. So today for no apparent reason whatsoever I found 3 of the stupid idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

It took me over a week to find a Ditto when I needed it for the Mew quest. So today for no apparent reason whatsoever I found 3 of the stupid idiots.

This happened to me too. And now that I've finished the Mew research they've been popping up regularly again.

• Locked thread