Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Can multiple people win 5k? I assume not, but she didn't say otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Go Fessy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fessy staying on his feet and lapping people early is a good sign for not a steamroll week.

pospysyl posted:

Can multiple people win 5k? I assume not, but she didn't say otherwise.

Its usually first one there.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Fessy is moving! Going to suck when he falls, gets a concussion and pulled from the comp.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mallratcal posted:

I kind of Want Angela and Brett to make final 2. Just to see how the vote goes.

My money is that Rockstar would try and vote third party.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

My money is that Rockstar would try and vote third party.

LOL That was well done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seriously, I can't get over Level Six just collectively playing "gently caress the Jury" games.

Its funny because their feedster fans have come up with a lot of rationalizations about how Angela or Brett was just lying to encourage the other to be mean. And I don't blame those fans because like... it doesn't make sense that they're just mean girling the Jury for fun. But they just are. That's just who they are.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Angela blowing off the warning from production is very telling.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

A twist free week coming up... so, if a non Level 6er wins it's going to be a last shot to thin out that herd on the other side.
If a Level 6er wins, this season is pretty much a wrap and the battle for least loathsome from that group to win begins.

Angela and Brett are pretty much intertwined... because unless they are F2 together, neither are winning.
Brett might be smart enough to see it; Angela is too super geeked up in Mean Girl Mode to put it together.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Level6 is terrible in so many ways but it’s comical to see foutte eat their own week after week.

Watch Fessy get out Scotty this week due to jealously of Haleigh’s affection.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I’m watching this late.

This is going to be a frustrating week. I just finished when Fessy tried to out the one vote. Please don’t believe this. Oh god. He’s going to believe this.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I’m watching this late.

This is going to be a frustrating week. I just finished when Fessy tried to out the one vote. Please don’t believe this. Oh god. He’s going to believe this.

Holy poo poo, what a dumbass.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Moronic... absolutely moronic.

Fessy believes everything that falls out of JCs mouth and he's gonna hit jury house very soon as a result.

Unbelievable.

:ughh:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fessy's an idiot but that edit was harsh on that. Haleigh was agreeing with him on Scottie way more than she was fighting to save him and Scottie didn't talk to Fessy until literally minutes before the nomination ceremony. I blame all three of them equally for this. Scottie's a sketchy dude and the show never revealed that last week he made up a bunch of lies about Fessy to try and convince Haleigh not to trust him. He never just got real with Fessy and talked to him like he talks to Haleigh or the DR. And Haleigh's a scared player who has time and again refused to stick her neck out for anyone, which is why she was agreeing with JC when he was burying Fessy, putting up very little fight for Scottie to Fessy, and then just poked Scottie to talk to Fessy and walked away.

The three of them needed to sit down and hash out their poo poo and realize they need each other and they just never did. Its what FOUTTE/Hive have been doing all season and its why Level Six gets to keep being smug assholes even though they never do poo poo (including this week, gently caress Brett's "my plan" poo poo, he did nothing). L6 are lovely players but they have a unified purpose and a leader in Tyler. Everyone else have been disjointed and don't talk to each other and its led to pretty much every downfall they've had all season from Kaitlyn backdooring Swaggy to Bayleigh and Haleigh not getting on the same page with their powers.

But make no mistake, Fessy's still a moron high on his power who can't see the big picture or get important game aspects.

Edit: They did kind of short change him on that HOH edit. He smoked that comp in 20 minutes and Tyler wasn't even remotely close.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's hilarious that Level 6 can't win HOH competitions, but still manage to control the game anyway. Poor dumb Fessy was not meant for this game.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Fessy's an idiot but that edit was harsh on that. Haleigh was agreeing with him on Scottie way more than she was fighting to save him and Scottie didn't talk to Fessy until literally minutes before the nomination ceremony. I blame all three of them equally for this. Scottie's a sketchy dude and the show never revealed that last week he made up a bunch of lies about Fessy to try and convince Haleigh not to trust him. He never just got real with Fessy and talked to him like he talks to Haleigh or the DR. And Haleigh's a scared player who has time and again refused to stick her neck out for anyone, which is why she was agreeing with JC when he was burying Fessy, putting up very little fight for Scottie to Fessy, and then just poked Scottie to talk to Fessy and walked away.

The three of them needed to sit down and hash out their poo poo and realize they need each other and they just never did. Its what FOUTTE/Hive have been doing all season and its why Level Six gets to keep being smug assholes even though they never do poo poo (including this week, gently caress Brett's "my plan" poo poo, he did nothing). L6 are lovely players but they have a unified purpose and a leader in Tyler. Everyone else have been disjointed and don't talk to each other and its led to pretty much every downfall they've had all season from Kaitlyn backdooring Swaggy to Bayleigh and Haleigh not getting on the same page with their powers.

But make no mistake, Fessy's still a moron high on his power who can't see the big picture or get important game aspects.

Edit: They did kind of short change him on that HOH edit. He smoked that comp in 20 minutes and Tyler wasn't even remotely close.

Again, as always, this is good information.

It's true about L6. They are all terrible players, both physically and strategically. Well, except Tyler. I just don't understand how the middle of the house fits into all of this. Scottie seems to be getting pulled in by Haleigh, but Fessy made sure to block that. J.C. is a wild card, but seems to want to align more with L6 (although he doesn't realize this is an alliance). And Sam is just in her own world, it seems. Scottie's issue is that no one trusts him, and he's an easy person to not trust. I am not sure what J.C.'s end game is. I think he does believe he is some huge puppet master, and in any other season, I think he'd be gone by now. I think people just keep Sam around because she is no threat, and there's been bigger targets each week.

I know you've said it again and again, but paranoia runs so deep in this house. The fact that people can sort of believe that Brett is some lone wolf that sided with Rockstar over the most obvious answer is an example of that.

Orange Sunshine posted:

It's hilarious that Level 6 can't win HOH competitions, but still manage to control the game anyway. Poor dumb Fessy was not meant for this game.

I thought J.C. calling Fessy dumb all game was just J.C. being J.C. But no, he's absolutely correct.

Part of me really wants to believe that he actually put up Brett and Scottie because he sees them as competition for Haleigh.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I sorta think Sam is going to beat Tyler in F2 because of a bitter jury.

That’s when I stop watching the show

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Pillowpants posted:

I sorta think Sam is going to beat Tyler in F2 because of a bitter jury.

That’s when I stop watching the show

I think Sam gets to the final 3, but with it likely being her and 2 members of Level 4, they won't take her to F2 because no one is going to beat sweet, friendly Sam, who didn't get on the bad side of any juror other than Haleigh. The rest of the season seems pretty straight forward. Haleigh goes next week, Fessy after, then JC, and finally L4 face-off, with Sam dragged along to F3 because she won't win a non-random competition.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, i don't see Tyler letting Sam get to the end. She's way too dangerous of a jury threat. He definitely wants to be sitting next to one of his LvT goats. Even if he doesn't know they're burning jurors in their goodbye messages he knows the way theyve played the game, ignoring much of the house, burning people, doing very little, and and getting into poo poo like that like/fight with Scottie.

Tylers gotta be Andy at this stage. Just stay alive and make sure you've got your goats at the end with you so no matter how bitter the jury is they don't want to reward the person next to you.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

Haleigh goes next week, Fessy after, then JC, and finally L4 face-off, with Sam dragged along to F3 because she won't win a non-random competition.
Close but Fessy goes next week before Haleigh.
The last thing the other side needs is for Fessy to go Beast-Mode in comps because his squeezy toy got bounced and he's all alone.

Plus he has to sit out the next HOH so his target is ripe.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Caught the Sunday night ep and good loving gravy man. C'mon!

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
It depresses me that when I load this thread it starts at the top of this page where I prominently posted "Go Fessy." Oh how naive I was.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, not really. Like she thought she had Brett's vote but mainly just because she didn't think it made sense for Brett to spend two weeks making nice and trying to start alliances and promising his vote to half the house if he just planned to backstab them a minute later.

Which you know... she's kind of got a point.
This ended up helping frame Scottie for voting to evict Rockstar pretty good, completely unintentionally on Brett's part.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone is just infuriatingly stupid, even Tyler, so there's really no point in theorizing or trying to figure anything out here. It's just a bunch of dumbass people and one of them is slightly more charismatic in his stupidity, which enables him to not be immediately snuffed out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's really beyond words how stupid Fessy is. Everyone voted against Fessy/Haleigh and evicted Rockstar, except one person. So everyone is likely against them, except one person.

Scottie and Brett both claim to be that one person.

Fessy puts them both up on the block, so whichever person really is with them and not with the side that voted out Rockstar... can be a sitting duck and swept right out behind her?? Fessy took the one course where even if Scottie was an evil genius way and Brett was innocent, it would still be stupid!

They've been surprised by every vote so far this game, pretty much. It should be SO obvious there's a big alliance working against them, so why don't they target some of the many people they know are against them, instead of Brett or Scottie? Those are like the last two people they should nominate. And, like, if Scottie really is in love with Haleigh, then if he ever wins HOH she can get in his ear and use him for your benefit! Why don't they automatically distrust anything Kaycee says after she was the likely hacker who came off the block last week? This whole thing is beyond belief no matter what angle you look at it from. Just legendary morons.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I'm not really big on dragging people after they're out of the game, but these people REALLY need to be taken to the mat for their absolutely ridiculously dumb decisions in their post-show interviews.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Teek posted:

I'm not really big on dragging people after they're out of the game, but these people REALLY need to be taken to the mat for their absolutely ridiculously dumb decisions in their post-show interviews.

Yeah I'm really hoping Julie just blows him up about his HOH when Fessy almost certainly gets evicted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fessy's never see the show before and he's really dumb/clueless/ignorant about really obvious and basic game strategy we take for granted. So I actually kind of get why he doesn't see a secret alliance because he just doesn't get the concept of that stuff. He takes things at pretty face value, which has proven wise a lot of the time when people like Kaitlyn, Bayleigh, and Haleigh were overthinking stuff. But this week it just made him screw it all up but taking the surface interpretation of "Scottie and Brett are both sketchy and have lied to me so I'm putting them both up." Its true and in a vacuum its fine. But its just a bad game strategy.

Its why I blame Scottie and Haleigh equally with Fessy for this because they DO see this but neither of them ever verbalized it to Fessy. Hell, Scottie and Haleigh basically reasoned out Level Six as an alliance with JC and Sam at the end of last week/start of this week. They don't 100% know it but they've figured out that it makes sense and explains everything and this latest vote kind of confirmed it.

But as far as I know neither has once walked up to Fessy and said "I think the entire rest of the house is allied together and has been all season and if you think about it it explains everything and means we have to stick together." Haleigh was just saying "Scottie trusts me, but I don't know if he trusts you." And Scottie was just doing weird stuff like comparing Brett/Kaycee to Dan/Memphis as if that means anything to Fessy.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It just feels weird after Haleigh's attempt at going after Tyler. Have Fessy and her had any sort of conversation about him? She seemed focused on him last week, and it appears like he's not really mentioned this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was in the mix of nomination ideas. It was basically Scottie, Tyler, and Brett from Fessy's initial ideas as he seemed mostly focused on taking out a male competitor and found them all sketchy. Haleigh was pushing Tyler/Brett a bit and that she'd be a target of Tyler but she didn't push hard (as she never does) and JC pushed Scottie very hard and protected Tyler as always. Eventually Fessy seemed to feel Tyler was the best of the three to try and work with, in large part thanks to JC's aggressiveness and Haleigh's passivity. And that Tyler talked to Fessy and Scottie didn't.

Of course its crazy that anyone still trusts Tyler in that house and that seems like it has to come back on him, but then again it would be kind of crazy to trust Brett or Scottie either. So here we are.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 22, 2018

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Fessy is the dumbest motherfucker

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fessy calling Haleigh’s initial noms “safe” was something else.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Where is the ceremony wtf.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Outside of Angela and Haleigh and Tyler's hiding spots... much of the other's were pretty inventive.
Brett running defense on the bulk of his runs was brilliant strategy and will be used in the future.
Scottie dumping milk for a slip n' slide effect was hilarious and it did slow everyone down.

This event is hilarious because there's always the clean freak that get's butthurt about the aftermath.

That said, this event is chaos and invites the ants and roaches and rats to take over the rest of the season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I appreciate that BB recognized that this week was so boring that they had to artificially create drama with an absurd cliffhanger for POV.

Fun Feed Fact, up until recently Sam was convinced that Fessy was gay. That MIGHT go to explain her game strategy a little.

I really can't get over that Angela thought making the oven smell like coffee would hide it. Or that coffee grounds in any way resemble burnt up grease and poo poo. Angela truly is a game genius.

Brett's Hide & Seek strategy was like a perfect metaphor for his game. It should have been so absurdly obvious with him moving mattresses and furniture from other rooms into the Have Not room, and sure enough Tyler and Fessy both seemed aware of it. But it was also incredibly obnoxious and over the top that there wasn't a drat thing they could do about it. "If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, befuddle them with bullshit." Brett won because his piece was buried under mountains of proverbial bullshit.

From the feeds it sounded like Zingbot went soft on them but in hindsight it seems like Kaycee and Angela just were too dense to get their burns. Or too self absorbed to acknowledge them.

Max posted:

Fessy calling Haleigh’s initial noms “safe” was something else.

In fairness Kaycee/Angela are probably the "safest" nominees in the house as they've done very little and most everyone regards them as afterthoughts in the game. It was kind of a bullshit shot but it also was kind of one sided editing and left out a lot of shots Haleigh took at Fessy including accusing him of secretly working with Angela and having a crush on her and their relationship being game. Haleigh and Fessy are just messy.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

STAC Goat posted:

From the feeds it sounded like Zingbot went soft on them but in hindsight it seems like Kaycee and Angela just were too dense to get their burns. Or too self absorbed to acknowledge them.

Kaycee definitely thought her zing was solely about the fact that she says “Let’s Go!” a lot. And she thought the joke was “You say ‘Lets Go’ so often that it gets annoying and makes viewers want to change the channel for that reason.” She didn’t realize that it was a more all-encompassing zing saying that everything about her is boring/sucks and she as a person in general makes people want to change the channel

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Guys, eventually basic math says Level Six has to target each other if no one else is ever going to target them."

You can't fool me into caring, Chenbot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And apparently she can't fool anyone else into by the activity in the thread...

Fessy was super dumb this week but I still kind of can't get why Scottie and BB never even considered "remember a week ago when you made Haleigh cry by telling her Fessy was playing her and had done all kinds of things he didn't, and how you told people you were gunning for Fessy?"

I guess its old hat for BB but so few people this season seem to be able to see their own games.

And Fessy joining the "Bad Jury Management Club" while JC pulls the Paul "Lie Even Though It Probably Won't Hold Up In Jury" play. BB20 cast, man.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What happened pre eviction? This didn’t record tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
It's too bad Scottie's crush on Haleigh won't allow him to see just how full of poo poo she was in that goodbye message. He has to know that she is in complete control of Fessy and if she wanted to have saved Scottie, she could have. Total nonsense from her there.

Least consequential battle back ever?

• Locked thread