Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Froist posted:

Unless I've missed something, the only list of quests released was the ones at Go Fest, which I believe are different quests to what the rest of us will get when it's released on Monday.

Those must have been the ones I was looking at. In that case Nugget is definitely waiting for her evolution.

On the topic of 100%ers, I have three last I checked. First was Chansey, second was Magikarp, and third was Wurmple. I long for the day when we can buy accessories for Pokemon so I can give him the Party Worm hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Psychobabble! posted:

vvv When did SA start being populated almost entirely by people who whine about Big Meanies on the internet? I've noticed this in other subforums too. What happened.

Millennials

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Kly posted:

guy who is a prick to people asking pokemon go questions: "WHY DONT YOU GUYS JUST PARTICIPATE IN THE POKEMON GO COMMUNITY MORE!?"

Generally I espouse participating in the local community because it deals with the large majority of the issues those posters are complaining about way better than any other method. Maybe if you keep slavishly posting in defence of this guy he’ll buy you a drink sometime though?

This wasn’t the first time the poster in question managed to miss something blatant. He had trouble finding the link to friendship codes in the OP. I suggest you go look at the OP if you’re not aware of just how obvious the link is.

Maybe it’s down to cultural differences or perhaps it’s just people being incredibly thin skinned, but personally I consider expecting other people to put the time and effort in to make up for someone’s own lack of attentiveness or willingness to try to answer easily answerable questions themselves just as rude as my curt response was received. The intention of my reply was to alert the guy that the answer he wanted was already there, along with a mild rebuke to pay more attention next time thereby saving himself needing to ask in the first place. Apparently this warrants me being called an rear end in a top hat, a prick and pathetic, although the first guy to respond in a similar way to our poster’s first dumb question managed to escape such a meltdown.

Anyway, I genuinely apologise now to everyone else in this thread for having to read all this stupid poo poo I helped to cause.

Pokemon content: I hope they bring back Rayquaza soon, I missed it the first time around because I was preoccupied with moving countries. That along with Suicine are the only legendaries I’m missing now. Another Groudon event would be nice too, I’m guessing one will be coming to match the fact we’ve had a rerun of Kyogres.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Didn't read lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

THank you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Psychobabble! posted:

Didn't know "try googling your problem first" or "read the article" was an elitist position to take.

vvv When did SA start being populated almost entirely by people who whine about Big Meanies on the internet? I've noticed this in other subforums too. What happened.

maybe you should stop reading the forums then

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Psychobabble! posted:

I don't, actually. I think they serve being event pokemon very well, and with trading(assuming you have an active community), they're not unobtainable for those that just want the entry.

Agreed. The snobby baby in me is pissy that people can trade for em and easily get what I spent 8 months getting out of bed at 3 AM, driving across town, and otherwise putting in "effort" to get. On the other hand, I would have been stuck needing six more forever without trading, and it is a game. One where I don't actually suffer if another player gets something I have. As long as they keep up the events and maybe find an excuse to have some spawn locally now and then.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Those must have been the ones I was looking at. In that case Nugget is definitely waiting for her evolution.

On the topic of 100%ers, I have three last I checked. First was Chansey, second was Magikarp, and third was Wurmple. I long for the day when we can buy accessories for Pokemon so I can give him the Party Worm hat.

I cannot loving wait for party wurm. He's been my avatar on Discord forever, and I made my friend take my pic with the party wurm background at GoFest.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
yay I caught a 100 Castform :unsmith:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I also hope they bring back Rayquaza and Groudon, I missed both of them. I'm already bored of Regirocks even though my first one ran away from me like a chump.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FistEnergy posted:

yay I caught a 100 Castform :unsmith:

I've never used a good IV rater or kept track of my Pokemon. So since it's dead here at work today, I am going to spend all day rating my 427 Pokemon.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

This is the best one I've gotten with trading with my coworker. Now I just need the wife to sort out her collection because she has a bunch of well aged starters and all sorts of other stuff that we need to start trading :getin:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

There was no evolve a Swablu quest for the Go Fest Celebi. I think that's just people assuming they'll do another one similar to Magikarp for Mew, and that the general public's research chain will be tougher than the Go Fest one, which was an easy reward for people attending the event. If it does just use the same quests the most notable one was to catch Unowns, and even then people on Reddit reported that if they didn't finish the research before the event ended, the requirement changed to "catch psychic pokemon" instead.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I was really hoping they'd give us the dragons back for a while before regirock, regi suckkkkks soooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhh.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This morning on the way into work we stopped and did a Machamp raid. I finally got 3 Excellent throws in a row. :feelsgood:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I haven't done any trades since luckies came out because, well... :effort:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

My wife and I did our first trade a couple of weeks ago. She wanted a Shellder so she could get enough candy to evolve it. I just asked back for a Koffing. Both became Lucky.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

HookShot posted:

I was really hoping they'd give us the dragons back for a while before regirock, regi suckkkkks soooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhh.

I wish I had the editing skills to put Regirock's face on Tungee here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcetc3woD8

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

pubic works project posted:

My wife and I did our first trade a couple of weeks ago. She wanted a Shellder so she could get enough candy to evolve it. I just asked back for a Koffing. Both became Lucky.

Either both are lucky or neither are.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

seiferguy posted:

i traded a ton of high level/low IV eevees during community day and got a nice lucky eevee so that's good. You usually play with someone right? There's almost no reason not to just lowkey trade some stuff you were planning on junking.

If nothing else, consider trading mediocre research Raikous. It's basically free +4 candy right now with the trading event. 80km walking vs 1200 dust? And you might get a good one out of it? Sold.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Psion posted:

i traded a ton of high level/low IV eevees during community day and got a nice lucky eevee so that's good. You usually play with someone right? There's almost no reason not to just lowkey trade some stuff you were planning on junking.

If nothing else, consider trading mediocre research Raikous. It's basically free +4 candy right now with the trading event. 80km walking vs 1200 dust? And you might get a good one out of it? Sold.

Yeah especially while the event that gives tons of candy is on, we’ve been trading everything we catch that we don’t want and have gotten tons of candy and a good few luckies too - I got a 15/14/15 lucky magikarp, my girlfriend got a 15/15/15 lucky geodude out of it. Will probably switch to just trading stufff that’s useful after the event though.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm browsing r/thesilphroad for info on the next update, and I'm really liking the notification revamp and the friends' list UI changes. Good QoL stuff overall.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Has anyone encountered issues trying to sign up for Silph Road's iOS beta?

Edit: I keep on getting this message. "Something went wrong, please contact the application owner: {"code"=>"ITC.apps.tf.max.app.testers", "description"=>"Failed to create tester."}"

I know they've been having issues with Apple getting the app approved.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 17, 2018

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
The opening presents limit is stupid, I try to send out 10+ presents a day to people but have another 10 from others I can't open until tomorrow and it makes me look like an unappreciative rear end in a top hat.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
That's okay, I'm still trying to play whack-a-mole with sending presents to absolutely everyone on my list.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Goddamn Regirock is a pain to catch, I’m currently 0 for 4 in attempts. loving trash can Pokémon is a non-stop attacker.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ballz posted:

Goddamn Regirock is a pain to catch, I’m currently 0 for 4 in attempts. loving trash can Pokémon is a non-stop attacker.

All the Regis are like this, yeah. Low catch rate and almost constant attacking/jumping. Your best bet is to just use the "circle lock" trick and time your throw to land as soon as it becomes vulnerable again. Make every throw count.

I almost didn't get a Registeel because of how difficult it is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the regis can just gently caress off. they are useless garbage in addition to being hard to catch. they should have just tied them to research quests and brought back literally any other legendaries that have already been raid bosses rather than throw these pieces of junk as tier 5 raids because i know nobody who wants to do them after they get their first.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
At least I can use my preset Machamp army against them so it takes no effort to make a team

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I wish there was a 20 gift hold limit instead of ten, to match the amount you can open.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I have a 100% Vaporeon I caught July 25th, 2016 and every time I look at him I wonder if I sent off other 100s to the meat grinder without know what I was doing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I have a 100% Vaporeon I caught July 25th, 2016 and every time I look at him I wonder if I sent off other 100s to the meat grinder without know what I was doing.

I know I candy factoried so many good ones before this year.

Because I'm a big dummy

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I got an EX pass today. That's cool. I thought you had to work really hard for those. I just raid here and there and take gyms occasionally.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Untrustable posted:

I got an EX pass today. That's cool. I thought you had to work really hard for those. I just raid here and there and take gyms occasionally.

It's not hard, it's just a very Niantic system currently.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Louisgod posted:

The opening presents limit is stupid, I try to send out 10+ presents a day to people but have another 10 from others I can't open until tomorrow and it makes me look like an unappreciative rear end in a top hat.

I don't see the point in having a gift opening limit when it's so much lower than the amount of friends you can have. It would make sense if it were something like 100, but 20 gifts a day is literally only 10% of the friends you can have.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Machamp is awesome and good for almost anything and I still don't have one :smith:

None of the evolutions seem to spawn in my area. I try to focus on the Field Research quest but it's not very common. Until I build a good Psychic team to Raid him I'm kinda stuck.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Untrustable posted:

I did literally one raid in one EX gym and got a pass. Let's just say that some of the people in my local group weren't all that amused when they have been trying for months.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

FistEnergy posted:

Machamp is awesome and good for almost anything and I still don't have one :smith:

None of the evolutions seem to spawn in my area. I try to focus on the Field Research quest but it's not very common. Until I build a good Psychic team to Raid him I'm kinda stuck.

How did you fare during Eevee community day? It's pretty easy to take down a Machamp raid solo with just a few lvl 30+ Espeon.

Ballz posted:

They're awful, what a drag. I haven't attempted Regirock yet but I hate the others so far. The only tip I've got is to learn the attack animation so that you can time your throws. Catch rate is so low that you need every ball to connect, do not let them get swatted away.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

EX passes went out. We got clockblocked by a raid that was literally seconds away from ending. :argh:

Everyone in our local discord submitted bug reports. Not really anything else we can do at this point.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Teeter posted:

They're awful, what a drag. I haven't attempted Regirock yet but I hate the others so far. The only tip I've got is to learn the attack animation so that you can time your throws. Catch rate is so low that you need every ball to connect, do not let them get swatted away.

Regirock is worse than ice and steel. It can do non-stop successive attacks 4 to 5 in a row, causing you to waste multiple balls. I don’t think I’ve encountered any other Pokémon that does it more than 2 or 3 times.

Then there’s the “break out of excellent curves instantly” trait that the other Regis had and you got yourself the makings of a very frustrating legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Teeter I got a few nice 95+ Eevees. I need to walk them, which sadly must wait until this idiotic Magikarp research is competed.

I don't have Alakazam yet either. 1 decent Espeon so far. I've been hitting Kirlia raids hard and I have a 98% but it's a long grind.

• Locked thread