Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
No one's what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

boy undead posted:

I'm quietly convinced Newnes continues to get a game because he's on that consecutive games streak and they don't want to break it

I think it might be a factor. Reality is though is that Newnes has mostly been poor rather then terrible and has still had some influential games this year (kicking 4 for example) and considering we are bereft of leadership I would be loathe to drop him as well.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Spargo should have been dropped.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

quote:

If
Fantasia was fit ...

then
the Bombers would've been certainties against the Tigers. We're still tipping them anyway.
I mean we have some outs and nothing to play for but check yourself mate.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snoremac posted:

I mean we have some outs and nothing to play for but check yourself mate.

As soon as I saw that I knew the Tigers would win, the bloke has to be one of the worst analysts in the AFL

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Other than Barrett, who is the “we” in Sliding Doors?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

racing identity posted:

Other than Barrett, who is the “we” in Sliding Doors?

His imaginary friends?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bruce: "can they (the dons) keep the ball in their forward half??"

*Richmond run the ball out of defensive 50 under no pressure at all*

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

snaeksikn posted:

Bruce: "can they (the dons) keep the ball in their forward half??"

haha, I think that was when Short took 4 bounces.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

snaeksikn posted:

As they have been doing all night. Not really a surprise, bruce!
loving hell this game has been frustrating as a Bombers supporter.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Merrett is a spud

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I disagree

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

'MOND '18

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/js_kay/status/1030428246939119617

Oooph. 7 games, all at the MCG too.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Watching Essendon tonight felt like watching the Crows. They had an Adelaide-like ability to get a tonne of the ball and turn it into absolutely nothing.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

:discourse:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Perhaps it's because he's a flopping loving fish who knows nothing but milking frees you utter loving idiot?

Top of the league with a homestand Home and Away season - "We get so hard done by here at Richmond"

I hope they lose every single final from here on out and finish 9th for eternity, and all the melting memberships cause Punt Rd to burn down.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 17, 2018

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Diet Crack posted:

Perhaps it's because he's a flopping loving fish who knows nothing but milking frees you utter loving idiot?

Top of the league with a homestand Home and Away season - "We get so hard done by here at Richmond"

I hope they lose every single final from here on out and finish 9th for eternity, and all the melting memberships cause Punt Rd to burn down.

The salt is delicious. Richmond are bottom on getting frees and top on them being paid against. I was at the game last night and some Essendon fan screamed about the umps paying a free to Richmond literally while the scoreboard showed Essendon on 28 and Richmond on 14.

And yeah finals will be hard. Hopefully we’ll win but once you get to eliminations it’s anyone’s game. But “tigers are advantaged at the MCG” is such a copout to how well we’ve been playing. And especially since half the other teams in Melbourne have their home at the same loving ground, any team can play well there as they should try to, it hosts the most games in the sport.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

teacup posted:

The salt is delicious. Richmond are bottom on getting frees and top on them being paid against. I was at the game last night and some Essendon fan screamed about the umps paying a free to Richmond literally while the scoreboard showed Essendon on 28 and Richmond on 14.

And yeah finals will be hard. Hopefully we’ll win but once you get to eliminations it’s anyone’s game. But “tigers are advantaged at the MCG” is such a copout to how well we’ve been playing. And especially since half the other teams in Melbourne have their home at the same loving ground, any team can play well there as they should try to, it hosts the most games in the sport.

to be fair though, you have only been playing well at the MCG, so it seems like your significant advantage is a legit topic for discussion

code:
	Crows	Adelaide Oval		Loss 82-118
	North	Etihad Stadium		Win 82-72
	Eagles	Optus Stadium		Loss 83-130
	Power	Adelaide Oval		Loss 58-72
	Swans	Etihad Stadium		Win 93-67
	Giants	Spotless Stadium	Loss 77-79
	Saints	Etihad Stadium		Win 111-57	
	Suns	Metricon Stadium	Win 125-51
You've obviously set up a gameplan that is focused around the MCG, and you're able to do so because you play there 14 times during the H&A season, if you do well enough at those you'll play the lead-up finals there, and you're guaranteed to play the grand final there.

It's not something that other MCG tenant clubs have any cause to whinge about because they have exactly the same opportunity (it's maybe my biggest criticism of Goodwin), but it absolutely gives you an advantage over docklands clubs or non-victorian teams. They have to have an MCG gameplan in their back pocket as well as a gameplan that actually gets them to their grand final, MCG tenant clubs can use the same plan to get them to the grand final and win it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

teacup posted:

For all the inane years of "SUBI, THE FANS, UMPS" - get used to it when you're up top. I'm just returning the favours. Also don't try and weasel out of the Collingwood complex you have playing at the MCG practically every week, other teams have to, y'know, travel.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lets all take a moment of silence for the poor richmond supporters who have to suffer the suggestion that playing 15 home games per season and getting home finals against higher ranked sides might possibly be advantageous

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
richmond supporters are the trump supporters of the afl - victimhood complexes and shoulder chips all round, despite being the premiers and top of the ladder

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

racing identity posted:

richmond supporters are the trump supporters of the afl - victimhood complexes and shoulder chips all round, despite being the premiers and top of the ladder

2018 - Make Richmond Great Again

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It helps the Eagles that the new stadium isn't ironing board shaped like Subi was, which helps for adaptability to the MCG.

Stupidest take I read this week was this talk of Fairytale Hawthorn. Yeah we've had a few outs since 2015 but that's still only 3 years back. I don't think we'd be eligible for the tag for 50 years. (I honestly think we'll get shown up anyway.)

Melbourne flag? Fairytale - especially since they have to change their form if/when they make the finals.
GWS? Possibly a fairytale.

I don't think any of the other contenders would qualify at this stage.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Barring the cataclysmic destruction of all human life, my preferred Grand Final is Melbourne v GWS.

It should finish in a draw, with no result determined in the two 5min extra periods. An extremely bullshit umpiring decision will then gift GWS the flag by allowing Toby Greene to score the golden point.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

to be fair though, you have only been playing well at the MCG, so it seems like your significant advantage is a legit topic for discussion

code:
	Crows	Adelaide Oval		Loss 82-118
	North	Etihad Stadium		Win 82-72
	Eagles	Optus Stadium		Loss 83-130
	Power	Adelaide Oval		Loss 58-72
	Swans	Etihad Stadium		Win 93-67
	Giants	Spotless Stadium	Loss 77-79
	Saints	Etihad Stadium		Win 111-57	
	Suns	Metricon Stadium	Win 125-51
You've obviously set up a gameplan that is focused around the MCG, and you're able to do so because you play there 14 times during the H&A season, if you do well enough at those you'll play the lead-up finals there, and you're guaranteed to play the grand final there.

It's not something that other MCG tenant clubs have any cause to whinge about because they have exactly the same opportunity (it's maybe my biggest criticism of Goodwin), but it absolutely gives you an advantage over docklands clubs or non-victorian teams. They have to have an MCG gameplan in their back pocket as well as a gameplan that actually gets them to their grand final, MCG tenant clubs can use the same plan to get them to the grand final and win it.

Except we won at etihad every time this year too? We lost two Adelaide and port and the eagles, and lost against GWS by two points.

If the MCG was such a benefit what explains Richmond from the 1980s- mid 2017??

Anyway I don’t care, I guess having a premiership and then one good season (let’s see how long it lasts for us) means we are stop horrible behemoth of a club that should be stopped

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Barring the cataclysmic destruction of all human life, my preferred Grand Final is Melbourne v GWS.

It should finish in a draw, with no result determined in the two 5min extra periods. An extremely bullshit umpiring decision will then gift GWS the flag by allowing Toby Greene to score the golden point.

You know what I’d take just making the finals and not being annihilated in the elimination final so I could have a brief moment of not being utterly embarrassed to follow this garbage club

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

racing identity posted:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

teacup posted:

If the MCG was such a benefit what explains Richmond from the 1980s- mid 2017??

This is some real “if white privilege, why am I eating pizza out of the bin” stuff

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

2018 - Make Richmond Great Again

Richmond was never that great

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
It will be funny when richmond go back to being 9th every season and their fairweather membership numbers will crash

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cmndstab posted:

Richmond was never that great

Neither was the USA that Trump supporters want to go back to

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

Neither was the USA that Trump supporters want to go back to

Yeah, I know :)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/15/politics/andrew-cuomo-america-was-never-that-great/index.html

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Just saw a Richmond supporter “own” someone online regarding their home ground advantage. Apparently they have none since none of their home games are at Punt Road

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s so unfair that we don’t get to play any games at Glenferrie > : (

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

personally i think it's been downhill ever since they let geelong form a club

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Make football great again (with this happening)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

That ad with the CGI kids taking speccies over players freaks me out a bit.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is nowhere near as good as the other ads with the kids with tats and moustaches or the aflw ad with the players in older footage.

It has too much of an uncanny valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
cats just kicked 10.1 to 0.0 in the second quarter, in which it hailed