Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Ineffiable posted:

So how about some games chat?

I am playing an (console) exclusive FPS that the Playstation doesn't even have.

Yes I am talking about the great turok!

There's something about it. I grew up playing a lot of FPS from the N64 era and it's really fun revisiting turok.

Yes I am playing it on the Xbox one x. Gotta have that extra power to render the characters that are made with like ten polygons.

Get hosed horizon zero dawn. Turok is the real dinosaur hunter

I still like horizon zero dawn.

Oh man, I completely forgot these were released on Xbox One! I've already spent so much on games this month though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BisterdDave posted:

Oh man, I completely forgot these were released on Xbox One! I've already spent so much on games this month though...

Yeah if you grew up playing FPS games in the late 90s, turok will bring you back. There's a turok bundle that's turok 1 and 2 buy that instead of the games individually. It's such a nice nostalgic feeling.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

no, ram is still fuckoff expensive to the degree where there may be legal action against ram manufacturers (again).

They're saying ram is going to increase 25% in prices next year so yeah...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RAM prices have gone down actually, not to where they were before but still.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Wish Siege had X enhancements. I have it on PS4 but I want to start fresh.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Oh, I was solely focused on video cards. But yeah RAM has gone down (though still a bit high), and RAM is like the cheapest core component.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

James Woods Fan posted:

Wish Siege had X enhancements. I have it on PS4 but I want to start fresh.

It runs in 4K and the multiplayer is 60fps, so it does.

It does not have hi res textures.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

It runs in 4K and the multiplayer is 60fps, so it does.

It does not have hi res textures.

Thats a plus for a game you're gonna have installed all the time though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pc loving sucks lol at nerds who in 2018 still pretend it’s cool to own a pc lol get a life nerds everyone uses a phone haha

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've got 32 gigs of dd4 ram in my PC and don't even have a graphics card anymore lmao

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

ethanol posted:

if you wipe the drive, it will be fixed for a matter of days or weeks, but it will eventually crash in some game and the xbox won't boot up again until it's wiped.

good loving luck explaining this to m$ tech support

You probably aren't feeding it enough Doritos through the optical drive

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Bone Krew checking in

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Everyone... please look at the type of people / posts made about a console. Like, what in the absolute gently caress is wrong with you guys. Seriously. No one has given a real non-irony poisoned answer. You have issues. It’s a video game system. You don’t need to post 11,000 times about why it sucks or whatever. You are mentally loving deranged.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Don’t keep an Xbox in instant power mode. It’s a dumb feature. If you want to turn on the Xbox just press the button. There’s no good reason to keep it ‘in standby’ sucking up power for 16 hours a day.
I keep all of the devices in my house on standby, including consoles, and my smart meter shows that it uses less than £0.01 per hour of electricity.

It really doesn’t use a lot of energy.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I saw Forza Horizon 2 is being removed from sale on the Xbox store and somebody mentioned that Forza 5 was already removed previously, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's still possible to get the free updates for Forza 5 if you own a physical copy or are you out of luck? They added a few free tracks to the game after launch and I don't know if they'd still be available or if everything for that game is now unavailable? I think they were added via patches rather than actual DLC, but I'm not 100% sure.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm looking at the convo from a few pages back about BC and it's making me mad lol. Anyone who says being able to retain their library of games moving forward doesn't matter is either dumb, or a huge sucker that wants to waste money on "remasters".

The statistics on BC this gen don't matter at all because neither system had it at launch when it would have mattered most. I always see it posted that people "don't use Xbox BC that much" and it's like, your looking at late gen statistics, which is worthless. How would those stats have looked if BC was included on both consoles, and you polled it during that first year where there wasn't poo poo out for either PS4 or Xbone? You can't really judge the appeal of something without proper BC existing in the first place. PS4 has no real BC and Xbox introduced it gradually, years into the cycle. poo poo, you can't even really use the gen before this one as an example either, because the BC PS3 was wildly more expensive than the base model and BC on 360 was super limited. So it was a spotty feature last gen as well.

Plus, as far I understand it, there is literally no good reason not to include it at this point because consoles are just cheap PC's with custom software right? There's no reason not to do it other than dick over your customers.

I still to this day would have been very happy to have not felt the need to keep my PS3 around this gen.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 18, 2018

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SUNKOS posted:

I saw Forza Horizon 2 is being removed from sale on the Xbox store and somebody mentioned that Forza 5 was already removed previously, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's still possible to get the free updates for Forza 5 if you own a physical copy or are you out of luck? They added a few free tracks to the game after launch and I don't know if they'd still be available or if everything for that game is now unavailable? I think they were added via patches rather than actual DLC, but I'm not 100% sure.

Patches are fine. Dlc isn't.

They just can't sell it anymore but if you somehow find codes they still work.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

veni veni veni posted:

I'm looking at the convo from a few pages back about BC and it's making me mad lol. Anyone who says being able to retain their library of games moving forward doesn't matter is either dumb, or a huge sucker that wants to waste money on "remasters".

The statistics on BC this gen don't matter at all because neither system had it at launch when it would have mattered most. I always see it posted that people "don't use Xbox BC that much" and it's like, your looking at late gen statistics, which is worthless. How would those stats have looked if BC was included on both consoles, and you polled it during that first year where there wasn't poo poo out for either PS4 or Xbone? You can't really judge the appeal of something without proper BC existing in the first place. PS4 has no real BC and Xbox introduced it gradually, years into the cycle. poo poo, you can't even really use the gen before this one as an example either, because the BC PS3 was wildly more expensive than the base model and BC on 360 was super limited. So it was a spotty feature last gen as well.

Plus, as far I understand it, there is literally no good reason not to include it at this point because consoles are just cheap PC's with custom software right? There's no reason not to do it other than dick over your customers.

I still to this day would have been very happy to have not felt the need to keep my PS3 around this gen.

Yeah plus just like, people used the gently caress out of BC on the PS2 and the Wii, that's for drat sure. Or GBC and then GBA and then DS etc

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

veni veni veni posted:

Xbox One is the best system simply because you can play 3 generations of games on it, and hopefully keeps the same ecosystem for their next console as well. It’s loving amazing. Ninja Gaiden Black looks incredible.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the only way a console can be the best system is if it has star control 2 on it. therefore, the 3do is the best console ever.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Xbox Ambassador is perhaps the bravest and stupidest waste of effort gimmick account I’ve ever witnessed on these forums.

Go away Steve Ballmer.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Gamepass is like, the best thing I’ve ever seen. I have literally not bought a new game since I subscribed. Plus with a lot of 360 collection and OG Xbox stuff being BC it’s incredible

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I can’t quote that cause the title is already a better rendition plz try to be more original with your insane rambling

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m surprised a moderator hasn’t stepped in here. If these forums have learned anything from Jon Pop it’s that both these two should have their parents contacted to get them away from their keyboards and into some help. It only gets worse here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fishmech posted:

Yeah plus just like, people used the gently caress out of BC on the PS2 and the Wii, that's for drat sure. Or GBC and then GBA and then DS etc

Exactly. Look at anything that has had full BC available and it's obvious that people use it. If someone wants an example use Nintendo, not modern Sony or MS because their history with BC for the last decade plus has been rough (although I'm pretty happy with Xbone's BC capabilities at this point. Seems like every good 360 game can played) and yes I do use it. Not a lot, but enough that I am very glad it's there.

Either way I think there's a 99% chance the next wave of systems will be fully BC so I'm not too worried about it. MS is obviously going to do it, and regardless of the PS4's performance vs Xbox it's still gonna put the pressure on Sony to include it. It just shocks me that so many people say they don't care. Like, do they just want to keep old hardware sitting on your shelf forever, or say goodbye to everything they bought? Seems like something people would care about more. Even if it's not a feature they are going to be using all of the time.

Plus trading in your old system to get the new one is always better on the wallet.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm making my way through every Halo game from 3 onward since I never got around to playing any of them, and I just started Reach today. I was wondering, is the Master Chief Collection worth getting, if only for being able to play 1 and 2? Also, did they ever fix the multiplayer or whatever was hosed up from the beginning?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

I'm making my way through every Halo game from 3 onward since I never got around to playing any of them, and I just started Reach today. I was wondering, is the Master Chief Collection worth getting, if only for being able to play 1 and 2? Also, did they ever fix the multiplayer or whatever was hosed up from the beginning?

Their latest crack at fixing it was recently announced but not out yet.
Enjoy reach, the helicopter and spaceship levels kick rear end and i cant believe bungie didnt make destiny more vehicle centric after nailing it in reach

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

They are adding 4K which should be out soon. It will probably be on gamepass soon as well

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

Their latest crack at fixing it was recently announced but not out yet.
Enjoy reach, the helicopter and spaceship levels kick rear end and i cant believe bungie didnt make destiny more vehicle centric after nailing it in reach

I guess I'll hold off for now, just worried that once they get it working right that it'll drive the prices up. Once I get Xbox Live Gold, I'm excited to jump into Halo 3 multiplayer. I also still have to play through the entire Gears of War series since I never touched those either. Hell, anything Xbox related from 2006 onward I never played. That's why I'd really like to see more 360 exclusive games come to BC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears 4 was real bad i hope 5 mixes things up more than just the (highly necessary) protag switch

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
MCCis an assload of video games for your money. Problem is it’s like 80 gigs and that’s before the 4K update.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Real hurthling! posted:

Gears 4 was real bad

well yeah it's a gears of war game

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Beastie posted:

MCCis an assload of video games for your money. Problem is it’s like 80 gigs and that’s before the 4K update.

The upcoming update will supposedly allow for individual installs which is cool.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

BisterdDave posted:

The upcoming update will supposedly allow for individual installs which is cool.

Thank gently caress. I really don't need Halo 4 thank you.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I have literally not bought a new game since I subscribed.

The best console business model is the one where its most ardent supporters buy no games.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Comparing the entire Xbox library to the PS2 or GBA is hilarious. I'm pretty sure every Xbox exclusive ever won't add up the PS2. It's a little different. The only Xbox Games people might care about next gen is MCC and I'm struggling to think of another.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

RBX posted:

Comparing the entire Xbox library to the PS2 or GBA is hilarious. I'm pretty sure every Xbox exclusive ever won't add up the PS2. It's a little different. The only Xbox Games people might care about next gen is MCC and I'm struggling to think of another.

Rare Replay.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

But the NES Classic exists now.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait the dorito xbox died

my dorito xbox is fine, electronics just don't like living in ethan's mud hut

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Gamepass is like, the best thing I’ve ever seen. I have literally not bought a new game since I subscribed. Plus with a lot of 360 collection and OG Xbox stuff being BC it’s incredible

same but i didn't pay for the gamepass either lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

RBX posted:

I hope they remaster the classic Xbox One game Master Chief Collection for Xbox 2