Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I swear in the original version of the game the new secret super chef mentions Armand's dad died of diabetes no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I burst out laughing when I saw Dimitri in the final cutscene. Bravo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jack2142 posted:

I swear in the original version of the game the new secret super chef mentions Armand's dad died of diabetes no joke.

It's there:

Enchanted Hat posted:

That's right, and we were inseparable friends, we were, until your father lost his bout against diabetes. But I remember your father's sense of camaraderie and for that, I will always respect a LeBoeuf!

I was going to mention that, but if I'm calling out ridiculous details in this update, I'd have to say a lot, so I passed.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

ultrafilter posted:

It's there:

I was going to mention that, but if I'm calling out ridiculous details in this update, I'd have to say a lot, so I passed.

I missed that :derp:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Thank you for the LP! This was gloriously silly.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I was hoping. Praying, that the endgame ploy would involve beating new age animal horrors with oldschool animal horrors :allears:

"These drat corporations and their soulless injections! A REAL chef doesn't take shortcuts fattening up a liver!"

...This is the literal first time we've ever seen Edmund, right? What a waste of a perfectly good evil chef model.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The decor in our final restaurant makes it look like the world's most depressing nightclub. Truly a fitting end.

I have no idea how or why they managed to shoehorn this bizarre story into a game about managing a successful chain of restaurants but I hope we get to see what nonsense the sequel holds one day.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:qq: Bravo! :neckbeard:

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
Good job everyone, we stopped a international food corporation that provided cheap good food for the world. That will teach them to use evil GMOs and pesticides. Now we are free to open up our restaurants all over and milk the populace for every cent they have.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
OmniFood would actually make a vaguely credible villain if they were providing cheap but slightly-inferior food (due to cheap ingredients, whatever their provenance) and pushing all the gourmet restaurants out of business by outcompeting them. It'd make the cooking competition finale kind of nonsensical (where'd this Omnifood super-chef come from if their gimmick is low-quality food?), but the rest of the game would make a lot more sense.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

...that's it? Omnifood completely stops existing after one cooking contest that they lose by a hair? That was the wettest fart of an ending they coud have possibly done :psyduck:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Omnifood was basically a non-entity aside from the guy who stole recipes, when we're the ones doing all the traditionally villainous stuff in a game like this this. It's pretty weird.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I'm sure Don Corleone and the food critic enjoyed having their eight-person victory feast at a kid's table for four.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Of all the endings of video games I have seen, that certainly was one. Thanks for the LP, was very entertaining.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Great LP, I highly enjoyed it :) It gave a lot of laughs.

Looking forward to the RE2 LP!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Section Z posted:

...This is the literal first time we've ever seen Edmund, right? What a waste of a perfectly good evil chef model.

Never seen him before. And you're completely right, the whole thing about OmniFood being a threat would have been so much more credible if they'd made an appearance like, ever. Like he could come into our restaurant and say"ha ha your food is poo poo, Armand! We'll set up a restaurant right across from yours and drive you out of business", and then the game could cut your daily customers by something like 60% to show just how powerful and evil they are. Instead OmniFood does nothing to us this entire game.

Flamester posted:

Good job everyone, we stopped a international food corporation that provided cheap good food for the world. That will teach them to use evil GMOs and pesticides. Now we are free to open up our restaurants all over and milk the populace for every cent they have.

My favourite bit of LeBoeuf hypocrisy is how the one shady thing we keep accusing OmniFood of doing is using special GMO super-ingredients to unfairly win cooking contests, but the way we beat OmniFood is by unfairly using a special super-ingredient that they don't have access to instead of using our superior cooking skill or the power of friendship or something like that.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

You can really tell this game was made in China with all the capitalism discussions.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
What an amazing game. :allears:

Can't wait to ruin your restaurants in the sequel!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
These 'recipes' need to be crossposted to goons with spoons for their 'enjoyment'.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
That was certainly a fun read.

Still a bit amazed that we didn't even get a little bit of trash talk from Omnifood. The final chef didn't use any of our recipes in the competition, so that whole stolen recipes thing went nowhere and means Delia was the only person in this whole game to actually speak with anyone vaguely related to Omnifood. All things considered, that guy could have just been some random jerk in purple.

Also, Armand, did you just pull an already plated duck l'orange out of the oven in that ending scene? Is that why we have to cook separately for each customer? Cause everyone builds the entire plate presentation and then heats it up?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I laughed out loud when they casually went "Oh, your dad died of diabetes." Of loving course he did.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-cinnamon

quote:

Because cinnamon may lower blood sugar, people with diabetes may need to adjust their treatment if they use cinnamon supplements.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dun dun dunnn.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Turns out the Don stole all of the dad's insulin then picked a favourite dish specifically tailored to kill him. A twist so devious not even M. Night Shyamalan saw it coming!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This was a fantastic LP. I look forward to destroying profitability when you do RE2 by designing perfect menus... and I will never not love La Cosa Nostra's decor.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
This was wonderful. What an excellent choice of game to LP!
I'm already looking forward to RE2 -- I can only hope it is just as or even more insane.

Oh, also, everyone should watch the ending video. Armand's voice-acting is amazingly amateurish. Like, "Hey, kid, you wanna be in a videogame for fifty bucks?" level.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I may have forgotten during my apartment move hubbub, but grats on finishing the LP, and beating the most evil OmniFood, the organization that did all the.. what, 1, 2 bad things that happened to Armand?

Can't wait to see what you face in the next game. Perhaps "evil" cooks... from space?!

Also, here's a possibility as to how all these, uhhh, delightfully creative recipes end up in our restaurants' menus (from the PYF weird news headlines thread)

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I think Omnifood did like one bad thing to Armand the entire game.

Meanwhile we have our hero skimping out on the quality of his food all to squeeze every last cent out of his customers.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I think Omnifood did like one bad thing to Armand the entire game.

Meanwhile we have our hero skimping out on the quality of his food all to squeeze every last cent out of his customers.

And getting cozy with the mob. But really the most criminal thing he did was hire goons to do his interior decorating.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
poo poo, I completely forgot to ask for smoked salmon on my lobster pizza when I went to the Polish place the other day. drat drat drat

Nice LP and looking forward to 2!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Such a good LP with so many terrible recipes. That ending video is horrifying.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

Such a good LP with so many terrible recipes. That ending video is horrifying.

Thank you! I just recently finished playing through Restaurant Empire 2, and there's a ton of really incredible stuff in that game, so I'm planning on starting the next LP sometime in the next couple of days.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
You're too good to us, Hat :allears:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Enchanted Hat posted:

Thank you! I just recently finished playing through Restaurant Empire 2, and there's a ton of really incredible stuff in that game, so I'm planning on starting the next LP sometime in the next couple of days.

awesome, i hope folks keep posting corrected recipes. poo poo is hilarious.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Oh boy I can't wait. Can we still mod the textures?

Also will you make a new thread or keep it in this one?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Also will you make a new thread or keep it in this one?

I think that answers that.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon crepes for everyone!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I only found this thread yesterday but what a wonderful read, thank you for showing of this "gem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Zedd posted:

I only found this thread yesterday but what a wonderful read, thank you for showing of this "gem".

Glad you enjoyed it! You should come help us decorate our new restaurants in the sequel thread.

• Locked thread