Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I tried to play Koihime Enbu but none of the characters are ST Boxer and frankly idk what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
PC UNIST unlocks today ehhhhhhh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So I remembered I have an Xbox 360 HORI Real Arcade PRO.EX Premium VLX I bought back when I was first getting into hdremix/sfiv. What can I do with that now as a pure PS4 player. I’m playing fgs comfortably with a pad but it might be fun to do something with it if it’s easy and worth it. Maybe I should sell it idk

Hmm I love the old school horror theme but I’ve moved on from NRS games after realizing they don’t give a poo poo about animations (to be fair this looks way better than Injustice 2). SP content is always good but eh. Cautiously optimistic?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snk heroines will be the sunday finale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope BBTag stays for another year it was an awesome game to watch in top 32

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'll never play Koihime Enbu because Zhang Fei is a 12 year old girl and it manages to somehow be uglier than an NRS game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What time does unist unlock

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Kilometers Davis posted:

So I remembered I have an Xbox 360 HORI Real Arcade PRO.EX Premium VLX I bought back when I was first getting into hdremix/sfiv. What can I do with that now as a pure PS4 player. I’m playing fgs comfortably with a pad but it might be fun to do something with it if it’s easy and worth it. Maybe I should sell it idk

You can get a Brook converter if you want to play your stick on PS4

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/windjammers-2-announced-for-switch-pc

Oh, there's your eighth EVO game.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Real hurthling! posted:

What time does unist unlock

I think it's 5pm Pacific or 6pm in God's Time Zone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mario Tennis Aces would be a better choice imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mario Tennis Aces would be a better choice imo

I'll let FChamp speak for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRxJV8zHrVk&hd=1

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I like the one girl in koihime enbu with a stubby pig face

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I've always considered UNIST to be a supernatural anime horror fighting game but when I express this view most people I've spoken to about it at locals etc disagree and say it's more straight up fantasy. What's everyone's take on that?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

DOA6 going full tentacle this time, they know who they're selling to.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Windjammers/status/1031517214191616000?s=19

rip Dave Lang

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ultramega posted:

I've always considered UNIST to be a supernatural anime horror fighting game but when I express this view most people I've spoken to about it at locals etc disagree and say it's more straight up fantasy. What's everyone's take on that?

The text in the game is word salad

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ultramega posted:

I've always considered UNIST to be a supernatural anime horror fighting game

That is extremely my poo poo and makes me want to play UNIST but isn’t the playerbase very thin on PS4?

dhamster posted:

You can get a Brook converter if you want to play your stick on PS4

Thanks for that :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unist is a game you use discord for

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

unisn'tt

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Real hurthling! posted:

Unist is a game you use discord for

Ive considered using discord for fgs but eh that lowers my interest a lot.

Is it really not ranked/quick match friendly?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No, it's a niche of a niche, with the PS4 version coming like 7 months after JP release which was already months after the arcade release and the PC version is even later. The player base is tiny

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

why is this one guy nicknamed Tiny the entire playerbase for pretty much every anime game how is he so good

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ultramega posted:

the main character is literally named after Jekyll and Hyde so I think you're onto something

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

https://i.imgur.com/hsmWbmm.mp4

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Dotemu :negative:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Windjammers but with flash game art was not something i wanted to see

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

It's not really hard at all to get matches via discord for fighters. The fanbase for these games is small but very devoted.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ultramega posted:

Its just vampires

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

What the gently caress is Merkava.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
unreal black thing

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Ultramega posted:

A friend.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
UNIST is like the most popular game at my locals right now but also my locals have super degenerate anime taste.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
DoA6 looks fun. It also looks like DoA5.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I know Merkava is a friend because he is friend shape.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Ultramega posted:

There's these things called voids that eat people and are basically just wild animals. Merkava is a void but he's special because he's intelligent enough to speak and reason, but he still sometimes goes crazy and eats people. That's all I know about Under Night lore.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Renoistic posted:

DoA6 looks fun. It also looks like DoA5.

Soul Calibur and DoA are my fav 3D fighters, while more of a 2D fighter fan. And a shoutout to Power Stone. That said, sometimes when a new game comes out I just say, does this look better than several iterations I have on the shelf? For DoA6 the answer to me is no. And, I do think pizazz and style are part of what makes the series stand out, so I don't dig the boring serious direction. So I'm more pumped for SC6 naturally. Gameplay is key, but take KoF, XIV plays terrific, and it's very good, but the style and unique flair of those earlier KoF games just makes it feel more special. Pumped for SC6 though.

That all said, if Tina ends up in DOA6 and can slay like King at Evo, that'll be good.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's not that volleyball game, so I'd say Tina should be a given. Youtube comments never disappoint - the new DoA trailer features anime girls beating the crap out of each other, boob jiggle, outfits from previous games, explosions and a giant octopus grabbing a girl and smashing her into the ground. Which apparently makes it 'SJW propaganda' :lol:

Anyway, I'm hoping for a new 'pretty forest' and 'in the middle of a busy street' level. Those have always been my favorites.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Why the gently caress do Hitomi and Leifang have the same face?? Stuff like this makes the game look low budget as hell.

You post this immediately after recommending UNIST to someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ultramega posted:

he's a vampire