Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, rope kid is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, rope kid is great.

:boom:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1031542095734091776

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Nice, though I was hoping they would be on Nvidia's show that starts in 2 hours.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Given that tease, maybe they're going to show something from the game? A small bit of narrated gameplay or something maybe?

Although it's probably just gonna be the demo behind closed doors again, this time for the Euro press who couldn't/wouldn't attend E3 - I've heard CD Projekt likes to do this to keep up relations with smaller European games publications.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

Ruflux posted:

Given that tease, maybe they're going to show something from the game? A small bit of narrated gameplay or something maybe?

Although it's probably just gonna be the demo behind closed doors again, this time for the Euro press who couldn't/wouldn't attend E3 - I've heard CD Projekt likes to do this to keep up relations with smaller European games publications.

I'd say best case is a new trailer. Hopefully a female V at night one. Still think mid/late 2019 is the earliest the game will be out so no gameplay footage before E3 next year. If that.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1031445772133388288

Good look.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Why would you loving tweet this

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Comte de Saint-Germain, I don't know how much contact you have with your PR department, but perhaps you should take them aside and tell them to not court the bad parts of the gaming community.

I understand this isn't really your job, but unfortunately no one involved in this game's social media accounts posts here as far as I know.

Thank you very much.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

JBP posted:

Why would you loving tweet this
they're polish

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Relin posted:

they're polish
Yo don't do this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Relin posted:

they're polish

they have trans people in poland too

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Relin posted:

they're polish

They're in marketing.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Endorph posted:

they have trans people in poland too
from what i understand of polish politics they are not treated well

edit: oh nice theyve passed a number of laws for gays and trans in the past few months now that i'm double checking

https://www.equaldex.com/region/poland

Relin fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 21, 2018

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Welp they now have a parade of excited bigots lining up in the replies promising to buy their game and oh by the way trans people are mentally ill people who mutilate themselves etc etc etc

And its been up for 24 hours so they obviously aren't in a hurry to fix it.

I was excited for this game but if it turns out that the devs are happy to ignore this sort of bigoted poo poo in their official PR channels then I'll have to bow out of purchasing their product. Bummer.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I was excited for this game but if it turns out that the devs are happy to ignore this sort of bigoted poo poo in their official PR channels then I'll have to bow out of purchasing their product. Bummer.

same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Relin posted:

from what i understand of polish politics they are not treated well

edit: oh nice theyve passed a number of laws for gays and trans in the past few months now that i'm double checking

https://www.equaldex.com/region/poland
im glad of it but im not sure what that really has to do with them saying a lovely thing since, a lovely thing is a lovely thing to say regardless of your country's beliefs on it. we live in an international society, its not that unreasonable to expect people to have some base level awareness, especially when your entire job is marketing the game to as broad a range of people as possible.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Welp they now have a parade of excited bigots lining up in the replies promising to buy their game and oh by the way trans people are mentally ill people who mutilate themselves etc etc etc

And its been up for 24 hours so they obviously aren't in a hurry to fix it.

cd projekt red also criminally underpays and overworks their employees so

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I wonder what's the ratio of people dropping the game based on that tweet to people picking it up based off that tweet.

Are their enough "loving normies reeee" people to justify the dropped sales?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Vast majority of people doesn't give a gently caress about stupid twatter posts..

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, sure people are going to make decisions based on a completely inconsequential joke tweet buried in some random conversation :rolleyes: extremely online people really can get deep up their own rear end

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

dogstile posted:

I wonder what's the ratio of people dropping the game based on that tweet to people picking it up based off that tweet.

Are their enough "loving normies reeee" people to justify the dropped sales?

People will say I'm not buying it and buy it anyway.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

alex314 posted:

Vast majority of people doesn't give a gently caress about stupid twatter posts..

The majority of people don't have to live with lovely non-jokes about huge aspects of their identity like this either

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

JBP posted:

People will say I'm not buying it and buy it anyway.

modernwarfare2boycott.jpg

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, sure people are going to make decisions based on a completely inconsequential joke tweet buried in some random conversation :rolleyes: extremely online people really can get deep up their own rear end

yep, completely inconsequential, unless you're trans i guess but who gives a poo poo about those people am i right

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Also you can still be hyped about a game but disappointed in one lovely PR person making rear end in a top hat jokes, not everything is a make or break, polarizing issue

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Shoehead posted:

Also you can still be hyped about a game but disappointed in one lovely PR person making rear end in a top hat jokes, not everything is a make or break, polarizing issue

No, but this is.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's gone now, but based on the reactions here that must be a good thing.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It was an unprompted DID YOU JUST ASSUME GENDER? joke.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Shoehead posted:

The Internet begs to differ. Hard.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was a joke made in poor taste, offensive to some, and most damning of all, it wasn't funny.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Combat Pretzel posted:

The Internet begs to differ. Hard.

It's 100% something that tCDPR should have had SOME response to, but there it is, still up there over 24 hours later, which I think is the most damning thing about it. Sorry I didn't mean to downplay how lovely it is, I just hate the "hurf you'll still all buy it who cares?" replies.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
To be fair, it's not still up. They deleted it. No response though, though I hope that is coming.

I don't think one should necessarily swear off CD Projekt's games based on some PR ineptitude, but this is the second time that RED and GOG have had some PR snafu on Twitter in a short amount of time.

It feels like they're either courting shitheads while maintaining plausible deniability, or they're just... not good at social media. At all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

botany posted:

yep, completely inconsequential, unless you're trans i guess but who gives a poo poo about those people am i right

:discourse:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Someone post the joke or I'll assume it's being blown out of proportion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

It was an unprompted DID YOU JUST ASSUME GENDER? joke.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

It was literally the phrase "Are you assuming their gender?"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shoehead posted:

It's 100% something that tCDPR should have had SOME response to, but there it is, still up there over 24 hours later, which I think is the most damning thing about it. Sorry I didn't mean to downplay how lovely it is, I just hate the "hurf you'll still all buy it who cares?" replies.

I was just saying there's a lot of "not buying" responses and people will still buy it like they always do. Their social media idiot should get sacked for that though since you'd assume the core responsibility of that person is fostering a harmonious relationship with and between potential customers rather than making a joke that denigrates trans people.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

JBP posted:

I was just saying there's a lot of "not buying" responses and people will still buy it like they always do. Their social media idiot should get sacked for that though since you'd assume the core responsibility of that person is fostering a harmonious relationship with and between potential customers rather than making a joke that denigrates trans people.

Yeah, regardless of whether anyone here thinks the specific joke was bad taste, when you're a social media PR person fostering good relations with people is literally your only job. They pay you to understand things like this and if they didn't think it was important they'd have some random dev running the twitter instead.

This is assuming they have a professional PR person running their twitter rather than a random dev.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Chalks posted:

It was literally the phrase "Are you assuming their gender?"

Lol. If thats it, jesus people calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lol. If thats it, jesus people calm down

Cool ok I will sign into my work Twitter now and post a helicopter rides meme or some other dogwhistle poo poo then tell my boss to "relax" and that it was "just a joke".