Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

'Black' costume. Maybe it is to fit in on Magnito's team.
Wonder what the emblem on his left shoulder is.

It's boring and blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean at this point does Wolverine need a costume?

Only in Madripoor. There's a guy called Patch there with the same haircut, it's the damndest thing.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Surely at some point, maybe a no adamantium point, someone might must have evenly bisected Wolverine with a laser...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wolv looks pretty unhappy about the costume.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
This isn't the most representative group of comics fans, but is anybody here actually excited about Wolverine being alive again?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean at this point does Wolverine need a costume? Doesn’t looks like he’s hiding his face (actually did he ever had a secret identity? Or has he always just dressed up but everyone knows he’s Logan?) and assuming he’s been alive since the end of Secret Wars unless he’s joining a team I imagine he can skip the formalities.

The name "Logan" was first revealed by a leprechaun that was hanging around Banshee's castle in Scotland. Back when everyone thought the X-Men were dead he wore an eyepatch and went by "Patches."

Not a single word I've written is a lie.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rochallor posted:

This isn't the most representative group of comics fans, but is anybody here actually excited about Wolverine being alive again?

We had a better Wolverine and she came with a Honey Badger. I like Logan well enough but his story came to a very satisfying close and I don't feel like Laura ever got her due and that's such complete bullshit.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rochallor posted:

If his ongoing sounds good, sure. I'll give it a shot if it's still Soule after the mini.

edit: It'd be neat if Lemire and Sorrentino come back. Their OML was good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Death of...was really great and Enough was the best final words anyone could have come up with for Logan. I never needed him back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

Only in Madripoor. There's a guy called Patch there with the same haircut, it's the damndest thing.

There's no way Patch could be Logan, Logan as two eyes!

I love Wolverine but I'm eh about him coming back. It's not like we don't have two pefectly snik bubs right now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

There's no way Patch could be Logan, Logan as two eyes!

I love Wolverine but I'm eh about him coming back. It's not like we don't have two pefectly snik bubs right now.

There's at least 4, probably as many as six.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What would you prefer, yellow spandex?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Argue posted:

What would you prefer, yellow spandex?

I know that's a reference to the first X-Men film, but my answer is still Yes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Given some of the stuff we've seen in the Hunt For Wolverine prequel miniseries, I'd guess that the shoulder emblem has something to do with Sotiera, which is the company/organization that seems to be involved, somehow, in the story. Having seen the ending of Weapon Lost, maybe it's their uniform or some poo poo. I expect the look to be abandoned by the end of the mini anyways, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rochallor posted:

I'm a pretty big Wolverine fan, and it's really easy to make a Wolverine story that I'm into and am glad Logan's back. With that said though I could've happily just had them throw him in a "LOGAN" book and just did a few years of him wandering around Japan or Canada or something while letting Laura stay The Main Wolverine for a while.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean at this point does Wolverine need a costume?
Well otherwise he'd be naked.

Actually...

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Actually...

So... Barry Windsor-Smith's Weapon X? I could get behind that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Actually...

Given the right artist, Naked Wolverine could beat Jim Lee's X-men #1 in sales, Just literally call the book Naked Wolverine.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

What happens to old man Logan now? I like that guy a lot more than regular Logan.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Weapon XXX.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Billzasilver posted:

What happens to old man Logan now? I like that guy a lot more than regular Logan.

What usually happens - either killed off or shoved back into his crapsack universe. I really liked him a lot and Laura as Wolverine, sad to see this time end.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/15/dead-man-logan-marvel-wolverine/

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

God drat it :sigh:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

12 comics is more than I'd expect to them to give a writer to wrap him up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Banshee's castle is in Ireland.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Rochallor posted:

I am but I'm weird when it comes to some things about comics.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

The name "Logan" was first revealed by a leprechaun that was hanging around Banshee's castle in Scotland. Back when everyone thought the X-Men were dead he wore an eyepatch and went by "Patches."

Cassidy Keep is in Ireland (I believe he's one of the Mayo Cadsidy's.)
Also why would there be Leprechauns in Scotland. That would be like Bigfoot walking around in Mexico.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There have been hundreds of Bigfoot sightings in Mexico.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rochallor posted:

it's fine that he's back (did anyone actually expect him to stay dead in the first place?) but it's still disappointing that they screwed laura out of the name

still think they should have named his book logan and let laura keep wolverine

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's fine that he's back (did anyone actually expect him to stay dead in the first place?) but it's still disappointing that they screwed laura out of the name

I'm also bummed they didn't trust Laura with it. It feels like they brought Logan back because people complained, but the ones who complained weren't reading comics anyway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A name is a name. Doesn't really matter to me. Laura's book is just as good under the name X-23 as it was Wolverine. I don't really care either way.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Logan's new costume makes him look like a lieutenant in a steampunk evil empire. Still, it's hard not to be excited about the storytelling possibilities opened up by him having hot claws (!).

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I still don't really get the point of the hot claws. It's not like the standard adamantium claws aren't deadly enough. Seems like putting a hat on a hat.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Wolverine is now a one man barbeque. Skewer a bratwurst on one of those bad boys, wait a few minutes, you've got yourself some great eating. I assume this is mostly what the new book will be about.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Been gaming too hard the last couple days, havent kept up

Eve ewing writing riri = good

New logan costume = kinda bland

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

X-O posted:

A name is a name. Doesn't really matter to me. Laura's book is just as good under the name X-23 as it was Wolverine. I don't really care either way.

Except that's objectively wrong, at the very least from an in-story perspective. Her taking the mantle of Wolverine was entirely about her taking up a heroic legacy and putting her own mark on it, carrying it forward, and being better at it than her predecessor due to having learned from him, and not just going by the clone designation she was given and her nature as a weapon... but I guess it's just as fine and doesn't change anything if she just decides to go back to that for no reason other than the old dude is around/will be around sometime in the next year, right? No difference at all!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pitwar posted:

I still don't really get the point of the hot claws. It's not like the standard adamantium claws aren't deadly enough. Seems like putting a hat on a hat.

It's so we can get cool panels of him out in the cold with steam rising from the claws.

Or to lower the amount of blood in his comics since all the wounds he inflicts are instantly cauterized.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KaosMachina posted:

Except that's objectively wrong, at the very least from an in-story perspective. Her taking the mantle of Wolverine was entirely about her taking up a heroic legacy and putting her own mark on it, carrying it forward, and being better at it than her predecessor due to having learned from him, and not just going by the clone designation she was given and her nature as a weapon... but I guess it's just as fine and doesn't change anything if she just decides to go back to that for no reason other than the old dude is around/will be around sometime in the next year, right? No difference at all!

Yeah her taking taking the name gave the book a solid narrative direction. Backsliding to X-23 did the opposite

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lobok posted:

It's so we can get cool panels of him out in the cold with steam rising from the claws.

Or to lower the amount of blood in his comics since all the wounds he inflicts are instantly cauterized.

I can't wait for them to rebrand Sabertooth as Lightsabertooth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I can't wait for them to rebrand Sabertooth as Lightsabertooth!

Creed, are you making that electric hum?
Ith muh teeth, they may'h that thound when I o'en muh mouth