Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also as a head's up if you have Amazon Prime they frequently rotate through their feature length ones on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Fun in Balloonland does fundamentally alter you at the spiritual level.

Like, I can divide my life into the time before I saw Fun in Balloonland and after.

Now I know how the characters in a Lovecraft story feel once they glimpse the Great Old Ones.

I think I'm going to end up like Detective Walenski in Dark City.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I keep almost picking up the latest RiffTrax release, being the horror flick 'Ice Cream Man' but that is a LOT of Clint Howard leering and mugging at the camera.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Dawgstar posted:

I keep almost picking up the latest RiffTrax release, being the horror flick 'Ice Cream Man' but that is a LOT of Clint Howard leering and mugging at the camera.

I got lemonade, Dixie cups, all flavors and tranya too

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

The Bermuda Triangle also stars Miguel Angel Fuentes aka Vidinho from Pumaman.

Not to mention some obscure movie director or another.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I like Fun in Balloonland because it's so damned Philadelphia (grew up in northern Delaware in the late late 60s through to the 70s, and all of our local TV was Philly).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

rydiafan posted:

Like, I can divide my life into the time before I saw Fun in Balloonland and after.

Now I know how the characters in a Lovecraft story feel once they glimpse the Great Old Ones.

I think I'm going to end up like Detective Walenski in Dark City.

There’s actually a few distinct eras of Life with Rifftrax. Life Pre-Ice Cream Bunny. Life Pre-Fun In Balloonland. Life Pre-Rollergator. And Life Pre-A Talking Cat?!?. All make you descend to a whole new level of insanity.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

There’s actually a few distinct eras of Life with Rifftrax. Life Pre-Ice Cream Bunny. Life Pre-Fun In Balloonland. Life Pre-Rollergator. And Life Pre-A Talking Cat?!?. All make you descend to a whole new level of insanity.

Oh, God, Rollergator. One might think from the capsule description of 'talking baby alligator who raps and thinks he's funny is being pursued by a skateboard ninja sent by Joe Estevez' would lead to the valid conclusion of 'this motion picture will not be very good.' You do not realize it, but you have uttered an understatement that offends God Himself.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, God, Rollergator. One might think from the capsule description of 'talking baby alligator who raps and thinks he's funny is being pursued by a skateboard ninja sent by Joe Estevez' would lead to the valid conclusion of 'this motion picture will not be very good.' You do not realize it, but you have uttered an understatement that offends God Himself.

Well that capsule leaves out two of the most maddening parts of the film. It’s all shot on the same VHS Camcorder your dad had in the early ‘90s, and it has the same 15 second loop of a ‘score’ that plays for the entire film.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Raskolnikov38 posted:

which italian shark movie had vadinho in it?

I dunno but I'm suddenly remembering being a hyperactive 10 or 11 year old deeply into Jaws and its' sequels, and excitedly renting "Shark!" with Burt Reynolds. What a loving letdown.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

Well that capsule leaves out two of the most maddening parts of the film. It’s all shot on the same VHS Camcorder your dad had in the early ‘90s, and it has the same 15 second loop of a ‘score’ that plays for the entire film.

The noodling acoustic guitar followed me for days I'd seen it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I could not make it through Rollergator. The soundtrack did me in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

I kept thinking I was playing Diablo and idling in Tristram.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just want Rifftrax to do Tentacles for maximum 'it's Florida, not Italy; honest-ness'.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Half (or more) of the dialogue in Rollergator is inaudible as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Breadallelogram posted:

Half (or more) of the dialogue in Rollergator is inaudible as well.

Which is probably for the best.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Official:

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1031619348996059137

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, my. Monster A Go-Go. Not so much a movie as a random collection of scenes that are sort of related and it's all a dream anyway. Even Manos or Wild World of Batwoman doesn't pull that.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I missed this set the first time around, and Monster A Go-Go is just an essential episode, so I'm really happy about this.

Also I still haven't seen Hobgoblins. Yeah, I know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Dead Talk Back is a weird episode because the movie was made in the 50s but it never actually got released until right before it got riffed.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, my. Monster A Go-Go. Not so much a movie as a random collection of scenes that are sort of related and it's all a dream anyway. Even Manos or Wild World of Batwoman doesn't pull that.

That's what happens when you run out of money mid-production and then pick back up years later with a new director, new actors, and no ending.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Rollersnake posted:

I missed this set the first time around, and Monster A Go-Go is just an essential episode, so I'm really happy about this.

You’re in for a treat, my friend.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

It honest to God took me three tries to get through Rollergator, and I haven't touched it since.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

The Dead Talk Back is a weird episode because the movie was made in the 50s but it never actually got released until right before it got riffed.

Oh, it's true.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mister Kingdom posted:

Oh, it's true.

Actually, the dead never talk back in that movie.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Edward Mass posted:

Actually, the dead never talk back in that movie.

Much like how there are two inaccuracies in the title Future War.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Dawgstar posted:

And the feature with my all time favorite

“Two Words......Closed Casket.”

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Powered Descent posted:

You won't hear me complain about it.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

Fish! Picker!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

Or Teen-Age Strangler which features neither a teenager who strangles nor somebody who strangles teens exclusively.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Or Kitten with a Whip, which features 0 cats who engage in S&M.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rollersnake posted:

"it's the eight-ees / do a lot of coke and, vote for ronald reagan!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

luxury handset posted:

"Invest in arbitrage/and read Jay McInerny!"

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

luxury handset posted:

i dont know why this is one of my favorite all time mst3k jokes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hobgoblins is just a classic all around. It even starts strong with examining the perils of accidentally turning somebody on.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Ladies and gentlemen: FLATBUTT!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rollersnake posted:

Also I still haven't seen Hobgoblins.

...mods?!

Sorry, I meant...

...mads?!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Ladies and gentlemen: FLATBUTT!

Well, at least he has Loverboy beat as a live act! :haw:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Never mind all the coke and voting for Reagan -- before you watch this movie you must paint your muscle car PRUNE COLOUR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ms Boods posted:

Never mind all the coke and voting for Reagan -- before you watch this movie you must paint your muscle car PRUNE COLOUR.

Prune? But that's the name of the song!

The thing that always sticks to me about Hobgoblins is that the annoying club owner character went on to voice Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents.