Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

El Spamo posted:

Dang, that kind of build is awesome and very much out of reach. Could you comment on a build for a more mid-early (MR6-7ish) Rhino build? I don't have any crazy rare purple prime goofball mods, but even without that I found myself standing in front of a dozen or so enemies (while on Jupiter I think? Europa?) while I emptied my main weapon killing a few, stood there and reloaded while they were just going nuts shooting me, and then finished them off and they didn't even breach Iron Skin. Can I get even tankier at my level? Here's what I'm running currently, what's equipped is a good representation of what kind of comparable mods I have lying around. Is dropping 20p on the Exilus adapter worth it to fill in that slot?

Edit: See build posted below.

Here's the thing about Rhino that many people don't realize: Rhino is a great support frame. 8 second hard CC plus a 30% multiplicative damage buff is bonkers. Iron skin is great and all, but it gets to a point where you don't need bazillion iron skin. Just refresh it once in a while with Iron Shrapnel, and you're good. And... if the monsters around you are constantly in stasis because you liberally ground stomping, it's not like they're shooting you anyhow.

In other words, you can be an amazing tank while also being a huge asset to your team. I'm of the opinion it's better to stun a swarm of level 150 enemies for 8 seconds than be a bigger bullet sponge. If you follow the Umbral build below, your Iron Skin will be plenty beefy -- and you'll be STOMPING AROUND like a cat that doesn't wear kitten mittens!

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Dahbadu posted:

Here's a non-primed newer player build: https://goo.gl/j8LDHV

All those mods are relatively easy to get. Probably Fleeting Expertise is the most expensive.

Feel free to try replacing Fleeting Expertise/Flow with Stretch. But I'm a big fan of [Primed] Flow + 70% efficiency on most of my frames, because I like to liberally use my Warframe powers.

Here's the thing about Rhino that many people don't realize: Rhino is a great support frame. 8 second hard CC plus a 30% multiplicative damage buff is bonkers. Iron skin is great and all, but it gets to a point where you don't need bazillion iron skin. Just refresh it once in a while with Iron Shrapnel, and you're good. And... if the monsters around you are constantly in stasis because you liberally ground stomping, it's not like they're shooting you anyhow.

Don't level Iron Shrapnel. There's really no reason for it - I can't think of a case where I've used it for damage. 5 drain vs 3 drain is not huge but still a waste.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

Don't level Iron Shrapnel. There's really no reason for it - I can't think of a case where I've used it for damage. 5 drain vs 3 drain is not huge but still a waste.

That's actually a pretty drat good point!

OK, here's my final Rhino build: https://goo.gl/EQEZdb

Extra range version: https://goo.gl/UwBK18

It's new player friendly (granted, you have to complete the Sacrifice quest) and doesn't require primed mods.

Edit: I'm actually pretty excited to try this out. Looks like I have a project this weekend.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 24, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dahbadu posted:

It's new player friendly (granted, you have to complete the Sacrifice quest) and doesn't require primed mods.

Edit: I'm actually pretty excited to try this out. Looks like I have a project this weekend.

Level 10 mods aren't new player friendly, those are 38k endo each, no?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Dahbadu posted:

Here's the thing about Rhino that many people don't realize: Rhino is a great support frame. 8 second hard CC plus a 30% multiplicative damage buff is bonkers. Iron skin is great and all, but it gets to a point where you don't need bazillion iron skin.

I get Rhino is just..[awesome]

Tei fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 24, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hobbesmaster posted:

About that, probably more actually. I remember being told when I started that when you're new you basically don't need them to be any higher than rank 6 then just rank them up further once you're over the initial endo hump.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, start at rank 6, then when you're sitting on some endo go for 8. When you're just cruising through the game you'll eventually get everything to 10 if you play long enough, but it's not remotely needed, and r9 and r10 is 75% of the cost.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

You don't have to max the mods. It's just a goal for what to build for. It's not gonna kill you to rank it up to 7 or so.

njsykora posted:

About that, probably more actually. I remember being told when I started that when you're new you basically don't need them to be any higher than rank 6 then just rank them up further once you're over the initial endo hump.

Yeah, this.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Well I certainly didn’t expect our resident Death Cult being based around worshipping an autistic Tenno banished from the rest of the group because proto-Lotus Margulis thought he was too annoying, or something. I’m sure his portrayal is highly problematic and insensitive, but eh. It was a cool quest.

I found Clem on the roof :3:

I can’t do the follow up quest for another week,other than the prologue, but gently caress me im not going to get used to the “Hey Kiddo” thing, especially since my Operator has glowing electric blue eyes that shine in the dark. And gently caress THIS KEITH THOMPSON-DESIGNED, TOGA-WEARING, YAOI-HANDED, MOM-STEALING HOMEWRECKER.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Well I certainly didn’t expect our resident Death Cult being based around worshipping an autistic Tenno banished from the rest of the group because proto-Lotus Margulis thought he was too annoying, or something. I’m sure his portrayal is highly problematic and insensitive, but eh. It was a cool quest.

I found Clem on the roof :3:

I can’t do the follow up quest for another week,other than the prologue, but gently caress me im not going to get used to the “Hey Kiddo” thing, especially since my Operator has glowing electric blue eyes that shine in the dark. And gently caress THIS KEITH THOMPSON-DESIGNED, TOGA-WEARING, YAOI-HANDED, MOM-STEALING HOMEWRECKER.

If we're doing spoiler questions, I have one after the sacrifice: If the warframes are people that were infected then what exactly are we doing in our foundries?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Helter Skelter posted:

Still glad I never gave in to the "gotta make this sweeper good" brain worms.

want to buy this deconstructor riven? :v:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

*remove mask* I play Warframe on the PS4, and I will not play the new frame today... or even soonish.

Please guys have fun with the new frame, debug it, so when we get it, is on a fun state.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

If we're doing spoiler questions, I have one after the sacrifice: If the warframes are people that were infected then what exactly are we doing in our foundries?

That probably just applies to the "umbral" versions of frames... perhaps somehow these were special people and special versions of these frames that were infected / grafted onto folks? :effort:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tei posted:

*remove mask* I play Warframe on the PS4, and I will not play the new frame today... or even soonish.

Please guys have fun with the new frame, debug it, so when we get it, is on a fun state.

this is a pretty good outlook to have, actually

makes me think some of the bittervets should switch to ps4 so they can look on the bright side too!

i am personally 100% ready to find out just how bugged as gently caress the new frame and quest is, and that's okay with me. gonna shoot neon lasers from my fingers at all times.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Cloning and incubation.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Psion posted:

want to buy this deconstructor riven? :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

that's a lot of plat and kuva in a tiny image

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tei posted:

I don't think you were here when Khora came out, but that's exactly what happened with her. She came out, PC players pointed out a bunch of stuff that was stupid or counterproductive, DE said 'fair enough' and fixed the build before it ever hit PS4.

Flytrap posted:

Sadly I'm on PS4, whiiiiich I just noticed the console players now have their own thread. I should probably get in on that thread.
Even PS4 has a super nice clan / alliance that will just straight up give you mods. Don't be afraid to ask, and you'll have more luck at weekends because more people are on.

The console thread is really just a backup for when we want to avoid spoilers or for matchmaking / clan invites / baro inventory, which is different on console (speaking of which, he has Ravage and Primed Point Blank this week, which is awesome following last week's shotgun riven giveaway). Stuff that affects all versions of Warframe should really stay in here.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 24, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone happen to know whether or not Revenant's thralls take friendly damage from teammates or not? I thought maybe they mentioned it in a dev talk and someone here remembered.
Because I have a feeling that it will decide whether or not he's gonna be any fun to use for me.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

:(:hf::(

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Psion posted:

that's a lot of plat and kuva in a tiny image
In fairness, I only bought the slots.

I'm not sure that makes it much better.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

In fairness, I only bought the slots.

I'm not sure that makes it much better.

if you own 90 unrolled rivens that's kind of amazing? I meant "plat for slots, kuva for the billion rerolls"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you're deep into the riven game, ninety is nothing. I've melted / muted rivens that I've spent kuva and endo on, and I'm starting to hit the point where I might need to sacrifice ones actually on forma'd weapons. Every time I get a new riven from a sortie it's like dang Sophie's Choice at the Duggar household.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

:patriot:

Respect.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Psion posted:

if you own 90 unrolled rivens that's kind of amazing? I meant "plat for slots, kuva for the billion rerolls"
31 unranked, 28 of those unrolled. The three rolled but unranked are back-burner projects. Of the ones I've put endo into, most of them have fewer than 10 rolls, and many less than 5.

Do your sorties every day and things just kinda happen.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

OK, so here's my project for the weekend:

Rhino Umbral / Primed Mod build: https://goo.gl/XJ9WDG

Oberon Umbral build: https://goo.gl/fNt7h8

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Here's a Nezha Umbral build to play to accompany the new skin: https://goo.gl/UE73kw

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Dahbadu posted:

OK, so here's my project for the weekend:

Rhino Umbral / Primed Mod build: https://goo.gl/XJ9WDG

Oberon Umbral build: https://goo.gl/fNt7h8

Fleeting Expertise on Oberon? Even running my 3 all the time, you are almost never energy deprived as Oberon. Add more range.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Fleeting Expertise on Oberon? Even running my 3 all the time, you are almost never energy deprived as Oberon. Add more range.

I like to liberally use my 1, recast my 3 for heal bursts, and use my 4 for Space Jam action. i.e. I like to use powers and not worry about energy management.

People can try both, but for my play style, I love 70% efficiency -- especially when I'm not running [Primed] Flow. The +45% range from Stretch is good enough on Oberon in my experience. But that's just me.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What’s the first step to Sentient Core hunting? I’m away for a few days but when I get back I need to do The Sacrifice and I’m worried my lovely Mote Amp won’t cut it since I had enough problems in that last mission with the Red Veil cultists. Do I just find a group on Cetus at night and try my best to contribute with my horrible piddly laser beam? I have no clue how they made it feel so powerful in Second Dream.

Also, What’s the way to actually farm focus? I currently have Z-school lenses on a normal Zephyr and my Hek, since that’s the school you guys told me to specialize in first. I’ve been able to upgrade maybe 2 things in as many weeks, so I’m looking for ways to actually farm this poo poo up. I have a Ignis Wraith and am just finishing a Zephyr Prime. Should I acquire some more Z-Lenses, slap them on those and do.....something where I can kill a pissload of things?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

90 rivens seems insane. How common is that? I have 18 and that's the most out of my friends and we have each racked up hundreds of hours. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to reach if you've been doing the sortie every day for awhile.

Although of those 18 I only have 5 or 6 that I actually use. I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I want to keep 90 rivens.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What’s the first step to Sentient Core hunting? I’m away for a few days but when I get back I need to do The Sacrifice and I’m worried my lovely Mote Amp won’t cut it since I had enough problems in that last mission with the Red Veil cultists. Do I just find a group on Cetus at night and try my best to contribute with my horrible piddly laser beam? I have no clue how they made it feel so powerful in Second Dream.

Also, What’s the way to actually farm focus? I currently have Z-school lenses on a normal Zephyr and my Hek, since that’s the school you guys told me to specialize in first. I’ve been able to upgrade maybe 2 things in as many weeks, so I’m looking for ways to actually farm this poo poo up. I have a Ignis Wraith and am just finishing a Zephyr Prime. Should I acquire some more Z-Lenses, slap them on those and do.....something where I can kill a pissload of things?

If "beat sacrifice" is the goal, I would just do it. Getting that first amp is a loving pain. The Sacrifice amp battle is a 2 minute thing instead of 2 seconds with a mote amp, it's not as bad as this thread makes it out to be.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Either x up for any chilldolons calls in chat or just pick the Teralyst bounty from Konzu at night and pub it. Bring a sniper rifle you've kitted out and Volt, Oberon, Harrow, or Rhino. Firing your amp through Volt's shields will buff its crit stats, Oberon's 2 or Harrow's 4 negate the mag procs after each limb is popped, and Rhino's 3 boosts your damage to pop limbs and I guess Iron Skin would also block mag procs, but not for your teammates. I mean you could bring Chroma too but I'm waiting until Chroma Prime drops to learn him so I'm not gonna give advice on poo poo I know nothing about. Trinity isn't really necessary for just Terry, its damage output never really threatens the lures and you only need two.

Note about chat: "chilldolons" is generally just terries, "dolons" unspecified is probably tridolons which is a much more involved ride.

edit: you're gonna want to re-apply Rhino's Iron Skin riiiiight before the mag waves happen otherwise it's not really gonna prevent a mag proc.

doubledit: apparently lag factors in with the timing of the invulnerability period of Iron Skin? god i dunno

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 24, 2018

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Being new to trading my excess gubbins for plat, would it be worth grabbing a spare Mara Detron for trying to sell in the future?

I would say yes, but that's only because I'm coming up on MR 9 soon and I'm on vacation during baro. Would probably buy it off you when I get back 😬

In game name is Crescendoll99

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Also, What’s the way to actually farm focus?

Elite sanctuary onslaughts with goons. 300k focus in ~30 minutes. Just remember to unequip everything that doesn't have a lens.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Dahbadu posted:

Extra range version: https://goo.gl/UwBK18

That looks fun, being 80 hours in and getting just being finished pluto I feel like this isn't exactly that new player friendly.. I mean my steam list only have like 5 games over 80 hours played out of the 100+ i've played.

But I appreciate the build because I can almost get this done, i just need corrosive projection and one more.

My question, like every scrub noob on here.. is what guns should i be working towards? I'm buying pretty much everything I can off the market for blueprints but I'm not sure what guns are the META guns.

Currently my best weapon is the ATOMOS at MR7, I just equiped the Tetra to start leveling it but not sure how good this is going to be. Didn't like the DRAKGOON very much.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

TipsyMcStagger posted:

That looks fun, being 80 hours in and getting just being finished pluto I feel like this isn't exactly that new player friendly.. I mean my steam list only have like 5 games over 80 hours played out of the 100+ i've played.

But I appreciate the build because I can almost get this done, i just need corrosive projection and one more.

My question, like every scrub noob on here.. is what guns should i be working towards? I'm buying pretty much everything I can off the market for blueprints but I'm not sure what guns are the META guns.

Currently my best weapon is the ATOMOS at MR7, I just equiped the Tetra to start leveling it but not sure how good this is going to be. Didn't like the DRAKGOON very much.

I'll avoid suggesting tradeable weapons you could buy for plat, like the Prisma Tetra, because I got shade for it last time. Honorary mentions off the top of my head.

Shotguns: Kohm, Sobek,
Launcher: Zarr
Rifles: Argonak, Baza, Harpak, Hema, Grinlok
Sniper: Rubico
Bow: Dread, Mutalist Cernos

Secondaries: Sonicor, Hystrix, Stubba, Synoid Gammacor

There's a bunch others, but they require rivens to really shine.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

It's questionable on multiple levels, and describing a 6-forma build as friendly to new players is a stretch. You should ask for Corrosive Projection in chat (people make a point of having spares to hand out) and forma your aura slot to fit it, though. Outside of a few niche situations, it's drastically better than anything else that you can put there.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Dahbadu posted:

I'll avoid suggesting tradeable weapons you could buy for plat, like the Prisma Tetra, because I got shade for it last time. Honorary mentions off the top of my head.

Shotguns: Kohm, Sobek,
Launcher: Zarr
Rifles: Argonak, Baza, Harpak, Hema, Grinlok
Sniper: Rubico
Bow: Dread, Mutalist Cernos

Secondaries: Sonicor, Hystrix, Stubba, Synoid Gammacor

There's a bunch others, but they require rivens to really shine.

Any specific ways you build those weapons? just need the coles notes versions of them. Like basic mods for damage types. Heat + Cold On the Zarr etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

CODChimera posted:

90 rivens seems insane. How common is that? I have 18 and that's the most out of my friends and we have each racked up hundreds of hours. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to reach if you've been doing the sortie every day for awhile.

Although of those 18 I only have 5 or 6 that I actually use. I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I want to keep 90 rivens.

I only have 12 but that is because I didn't know until yesterday you can buy more slots, so I recycled 4-to-1 about 3 times. Even if they were crap rivens, I feel really stupid.