Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Psion posted:

oh, boo

so many of the current batch of field research tasks are really kind of bad, I would've loved that one :v:

Yeah, my walk this morning crossed 9 pokestops.

5 of them were 'Catch 3 Sunkern'.

Saw 2 of the fucker in an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

"Ah, we realize regirock sucks rear end, especially after 2 months of garbage legendaries"

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Level 5 raid *faaart*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah, gonna take the kids on a legendary birb raid tonight

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
For iOS people (especially people with the berry glitch), the update finally rolled out.

Unfortunately now my game crashes at loading. I'm trying a full reinstall now... I've heard some complaints on my local discord as well.

edit: yeah a reinstall works. I guess don't update if you can't spare the time troubleshooting.

crispyseaweed fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 24, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
All these double weak to rock raids are making me happy I got myself 5 smack down Tyranitars.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What the hell is the point to trading when you can only do it with people nearby? :psyduck:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

seiferguy posted:

All these double weak to rock raids are making me happy I got myself 5 smack down Tyranitars.

I feel like golems and Machamp can take down over half the raids

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bogart posted:

What the hell is the point to trading when you can only do it with people nearby? :psyduck:

to keep chinese farm shops out of the game economy.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Can someone explain EX Raids to me? How do you actually get the raid passes? I’ve never gotten one.

I’m really bummed that there’s like no coordination in Westside Albuquerque for raids. The only raids I can do is ones I can duo with my roommate. (Lvl 28 and 27 respectively). We can do tier 3 raids pretty handily, when might we be able to duo tier 4 raids? I assume duoing tier 5 is always going to be impossible, right?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I got an ex raid pass!

It's on a random fuckin monday afternoon, between 1pm and 1.45pm, so I guess I need to take my lunch at 12.45 and hope I get there for 1 on the dot so people don't start, whilst making sure I have enough time to get back to work. All while not getting a chance to eat.

Why, Niantic, isn't it at the weekend, or at the least on the loving bank holiday that's on this Monday, why is it on the 3rd?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
2 months after returning to the game it finally decides to cough up a shiny non-event pokemon.

Of all the possible CPs :rolleyes:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
nice

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Valicious posted:

Can someone explain EX Raids to me? How do you actually get the raid passes? I’ve never gotten one.

I’m really bummed that there’s like no coordination in Westside Albuquerque for raids. The only raids I can do is ones I can duo with my roommate. (Lvl 28 and 27 respectively). We can do tier 3 raids pretty handily, when might we be able to duo tier 4 raids? I assume duoing tier 5 is always going to be impossible, right?

Raid at an eligible gym capable of hosting ex raids. If you don't know where those are and don't have any local pogo groups to tell you where they are, you're kinda SOL unless you just raid at as many different gyms as possible and hope you raid at the right one(s)

IIRC some raid 4s are duoable but you pretty much need to be at max level and have the perfect counters

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Shiny Ho-Oh evaded me despite me raiding so hard on it last time. I can't stand the heartbreak again.

Valicious posted:

Certain gyms will give out EX raid passes to people who raided there. Most often it's a gym that has the most people raid it within an EX pass' rotation. For instance in my town, everyone goes to the biggest park downtown for community days and both of the gyms there are known to give out EX raid passes. If a good raid happens during that time, everyone comes and mobs the gym. Later in the week, it's always guaranteed those who raided those gyms will get an EX raid pass. Certain gyms will never give out EX raid passes because only select gyms will: most of them are gyms in parks or sponsored gyms (Starbucks/Sprint locations).

So find out which gyms in your city are proven to give out EX raid passes, and attempt to raid at those locations when you can and just hope the game gives one to you randomly one day.

For duo raiding level 4s, the only ones that are most likely doable by the average players are Absol, Ursaring, and Tyranitar. They're all relatively easy (Absol being the easiest) because they're weak against fighting type and you can do it if you have a good amount of Machamp or Hariyama. For the current live ones, Alolan Marowak is the hardest and Rhydon behind that (although why would you need a Rhydon). And yes, duo raiding level 5 aka legendaries is impossible.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Traded for a Tropius and a Kangaskhan this week, got an EX raid pass, and caught a shiny Ho-Oh. Something bad is going to happen to me soon.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Oyster posted:

Additionally, if you get the glitch that gives two candies when it rolls over that 5km, it autocompletes. I did both the Espeon and Umbreon 10k walks in 5k that way.

This happened for me when I was carpooling, I didn't check the distance I just went to evolve my buddy. I got a Jolteon and the chance to start over on my 10km.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The iOS update is out. It did not fix the bug on step 2 of the quest :negative:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

crispyseaweed posted:

For iOS people (especially people with the berry glitch), the update finally rolled out.

Unfortunately now my game crashes at loading. I'm trying a full reinstall now... I've heard some complaints on my local discord as well.

edit: yeah a reinstall works. I guess don't update if you can't spare the time troubleshooting.

LOL this happened to me too. Great update!

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

seiferguy posted:

That’s what I thought too. Turns out weather boosted ho oh with solar beam will tear through those ttars like Sherman through Georgia. I hit two in a row like that: yikes!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Two ho-oh today, more the next two days. A good surprise

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Got my first Ho-Oh tonight. A giant group of nerds hanging around a children’s statue at a Jewish community center was quite a sight.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I just started this up again after quitting for about a year. Is it worth tracking down a Pokemon Go Plus or should I wait for the new Pokeball thing in November? I don't have a Switch and don't plan to buy one for at least a year or two.

I mostly just want my iPhone to farm pokeballs for me at work. :3:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
The iOS update is awful. My game barely loads on mobile now and just gives the spinning poke ball in the upper left hand corner when I switch from WiFi to mobile. Missed out on a pupitar cause I couldn’t log back in :argh:

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

BGrifter posted:

So I just started this up again after quitting for about a year. Is it worth tracking down a Pokemon Go Plus or should I wait for the new Pokeball thing in November? I don't have a Switch and don't plan to buy one for at least a year or two.

Just get the Go Plus. The new ball won't do anything different and will probably be harder to carry around.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

BGrifter posted:

The gotcha is cheaper than the plus, and better. If you're gonna get one, get that.

If you get really into the game, you won't wanna wait.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

On the third day of go-tchamas my gotcha gave to me:

More larvitars
Shitloads of gifts
Bunch of loving dust

Go buy a goddamn gotcha

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

PathAsc posted:

On the third day of go-tchamas my gotcha gave to me:

More larvitars
Shitloads of gifts
Bunch of loving dust

Go buy a goddamn gotcha

This is the real reason. Money put into a gotcha goes wayyyy further than anything you can buy in the store. Endless items, plus it generates dust for you.

I blow through regular pokeballs so I try to hoard them now exclusively for my gotcha. If I'm manually throwing, it's a great ball or ultra.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Teeter posted:

This is the real reason. Money put into a gotcha goes wayyyy further than anything you can buy in the store. Endless items, plus it generates dust for you.

I blow through regular pokeballs so I try to hoard them now exclusively for my gotcha. If I'm manually throwing, it's a great ball or ultra.

:same:

I'll use my Go-tcha when I have 200+ Poke Balls in my bag. I'll stop using it when I drop below 50.

Greats and Ultras are all I use for regular throws, unless it's like <100 CP and not a starter.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm sold. $74.30 CAD/$56.98 USD on Amazon.ca looks to be about ten bucks higher than stateside. I'll dig around and see if I can find a deal.

Edit: $50 CAD with $15 shipping on eBay is a little better.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does the gotcha ONLY use regular balls or can you set it to use other ones?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Only red balls. Nothing else

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BGrifter posted:

I'm sold. $74.30 CAD/$56.98 USD on Amazon.ca looks to be about ten bucks higher than stateside. I'll dig around and see if I can find a deal.

Edit: $50 CAD with $15 shipping on eBay is a little better.

Be careful with Amazon, like the other goons have said. There are many sellers that mail both the legit and knockoff ones. Getting one straight from Codejunkies is safer. It's worth full price imo, but to each their own.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Consummate Professional posted:

Only red balls. Nothing else

Yeah, don't wanna blue ball the pokemon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Be careful with Amazon, like the other goons have said. There are many sellers that mail both the legit and knockoff ones. Getting one straight from Codejunkies is safer. It's worth full price imo, but to each their own.

Gonna second this. I got mine straight from the Codejunkies site and I wouldn't want to see fellow Pokegoons get ripped off.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

PathAsc posted:

It even works out cheaper that way! 29.99 GBP = $50.12 CAD right now. Thanks everyone!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Well as I actually give a poo poo about getting Ho-Oh, managed to do my first legendary raid ever and got this guy...

Fookin SWEEEET!!

Ended up doing 9 more but only caught 5 normal ones but will try hunt some more tomorrow

Also while I was looking for a lucky egg I found out I actually got a flippin EX Raid pass that I completely missed, so all in all a good day :D

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 25, 2018

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
What's the deal with Aipom? Why is it so hard to catch? Is it some fan favorite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what is a go-tcha

I googled it but all I really found was places selling it

• Locked thread