Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is worse?
This poll is closed.
Roman using two buddies to beat up BRAUN! in a 3-on-1 beatdown. 3 3.26%
BRAUN! using two buddies to beat up Roman and his two buddies in a 3-on-3 beatdown. 3 3.26%
Kevin Owens missing his best friend Sami Zayn. 22 23.91%
The Bellas being back. 30 32.61%
Corbin/Balor is NOT finished. 34 36.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Roman came out (to massive boos) and said he and BRAUN! had agreed to meet in the ring at 8pm, it was past that now, and if BRAUN! didn't show up then Roman would issue an open challenge to anybody wanting a shot at him. BRAUN! arrived.
  • BRAUN! said Roman talked big but had needed Seth and Dean's help to save him last week, but Roman pointed out that Dean and Seth do what they want and nobody "leads" the SHIELD. Roman called him a "Meatshack" and told him all he does is lift and throw objects, but Roman wins titles, and if he really wants a fight, they can do it for the title right now.
  • BRAUN! declined, saying Seth and Dean would just interfere. So he was cashing in at Hell in a Cell, so it would just be the two of them in the Cell and no excuses.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre came out to talk trash, and Roman and BRAUN! were both more than willing to fight them right then. Baron Corbin came out to calm everything down, confirming the Hell in a Cell match and making Roman/BRAUN! vs Dolph/Drew tonight official.
  • Corbin also announced ANOTHER match against Finn Balor, it went back and forth for way too long AGAIN and then Corbin attacked Balor with a chair to get DQed. He then got on the mic, said as acting GM he forgot to mention the match was No DQ, got in and hit Balor with the chair again and pinned him.
  • That was so loving stupid.
  • A video package aired promoting the Triple H vs. Undertaker match in the big Australia show, with various big names like Ric Flair, Mick Foley and Kevin Nash offering their predictions.
  • Shawn Michaels will be on Raw next week.
  • Apollo Crews and Dana Brooke were talking backstage about how to get her on the Evolution PPV, with Crews suggesting she "tune up" against a jobber tonight. An overly excited Titus O'Neill showed up and explained he had got her a match... against Sasha Banks.
  • Sasha Banks defeated Dana Brooke in a little under 3 minutes.
  • Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins were chatting backstage, and shortly after Jinder Mahal approached Ambrose to try to offer him help in ridding himself of his inner anger. Ambrose visualized brutalizing Jinder and told him to get out of his face.
  • Seth Rollins came to the ring to talk about the SHIELD reunion and his own desire to remain a fighting Intercontinental Champion. Kevin Owens came out to a big pop where he pointed out that Seth had the help of his best friend, while Owens was stuck without the help of HIS best friend Sami Zayn. Owens wanted to win the IC Belt, saying there was nowhere better than Toronto to win it... well, maybe Montreal, Quebec! The crowd booed that as well as his use of French.
  • In what was a shock to nobody, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins had a really good match for the IC Title, with Rollins eventually overcoming Owens to retain his title.
  • BRAUN! approached Baron Corbin and handed over his Money in the Bank briefcase, telling him to bring it to the Hell in a Cell PPV.
  • Owens was still in the ring after a commercial break, sitting in a chair as the crowd chanted for him. Owens took a moment, then declared,"I quit" and walked out.
  • Drew and Ziggler were interviewed backstage by Renee Young about taking their chances to get at Roman and BRAUN!
  • The Revival defeated The B-Team in a (of course) non-title match. Afterwards they got on the mics and said The B-Team were jokes simply holding the belts for them, and they could take it from them at any time.
  • Michael Cole announced that Summerslam will be in Toronto next year. More importantly, so will NXT Takeover.
  • Elias faked out a concert, talking trash about Toronto. Trish Stratus returned and traded barbs with Elias for a little while before she slapped him for saying he didn't date women in their sixties.
  • Nattie defeated Alicia Fox in a quick match, more notable for Trish joining Ronda Rousey at ringside, and Alexa Bliss (who Trish faces at the Evolution PPV) bringing out Mickie James who has her own history with Trish.
  • The Bellas joined Ronda, Trish and Nattie backstage and informed them that they'd been talking with Baron Corbin and were going to be back to being wrestlers, returning to action next week. They all took a selfie together.
  • Steve Austin, Booker T, Big Show and he, yes he, yes D. D. P. were shown talking up Triple H vs. Undertaker in Australia.
  • Baron Corbin was on the phone with Stephanie McMahon, assuring her he would figure out what was going on with Kevin Owens. Bobby Lashley joined him and Corbin told him he has a match coming up, but he'd forgotten the name of his opponent.
  • Lashley came to the ring and Corbin informed him over the Titantron that he actually had TWO opponents: The Ascension.
  • In yet another shock, Bobby Lashley turned out to be easily able to defeat The Ascension in a handicap match.
  • Dean Ambrose took far too long and far too much of an asskicking before hitting the Dirty Deeds and beating Jinder Mahal. Dean looks jacked as hell though and the crowd loves him.
  • BRAUN! confronted Roman backstage, where Roman "It took me 4 years to eke out a distraction finish against Brock Lesnar" Reigns called BRAUN! a guy who couldn't get the job done.
  • Roman/BRAUN! vs Ziggler/Drew went about 10 minutes and then ended in a DQ after Roman managed to tag BRAUN! who then just stood on the apron and did nothing until Drew and Dolph figured they might as well just keep stomping on Roman until the ref called the match off.
  • BRAUN! hauled Roman up, screaming,"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!" and headbutted him a couple of times, then stood back to watch Dolph and Drew assault Roman some more. Dean Ambrose came tearing out but got outnumbered and beaten up too. Seth Rollins came out to a big pop but was also outnumbered, and BRAUN! powerslammed Seth, then Dean and finally Roman to leave all three members of the SHIELD lying.
  • BRAUN! raised Drew and Dolph's arms to end the show.

Smackdown Results:
  • The New Day opened the show to celebrate being 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time tag team champions... and as was only appropriate, they were joined and blessed by KING BOOOOOK-KAAHHHHH
  • Booker dubbed Lord Xavier the Wise, Sir Kofi the Brave and.... BIG E. BIG E wanted to know why he didn't get a title,and Booker calmed them down and welcomed them to the 5 Time Champions club. Xavier carefully removed Booker's crown and he performed a royal spinaroonie. Xavier and Kofi followed suit and then aided BIG E in doing his own.
  • The Bar defeated The Good Brothers and The Colons (back as an active tag team) after Cesaro was able to blind tag in and take advantage to get the pin. The New Day were set up doing commentary at ringside... but we couldn't hear it on television. At the very end of the match, they cut to a picture-in-picture and brought up the audio for New Day commentating, so I guess they commentated on the whole thing but we just... didn't hear it?
  • Paige met with Rusev Day backstage and told them they would be in a triple threat against Sanity and The Usos, and the winner of that match would face The Bar for a shot at the New Day. Rusev Day appear to be completely back on the same page, with Rusev and English best buddies again.
  • Jeff Hardy, with RKO painted on his face, came out to the ring to call out Randy Orton to finish what he started last week. Orton showed up and warned him he wasn't finished with him yet, and insulted Canada. Hardy challenged Orton to a Hell in a Cell match, but Orton just walked away.
  • Renee Young interviewed Carmella and asked if she felt overshadowed by the Charlotte/Becky controversy. Carmella insisted she still got all the attention, and she would regain the title tonight. R-Truth showed up after she left still looking for a match against her to earn a title shot, and Tye Dillinger had to explain again it didn't work that way.
  • Billie Kay defeated Naomi in a singles match, with help from Peyton Royce who kicked Naomi allowing Billie to roll her up and get the pin.
  • Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella came out to the ring and were soon joined by Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega, with Zelina talking up Andrade and Brie as legends and Daniel as somebody who was also there. Bryan reminded everybody he couldn't make a match between himself and Andrade as he was no longer GM, and then signaled to Paige to come out to make the match official. Nothing happened and he said that was embarassing, then Paige showed up out of breath and said she'd run in high heels from the other side of the arena. She made the match official.
  • Almas and Daniel Bryan were having a really entertaining match when Miz showed up to try and distract Bryan. He was able to turn this around and dive onto Miz and put a beating on him, then escape Almas' attempted pin and get Almas into the Yes Lock. Zelina tried to distract the referee but Brie knocked her off the apron, but she got jumped by Maryse from behind. Bryan broke the Yes Lock to check on Brie and got jumped by Miz (the director cut away BEFORE the sneak attack). Maryse held Brie in place for Zelina to attack, Miz hit Bryan with the Skull Crushing Finale and then he and Maryse celebrated to big boos from the crowd who certainly weren't in "bizarro" mode.
  • Charlotte was interviewed backstage where she said she refused to apologize for winning the title, and it was Becky's own fault for not being able to win when she got the chance. She promised to run through Carmella tonight and then give Becky the opportunity she so desperately wanted, just to remove any excuses she might have for her failure.
  • AJ Styles came out as they played a video recap of his recent troubles with Samoa Joe. AJ said as Champion he ran things here, and he was demanding Joe come to the ring right now so he could beat the poo poo out of him. Joe appeared on the Titantron looking very pleased with himself, and called Wendy to tell her he was gonna send AJ home to her, and to save him a plate because he might stop by for the BBQ next week. Joe's delivery was incredible, especially when he asked how "Our little Annie" was doing. A horrified AJ took off to find Joe backstage.
  • AJ rushed backstage but Joe was nowhere to be seen. AJ almost attacked a member of the crew who happened to be nearby and startled him.
  • Charlotte retained her Smackdown Women's Title against Carmella, in a match that was far too long and had Carmella dominate far too much of it. Eventually Charlotte was barely able to eke out a victory using the Figure 8 (Carmella may have held out longer in it than Asuka at Wrestlemania!).
  • Becky jumped Charlotte from behind to a monster pop. She beat the poo poo out of Charlotte, demanded a microphone and grabbed the belt as the crowd went nuts chanting for her. She told Charlotte she was getting her way at Hell in a Cell and taking back her belt.... "you bitch."
  • The show went off the air with Charlotte holding the belt and fuming in the corner as the crowd booed her and chanted for Becky.
  • Becky is a superface. I mean, god drat.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
raw was extremely bad

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
kevn owens only good thing on show

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Turning your monster face heel to a wet fart after having them do a face cash-in to own the libs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next week Braun is going to cut a promo agreeing with Dolph and Becky about millennials being the real heels

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbin posted:

raw was extremely bad

Well that’s your fault.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Reminder: Tomorrow we have a decent possibility of one of the matches on Smackdown being Lana vs Naomi. Because they are feuding on twitter over a loving Beyonce concert. And Paige is threatening to set a match or whatever as a result.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meatshack is a pretty great nickname, ngl.

I enjoyed that Raw until the finish.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm actually shocked WWE is actually this loving dumb and stubborn. Like I know they are, but not to this degree to take their hottest act and turn him heel then saddle him with two guys that aren't over and hit their peaks in wwe 8 years ago

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drew is over and good.

Dolph is a loving drag.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Meatshack is a pretty great nickname, ngl.

I enjoyed that Raw until the finish.

You really don't need to tell us you enjoyed a WWE show, it's implied.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

guys that aren't over and hit their peaks in wwe 8 years ago

This has never once stopped them before with Dolph, and he's gotten a consistent push for a while maybe because of it instead of despite it

He's been my pick for months to be the Jinder of 2019. If he's sent to SD post-Mania, he's winning the WWE title by the third-from-last match of Summerslam, which by rule is the highest an AJ Styles WWE title match on a dual-brand PPV is allowed to be

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

You really don't need to tell us you enjoyed a WWE show, it's implied.

:jerkbag:

And yeah it's a genuine shame there's no better third than Ziggler because Drew is genuinely good and over. It's Dolph that's the anchor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:jerkbag:

And yeah it's a genuine shame there's no better third than Ziggler because Drew is genuinely good and over. It's Dolph that's the anchor.

Imagine BRAUN! Drew and Kevin Owens. It would be so loving good.

Shame there wasn't a storyline recently where Owens was trying to make a team with BRAUN! or anything.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine BRAUN! Drew and Kevin Owens. It would be so loving good.

Shame there wasn't a storyline recently where Owens was trying to make a team with BRAUN! or anything.

Oh my God how did that not hit me?

Now you made me mad that that's not what we're getting! :argh:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Can't be, KO is the number one face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssEuLE1Kzo

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
- Was "workhorses" on Vince's fuckin' word of the day calendar or what?
- I really want Owens quitting to be for real, but I know it's a work. Don't tease me like that, WWE.
- Absolutely gutless, chickenshit writing turning Braun heel again. I don't expect anything else from WWE at this point. I don't really have anything else to add to it. They're cowards, which is the most contemptible thing a writer can be, imo.
- Except for this: WHY DID BRAUN GIVE UP THE BRIEFCASE IF HE KNEW HE WAS TURNING HEEL AN HOUR LATER :laffo: They couldn't turn Braun into a bigger idiot moron jackass if they were trying to.

Aphrodite posted:

Well that’s your fault.

Hey you, Bizarro Land Person, what did Owens say?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 28, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No speak French.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I figured they'd be setting up a heel trios team to take on the Shield but I was really betting on either Dolph/Drew/Owens or Bray/Braun/Harper, though setting up Braun with Dolph at least basically guarantees he'll be booed.

With how many hotshot short title reigns Charlotte's had to add to her total, any chance Reigns loses at HiaC when Bray & Harper lights out/"DEH!" teleport into the cage, help Braun win the belt, and spend the next two months kicking the poo poo out of the Shield so the crowd FINALLY might give Roman a positive reaction when he wins it back at Survivor's Series?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

- Except for this: WHY DID BRAUN GIVE UP THE BRIEFCASE IF HE KNEW HE WAS TURNING HEEL AN HOUR LATER :laffo: They couldn't turn Braun into a bigger idiot moron jackass if they were trying to.

well actually they coudl book him into a series of matches w/ ciampa

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Drew McIntyre is bad and has always been bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Crowd hates the champion, they haven't been heel for years

Crowd loves the challenge, they have been a face for less than a year

WWE Galaxy Brain: Drrr let's turn Braun heel!

KungFu Grip posted:

Drew McIntyre is bad and has always been bad.

Nah, Drew is really loving good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

[*] BRAUN! raised Drew and Dolph's arms to end the show.

lmfao

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
itd be really cool if kevin steen really did quit and was freed from his monkey paw curse and was allowed to actually enjoy wrestling again

actually itd be cool if a lot of wrestlers for wwe did that

or unionized. either way honestly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
at least wwe finally realized the only way to undo braun's overness was to team up with dolph

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, Drew is really loving good.

I've literally never seen anything that proves this since he's returned to WWE

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

shiksa posted:

itd be really cool if kevin steen really did quit and was freed from his monkey paw curse and was allowed to actually enjoy wrestling again

actually itd be cool if a lot of wrestlers for wwe did that

or unionized. either way honestly.

no reason not to hope for both, imo

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What should the team of Braun/Drew/Dolph be called?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

fatherofmustard posted:

Mac, Meatshack, and Caddyshack

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

KungFu Grip posted:

I've literally never seen anything that proves this since he's returned to WWE

He was commenting a match on the indies once and screamed advice to his stable mate.

"Kick him in the nuts, Stu!"

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

fatherofmustard posted:

Super Meatshackboys

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

Roman came out (to massive boos) and said he and BRAUN! had agreed to meet in the ring at 8pm, it was past that now, and if BRAUN! didn't show up then Roman would issue an open challenge to anybody wanting a shot at him. BRAUN! arrived.
BRAUN! said Roman talked big but had needed Seth and Dean's help to save him last week, but Roman pointed out that Dean and Seth do what they want and nobody "leads" the SHIELD. Roman called him a "Meatshack" and told him all he does is lift and throw objects, but Roman wins titles, and if he really wants a fight, they can do it for the title right now.
BRAUN! declined, saying Seth and Dean would just interfere. So he was cashing in at Hell in a Cell, so it would just be the two of them in the Cell and no excuses.
Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre came out to talk trash, and Roman and BRAUN! were both more than willing to fight them right then. Baron Corbin came out to calm everything down, confirming the Hell in a Cell match and making Roman/BRAUN! vs Dolph/Drew tonight official.

This part of the show sounded good because everything made sense. The rest of the show.....not so much

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

Next week Braun is going to cut a promo agreeing with Dolph and Becky about millennials being the real heels
This has nothing to do with RAW or WWE in general but I'm Facebook "friends" with some middle-aged dipshit who is a hack lawyer in Oklahoma and likes to whine and bitch about millennials. I hate him so god drat much

Anyways, I heard Dean wrestled without his shirt on, so that's cool

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I figured they'd be setting up a heel trios team to take on the Shield but I was really betting on either Dolph/Drew/Owens or Bray/Braun/Harper

I was hoping for it too instead of them doing their usual plan for Harper when Rowan's hurt, which is just not use him

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
KO and Neville gonna show up on smackdown and take out the new day. Or worse they take out Rusev day. Or worse they don’t show up. Or worse they take out the Lucha house party.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, that moonsault KO did owned. KO owns. Quit for real, KO.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm actually shocked WWE is actually this loving dumb and stubborn. Like I know they are, but not to this degree to take their hottest act and turn him heel then saddle him with two guys that aren't over and hit their peaks in wwe 8 years ago

But enough about Seth Rollins' heel turn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Hey you, Bizarro Land Person, what did Owens say?

It was “oh now you’re not happy? You were just happy, now you’re mad. Doesn’t bother me, you bought my new t-shirt already anyway”, for the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

No speak French.

• Locked thread