Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not going to really post too many details about it since it would then veer into spoilers, but Toni Storm was injured at the NXT UK Birmingham tapings. She has had to pull out of upcoming shows, including her independent dates. No idea what the injury could be or how bad it is.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

coconono posted:

sure thing, Dave.

Prazak has to have the worst business sense of anyone in wrestling, which is saying something. He's just throwing money away and then complaining his company is struggling.

He's paying thousands and waiting years in order to have printed DVDs, when burning them would cost basically nothing. Would it even cost him a single sale?

His customer base is very small but extremely loyal. How does it then make sense to put only old shows, which they presumably already own, on the streaming service? I could see some buying physical even if you have the streaming site, but the other way around?

And then there's the number of fly-ins who don't draw a dime...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm pretty sure I follow SHIMMER Women on twitter but I very rarely see them tweet show flyers or announcements. I'm more likely to see the women mention that they'll be in Berwyn and people should come hang out(except coco, he stays home).

Meanwhile some dunglebarf indie from Nowheresville PA will blow up my DM if they managed to book Crash Holly's tombstone.

Uncle Prazak, you've been at this forever, how are you so bad at this?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I'd rather see the fly-ins than more of Kevin's RISE girls.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

I'd rather see the fly-ins than more of Kevin's RISE girls.

The question isn't who you'd like to see, the question is how many of them bring in anywhere close to the amount they cost.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

coconono posted:

I'm pretty sure I follow SHIMMER Women on twitter but I very rarely see them tweet show flyers or announcements. I'm more likely to see the women mention that they'll be in Berwyn and people should come hang out(except coco, he stays home).

I attended one show and get mailed a flyer every single time they are running Berwyn. So that's hundreds of dollars being wasted on postage when a tweet would be more successful and no cost. Prazak is bad at business.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Part of me appreciates the old school way SHIMMER/Prazak does business. But yeah, DVD model is not the way to do things in 2018. I feel like if SHIMMER didn't produce such good shows, the company would have died long ago. I still think anyone is a serious fan of women's wrestling needs to experience a SHIMMER weekend at least once.

I do really like the idea of streaming service even if its only the first 61 shows. I love the ability to watch a random SHIMMER show anytime without having to have physical media to put in a player.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh I'm absolutely stoked to be able to watch SHIMMER online. They have a backhistory of absolute bangers of matches I gotta see. I'm not hip to DVDs anymore because I don't have the space and honestly, its wasteful to own a physical thing that I'll only watch maybe 2-3 times.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, but the MYC II Bracketology show will be airing tonight immediately following NXT. So just in case you haven't seen the brackets yet, you will after tonight.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
oops i just saw a video of Oedo Tai's entrance and now i think i'm legally obligated to get into stardom

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Oedo Tai is pretty great. Hana Kimura threw a girl at my seating row and produced a magical umbrella which I had not noticed before to thwap the girl with. After the show, Kagetsu and I struggled to speak each other’s language and Hazuki made fun of her attempt to spell “welcome” on my autograph. I love them.

As for Bracketology, it did it’s service but the fun should start when MYC2 really begins! I was kinda surprised that Meiko Satomura was only 16 when she did that, especially how Tony Schivaone was pretty clear on the broadcast that she was “20!!!” Fun fact: the woman who beat her: Malia Hosaka.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I couldn't get through the Bracketology show.

DDT seems to be running a weekly show or something...that may feature Joshi or will have joshi matches on the show..can anyone confirm one or the other? The latest one really makes me want to see a Aja Kong vs Maki Itoh match soon.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

TV Zombie posted:

I skipped through a lot of it as well. I just wanted to see the match ups and get a quick history highlight on a few I never heard of before. Not interested in WWE's kayfabeness. The stuff they did for Madison/Ashley Rayne was pretty vague and silly but hey at least she got a highlight.

I love how the very first image on the show is a sexual dark silhouette pose and the very first line of narration along with it was something like, "the women's revolution continues." :ughh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

DDT seems to be running a weekly show or something...that may feature Joshi or will have joshi matches on the show..can anyone confirm one or the other? The latest one really makes me want to see a Aja Kong vs Maki Itoh match soon.

DDT's weekly show will usually have Joshi on it, even if it's just Saki Akai. Maki Ito has a bunch of scheduled dates this month as she's in the general election (anyone who goes to a DDT show in the next month or is a member of DDT Universe gets to vote for one individual and one unit, the individual gets a title shot and the unit gets to book their own DDT show), and Meiko had quite a few announced too.

TJPW isn't weekly but there's ateast 2-3 new shows every month and their roster will sometimes appear on Majimanji (mainly Ito or Yamashita)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

DDT's weekly show will usually have Joshi on it, even if it's just Saki Akai. Maki Ito has a bunch of scheduled dates this month as she's in the general election (anyone who goes to a DDT show in the next month or is a member of DDT Universe gets to vote for one individual and one unit, the individual gets a title shot and the unit gets to book their own DDT show), and Meiko had quite a few announced too.

TJPW isn't weekly but there's ateast 2-3 new shows every month and their roster will sometimes appear on Majimanji (mainly Ito or Yamashita)

Majimanji is the weekly show, right? Also, how many units are there?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Majimanji is the weekly show, right? Also, how many units are there?

Majimanji is the weekly show, yes and it rules. It was the show with the four way match to date the bachelor from The Bachelor Japan Season 2 but he ended up choosing Aja Kong instead.

In general, it's Damnation, Renegades, ALL-OUT, Shuten-doji, Disaster Box and the sekigun (with the last two units basically being sekigun too) but in the election Renegades/sekigun aren't represented, Danshoku Dino has his own Compliance faction as the DDT back office or something, MAO and Mike Bailey entered as a tag team and Michael Nakazawa has a joke entry because the last place unit needs to disband.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lynn "Bitch" Byron passed away

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1035239020526268416

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi32EJFhNAk

quote:

Outside of professional wrestling, Ray sings and plays the piano and has composed several songs of her own, which she has performed at special fan gatherings she has thrown.[145][183] On May 31, 2015, Ray took part in NPCJ's Blaze Open bodybuilding competition, where she finished second in the women's athlete category, beating fellow professional wrestlers Command Bolshoi and Meiko Satomura, who finished third and fourth, respectively.[184][185]

On September 26, 2012, Byron helped arrest a sex offender on board the Shōnan-Shinjuku Line train. At around 10:00 a.m. Byron noticed a man "stroking his genitals" in the crowded train, grabbed the man in a wrist lock, got him out of the train and handed him off to the police.[186]

In December 2015, Ray was diagnosed with a brain tumor after going to an MRI following a concussion. She underwent a brain biopsy to determine the nature of the tumor on January 21, 2016.[187][188][189] On February 17, Ray announced that the biopsy had determined that the tumor was a malignant Stage III tumor. Due to the cancer cells being attached to nerves, the tumor was also inoperable.[190][191] Ray then began undergoing radiation therapy until the end of April. She stated that she was planning to return to wrestling at an FMW event on May 5, 2017, a date where Hayabusa was planning to make his return before his death.[192] On May 6, Ray underwent emergency surgery for hydrocephalus.[193]

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That's terrible, she was so talented and she had such a great personality in Tajiri's promotions. She was one of my favorites throughout the early 2010's :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1036313128928038912

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE is bringing in a number of consultants in for WWE Evolution on the Creative end.

I was not invited.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

WWE is bringing in a number of consultants in for WWE Evolution on the Creative end.

I was not invited.

I would say this is good news, but it won't matter anyways when Vince decides to completely rewrite the show 30 minutes before airtime. I hope they do say that running PAST FEMALE WRESTLER vs CURRENT FEMALE WRESTLER isn't a good idea though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

I was not invited.

Look it can't just be a 3 hour Becky Lynch gauntlet match :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Look it can't just be a 3 hour Becky Lynch gauntlet match :v:

In-ring quality would be improved 500000% though

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For reference, lets run down the rumored Evolution card so far. I omitted the MYC Finals and NXT Women's Championship matches because of spoilers (or strongly hinted at spoilers).

- Trish Stratus vs Alexa Bliss

- Naomi vs Melina (rumored)

- Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey

- Brie Bella vs Maryse

Absolutely none of those matches are worthy of me buying a ticket to watch. And the in ring quality across pretty much all of them would be absolutely abysmal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Naomi and Melina talked down a match overnight/this morning.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

For reference, lets run down the rumored Evolution card so far. I omitted the MYC Finals and NXT Women's Championship matches because of spoilers (or strongly hinted at spoilers).

- Brie Bella vs Maryse

Absolutely none of those matches are worthy of me buying a ticket to watch. And the in ring quality across pretty much all of them would be absolutely abysmal.

I'll make a bold statement here: Nikki can probably carry Ronda to a solid match if she doesn't have too much ring rust.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dias posted:

I'll make a bold statement here: Nikki can probably carry Ronda to a solid match if she doesn't have too much ring rust.

That’s not rust that’s powdered vertebrae.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Are they actively trying to turn away all the people like me who joined in 2015-16 thinking they were going to start a serious attempt to showcase women performers by bringing back people who were the very reason we refused to watch that tripe back then?

OR---!

Are they trying to nostalgia pop people whose dopamine receptors long since burned out at the expense of everyone else except the back office who is loving the poo poo out of it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new narrative is that the women were always evolutioning even back then, because people got mad when they came out and said “everything before today was garbage” even though it was.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brie vs Maryse. Are you loving kidding me? This is why I don't watch brainworms wrestling.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Was Maryse ever good at wrestling? I remember her holding a title at one point. I thought her in-ring character was pretty good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Was Maryse ever good at wrestling? I remember her holding a title at one point. I thought her in-ring character was pretty good.

Maryse was never good in the ring.

coconono posted:

Brie vs Maryse. Are you loving kidding me? This is why I don't watch brainworms wrestling.

This is why the only good women's wrestling in WWE is in NXT. Because they don't push the same tired stereotypes (mean girl heel, who also happens to be some shade of blonde). Also they put the focal point on in ring ability than ability to cut the same promo every other week.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stop gatekeeping and bullying in my opinion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

its been a few years since I've seen her work, and she looked hella clumsy. I don't have a lot of faith in WWE's PC to produce homegrown talent or improve on people with bad habits. Even their over acts are incredibly limited in ring control and aggression. Its much more egregious now that average normie fans have been exposed to legit grappling thanks to MMA being everywhere. If your poo poo looks soft the crowds gonna do the chant about stupid poo poo stuff to amuse themselves.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maryse had a good hair flip, which puts her ring work at approximately 20% the quality of that of Kevin Nash.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She had a great entrance theme, which put her ahead of like 80% of the rest of the roster minimum at the time

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

DarkstarIV posted:

- Brie Bella vs Maryse

This is an embarrassingly poo poo card considering the talent they have available.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

a bitchin jetski posted:

This is an embarrassingly poo poo card considering the talent they have available.

Like the last three matches are rumored, but Dave is pretty adamant that Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey is happening at Evolution, and Maryse vs Brie Bella is what is currently being planned as the next step for the Daniel Bryan vs The Miz feud after Hell in a Cell apparently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I didn't really expect a SHIMMER card gone big league but I'm not sure I expected something that looks like an E! special either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
The Bellas, Trish and Melina have no business being there.

It's the first all womens PPV in WWE so you bring in a bunch of retired/semi-retired people to bury the current talent? No wonder the thing is barely shifting tickets. No one watching WWE for the womens matches in 2018 wants to see that.