Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think it was some dumb "we're not in kansas anymore" jab

but yeah theres no fuckin way to confuse "storm" with "diesel truck pulling a bouncy as gently caress trailer with poo poo not tied down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still confused as to who's actually the good trucker or if it's some state of mind in morgantown

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still confused as to who's actually the good trucker or if it's some state of mind in morgantown

So I guess there used to be/are good truckers. Who leave supplies along the highways. The two people found one of these trucks, and stole it from the driver, leaving them behind. So, now they have a truck of supplies and are just driving around I guess, reading the notes the original trucker had kept. They have no plan but to wander from Texas to Mississippi in a night I guess. I mean when presented with a hypothetical settlement thousands of miles away they just jump at the chance to make an insane arduous journey to a place they know nothing about. So, whatever they had going on locally was pretty unimportant.

When Morgan spoke on the radio the first time, the woman there seemed pretty normal. And then they showed the crazy lady at the end, who might have been the same person? Maybe crazy lady was one of the Supply Truckers? Maybe she took over a Supply Trucker station? Maybe she's actually unrelated to any of what had been going on?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah the only thing that threw me off was that she wrote the "take what you need" stuff on the zombie's face

And I know I'm totally a Dorie but if I was Morgan I would just become king of the truck stop with running water and electricity

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also, the truckers wanted to make beer and didn't know how to, but knew all the supplies to take to make beer? But didn't have the recipes?

How the hell are they keeping the truck stops safe?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

moist turtleneck posted:

Also, the truckers wanted to make beer and didn't know how to, but knew all the supplies to take to make beer? But didn't have the recipes?

How the hell are they keeping the truck stops safe?

The two "truckers" we meet, aren't the ones establishing the supply drops. This episode was so pointless convoluted.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Beer brewer guy seemed okay. But Jesus, nobody has a semblance of a coherent plan/characterization this ep.

The first two or three eps of this season were cool, but god drat this show’s poo poo the bed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That guy said he lived in the brewery for how long? It's been atleast a year right?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

That guy said he lived in the brewery for how long? It's been atleast a year right?

They time jumped, it's up to TWD, which is at least like 3 years now right?

That was another boring as gently caress generic southern forest monologue show.

I really miss season 3. This has just turned into The Walking Dead: Morgan Goes From Good To Bad To Clear x200

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
For a minute I thought this was going to be Morgan walks the apocalypse, which sounds pretty good. Then James Cole shows up as a beer nerd and I don't know what to think. Everyone but the beer nerd has too complicated motives.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barreft posted:

They time jumped, it's up to TWD, which is at least like 3 years now right?

I think it’s been like 2 and change, but who knows by this point.

I missed part of the episode, did Mr. Beer say he was hiding in the brewery the entire apocalypse?

I guess if it was a big enough brewery and he was all alone, he could survive off water, hops and barley and other beer ingredients for a good while.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I never got to be rich before zombocalypse, but I sure hope these heartless grifters make my dreams come true!

Yeah, they may have left me for dead in a field but I'm the only one that makes an IPA that tastes like rear end!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Are there no scenes even worthy of a funny gif?

Cause drat, this show really fell off, then

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This season broke my brain

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Basically they went from unique environments back to loving Georgia. Boooooring.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

wormil posted:

For a minute I thought this was going to be Morgan walks the apocalypse, which sounds pretty good. Then James Cole shows up as a beer nerd and I don't know what to think. Everyone but the beer nerd has too complicated motives.

i dunno if it was intended but yeah he looks like the actual beer nerd in this twitter thread

https://twitter.com/alexqarbuckle/status/828436788016459776

https://twitter.com/alexqarbuckle/status/828464651168014336

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

moist turtleneck posted:

why wouldnt morgan tell them where the settlement is? Does he really think these two could take out Murder Rick and Gang?

He was more than happy to take proper psychos like Alicia and Nick back there, these honest grifters who are trying to survive in a non murderous way just wouldn't fit in.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh god is it gonna turn out that the wheelchair grifter can actually walk

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptr2QMxGK_Y

this plays a lot differently when you know they're grifters and the wheelchair dude doesnt know anything about trucking

I still don't understand why they gave Morgan supplies to go to texas. Were they just a couple miles away following Morgan about to jack him?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

oh god is it gonna turn out that the wheelchair grifter can actually walk

My question was how/why he kept getting in and out of the truck.

Not once did they show it (unless it was during the part that I missed)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not saying he could do this, but I guess it would be possible if you are a badass

scoot body to floor of cab, throw wheel chair down, shimmy down truck into wheel chair

I assume getting back in would require some handles

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Well, teleporting zombies were alive at some point

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I rewatched the trailer and at least we know they get to have fun again eventually

poo poo alicia might be a zombie back there

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Wow, like Edward Furlong will be on the show too

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

brocked posted:

Wow, like Edward Furlong will be on the show too

Wait, what?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Meant to say "looks like," I think it's actually the reporter lady on the left side

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Skipping all the posts to say that I really liked the John Dorie episode I just finished. The part where she says she lost her child was really well done and conveyed so much without actually saying anything. No long explanation or story was needed during the scene and I especially liked how they never talked about it again. The only thing that wasn't clear to me was how long did she stay with him and how far in the past did that whole thing take place?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Skipping all the posts to say that I really liked the John Dorie episode I just finished. The part where she says she lost her child was really well done and conveyed so much without actually saying anything. No long explanation or story was needed during the scene and I especially liked how they never talked about it again. The only thing that wasn't clear to me was how long did she stay with him and how far in the past did that whole thing take place?

I think that's the best ep this season judging from the reactions to the rest of it :rip:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dorie ep was absolutely the best episode and gave me hope for the season

But then ol Gimple rode in...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Johnny Truant posted:

I think that's the best ep this season judging from the reactions to the rest of it :rip:

Seriously I don't understand why they're doing Walking Dead 2.0 when they had arguably one of the best seasons of the Walking Dead franchise with FTWDs3, and they now have Garrett Dillahunt and an interesting back story annnnnnnnnd lets watch Morgan monologue for another 3 hours.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

But then ol Gimple rode in...

Yup, if we needed absolute proof that whatever he lays hours hands on just turns to utter poo poo, this is it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My favorite gimplening is still back in the day when Michonne made the plot last for three more eps because she wouldn't do anything more than scowl

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

dorie as the angel, troy as... well, troy... sitting on the reaver queen's shoulders

what we could have had...

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

jfood posted:

dorie as the angel, troy as... well, troy... sitting on the reaver queen's shoulders

what we could have had...

Aside from all the other interesting characters introduced in the second half of S3 that vanished, like Walker and Lee/Crazy Dog, Proctor John, his doctor Eddie, Alicia's new friend Diana, the vendor in El Bazar Maria Lu (who sneak disses people in Chinese), etc...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol holy poo poo yeah they just axed the hell out of some potentially interesting stories for...this

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

moist turtleneck posted:

lol holy poo poo yeah they just axed the hell out of some potentially interesting stories for...this
Season 4 did start airing around the same time Infinity War came out. Thanos had to balance.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I just watched the last episode and it was total poo poo

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Acacia REI posted:

Aside from all the other interesting characters introduced in the second half of S3 that vanished, like Walker and Lee/Crazy Dog, Proctor John, his doctor Eddie, Alicia's new friend Diana, the vendor in El Bazar Maria Lu (who sneak disses people in Chinese), etc...

All those people died when they blew up the dam!

Hey, that zombie that got crushed by that truck just gave up and was waiting to die! Can we get a gif of that terrible shot?

The teleporting black lady!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 3, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just tuned into halfway into a rerun and there's no fuckin way an f150 couldn't outmaneuver/out accelerate that swat van

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why in the gently caress was the walkie talkie so far away from Al

• Locked thread