Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

So dominating blow - melee splash - multistrike - minion damage - melee phys - (accuracy maybe ?)

I think dom blow is a namelock skill so its gonna feel bad without ancestral call. Maybe sub multistrike out for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Have any of the big streamer men/theorycrafters opined on builds for deep delves? I wanna try going something that isn't a super clearspeed build, but I'm unsure what's gonna be good. Maybe summoners?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ORB TOTEM

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
A fun thing that I'm surprised I didn't see in the patch notes: I expected to see them rewording the Elementalist node so that it only reduces the reservation cost of the elemental heralds.

Looks like I might be running a quad-herald BV Elementalist to start :getin: It's full conversion BV, but with free goons!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

euphronius posted:

So dominating blow - melee splash - multistrike - minion damage - melee phys - (accuracy maybe ?)

It'll probably be better to replace Minion Damage with someone that will help your front end in addition to the summons

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

MMF Freeway posted:

I think dom blow is a namelock skill so its gonna feel bad without ancestral call. Maybe sub multistrike out for that.

Yeah, that's my issue with single target attacks. They feel so clunky and can get you in trouble. Ancestral Call will save your rear end. So right now I'm planning on using it.

However, in terms of sheet DPS, it's a huge hit because the minions get the less damage multiplier and none of the benefits. So maybe Splash is better... but that's what experimentation is for.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

The patch notes does say

quote:

The auto-targeting done by single-target melee attacks such as Heavy Strike or Molten Strike (ie. any attack that requires "namelocking") now targets enemies within a wider area, based on the total range of your attack. The width of this targeting area grows by 1 unit per 3 units of melee range. This should make it much easier to target enemies with these skills.

so maybe it will feel a bit better

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Traxis posted:

The patch notes does say

so maybe it will feel a bit better

OK, so it looks like I'll probably be running with Melee Splash over Ancestral Call!

I'm legit considering adding https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Warlord%27s_Reach as a jewel. Every little bit of range helps.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 29, 2018

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Be aware that Chober Cairn is going to be in the very low 400 pdps range for a high roll. It's not going to be a particularly strong weapon to actually hit enemies with yourself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Herald of Purity minions need supports too. Ahh.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

With no Inpulsa nerf nor any changes to BV I guess I'm going to go with the tri-herald elementalist. Might even be quad herald at this point, if the Herald of Purity is a thing that works with it - and it looks like it should. I'm not sure how big the Vaal Souls Lockout nerf is for the vaal side of BV, probably not significant. Also, it's going to be more difficult to get Quality Vaal gems this league, but I think that'll be fine for the most part.

The only worry I have is whether or not BV will play nicely with however the Delve mechanics work out. It looks like the little minecart moves at a pretty good clip, and once the build really gets rolling the Inpulsa explosions should be able to cover it, but having to be in melee range might be a downer. I made the mistake of playing Reave during Incursion and that was suuuuuper annoying.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Guy said he spent around 15k exalts worth of currency to finish it off.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Bugsy posted:

what in the *gently caress*?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
If I wanted to play the tankiest motherfucker on the planet, who never gets one-shot or otherwise dies without seeing it coming, would that be Gladiator or Juggernaut?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Juggernaut. Its pretty simple to make yourself immune to physical damage

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Bugsy posted:

How does this have three white sockets without being corrupted? :psyduck:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

The Herald of Purity minions need supports too. Ahh.

Coming calamity hybrid guardian? CI maybe? It's got decent ES

TheRat fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 29, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Bestiary recipe

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Bestiary let you put 3 white sockets on an item for a bunch of albino rhoas.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Elswyyr posted:

Have any of the big streamer men/theorycrafters opined on builds for deep delves? I wanna try going something that isn't a super clearspeed build, but I'm unsure what's gonna be good. Maybe summoners?

Seems like a lot of them are planning to do Caustic Arrow but I'm not sure if that's to start and build up currency or to actually delve with.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Papercut posted:

Are you gonna do a starter to fund your pp build? Or just go straight to it?

I think I'm doing a standard arc totem build to start until I can afford the 2 pens, at least. I figure arc totems will be fine either for farming lab or maps or delve, whatever catches my attention.
Probably a starter. I did this warchief champion last league, and it should be even better now with the vaal version.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960538/page/1

Don't get me wrong, it is a pretty lovely mapper, but it safely does uberlab on a shoestring budget. All you really need is a kondo's pride, bloodgrip, perseverance, and a random 5L str base chest. Those things all get pretty cheap pretty fast. I used the build to fund my PP inpulsamentalist last league.

I'll probably farm for a week or so before seeing how the meta shakes out, and decide on my real build then.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Elswyyr posted:

I don't think anyone really knows enough about deep delves to say what will be good yet aside from extremely broad generalizations.

Speaking of which, how do people feel about the state of Blade Vortex? It's been on my 'to-play' list for a while and triple herald seems entertaining.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bugsy posted:

Even in Standard 15k Exalts is ~10000usd, neat

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Ixjuvin posted:

I don't think anyone really knows enough about deep delves to say what will be good yet aside from extremely broad generalizations.

Speaking of which, how do people feel about the state of Blade Vortex? It's been on my 'to-play' list for a while and triple herald seems entertaining.

BV has been slowly shrinking in max stack size while more or less keeping its damage potential. It's still a solid option with its own inherent quirks (skill effect duration = QoL, pause and go play style, semi-melee in nature) and is even easier to max out than before.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

BV is really good and strong as of 3.3, cutting it down to 10 stacks makes it way way way more fun to play. If quad-herald is a thing I can do, I'm probably going to start with it again, and it was my most-played in Incursion.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So it turns out that at least for an Occultist it's not worth it to get the minion damage nodes in witch/templar/scion and it's better to just go over to Shadow/Ranger as you always have.

It does however open up the possibility of maybe some sort of bow-based Templar build that doesn't have to path all the way over to the right side of the tree to get bow damage. Perhaps a Doomfletch Inquisitor, as the generic damage would apply to everything.

In any case, I've worked up a pretty ok Caustic Arrow Occultist that I'm *probably* going to start with. 250-270% ES on the tree, get double or triple curses. Endgame I'll run Despair (free from neck), Temporal Chains, Discipline, and Herald of Purity. If I get a CoH glove corrupt, then I'll get the third curse and switch to Blasphemy Enfeeble.

I'm going to largely be focused on generic chaos damage, so I can run basically any type of bow. I'm thinking I might at least try to focus on DoT damage and use a Darkscorn for my single target but we'll see. There's a good possibility for doing a weapon swap setup, with the following gems:

Caustic Arrow - Vicious Attacks - Void Manipulation - Decay - Swift Affliction - Damage on Full Life
Caustic Arrow - Vicious Attacks - Void Manipulation - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Mirage Archer - Added Chaos Damage

Should be exciting.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Gonna go CA too and I'm not sure I see the logic in added chaos for the clear setup. Seems like pierce could work better there assuming you're not getting pierce anywhere else. I guess I don't know how well mirage archer will utilize it with a ground targeted skill though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm getting pierce on the tree, at least currently. Since I'll be a CA Occultist I will be using Soul Strike for my quiver. Which maybe for endgame I'll have one corrupted with Point Blank.

Might not even need a different setup depending on how it plays out with stacking, I'm just doing it on the assumption that it doesn't stack well.

The real pitfall that I can see with my plan is that I need a very high amount of green sockets on an ES/AR chest, unless I put it on my bow. I'm planning on doing Incandescent Heart for my chest.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its kinda funny that I've only seen buzz for CA and not for the other two actually new toxic arrow skills. They definitely don't look all that good

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Whats the best way to do a bow character as a league starter? I tried it last league and failed out miserably around level 30. Go for stormcloud right away and then save up enough chaos for a tempest?

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

Vasudus posted:

So it turns out that at least for an Occultist it's not worth it to get the minion damage nodes in witch/templar/scion and it's better to just go over to Shadow/Ranger as you always have.

Doesn't that depend on herald of agony scaling? Or have they already provided info on how the herald damage is calculated somewhere?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

theshim posted:

BV is really good and strong as of 3.3, cutting it down to 10 stacks makes it way way way more fun to play. If quad-herald is a thing I can do, I'm probably going to start with it again, and it was my most-played in Incursion.

Oh yeah, I somehow almost forgot about the two new Heralds :psyduck:

I wonder if the chaos one will be able to edge out one of the elementals. Having a scorpion buddy seems neat.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Its kinda funny that I've only seen buzz for CA and not for the other two actually new toxic arrow skills. They definitely don't look all that good

Scourge Arrow looks mechanically trash.

Depending on the numbers, I think Toxic Rain might be decent. Even if the damage is bad it might be worth having in a 4L for a CA build to clear trash/slow stuff.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

ist posted:

Doesn't that depend on herald of agony scaling? Or have they already provided info on how the herald damage is calculated somewhere?

I've discounted it for the time being because it depends on poison stacking to maintain Virulence, which my current plan doesn't really get and having it unsupported is probably meh. If I wasn't doing a CI build then maybe. I have a feeling that Agony is going to have to be one of those wait and see skills.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

Oh yeah, I somehow almost forgot about the two new Heralds :psyduck:

I wonder if the chaos one will be able to edge out one of the elementals. Having a scorpion buddy seems neat.
Not for ele BV, but if you actually run it for poison it'd probably be a nice extra chunk of damage.

Really, we just need to see how the scorpion scales!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lechtansi posted:

Whats the best way to do a bow character as a league starter? I tried it last league and failed out miserably around level 30. Go for stormcloud right away and then save up enough chaos for a tempest?

level with sunder :v:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCrOKZbrEY

g'day diggyz here

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Purity adds flat phys, for everyone who's been wondering

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
So I take it those minion bonuses on herald are global?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

this is the worse than 1c dump tabs