Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Jack Trades posted:

Is DMCV supposed to be set before or after DMC2? I'm assuming after? Because of that bike.

Hobo-Dante leads to speculation that he literally fought his way through hell and back, so my guess is post DMC2, because that just seems much cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Is DMCV supposed to be set before or after DMC2? I'm assuming after? Because of that bike.

If I had to guess, they'll probably sort of imply it but never actually acknowledge the existence of DMC2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Third playable char is gonna be Lucia.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, time for mentally unwell uncle Dante to reconnect with the world by doing what he loves most, dunking on his nephew

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Nice to know that the DMC timeline doesn't end with the game in which Dante acts completely out of character and fights some doofus that no one cares about.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Monaghan posted:

Nice to know that the DMC timeline doesn't end with the game in which Dante acts completely out of character and fights some doofus that no one cares about.

Monaghan posted:

some doofus that no one cares about.

Monaghan posted:

some doofus

I'll have you know he was going to be KEEEEEEENNG of thisworld!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Dante is going to be saved by Lucia and he's gonna take a minute before he remembers who she is. Her combat will involve a lot of ninja flips, curved blade slashes and aerial flash.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'll be honest, it's really improbable but if third character is Lucia I'll be really happy.

I also want to see middle-aged Lady kicking rear end and taking names. Possibly with an apprentice in tow.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

The third character is gonna be Gene from God Hand.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the 3rd character will be Terry Bogard

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The third player is your own OC ala Sonic Forces

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Including the soulless, blank, doll eyes

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Please help, I have all this vengeance swelling inside me and I don't know what to do with it all

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Songbearer posted:

Please help, I have all this vengeance swelling inside me and I don't know what to do with it all

Let it out gotta let it out

You could also try playing Metal Gear REvengeance.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Controversial opinion but I kind of hope the third guy is just a whole new guy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope it's a cool gamer gurl.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The V stands for Viewtiful

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:awesome:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

a cartoon duck posted:

Controversial opinion but I kind of hope the third guy is just a whole new guy.

Dante canonically never fucks while Vergil has dozens, maybe hundreds, of illegitimate children.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Dante canonically never fucks

Although he definitely knows how to sensually treat a pizza, that's for sure.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Which motorcycle gang movie is the motorcycle gonna be named after

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pomp posted:

Which motorcycle gang movie is the motorcycle gonna be named after

Dante's an old man now so WILD HOGS

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Given motorcycles have only one headlight I'm thinking it's gonna be called Polyphemus or possibly another obscure Cyclops name.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OH gently caress.
I just realized something.
Is Dante riding on that one demon from the god drat anime?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
PAX just had a DMC5 panel, they showed off the other 3 Devil Breaker arms. Tomboy, which powers up Blue Rose to shoot flaming cannon shots and boosts the Red Queen's Exceed gauge super fast, Helter Skelter which is a big drill arm that powers up the more you mash the devil breaker button, and a 3rd arm whose name I forget that's a giant whip arm that slices and grabs enemies.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gallery and Training Mode are also confirmed

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

PAX just had a DMC5 panel, they showed off the other 3 Devil Breaker arms. Tomboy, which powers up Blue Rose to shoot flaming cannon shots and boosts the Red Queen's Exceed gauge super fast, Helter Skelter which is a big drill arm that powers up the more you mash the devil breaker button, and a 3rd arm whose name I forget that's a giant whip arm that slices and grabs enemies.

Rawhide, the whip arm was Rawhide. Notable is that the grab aspect of it was the Breaker move, the big gently caress off break the arm move.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

They said they were gonna show all the arms, but they didn't show the buster arm. It's not like it's a secret, it's in the trailer and that image of Nero with all the arms

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is dante going to be here

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Training Mode

Hell yes

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Devil May Cry's director knows what cool looks like: https://i.imgtc.com/is9pnns.gif

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Billzasilver posted:

Dante canonically never fucks while Vergil has dozens, maybe hundreds, of illegitimate children.

In my heart of hearts, I want a game that's just Dante and Nero roadtripping around searching out Vergil's bastards for...I dunno, plot reasons.- You could have a huge roster of characters with different manifestations of Vergil's power, and most importantly, providing Uncle Dante endless opportunities to be a smug dick.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Devil May Cry's director knows what cool looks like: https://i.imgtc.com/is9pnns.gif

Itsuno sure does.

https://gfycat.com/ClosedImpartialIvorybilledwoodpecker

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

:allears: this is a treat

CharlestonJew posted:

MadHat posted:

Rawhide, the whip arm was Rawhide. Notable is that the grab aspect of it was the Breaker move, the big gently caress off break the arm move.
Do we have a name for the timestop Devil Breaker? Or for that Crossbow/skateboard one? All these sound very cool and different, can't wait for some footage.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kikas posted:

Do we have a name for the timestop Devil Breaker? Or for that Crossbow/skateboard one? All these sound very cool and different, can't wait for some footage.

Ragtime for the timestop breaker, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kikas posted:

Time stop is Ragtime. I'm not sure which other one you mean.

The names of all the devil breakers are Ouverture, Gerbera, Ragtime, Tomboy, Helter Skelter, Rawhide, Punch Line and Buster Arm.

I wasn't able to find it again, but there was a gameplay video from some japanese guy that was the same stuff as in the Gamsecom demo, but during the boss fight he had Buster Arm, which is where I saw the name. I kinda thought it'd be something like Devilbringer 2.0.