Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The latest 5 SOS:es I've been responding to have been tempered assignments, and people are just horrible, they rush in and get carted in like 2-3 minutes, is this just me having bad luck or is this the pub group experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tempered stuff early on can be hit or miss but once you get to Tier 2 and elder dragons Ive never played with a bad group, people are just vicious and you see chinese people who are HR150 and crap.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Finally got a group to take Tiesto down over the weekend. Surprisingly fast takedown too. One more elder to go. There aren’t really enough optional quests in the Rotten Vale. Gonna have to some expeditions.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That’s an amazing autocorrect and I will not change it.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

In Training posted:

Tempered stuff early on can be hit or miss but once you get to Tier 2 and elder dragons Ive never played with a bad group, people are just vicious and you see chinese people who are HR150 and crap.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, because people just keep wiping like crazy, Mostly HR 50-ish, like me, but at least I have a bunch of defensive stuff, so even when I'm doing poorly, at least I spend the fight drinking potions and camping at the health booster, not being carted.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just picked up the hunting horn and been the party's paladin for a bunch of SOS's. it feels great buffing everyone and healing them or popping wind negate on kushala. the damage is a bit less than the hammer's but its still very good

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Horn's awesome, but the hammer's breaking power is just too good imo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don’t think you can augment armor til HR 50, so anyone below that or just barely in that range is going to be really squishy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

just picked up the hunting horn and been the party's paladin for a bunch of SOS's. it feels great buffing everyone and healing them or popping wind negate on kushala. the damage is a bit less than the hammer's but its still very good

Hunting horn is my favourite.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I gave up on sword and shield and went back to the gunlance (which is what I mained on PS4), This time I'm gonna try long and wide shelling styles instead of wrecking everything with burst.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just picked up the gunlance after using DB and LS for ages and it's probably my favorite weapon now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know theres skills specifically for this but I just hate the low movespeed and having to sheathe and unsheathe constantly with the lances

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love Big Bang too much to switch from hammer.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I keep going back to the chargeblade and its convoluted nonsense because nailing a fully charged power attack is incredibly satisfying.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
This game is really good

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Having trouble capturing an anjanath though. I can't set a trap in its nest and when I get it in a trap elsewhere the tranquilizer bombs won't put it down.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I put the trap outside its nest and then attack it and run behind the trap so when it retaliates, it gets trapped. If it is left sleeping too long, it will recover its health enough to go over the tranq-able threshold.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don’t wait for them to sleep, I just check their pulse in the lower left and if it’s basically a flat line, i start tranq-ing. After 2 or 3 tranqs i just set a trap right at their feet and usually they’re beat up enough to get the cap.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

tao of lmao posted:

I don’t wait for them to sleep, I just check their pulse in the lower left and if it’s basically a flat line, i start tranq-ing. After 2 or 3 tranqs i just set a trap right at their feet and usually they’re beat up enough to get the cap.

Okay thanks I'll try that instead

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s not fool proof but it works well enough I won’t go back to “traditional” trapping methods.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My major monhun complaint is that there are 14 weapons including two things that turn into axes but there isn't just a loving axe weapon. I wanna swing around an axe like a loving lumberjack without having to charge it up first or turn it into a sword.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

My major monhun complaint is that there are 14 weapons including two things that turn into axes but there isn't just a loving axe weapon. I wanna swing around an axe like a loving lumberjack without having to charge it up first or turn it into a sword.

there are some hammers that look like axes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

there are some hammers that look like axes.

This is true. There are also hunting horns that look like axes such as the zinogre electric guitar. I also am following like four threads that are talking about monhun and got this confused with one of the ones that aren't about world so I apologize to you all

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Most of the greatsword models in world are basically axes. Not a fan personally

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only bad thing about the hunting horn is how lovely the models are. Half of them are Bone Horns with a bit of the monsters rear end stapled to it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you stop randos just joining your quests? I’m tired of dummies jumping in on quests I wanna do by myself.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The only bad thing about the hunting horn is how lovely the models are. Half of them are Bone Horns with a bit of the monsters rear end stapled to it.

this is every weapon in mhw, it sucks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How do you stop randos just joining your quests? I’m tired of dummies jumping in on quests I wanna do by myself.

Just set it to a private room or max players 1.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can also set a password when you post the quest.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah I just posted without even trying to figure out. When I played on ps4 I had garbage internet so I was always in lobbies by myself without interference.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't stop playing this still

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The event quests where they have 5 monsters spawned in as targets are fun bc they all die in 3 seconds each to the end game builds

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Just go to options and change auto accept to manual. You can see their HR and weapon and pick and choose who you want or just ignore it if you want to solo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I went back to hunting horn because it’s legit the best weapon in the game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I went back to hunting horn because it’s legit the best weapon in the game.

:hai:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i never played any of the monster hunter series before and picked up mhw a few weeks ago.

i have a lot of hours in it at this point, even though i dont really know what im supposed to do.

im at the rotten vale, and so far i've only used 2 weapon types so far: the charge blade and the great blade.

love it when the egg carrying idiot bird walks into my traps i have set up for an anjanath

are any of the other weapons any good? should i be blocking, ever? i just roll dodge everything and cut their tails off.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oh yeah and what the hell are these tailriding vouchers for? or the first wyvern prints?

who is the guy who gave me dash juice by the rope thing in the coral highlands?

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i never played any of the monster hunter series before and picked up mhw a few weeks ago.

i have a lot of hours in it at this point, even though i dont really know what im supposed to do.

im at the rotten vale, and so far i've only used 2 weapon types so far: the charge blade and the great blade.

love it when the egg carrying idiot bird walks into my traps i have set up for an anjanath

are any of the other weapons any good? should i be blocking, ever? i just roll dodge everything and cut their tails off.

insect glaive is fun because you get to jump around in the air for like 40 seconds at a time; hammer is really simple and elegant smashing and crunching parts of the enemy, and it can launch allies to mount enemies, and its good at getting KO damage to stun the monster; heavy bowgun is like having a railgun and a sticky grenade launcher, and a poison dart and a healgun all in one and requires some positional strategy and is cool, i'm sure theres some other cool things. blocking is ok, but only beneficial in a few cases, dodging owns and you can make your dodges cover more distance and have a longer invulnerability period with equipment if thats your thing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
gently caress how do i kill the diablos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Learn how to roll when he pops up. There’s a split second of immunity. You can also do the Superman dive thing which has a longer immunity.