Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Almost certainly doing totems, but undecided on the spell. I'll probably try a few and see what works well in delves before deciding.

There's Arc obviously, and GC has all the lovely phys as added ele scaling. What about Ball Lightning? On paper it looks like it would do a shitton of damage to bosses with Slower Projectiles, but how does it feel to use in practice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

If I wanted to do a 6L agony crawler build I would do it as a necromancer probably. Get all that delicious minion related goodness. Use Tshot or barrage with the 80% poison chance you get with agony and poison support. If all you're trying to do is keep up virulence you don't need 100% poison or accuracy.
I kinda feel like you wouldn't really be doing much yourself in that kind of build. I'm thinking more a powerful poison character with the new added bonus of a souped-up minion, rather than a summoner character.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Trying to figure out a good starter for Delve. It's only my second league - in Incursion I did a ST slayer, PP LW/Arc elementalist, then a tri-herald BV in flashback, so I want to stay away from Slayer and elementalist. It actually kind of annoys me that inpulsa / BV wasn't nerfed because the triherald BV was great and I'd definitely do it for Delve if I hadn't just done it.

Seems like a lot of you are going for Arc Totems. Is the build actually fun to play? Alternatively, I was thinking about trying something like a Vaal Double Strike Champion, but is that build suitable for a league starter?

I'd also be interested in trying out some of the new stuff they added. I know people are talking about stuff like Herald of Agony and Smite being pretty good - has anyone theorycrafted some solid builds for those yet?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

Seems like a lot of you are going for Arc Totems. Is the build actually fun to play?

no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqGcQUUgJK8

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Looking over all my old build ideas, the nerf to cluster traps and Shimmeron leaves Dark Pact totems Hierophant as the strongest thing I've got under current patch notes, and I wouldn't have to buy too many overpriced uniques for it. I'd love to try the new melee summoner templar archetype, but name-locking still seems too gross for me unless the new range changes improve it enough.

If pre-league guild invites are happening, I could use one on character name Decipula. New leagues aren't as fun without a guild chat. :(

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

ThePineapple posted:

Seems like a lot of you are going for Arc Totems. Is the build actually fun to play?

I think totems are a love-them-or-hate-them kind of thing. I love them cause I like being able to stand way the hell away from enemies and blow them up with as little engagement as possible.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

I kinda feel like you wouldn't really be doing much yourself in that kind of build. I'm thinking more a powerful poison character with the new added bonus of a souped-up minion, rather than a summoner character.

You're going to want minion accuracy nodes at least.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

Trying to figure out a good starter for Delve. It's only my second league - in Incursion I did a ST slayer, PP LW/Arc elementalist, then a tri-herald BV in flashback, so I want to stay away from Slayer and elementalist. It actually kind of annoys me that inpulsa / BV wasn't nerfed because the triherald BV was great and I'd definitely do it for Delve if I hadn't just done it.

Seems like a lot of you are going for Arc Totems. Is the build actually fun to play? Alternatively, I was thinking about trying something like a Vaal Double Strike Champion, but is that build suitable for a league starter?

I'd also be interested in trying out some of the new stuff they added. I know people are talking about stuff like Herald of Agony and Smite being pretty good - has anyone theorycrafted some solid builds for those yet?

Mathil did Vaal Double Strike Champion as his league starter for incursion. He has a ton of videos on his channel of his progress.

Everyone seems to be making builds for Caustic Arrow, Herald of Agony, and Ancestral Warchief totem. Ancestral Warchief seems like it's going to be pretty cheap and easy. Zizaran made a facebreaker variant and Octavian made a variant that uses a weapon.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The only good totem is siege ballista

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

atziris disfavor may be cheap now so maybe consider that for a AW build. Then you can wear Kaoms chest.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'm hoping to have fun with some CWDT-OoS shenanigans.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ehhhh think I’m going to just roll arc trap again. Gear should be cheaper this league. I’ll prob regret it once I start mapping.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
What do y'all think about Scion, Necro/Assassin for an agony poison build? Too much of a stretch? Pathfinder quill rain might be good enough for getting a huge stack. Also, Pathfinder

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I'm an idiot and will make totem scourge arrow work somehow

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Getting a huge Virulence stack shouldn't be that hard. Making a poison build that can have any real survivability without MoM would be the challenge.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I was thinking of making an uber lab runner for my first character and try to make some currency while the Guardian builds kind of shake out. What's the go to for that? Sunder Gladiator?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nerox posted:

I was thinking of making an uber lab runner for my first character and try to make some currency while the Guardian builds kind of shake out. What's the go to for that? Sunder Gladiator?

Probably jugger cleave with ahns might

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So is the consensus that EHit went from insane to merely great? I'd like to try it this league I think. That tanky scion build linked earlier seemed like it would be ok for delves. Maybe level with new caustic arrow (or more likely arc lol)? Is anyone else planning on doing this?

Also preemptive guild invite this time :shobon: character name Wandsday.

I was watching TheUberElite last night and he was going on and on about how the EH nerf wasn't going to matter at all, basically. That it was a 25% damage nerf to a build that can already melt everything in the game even with cheap gear.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Getting a huge Virulence stack shouldn't be that hard. Making a poison build that can have any real survivability without MoM would be the challenge.
survivability is for cowards

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I think I want to try voltaxic scourge arrow once they fix it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Want to do smite with minions because that kind of character archetype is extremely my poo poo but also wanted to see if I could actually figure out a tree (mostly) on my own. How does this look? https://pastebin.com/8T2we1S3

Not sure where to go with the last 4 ascendancy points. Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith? Also not too sure if those AoE/Area Damage nodes would be worth it either

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

Going to plug my Ability Comparison spreadsheet again for people looking for skills to build around for the new league. Updated for 3.4 (as best I can) and some new toys to play with.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Elemental hit just feels unsatisfying to use with a bow. It's like it's missing a sound effect.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

captain innocuous posted:

Elemental hit just feels unsatisfying to use with a bow. It's like it's missing a sound effect.

Thats what pyre is for, makes everything explode!

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Another build that is probably super starter friendly is maurader chieftan blade vortex + avatar of fire. I'm not gonna do that, because I wanna try out the new poo poo.

Mathil made a build around it and it seemed relatively cheap and easy to scale. Not to mention pretty tanky.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So is the consensus that EHit went from insane to merely great? I'd like to try it this league I think. That tanky scion build linked earlier seemed like it would be ok for delves. Maybe level with new caustic arrow (or more likely arc lol)? Is anyone else planning on doing this?

Also preemptive guild invite this time :shobon: character name Wandsday.

I made an ele hit MF character in incursion, I had +220% movement speed taking all the movement speed nodes on the tree and barely any damage ones, my gear was mostly item quantity uniques, after spending a while farming burial chambers, I did a T16 map and it didn't matter, all the packs still got one-shot and I killed Minotaur with some dodging.

The nerf is 33% less damage (going from 300% of base damage to 200% base damage), 33% less from insane damage is still incredible damage.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Dahbadu posted:

Another build that is probably super starter friendly is maurader chieftan blade vortex + avatar of fire. I'm not gonna do that, because I wanna try out the new poo poo.

Mathil made a build around it and it seemed relatively cheap and easy to scale. Not to mention pretty tanky.

I ran one in flashback, it's strong as hell on the cheapest of gear. Easy to upgrade with stat sticks, loreweave, etc.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Already have planned out my CA pathfinder core and paths I'm going to take based on how it plays out. Gonna end up with plenty of health nodes, the question will be is it better to trade off a little health for more evade nd that sort of spot checking is going to be very far away given that its basically the last nodes anyways.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Zmej posted:

I'm an idiot and will make totem scourge arrow work somehow

Here's a tip, because the skirmish is a 1 alc unique, its fairly easy to corrupt one with +1 arrow or chain corruption. You just need to gather 50 vaal orbs, 50 alcs and go and buy them all and corrupt them.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Red Red Blue posted:

Want to do smite with minions because that kind of character archetype is extremely my poo poo but also wanted to see if I could actually figure out a tree (mostly) on my own. How does this look? https://pastebin.com/8T2we1S3

Not sure where to go with the last 4 ascendancy points. Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith? Also not too sure if those AoE/Area Damage nodes would be worth it either

https://pastebin.com/cGmeEuQp

Improved your pathing a bit, and picked up some more jewel sockets. Got to take those 1 and 2 pointers. 4% less life and a little less regen. My guess would be Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith as well for the last 4. I think you will need to play around with the area stuff to make sure, but those could be easy cuts.

I think you want to go full conversion with phys to lightning and then use a stat stick in your off hand as smite uses main hand only. Wrath and then herald of purity to get your minions then?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Applebee123 posted:

Here's a tip, because the skirmish is a 1 alc unique, its fairly easy to corrupt one with +1 arrow or chain corruption. You just need to gather 50 vaal orbs, 50 alcs and go and buy them all and corrupt them.

Those corruptions are il80+, all possible candidates are prob already bought and corrupted.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I'm tempted to just do another elehit trapper, since it let me do more content in incursion than I've ever done before. Even with the nerfs it should be viable, but I have nagging doubts.

Otherwise it's a coin flip between BV occultist and RF guardian.

I need something that's tanky (because I'm bad at the game) but also with enough damage for endgame. I know builds like that tend to be expensive but I play enough that it shouldn't be an issue. I've really enjoyed CI/ES builds, so having that as an option would be a bonus.

Please help me choose something I won't regret later. :v:

Edit: I'd do arc totems but it looks like it's going to be very popular.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 30, 2018

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

ubachung posted:

I'm tempted to just do another elehit trapper, since it let me do more content in incursion than I've ever done before. Even with the nerfs it should be viable, but I have nagging doubts.

Otherwise it's a coin flip between BV occultist and RF guardian.

I need something that's tanky (because I'm bad at the game) but also with enough damage for endgame. I know builds like that tend to be expensive but I play enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

Please help me choose something I won't regret later. :v:

Edit: I'd do arc totems but it looks like it's going to be very popular.

I'd recommend trying out BV first to see if you can enjoy how it plays, especially in the start the windup time on getting stacks and being able to keep them drives people nuts on the first play thru

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Yeah I've seen a few negative reactions to BV, that sounds like good advice. Guess I'll try doing a quick run-through of a few acts before the new league starts.

theshim
May 1, 2012

ubachung posted:

Yeah I've seen a few negative reactions to BV, that sounds like good advice. Guess I'll try doing a quick run-through of a few acts before the new league starts.
Note that BV feels at its worst early on, before you get some extra duration and damage supports, and feels much better later in the character.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
if you don't like BV occultist I recommend incinerate

theshim
May 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1035299422731554817

gloves of hitting very fast

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's real fast.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Probably gonna jump back into Delve after a few seasons of not playing -- are there any fun/cool new builds (both starter and otherwise) that didn't exist a couple years ago that are worth checking out, or is everything still for the most part the same? I've played most of the basic starter builds before and a fair amount of the old flavor of the month things from seasons past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
For the other siege ballista fans here:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Riskay/iHumpDeadGirls?i=0&search=skill%3DSiege-Ballista

Dexterity 1941