Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

moty: shani vs faby apache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WMOTYC: Lady Shani vs Faby Apache

Overbooked nonsense wasted on a match that would of been great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nth the WMOTY, if the overbooking were good, fine, but the BDSM Bull had to re-enter the ring just to get clotheslined out of it and then La Parka got lost on the dive because he sucks.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

and then La Parka got lost on the dive because he sucks.
Loved when he was puzzled whether he was supposed to pull Shani off Faby or attack Taurus.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

HM: La Mascara, Rey Escorpion and Texano Jr. vs. Joe Lider, Murder Clown and Pagano in a Street Fight, Triplemania

Great hardcore/death match brawl. Pagano and Lider have been in lovely matches all year, Murder Clown sucks too, but this was GREAT. Just a dumb crazy brawl.

3rding the HM.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

No way, if the ladder match with 90 second spot set-ups gets MOTYC, then this is MOTYC too

MOTYC: La Mascara, Rey Escorpion and Texano Jr. vs. Joe Lider, Murder Clown and Pagano in a Street Fight, Triplemania

This had a dude having to climb the ropes to get clotheslined over them. The ladder match was the peak of stunt wrestling ladder matches. Absolutely nuts. This was not the peak of death match wrestling, or even just hard core wrestling. It was merely a good version of both that overachieved. You are going to knock the ladder match for set ups when this had a flaming table that was set up about 30 seconds before the opponent even wandered into the area and the spot itself didn't look very good?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

A AAA show with a HM and MOTYC with only 2 WMOTY has to be a record for modern AAA right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

A AAA show with a HM and MOTYC with only 2 WMOTY has to be a record for modern AAA right?

It was the best Triplemania in years even if it wasn't that good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Two DDT/TJPW recommendations

HM: HARASHIMA/Yukio Sakaguchi - King of DDT Quarter Finals (8/24)

HM: Miyu Yamashita (c)/Yuu - TJPW Princess of Princess Championship (TJPW Brand New Wrestling 2 - 8/24)

If you like mat grappling and kick murders interspersed with each other then seek out these matches

While I'm at it might as well throw in

MOTYC - WALTER/Jordan Devlin (c) - OTT Championship (Wrestlerama 4 - 8/18)

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Buddy Murphy vs Kallisto - 205 Live - 8/28
Buddy Murphy continues to churn out matches that make 205 Live worth watching. Helped that the last two weeks the crowds have stuck around and decided to care about the matches in the ring.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Price Check posted:

Buddy Murphy continues to churn out matches that make 205 Live worth watching. Helped that the last two weeks the crowds have stuck around and decided to care about the matches in the ring.

My jaw dropped when they got a 205! chant out of the audience. That crowd has been dead for like two years until lately, and some of the recent have been stellar. Second for this.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HM: Colt Cabana v MJF - AAW Destination Chicago 8/30

The Colt and MJF Family Drama Part 2, and it was glorious

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hm bandido & flamita vs penta el 0 m & rey fenix AAW Destination Chicago 8/30

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

KungFu Grip posted:

Second. I think I lost my voice.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Price Check posted:

I’ll third this. Hoping he takes the belt in melbourne

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

HM: Colt Cabana v MJF - AAW Destination Chicago 8/30

The Colt and MJF Family Drama Part 2, and it was glorious

KungFu Grip posted:

second
also ACH vs Jeff Cobb is worth a mention. probably best cobb match i've ever seen. ACH is the best

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Accident Underwater posted:

My jaw dropped when they got a 205! chant out of the audience. That crowd has been dead for like two years until lately, and some of the recent have been stellar.
Yeah, that chant surprised me, too. Good to see people start caring about these performances on 205 Live.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Accident Underwater posted:

My jaw dropped when they got a 205! chant out of the audience. That crowd has been dead for like two years until lately, and some of the recent have been stellar. Second for this.

Almost every one on one 205 main event (and some of the tags) has woken the crowd up and gotten "this is awesome" chants but this was the first "205" I've heard. It really speaks to the ability of the performers as they have no TV exposure and are put in the "wait for the dark main event" death slot.

But yeah that was really good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: LA Park/Volador Jr/Diamante Azul vs Rush/Naito/Bushi 8/31 CMLL

Hot match, kind of a flat finish, not nearly as creative as your average Park/Rush gently caress finish.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Hot match, kind of a flat finish, not nearly as creative as your average Park/Rush gently caress finish.

Agreed and also Bushi had the best bits in the match too!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

3rd

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

honestly I'd give Hangman Page vs Joey Janela at ALL IN a HM nod, it was a ton of fun to watch, total nonsense

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edit wrong thread

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The Berzerker posted:

honestly I'd give Hangman Page vs Joey Janela at ALL IN a HM nod, it was a ton of fun to watch, total nonsense

2nd. Fav match of the night so far. Made both dudes look great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC Kenny vs Penta, All In

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

NienNunb posted:

:emptyquote: :yeah:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Thirded

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: Pentagon vs Kenny Omega, All In
drat what a match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Pentagon vs Kenny Omega, All In
drat what a match

Yep

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Not that it needs it, but I’m here for Omega/Penta as MOTYC.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM Okada vs Marty, All In

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

NienNunb posted:

second ez

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Thirding

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I sort of want to drop a HM on the pre-show battle royale, bit it's not a HM quality match by the usual standards. It was fun, though, and really stands out from the what Battle Royales usually are by being more like a Royal Rumble with its spots.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ill hm it i loved that royal. perfectly booked, clowned on all six rumbles this year

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm only here to tag Omega/Pentagon as a MOTYC. A shame that the show went on long as the main event was gaining momentum, wanted to see the 7 Star Meltzer Driver from the Golden Trio.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Agreeing with Omega/Pentagon as a MOTYC and Okada vs Marty Scurll as an HM. That Omega/Pentagon match was loving incredible.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Adding in my 2 cents for All In:

HM - OTB Battle Royal
MOTYC - Kenny vs Pentagon
HM - Okada vs Scurll

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm still going through All In (was moving while it happened) so HM to Janela vs Page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM to Mysterio/Bandido/Fenix vs Bucks & Ibushi. I thought more people would have nominated that but i guess not.