Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Rinkles posted:

Some individual bits of dialog aren't great. That part where you're forced to sit through a speech felt like it came from another game.

On the other hand, it does get you just as irritated as Doomguy is portrayed regarding the whole ordeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Decrepus posted:

How did one demo cause so much brain-damage?

It didnt cause it, it made those with the brain-damage self out.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I know this game lets you put knives in your arms, but can I also put them in my legs, my eyes, and my agender penis?

to clarify i mean they extend and retract from those body parts and i kill people with them

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

DisDisDis posted:

to clarify i mean they extend and retract from those body parts and i kill people with them

That's kind of like rape and I find it disturbing that you want to be a rapist in this dystopian future where there is a full gender spectrum fully integrated into the gameplay experience.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
:yikes:

e;

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 31, 2018

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Seriously this game is not about your stabby knife-penis party NOW GET ON THE NONBINARY CISGENDERFLUID NONRAPEY INCLUSION ZONE BUS and let's talk unisex colognes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Like the writers at cdpr, you're trying too hard

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Seriously this game is not about your stabby knife-penis party NOW GET ON THE NONBINARY CISGENDERFLUID NONRAPEY INCLUSION ZONE BUS and let's talk unisex colognes

Freakin comedy gold!!! XD

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Sorry, its about gender now.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

i want to pick robot as my gender and be a robot and every dialogue option is just "beep"

and then i shoot someone's legs off when they misgender me

goty all years

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

In CYberpunk 2077 I want to be a robot car and get nonconsensually impounded by cyberpunk future dystopia corporate thugs and as they disassemble me looking for stolen corptech and toss my discarded parts into the blast furnace I want to shout OH MY GOD DID YOU JUST CONSUME MY FENDER

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

goodness the concept of nonbinary genders really does break people's mind doesn't it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

In CYberpunk 2077 I want to be a robot car and get nonconsensually impounded by cyberpunk future dystopia corporate thugs and as they disassemble me looking for stolen corptech and toss my discarded parts into the blast furnace I want to shout OH MY GOD DID YOU JUST CONSUME MY FENDER

Nice meltdown

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my man have you ever read a cyberpunk novel, or even any book at all.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
:gas:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

my man have you ever read a cyberpunk novel, or even any book at all.

Right now is as good a time as any to watch the 1995 Ghost in the Shell film, imo

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Looking up some screenshot on the 2077 website and I found this particularly hilarious.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I guess most people missed the fact that, by naming the character the gender-neutral "V" and using that in place of most pronouns, they have already side-stepped the issue. :shrug:

I am honestly wondering how much of this is a vertical slice. It would be pretty irregular for CDPR to slap something like that together, I just assumed that the ~WORK IN PROGRESS~ stencil was them being shell-shocked from the Witcher E3 video that they took so much flak over.

I suppose we won't really know until they let the media get their hands on it...I can't remember: did press get to play it yet, or have they only watched devs so far?

Alchenar posted:

The guy in charge of the twitter account is a social media intern not a dev you unemployed goon

:lol: if you don't know that every tweet is personally written by Mr. Projekt himself. :colbert:

I'll also just leave this here if anyone needs it:

:siren: In case of multiple poo poo-posts: quote this post and remove above the dotted line. :siren:

--------------------------8<--------------------------

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I hope they bring back those sexy collector-cards from Witcher 1 and people lose their minds so hard the world implodes.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

I want to be in a cyberpunk world WITH magic where I can be an enby droid wizard named The Great Andro-Genie but the gaming industry still has a lot of systemic non-progressive hangups with that kind of thing

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yeah, i also long for a world where people disrespect me based on gender, like all people do.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
you know it's fair to criticize CDPR for the attack helicopter tweet or w/e it was but I don't think we're giving them enough credit for turning this guy's brain into soup with some kind of weaponized radio ray broadcasting "ENBY CYBORG" over and over again

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Forget about the fictional cyber future dystopia

This thread is a present day one.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Looking up some screenshot on the 2077 website and I found this particularly hilarious.

e; wait a minute, guy on the left is wearing a blue shirt, gold arm and armed with a magshot. Typical New Conglomerate aiming ability.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

DisDisDis posted:

e; wait a minute, guy on the left is wearing a blue shirt, gold arm and armed with a magshot. Typical New Conglomerate aiming ability.

At least he's vaguely pointing at the enemy (presumably)

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I hope they bring back those sexy collector-cards from Witcher 1 and people lose their minds so hard the world implodes.

As long as they are sexy gender neutral collector-cards

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I want to be in a cyberpunk world WITH magic where I can be an enby droid wizard named The Great Andro-Genie but the gaming industry still has a lot of systemic non-progressive hangups with that kind of thing

Cross your fingers for a Shadowrun game

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

THANK YOU. WHY NOT DONE?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I hope in the game I don't have to leave my apartment and can instead use my cyberware to post first year gender studies grade stuff on the internet

Trizzdog
May 5, 2014
Original Proprietor of Space Dank

DisDisDis posted:

<funny picture of guys who can't aim>

You know how smart phones destroyed our ability to type properly? Smart guns destroyed their ability to aim properly.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Trizzdog posted:

You know how smart phones destroyed our ability to type properly? Smart guns destroyed their ability to aim properly.

I'd unironically applaud if I found this explanation in the game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wild hunt but it's the very mean and grumpy paramedics

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I hope in the game I don't have to leave my apartment and can instead use my cyberware to post first year gender studies grade stuff on the internet

Give me an exampl of what first year gender studies stuff you'd post and I'll try to tell you if its feasible to do in the Witcher 3 engine

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DisDisDis posted:

clearly the other guy is preparing his shot in case his target activates his Cyber Butt module to shoot himself up from his chair

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

gender! ha ha ha! gender!! [dancing around and cackling like a demonic elf as you clutch your head in agony at the concept]

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in a shocking move unmatched since raiden in MGS2, cyberpunk 2077 takes place in a world with NO gender or pronouns. players can enjoy unnecessarily long sentences and the knowledge that they're not technically respecting trans people.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This thread continues to spiral further and further into madness, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

DisDisDis posted:

I know this game lets you put knives in your arms, but can I also put them in my legs, my eyes, and my agender penis?

I know for a fact that the temptation to put knives in your eyes after reading this thread is strong and possible in real life too