Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Yep, this sure looks like a company that's on the verge off losing their talent to WWE.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/mlw-signs-several-new-talents-deals/

Jason Cade, Aria Blake, Jimmy Yuta, Rhett Giddins and the Dirty Blondes tag team, Leo Brien and Michael Patrick, have all signed with MLW. The deals do not prohibit them from working for other independent wrestling groups but does require them to make MLW dates their priority. The deals also stop WWE from trying to sign them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who are those folks?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

of*

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Speaking of this, I've got a GA ticket for this that I can't use, if anyone wants ($0) it. (I'll sell it to someone on Twitter if a goon doesn't)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1034268749694689281

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Are we gonna have a separate thread for All In and Starcast?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Never understood why this ROH show has been talked about so much in the indie thread, so hope so

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Deathlove posted:

Speaking of this, I've got a GA ticket for this that I can't use, if anyone wants ($0) it. (I'll sell it to someone on Twitter if a goon doesn't)

I sent you a PM. I have friends that are going to be in Chicago for All In and were wanting to go!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Didn’t see an All In thread, so I’ll just post this here: https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1034615524812972033?s=21

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Now I'm confused. Are we supposed to talk about ALL IN here, in the ROH thread or in the New Japan thread? :confused:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Sub Rosa posted:

Never understood why this ROH show has been talked about so much in the indie thread, so hope so

Pentagon is an ROH guy now? Dang, I expected Nick Aldis, but not this!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Roque11 posted:

Yep, this sure looks like a company that's on the verge off losing their talent to WWE.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/mlw-signs-several-new-talents-deals/

Jason Cade, Aria Blake, Jimmy Yuta, Rhett Giddins and the Dirty Blondes tag team, Leo Brien and Michael Patrick, have all signed with MLW. The deals do not prohibit them from working for other independent wrestling groups but does require them to make MLW dates their priority. The deals also stop WWE from trying to sign them.

Not that this is a bad thing, but when people are talking about WWE raiding, they're talking about people like Riddle, Strickland, Pentagon and Fenix.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aria Blake is a staunch warrior against the evils of Scientology and she deserves all the money.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RealFoxy posted:

He really is the best parts of EC3 and Drew Gulak rolled into one.
He's got a good voice too for being an rear end in a top hat rich heel

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm getting into MJF and he really does feel like the EC3 gimmick improved. Not that EC3 isn't good at what he does but there always felt something off about it, which might just be that he had a past in wrestling so it was like buying that Savio Vega is a sultan. But MJF feels "pure". He really just is an entitled rich rear end in a top hat to me, and he's pretty good at it.

edit: Upon double checking I have realized that Rikishi/Fatu was The Sultan and Savio Vega was Kwang. I am deeply ashamed and embarrassed. It also kind of undermines the point I was trying to make in an unfortunate manner.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 29, 2018

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm getting into MJF and he really does feel like the EC3 gimmick improved. Not that EC3 isn't good at what he does but there always felt something off about it, which might just be that he had a past in wrestling so it was like buying that Savio Vega is a sultan. But MJF feels "pure". He really just is an entitled rich rear end in a top hat to me, and he's pretty good at it.

I always feel like EC3 secretly wants me to like him, which isn't the case with MJF. That dude revels in people booing him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It helps that while EC3 looks like an 80s action hero most of the time, MJF looks like you compressed a high school lacrosse team into one guy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It also helps that he's not just playing rich. He's playing rich wasp. "If you hit me with a blunt object I'm calling the cops" is some loving amazing heeling.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It also helps that he's not just playing rich. He's playing rich wasp. "If you hit me with a blunt object I'm calling the cops" is some loving amazing heeling.

Draxion posted:

It helps that while EC3 looks like an 80s action hero most of the time, MJF looks like you compressed a high school lacrosse team into one guy.

Lumbermouth posted:

I always feel like EC3 secretly wants me to like him, which isn't the case with MJF. That dude revels in people booing him.

You pretty much encapsulated why I liked MJF the moment I first saw him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wrestling needs more snitch characters

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Chris James 2 posted:

A wrestler in a D.A.R.E. shirt, cheers or boos?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jack Anderson posted:

A wrestler in a D.A.R.E. shirt, cheers or boos?

Punk used to wear them all the time for heat

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJF called me tubby and poor on Twitter :(

(part of the reason I love him and his work so much)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MJF is probably the best part of MLW and I'm more than happy to jump on the hype train with y'all

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you have any idea what WASP stands for? Or MJF for that matter?

I don't think I'm stepping out on a limb for saying a guy called Friedman is not an Anglo Saxon Protestant...

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a state of mind and income and his character is there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If $25 sounds more doable to you than $40 for All In, the Cultaholic boys are offering a $15 credit to FITE TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbrbuRQTUA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

For the first time ever, tonight's event at the Logan Square Auditorium will be live streamed on the Highspots Wrestling Network. Sign up now, only $9.99. highspotswrestlingnetwork.com

AAW Pro Wrestling
presents
Destination Chicago

Thursday, August 30, 2018
Logan Sqaure Auditorium
2539 N Kedzie
Chicago, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors open 6:30pm
All Ages Event

Tickets are SOLD OUT

Featuring:

AAW Tag Team Championship Match
Besties in the World vs. David Starr/Eddie Kingston

AAW Heritage Championship Match
Trevor Lee vs. Ace Romero

Rey Fenix/PENTA EL 0M vs. Flamita/Bandido

GRUDGE MATCH
Sami Callihan/Jessicka Havok vs. Jimmy Jacobs/ Brody King

OI4K vs. Curt Stallion/Jake Something

Laredo Kid vs. DJZ vs. Myron Reed

Colt Cabana vs. MJF

Plus:
AAW Heavyweight Champion: ACH
Scarlett Bordeaux
Stephen Wolf
PACO
Jeff Cobb

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 30, 2018

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

VJeff posted:

If $25 sounds more doable to you than $40 for All In, the Cultaholic boys are offering a $15 credit to FITE TV.

So is everyone with a FITE account. It’s their standard affiliate deal. Your link is available within the app.

Here’s mine, if you want to get a chain going (you only get the $15 if you are a new user)

https://www.fite.tv/invite/zezlkp1

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Bring back Joe. Just Joe.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
WWE sent Velveteen Dream to EVOLVE to wrestle Darby and Theory

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

Instead of getting promoted, he got relegated.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benne posted:

MJF is probably the best part of MLW and I'm more than happy to jump on the hype train with y'all

I really like Team Filthy and Tom Lawlor. Col Parker and the Stud Stable are really scratching my southern wrestling nostalgia bug. The Hart Foundation intrigues me and I've liked what I've seen from Davey Boy Smith Jr in particular. He seems in better shape and crisper than I've ever seen him. I'm a bit of a Low Ki mark even if that's pretty muted in 2018. The Lucha Bros are cool even though they're kind of everywhere right now and feel like they might be reaching a saturation point. And War Games is always fun and I think they're doing it reasonably well.

But MJF is definitely the biggest star for me right now with Lawlor second.

MLW really has kind of scratched my wrestling fan itch in a way WWE, Impact, ROH, or whatever random thing I saw hasn't in awhile. Not since I binged the first 2 seasons of Lucha Underground. Here's hoping it lasts for awhile before the place goes bottom up, starts sucking, or someone does something super scummy to tarnish it (and with that roster that seems like a mine field).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

gabe gettin paid off for being a cop

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm watching this AAW show and it's a hell of a thing.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm watching this AAW show and it's a hell of a thing.

beasties... :smith:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm a huge Besties fan and that first match made me sad

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the aaw show as good

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a huge Besties fan and that first match made me sad

Literally gasped when I read the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

OGB posted:

So is everyone with a FITE account. It’s their standard affiliate deal. Your link is available within the app.

Here’s mine, if you want to get a chain going (you only get the $15 if you are a new user)

https://www.fite.tv/invite/zezlkp1

I got yours, here's mine

http://fite.tv/invite/q057k5z