Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i hope you can sell them to the bugle but jj pays poo poo for em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Baggot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0IjMXt0U0

Photo mode coming in a day 1 patch. Looks like there are a lot of cool options and stickers, you can make it look like a comic cover! I love a good photo mode, it'll be fun to roleplay Peter's photojournalism. :D

I really need this music. They're releasing the soundtrack on vinyl but I hope it's elsewhere too.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

crossposting this extremely important post

Samurai Sanders posted:

Someone fixed the old music spider man trailer from before with the correct old music:

https://twitter.com/ikazombie/status/1035456694057201665?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vikar Jerome posted:

is this was counts as a downgrade these days? bugs in the loving brain, man.

Lol spidey looks better in the downgrades picture. His colors pop without the shine.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's also not a downgrade, it's just at a different time of in-game day

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

crossposting this extremely important post

I'm putting this in the OP lol

also that photo mode looks so loving good. especially when you can make your own fake comic covers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Pulling off a "Metal Gear Solid 2" swap with Miles for Peter would vault this game to near instant legendary status IMO, and Insomniac already released a fantastic super hero game with a minority lead so I know that they'd be into it.

Honestly just from the Sinister 6 prisonbreak trailer I'd be shocked if it didn't come down to that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Pulling off a "Metal Gear Solid 2" swap with Miles for Peter would vault this game to near instant legendary status IMO, and Insomniac already released a fantastic super hero game with a minority lead so I know that they'd be into it.

Honestly just from the Sinister 6 prisonbreak trailer I'd be shocked if it didn't come down to that.

Miles has been shown as just a bystander for a lot of footage so it'd be one hell of a long con to do, making fake footage and all that---but I think MGS2 did the same thing with Snake in Big Shell early videos. Idk if the guys at Insomniac are quite that insane but it'd be fun if this was the case.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

Miles has been shown as just a bystander for a lot of footage so it'd be one hell of a long con to do, making fake footage and all that---but I think MGS2 did the same thing with Snake in Big Shell early videos. Idk if the guys at Insomniac are quite that insane but it'd be fun if this was the case.

I've watched every trailer and I'm not really seeing anything that couldn't all take place during the first two hours of tutorial bullshit.

It could easily go A) all the old costume footage B) Prisonbreak C) Miles for the rest of the game D) an epic genre defing 2v6 bossfight where Miles and Peter fight the entire sinister 6 at the same time (this is just my pony dream wishlist now)

If there's a scene where Peter is definitely in the new suit talking to Miles, then maybe the classic suit is Miles raiding peter's lab/apt. and only finding the classic jammies before finding more of Peter's backpacks and upgrading his gear.

I mean the big reveal could be "Actually you're Gwen Stacy in an Assassin's creed animus" and I still wouldn't care all i want is Spoder-Man, but i dunno, i guess you could say Miles has got my SPIDEY SENSE tingling.

Also lol I just now realized that Marvel's iconic mega-hero's most incredible super power is just a weird pins & needles feeling

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I don't think it'll straight up be "haha! this was a Miles game all along!", but I do think Miles will be playable during the main story, and I wouldn't be too shocked if 3/4ths of the way through he becomes the protagonist for the rest of the game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Also lol I just now realized that Marvel's iconic mega-hero's most incredible super power is just a weird pins & needles feeling

maybe I'm crazy but I always thought "spider sense" was just a clever analogue of how spiders have 8 eyes and thus can see/react to things faster. Obviously they ain't gonna give Peter Parker 8 eyes so instead they just gave a general "danger sense." Either way it's like some kind of hosed up precognition that goes to extreme lengths with his clone Kaine, whose precognition spider-sense is like some legit Minority Report poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If anyone is interested I have the game pre-ordered at Amazon for $50 and am going to cancel that since I'm getting the bundle, if someone wants to buy it I can change the shipping address to you and you can send me the monies. Going to cancel the order tonight if nobody is interested

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah doesn’t the spider sense override his conscious reflexes too? like it’ll make him backflip out of the way of a sniper bullet he didn’t know was coming before he even realizes what he’s doing?

it’s weird because spiders are like the absolute easiest bugs to kill, they just sit there like idiots when you squish them. their most effective survival strategy is making me feel guilty for killing something so stupidly vulnerable and just putting them outside instead

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Medullah posted:

If anyone is interested I have the game pre-ordered at Amazon for $50 and am going to cancel that since I'm getting the bundle, if someone wants to buy it I can change the shipping address to you and you can send me the monies. Going to cancel the order tonight if nobody is interested

Just out of curiosity, when did they estimate they would have been delivering this to you? I preordered WAY back in November of 2016 and they gave me an estimated delivery date of September 24-26. Kind of bullshit that they're estimating it two weeks after release and I honestly feel like it's because I managed to get it before they got rid of preorders with the 20% discount.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ihatepants posted:

Just out of curiosity, when did they estimate they would have been delivering this to you? I preordered WAY back in November of 2016 and they gave me an estimated delivery date of September 24-26. Kind of bullshit that they're estimating it two weeks after release and I honestly feel like it's because I managed to get it before they got rid of preorders with the 20% discount.

Hah i ordered it in early 2017, it doesn't even show an estimated delivery date. That's irritating.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't think it'll straight up be "haha! this was a Miles game all along!", but I do think Miles will be playable during the main story, and I wouldn't be too shocked if 3/4ths of the way through he becomes the protagonist for the rest of the game.

yea this is how it'd go. They keep talking about how the story is majorly impacted by Peter balancing Spidey life and regular life so I would super not be shocked if the final act of the game was Peter seeing all this poo poo going down and just going 'I've done this for 8 years, I keep ruining relationships and friendships just to get beaten up by a big guy in a rhino suit and having JJ call me a monster for it, I'm done' and passing the mask to Miles.

I'd also not be shocked if Miles is just playable as a dude taking pictures a couple times and then never touched again like the MJ stuff I'm sure will be.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Also just to throw this out there, I'm getting the Ps4 Bundle which comes with a physical game copy. I'm considering getting the Digital version which would leave me with an extra physical copy and extra dlc/extras. I would sell it for the cost of the physical game plus shipping if anyone is interested.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vikar Jerome posted:

i hope you can sell them to the bugle but jj pays poo poo for em.
Had a weird rear end dream of a trailer that revealed that JJ is voiced by John Goodman even though I've heard the trailers of him for this game and they just got a knock off JK Simmons for him

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I like there's no stupid gimmicks this time around.

Web of Shadows has the Web Rush move and aerial fighting that was hyped up. Also the "choices" you get in the game...which amount to nothing. As well as "you can switch between the suits. ON THE FLY OH MY GOD".

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had the left and right triggers for swinging as well as that absolutely retarded Hero or Menace thing.

Shattered Dimensions has the four Spider-Men gimmick.

Edge of Time has "quantum causality".

Ultimate Spider-Man has "you can play as Venom!!!!"

Hell, even Spider-Man 2's gimmick is "the website stick to buildings and the physics are 100% real!"

This time around, it's just "It's a Spider-Man game. It's on PS4." Sure, there's the new costume, but Insomniac stopped going on about that about two months after announcing the game.

Activision and their developers harped on those aforementioned gimmicks up until launch. And they always were pretty awful in the end.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

I like there's no stupid gimmicks this time around.

Web of Shadows has the Web Rush move and aerial fighting that was hyped up. Also the "choices" you get in the game...which amount to nothing. As well as "you can switch between the suits. ON THE FLY OH MY GOD".

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had the left and right triggers for swinging as well as that absolutely retarded Hero or Menace thing.

Shattered Dimensions has the four Spider-Men gimmick.

Edge of Time has "quantum causality".

Ultimate Spider-Man has "you can play as Venom!!!!"

Hell, even Spider-Man 2's gimmick is "the website stick to buildings and the physics are 100% real!"

This time around, it's just "It's a Spider-Man game. It's on PS4." Sure, there's the new costume, but Insomniac stopped going on about that about two months after announcing the game.

Activision and their developers harped on those aforementioned gimmicks up until launch. And they always were pretty awful in the end.

I think you'll find that Spiderman 2's gimmick was grabbing a purse thief and swinging to the top of the tallest building in the city before doing the spinning pile driver down to ground level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mandrel posted:

yeah doesn’t the spider sense override his conscious reflexes too? like it’ll make him backflip out of the way of a sniper bullet he didn’t know was coming before he even realizes what he’s doing?

it’s weird because spiders are like the absolute easiest bugs to kill, they just sit there like idiots when you squish them. their most effective survival strategy is making me feel guilty for killing something so stupidly vulnerable and just putting them outside instead

Sometimes. Other times it’s just a warning and he doesn’t even know which direction the threat is.

It does end up being the best excuse for the Batman combat counter warning.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Caros posted:

I think you'll find that Spiderman 2's gimmick was grabbing a purse thief and swinging to the top of the tallest building in the city before doing the spinning pile driver down to ground level.

I mean...that's fair. haha

I want to do this in this game.

Also, how do people enjoy Web of Shadows?? I've got the PC version and I've been trying to get into it and complete it before Friday as it's the only Spider-Man game I've never finished...but I just can't.

The story is so boring and half-assed. The combat is interesting at least, and the swinging is just flying while hanging on to a rope that you throw into nothing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I remember the combat in Web of Shadows being pretty fun, especially when trying to play The Ground is Lava because you could stay in mid-air or bouncing off of enemies for an entire fight.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Aphrodite posted:

Sometimes. Other times it’s just a warning and he doesn’t even know which direction the threat is.

It does end up being the best excuse for the Batman combat counter warning.

Always assumed it was analogous to how a spider feels vibrations on its web ie when something lands on it

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

I remember the combat in Web of Shadows being pretty fun, especially when trying to play The Ground is Lava because you could stay in mid-air or bouncing off of enemies for an entire fight.

The scenes where you had to Web Rush from enemy to enemy is nice and actually memorable for me. Though it's definitely better than ASM 2. I'm actually trying to play that as I type this and it's just not fun.

It feels like a simulation of a bad Spider-Man game. You can't just jump in and out of stopping a crime, you're locked into a teeny level and every single time you have to wait to play again because of that stupid newscast thing.

You also HAVE to stop crime because if you don't, the game punishes you for just trying to swing around and do nothing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The combat of Web of Shadows was definitely the highlight of the game.

On that note, The Wolverine Origins game made by Raven came out the year after WoS and also had some very fun (and violent) combat.

Too bad the movie was so loving abysmal that I think everyone stayed away from the game by sheer association.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Vakal posted:

The combat of Web of Shadows was definitely the highlight of the game.

On that note, The Wolverine Origins game made by Raven came out the year after WoS and also had some very fun (and violent) combat.

Too bad the movie was so loving abysmal that I think everyone stayed away from the game by sheer association.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine's game is one of the best movie games by far. It even has the weird looking yellow spandex if you want to use that.

I've switched to Horizon Zero Dawn instead of ASM 2.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
As part of talking about Spider-man I have found out my wife genuinely believed the old theme tune was:

"Spider-man, Spider-man
Does whatever a spider-man does
Spins a web
There he is"

and didn't know the rest letting me know 'I wasn't into Spider-man at all"

It was quite endearing and I found it very amusing and have been saying "Spins a web, there he is" a lot and probably will as I play it next week.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

If folks want to know about Miles, people are posting spoilers online who have the game now:

Miles is controllable, but in stealth segments in parts of the game. Mary Jane is, too. He doesn't get powers until the end of the game, though, so it's kind of set up as sequel bait

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

VanillaGorilla posted:

If folks want to know about Miles, people are posting spoilers online who have the game now:

Miles is controllable, but in stealth segments in parts of the game. Mary Jane is, too. He doesn't get powers until the end of the game, though, so it's kind of set up as sequel bait

See him in five years then

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThermoPhysical posted:

The scenes where you had to Web Rush from enemy to enemy is nice and actually memorable for me. Though it's definitely better than ASM 2. I'm actually trying to play that as I type this and it's just not fun.

It feels like a simulation of a bad Spider-Man game. You can't just jump in and out of stopping a crime, you're locked into a teeny level and every single time you have to wait to play again because of that stupid newscast thing.

You also HAVE to stop crime because if you don't, the game punishes you for just trying to swing around and do nothing.

I remember being naively hyped up for ASM2 because of the devs saying "webswinging now has physics and it connects to buildings again and everything is way better" and I bought it for WiiU and holy poo poo that game was AWFUL. I was so loving pissed at how bad the swinging actually was (the animation was incredibly bad) and the game itself was braindead.

I encourage everyone to watch this trilogy of videos from AllShamNoWow playing the Amazing Spider-Man 2 game. The leap of quality from this poo poo to the PS4 game is probably one of the biggest changes of quality in any game series ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJs4FwH-GRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geJITwBDEyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlfUiO-yuI

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I remember being naively hyped up for ASM2 because of the devs saying "webswinging now has physics and it connects to buildings again and everything is way better" and I bought it for WiiU and holy poo poo that game was AWFUL. I was so loving pissed at how bad the swinging actually was (the animation was incredibly bad) and the game itself was braindead.

I encourage everyone to watch this trilogy of videos from AllShamNoWow playing the Amazing Spider-Man 2 game. The leap of quality from this poo poo to the PS4 game is probably one of the biggest changes of quality in any game series ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJs4FwH-GRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geJITwBDEyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlfUiO-yuI

Oh it's no better on PS3.

It's really, really, really bad on all consoles and on PC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blackfyre posted:

As part of talking about Spider-man I have found out my wife genuinely believed the old theme tune was:

"Spider-man, Spider-man
Spins a web
There he is"

and didn't know the rest letting me know 'I wasn't into Spider-man at all"

It was quite endearing and I found it very amusing and have been saying "Spins a web, there he is" a lot and probably will as I play it next week.

That may as well by the last lyric.

Spider-man, Spider-man
Spins a web
There he is
I’m not into Spider-man at all!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Spins a web
There he is"

is maybe the best possible spider-man lyric, though. Just that over a shot of Spider-Man just hanging out in a big web and an abrupt end to the song would be 100% more iconic than the classic theme.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it’s loving wild that there’s apparently (suit spoilers don’t look) no classic black suit in the game. or much of any classics besides scarlet and 2099. a lot of really obscure stuff. like are they saving it for DLC or what

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Caros posted:

This reminded me of doing similar moves to the hulk busters in that Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game. When are we gonna get that again :swoon:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mandrel posted:

it’s loving wild that there’s apparently (suit spoilers don’t look) no classic black suit in the game. or much of any classics besides scarlet and 2099. a lot of really obscure stuff. like are they saving it for DLC or what

If the game isn't "about" the symbiote(s) then it makes sense to leave out the black suit. It would feel like too casual or half-assed of an inclusion to put the suit in there without comment or consequence.

And while they could put in the non-symbiote black fabric suit, I think that would seem like too much of a huge tease?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I heard that the gameplay trailers are not really the final product and that there has been a pretty heavy graphics downgrade. Anyone have comparison videos to show this?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Waltzing Along posted:

I heard that the gameplay trailers are not really the final product and that there has been a pretty heavy graphics downgrade. Anyone have comparison videos to show this?

Vikar Jerome posted:

is this was counts as a downgrade these days? bugs in the loving brain, man.

this is the "downgrade". basically youtubers trying to drum up fake controversy for clicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah I just found that. I misspelled downgrade when I searched the page.

But yeah, that is a pretty big downgrade. I can see why some people don't care but as soon as I saw it I could see why other people are pissed off. The lighting is much much better in the original.