Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
I need a guild invite for Vipergang, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I love consecrated path and harold of purity. all the skills are really fun.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Looks like I got purged. Love a guild invite if there's room. Character name _Refuc

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
The new lighting option is really not as noticeable as I thought it looked in the reveal video that GGG posted. Did it get nerfed?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Got purged, could use an invite, character is Bargrim.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Apple Craft posted:

The new lighting option is really not as noticeable as I thought it looked in the reveal video that GGG posted. Did it get nerfed?

Did you turn it on? It's off by default.

It crashed my game almost immediately after I turned it on so I'll wait for a few patches before trying again.

HermanCain
Aug 2, 2013
If there's still room, I'd like an invite for SmashItSMASHIT

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Think we're all caught up with invites. There's 2 slots left in the guild at the moment, after that I'll start a waiting list. Going by experience, the waiting list will take at least a week before it starts moving.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
can't decide whether I want to play Delve or not, on one hand Delves look really fun to me, on the other I started a new job with longer hours so PoE would probably end up taking all my free time when I have a bunch of other poo poo I want to do

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I was asked to post this to the thread because this is a puzzle bothering me, how the hell do I get to this currency delve room?

I've been backtracking through the same biome (Abyssal depths), and absolutely no routes to that zone.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I'm having a hard time choosing what to play. Does anybody have a build / experience with the new Scourge Arrow? I know everyone seems to diss the skilll right now but I want to like it. Also people say that it has good single-target damage?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I think no one is gonna touch scourge arrow for a bit because 1) caustic arrow and toxic rain have flat degens that make it easy to start with early league and scale, 2) ggg already announced a mid-leage adjustment (something about gmp working on the first shot, spores will spawn between them, and more front loader damage).

People said it's clear is the problem but I'm gonna fiddle with a scourge arrow heiro. I think that will solve it's weak points. Pob makes it hard to judge the dps so I'm going in totally blind.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 1, 2018

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Thinking of maybe fooling around on SSF HC for a bit instead of doing my usual thing. Kinda want to try RF

Any guides or PoBs for SSF RF out there? How do you level RF characters anyway?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

Thinking of maybe fooling around on SSF HC for a bit instead of doing my usual thing. Kinda want to try RF

Any guides or PoBs for SSF RF out there? How do you level RF characters anyway?

Get as much life and regen as you can, use consecrated path as your movement skill so you get carried by conc ground. In my experience it starts getting fairly comfortable around lvl40. Make sure you level up vitality and purity of fire as soon as you can. Getting oak bandit on ssf isnt a terrible idea for the extra regen.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So what do you do before 40, just rely on something basic like 4L Sunder?

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Hadn’t touched totem based builds before, decided to do it now (SSF) for Delve. Early leveling with Arc + Spell Totem at least is positively hilarious (once I had the totem keystone). Delve feels fun - there’s nice pacing between leveling up the acts and doing a bit of delving once you have back full of the delving stuff.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

So what do you do before 40, just rely on something basic like 4L Sunder?

Yea, or just consecrated path, its supposed to be pretty good too

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Delve in general is great, but the flares seem awful. As soon as I notice some rear end in a top hat has EMPed the crawler, I drop a flare and still die with a load of darkness stacks on me.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Truga posted:

I also really like that I have full control over how much time I spend in it. Alva incursions were awesome, but the temple could take a lot of time to clear during early levels, and not clearing it meant I couldn't run incursions. I've just opened the portals and then ignored them a couple times when I got bad rooms, but it still felt like a waste, here I just pop in and do a couple trips with the cart, and then pop out again.

It also feels a lot more forgiving. I felt like I could never clear enough of the incursions with my league starter to be worth doing while leveling. Delves feel like they're an appropriate difficulty. The loot is pretty sweet too.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Phobophilia posted:

I was asked to post this to the thread because this is a puzzle bothering me, how the hell do I get to this currency delve room?

That seems like an obvious "destructible wall here" tell but I'm not certain where it would be from the later screenshots. If there a side room leading off the main path in line with the currency room (if you bring up the delve map while on the path it will show your location between rooms) then it's probably at the back of that, just far enough away that you will have a hell of a time dropping the flares to get there, blow up the wall, and get back without dying.

Have fun!

(speaking of which, is there a hotkey for flares that I am missing or did they really expect us to mouse over to those buttons the second we need to leave the crawler light radius?)

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Dallan Invictus posted:

That seems like an obvious "destructible wall here" tell but I'm not certain where it would be from the later screenshots. If there a side room leading off the main path in line with the currency room (if you bring up the delve map while on the path it will show your location between rooms) then it's probably at the back of that, just far enough away that you will have a hell of a time dropping the flares to get there, blow up the wall, and get back without dying.

Have fun!

(speaking of which, is there a hotkey for flares that I am missing or did they really expect us to mouse over to those buttons the second we need to leave the crawler light radius?)

6 for flares 7 for dynamite

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Zmej posted:

I think no one is gonna touch scourge arrow for a bit because 1) caustic arrow and toxic rain have flat degens that make it easy to start with early league and scale, 2) ggg already announced a mid-leage adjustment (something about gmp working on the first shot, spores will spawn between them, and more front loader damage).

People said it's clear is the problem but I'm gonna fiddle with a scourge arrow heiro. I think that will solve it's weak points. Pob makes it hard to judge the dps so I'm going in totally blind.

I tired scourge arrows while leveling. It just felt clunky and slow to clear having to charge up fully to kill half the screen while I could just click once with toxic rain and clear the whole screen in a second with just the dot damage. I will give it another try once I'm higher level with better gear as I'm still only 55. Toxic rain has just gone way beyond my expectations in damage. I was planning on using it to level but its been my easiest first character to level I've ever played in a long time.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Scourge arrow feels like it really, really needs attack speed to feel anywhere close to good which is not something you're gonna get leveling.

Toxic rain does indeed own though. Also the poison prolif from pathfinder actually feels like it's doing something even early on so that's promising.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Can someone add MeatbagHarder to the guild?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Can someone add MeatbagHarder to the guild?

Invited. Guild is now full. I will maintain a waiting list if anyone wants to get in, but it will be a good few days before any space opens up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Keru posted:

The new lighting system made some of the less impressive league rewards, like Harbinger Eyes, a lot better looking.

shitlord mtx baron etc

What mtx setup is that?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

TheRat posted:

Yea, or just consecrated path, its supposed to be pretty good too

This is me last night around level 30: Oh neat, I just finished a quest and I can pick a new movement skill I've never seen. Let's try it! The first minute I start using it, it feels awkward. After another minute of playing around with it, I'm starting to get the hang of the skill and I love it. It may be my favorite movement skill now. Tie onslaught, fortify, and melee damage to it and don't look back. The heal is great for your zombies too!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Holyshoot posted:

What mtx setup is that?

It's automaton wings, armor, boots and gloves, then that bandana challenge reward from incursion, harbinger eyes and the Delve support weapon mtx.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I appreciate how thread activity tanked the second the league started

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
someone at ggg got really high when they thought "namelocked situational movement based aoe attack" and made it a reality. very much glad they added the fuzzy target for name locking, i think consecrated path would be impossible to use without it. flicker strike's weird cousin is very strange and fun to play

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Looks like I got a purge. Could I get an invite for MoreFlickerQuestionMark when you have a space? Cheers.

Decided to level Flicker again and will probably try a switch to some PP variant at some point.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

frankenbeans posted:

Looks like I got a purge. Could I get an invite for MoreFlickerQuestionMark when you have a space? Cheers.

Decided to level Flicker again and will probably try a switch to some PP variant at some point.

TheRat posted:

Invited. Guild is now full. I will maintain a waiting list if anyone wants to get in, but it will be a good few days before any space opens up.

🙃

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
I think we should all see who can guess closest to the maximum delve depth this league, ( Any, group solo, HC, SC, just over all depth matters)
edit: Its closest + or -
My prediction: 1203

Baram: 420
Elentor: 1480
McFrugal: 800

Turd Herder fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 2, 2018

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Turd Herder posted:

I think we should all see who can guess closest to the maximum delve depth this league, ( Any, group solo, HC, SC, just over all depth matters)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turd Herder posted:

No point in going lower, so 1480.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm still pretty low-level. How does monster level scale with depth level?

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Elentor posted:

No point in going lower, so 1480.

This isn't price is right, This is closest + or -

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
I BID A DELVE LEVEL OF ONE DOLLAR, DREW

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I'm gonna bet depth 800.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm a fan of how they described the new Oriath armor sets as being for "infiltrating and undermining their regime" as though a substantial portion of their demographic won't be using the faith guard skins to unironically cosplay as Nazis