Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dawgstar posted:

God bless, Bill. God bless.

Edit: Spot checking the comments...

A guy from Mexico says that the CG community is much more inclusive to him than other communities he's tried, like Tumblr and can boast a number of minority creators amongst its ranks. His print on demand book is about... ah, 'Red Ninja Momiji' who has giant hooters and wears less than Psylocke does...

'Comcisgate is against people who put politics over good storytelling' blah blah blah...'

Comics already WERE weaponized by the shifty leftists ages ago...

Somebody said Bill was two steps away from going full Alex Jones. Good, good.

D_T or his brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Si Spurrier is another one pulling no Comicsgate punches.

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/status/1035656375286853634

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I like the fact that as opposed to GG the comic industry has eloquent and intelligent people who are good with words to respond to the CHUDs (it also helps that for all it's faults the comic industry is downright progressive compared to the techbro douche culture of vg companies).

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
https://twitter.com/davegibbons90/status/1035442702777757696

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
axe cop guy is bad

https://twitter.com/AXECOP/status/1034926795324153856

https://twitter.com/AXECOP/status/1035001996900675585

https://twitter.com/AXECOP/status/1035566191492755456

https://twitter.com/AXECOP/status/1035909548362543104

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just like his comics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Axe Cop update.

https://twitter.com/AXECOP/status/1035970242265018368

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Has anyone informed this gentleman that his vision of a cop and a soldier who kill "bad guys" and take their stuff is, in fact, essentially a "far left" critique?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Nessus posted:

Has anyone informed this gentleman that his vision of a cop and a soldier who kill "bad guys" and take their stuff is, in fact, essentially a "far left" critique?

he's not the guy who came up with the idea, his little brother did

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Awwwww I liked the comics and the show. :smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Whos the cop

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I don't know who that guy is but someone going by axecop being a fascist is like the least surprising thing

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Wow Doug TenNapel’s protégé is also garbage who could have guessed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

At least Doug TenNapel is talented and creative on top of being a huge rear end in a top hat.

The most creative thing the axe cop guy ever did was a comic where Jesus walks on piss.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I don't know who that guy is but someone going by axecop being a fascist is like the least surprising thing

Axe Cop is a comic he made with his literal child brother. Like, I'd actually be okay calling it apolitical simply because I don't believe an 8(?) year old telling stories about a cop that uses and axe and rides a t-rex with machine gun arms is really doing anything other than being a silly child.

Sucks that Nicolle has roughly the same critical thinking skills, though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well it's a bummer he's a shithead cuz that actually sounds like a cute gimmick, doing a comic with your kid sibling

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
to be specific the kid was 5 when the comic was started at the very end of 2009. He'd be 12-13 now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It was extremely monkeycheese, but yeah, a cute gimmick, and a lot of it is free on his website, if you want to turn on an ad blocker and check it out. I certainly understand if that's even a bridge too far, though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Axe Cop is a comic he made with his literal child brother. Like, I'd actually be okay calling it apolitical simply because I don't believe an 8(?) year old telling stories about a cop that uses and axe and rides a t-rex with machine gun arms is really doing anything other than being a silly child.

Sucks that Nicolle has roughly the same critical thinking skills, though.
It'd be hard to say that such a work is not INFORMED by politics but it is true that the child would not be consciously creating a political message at 5 years old, unless it was some sort of ultimate communist baby.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nessus posted:

It'd be hard to say that such a work is not INFORMED by politics but it is true that the child would not be consciously creating a political message at 5 years old, unless it was some sort of ultimate communist baby.

That's certainly true, and Nicolle being the artist is still half of the creative team, so his influence is going to be there regardless.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kids have political views, they're just really poorly thought out and the kids don't think of them as such. EG: Axe cop is a good guy and he kills bad guys. An inherently political statement.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
His twitter bio says he's "classically liberally" which is basically short-hand for "I'm alt right but I'm also the worst person in every Gen Ed Philosophy class"

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Personally, I love the, "We Are Comics Gate" video they keep posting over and over.. I mean, there's no way they just paid a bunch of people on Fiverr to hold up signs and declare they were apart of Comicgate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PicklePants posted:

Personally, I love the, "We Are Comics Gate" video they keep posting over and over.. I mean, there's no way they just paid a bunch of people on Fiverr to hold up signs and declare they were apart of Comicgate.

Didn't Pewdie Pie pay some kids in the third world like ten bucks to hold up a sign saying "We Hate Jews" or something?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Skwirl posted:

Didn't Pewdie Pie pay some kids in the third world like ten bucks to hold up a sign saying "We Hate Jews" or something?

"Death To All Jews", yeah. What a hilarious joke!

My favorite thing to do with "jokes" like that is ask what the punchline is. It's never a good answer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lurdiak posted:

Kids have political views, they're just really poorly thought out and the kids don't think of them as such. EG: Axe cop is a good guy and he kills bad guys. An inherently political statement.

It says a lot about fascists that they never seemed to grow up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dawgstar posted:

Edit: Spot checking the comments...

A guy from Mexico says that the CG community is much more inclusive to him than other communities he's tried, like Tumblr and can boast a number of minority creators amongst its ranks. His print on demand book is about... ah, 'Red Ninja Momiji' who has giant hooters and wears less than Psylocke does...

Original character, do not steal?

I'm not going to look up that guy's character but it sounds like he took that character wholesale.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anora posted:

I'm not going to look up that guy's character but it sounds like he took that character wholesale.

Yeah. Like I can already think of a couple of characters, at best, he liberally "homaged" from.

His statement was interesting in claiming that there's a lot of Latino, Asian and Muslim creators in CG, too. I'm sure the rest will be speaking up any day now in droves.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Cebulski wants everyone to forget his racisms https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-editor-in-chief-really-wishes-we-could-all-just-1826509024

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anora posted:

It's not like "sexy ninja" is the world's most original idea anyway.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
No, but if you're going to copy, you probably should make sure you don't copy the name too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:cry:

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1036291858438270979?s=19

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anora posted:

No, but if you're going to copy, you probably should make sure you don't copy the name too.

Worked for Deadpool.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I understand that the standards are different, but isn't he morally obligated to engage with every one of his critics?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol morals

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like the one comment that said Dickie is all 'we have to embrace the past because it was great to KILL IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE. Outlaw life's hard.

Also, Lethal Larry Hama has joined the fight.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 2, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the best because a bunch of the CG guys cited Hama and GIJoe as "the good old days."

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

I like the one comment that said Dickie is all 'we have to embrace the past because it was great to KILL IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE. Outlaw life's hard.

Also, Lethal Larry Hama has joined the fight.

I love this man.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Only thing missing is a fedora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Gynovore posted:

Only thing missing is a fedora.

I love the people on that article's comments who are like "How can he be racist? He likes Asians so much, he wanted to be one!"

Wait, did I said love? I meant loathe.

• Locked thread