Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'd totally do my pitch perfect Dermott impression but I blew my freakin' vocal cords rocking out last night, so lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lasca posted:

Definitely

Watching Viva los Muertos and it seems Doc outdid his dad in the reanimation department with Venturestein. Dude gets socialized, enjoys some prostitutes, ends up leading a nation. Much better outcome then just tossed in a dumpster for any antagonist to find.

Currently the most successful of the current generation of Ventures

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012

Ironslave posted:

The decision to shift Brock away from an implacable murder monster into a competent-but-meatheaded agent is a sad side-effect of Patrick Warburton no longer being a major part of this show.

FTFY.

On that note, it sucks that Dermott is back. We need to get Dean scream-crying and Brock shoving peoples' heads up their own assholes again stat, not more people played by the show's writers 'answering questions' about the random bullshit Doc and Jackson came up with ten years ago because they thought it was funny then (and it generally was!). Let the jokes be jokes. Then maybe they can make more jokes instead of doing the saddest form of fanservice: spending entire episodes filling in blanks that nerds brought up on the Internet.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Currently the most successful of the current generation of Ventures

JJ would probably get that title when he was alive. Man, rewatching All This and Gargantua-2 after the Morphic Trilogy, it's impressive how alike yet different those two were. Same genius, some of the same character flaws (arrogance notably) and a death in space, but JJ got to say goodbye to Rusty and share a last Team Venture moment with him, he refused the super-hero/super-spy game and he had a rather stable family unit around him. Impressive for a man who was technically only two years old when he died!

Also the model for Copy Cat was in that episode!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

X_Toad posted:

JJ would probably get that title when he was alive. Man, rewatching All This and Gargantua-2 after the Morphic Trilogy, it's impressive how alike yet different those two were. Same genius, some of the same character flaws (arrogance notably) and a death in space, but JJ got to say goodbye to Rusty and share a last Team Venture moment with him, he refused the super-hero/super-spy game and he had a rather stable family unit around him. Impressive for a man who was technically only two years old when he died!

Also the model for Copy Cat was in that episode!

I meant of Rusty's kids, and yes I count Venturestein as being one of his kids

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Prositooooooots!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I am unfamiliar with the way college fraternities function : how could Dean join his father's old fraternity when he hasn't enrolled in the same college? Are there some that functions more like organizations present on multiples campuses?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

X_Toad posted:

I am unfamiliar with the way college fraternities function : how could Dean join his father's old fraternity when he hasn't enrolled in the same college? Are there some that functions more like organizations present on multiples campuses?

Fraternities can have chapters at multiple universities.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
I wonder if the fraternity Doc and Jonas were in is exclusive to super-scientists. Seems like a good way to acquire a nemesis even if you don't want one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

X_Toad posted:

More often than not that's the case actually. Most of them are huge national organizations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

X_Toad posted:

The fraternity my grandfather was in at UPenn has chapters across about a hundred schools for instance.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Okay, thanks for those explanations.

And completely unrelated :

quote:

Oh, screw this noise. I'm going home.

South Park reference?

They've also apparently referenced Homestuck with the Iron Infidels thing? Probably a double-reference to the Sun King's Dragoons, who specialized in the hunting and forced abjuration of Protestants?

I wonder why Dean started a conversation with Sheila? He's so sick of the Monarch, I would have thought that he would want to stay away from her.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 3, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

X_Toad posted:

I wonder why Dean started a conversation with Sheila? He's so sick of the Monarch, I would have thought that he would want to stay away from her.

She's the closest thing to a mother figure he has that isn't in a mental institution.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Mantis42 posted:

I'd totally do my pitch perfect Dermott impression but I blew my freakin' vocal cords rocking out last night, so lame.

:golfclap:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

420 Gank Mid posted:

Jonas hosed A LOT and yet there hasn't been so much as a single hint that he may have fathered illegitimate little Ventures all over the place, i mean, does Jonas seem the type to wear a condom?
Uh, it was just revealed in the flashback between Jonas and Fitzcarraldo that Jonas bragged about having no problems with his fertility.

Not to mention at least Dr. Mrs. The Monarch realizing that Jonas may be her husband's father.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Jonas was saying his science is quite potent. That could be him saying he's very fertile, or just him saying something that convinces BM to send his wife over so Jonas can try to gently caress her.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

420 Gank Mid posted:

set up a dial modem to call them instead and save yourself the throat ache

Better yet, do Phineas Phage's impression of H.E.L.P.eR.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

X_Toad posted:

Because she's smart and competent and he probably thought she might have good advice on his situation (which she did).

He doesn't want lunatics in costumes bursting into his classroom when he's trying to study, but if one of the few lunatics in his life who's intelligent and relatively down to earth is mingling at a social gathering then hey might as well make some small talk, gotta take guidance where you can get it when your dad is Rusty Venture.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mega64 posted:

She's the closest thing to a mother figure he has that isn't in a mental institution.

Reminder that Dean literally thought she was his mom because she knew about Adrian's anti-theft measures

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Because she's smart and competent and he probably thought she might have good advice on his situation (which she did).

He doesn't want lunatics in costumes bursting into his classroom when he's trying to study, but if one of the few lunatics in his life who's intelligent and relatively down to earth is mingling at a social gathering then hey might as well make some small talk, gotta take guidance where you can get it when your dad is Rusty Venture.

And they have a lot in common being the relative voice of reason around said lunatics.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Cheesus posted:

Uh, it was just revealed in the flashback between Jonas and Fitzcarraldo that Jonas bragged about having no problems with his fertility.

Thank god the Jonas we know would never lie to look more masculine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dermott may have found his true calling as a shithead private. I think he was introduced to give Hank someone to play off since he and Dean have become so different.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

X_Toad posted:

Rhys Darby. No idea who he is, but Reddit's been calling him a treasure on their thread, so I'm assuming some folk know him. They keep mentionning someone called "Murray" in relation to him.

Rhys Darby is from Flight of the Conchords (the manager), what we do in the shadows(we're werewolves not swearwolves) and the jumanji remake(where he played the NPC game guide, Nigel).

He is a complete treasure, and always one of the best things in anything he's in.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

HardKase posted:

Rhys Darby is from Flight of the Conchords (the manager), what we do in the shadows(we're werewolves not swearwolves) and the jumanji remake(where he played the NPC game guide, Nigel).

He is a complete treasure, and always one of the best things in anything he's in.

Not to mention he was in the best episode of the X Files reboot, Mulder And Scully Meet The Weremonster

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Hedrigall posted:

Not to mention he was in the best episode of the X Files reboot, Mulder And Scully Meet The Weremonster

That information is enough for me to consider watching the reboot.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

HardKase posted:

That information is enough for me to consider watching the reboot.

Watch only that episode and The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dermott may have found his true calling as a shithead private. I think he was introduced to give Hank someone to play off since he and Dean have become so different.

also notable in that he basically served as a Doc-voiced peer for the Jackson-voiced Hank to play off of

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Dermott commented that the OSI-issued bras are super-complicated. When you get a look at Agent Kimberly McManus without her shirt, take a gander at the bra. I see something that looks like a fastener (a fastener, as it wouldn't surprise me if this bra had 7 more of them) on either the left or right side, on one of the lower straps toward the front. I can see why Dermott says that the Guild dude needs to just accept that he's done as much 2nd base stuff as he can do, leave well enough alone, and just move on.

I wonder how Dermott knows that, though. (Probably from peeping, I guess. I'm not sure he has gotten to 1st base with any OSI agents who wear bras.)

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

tarlibone posted:

Dermott commented that the OSI-issued bras are super-complicated. When you get a look at Agent Kimberly McManus without her shirt, take a gander at the bra. I see something that looks like a fastener (a fastener, as it wouldn't surprise me if this bra had 7 more of them) on either the left or right side, on one of the lower straps toward the front. I can see why Dermott says that the Guild dude needs to just accept that he's done as much 2nd base stuff as he can do, leave well enough alone, and just move on.

I wonder how Dermott knows that, though. (Probably from peeping, I guess. I'm not sure he has gotten to 1st base with any OSI agents who wear bras.)

Ah. Thank you for writing up the Wookiepedia entry for bras. Please remember to mark differing levels of canonicity.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

tarlibone posted:

He may have simply browsed through the catalogue and read the description of that one in particular? Like, I don't think it necessarily involves peeping.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

X_Toad posted:

He may have simply browsed through the catalogue and read the description of that one in particular? Like, I don't think it necessarily involves peeping.

I would say "But c'mon, man, it's Dermott, of course he peeped!", but I can actually see how he would browse the bra section of the OSI official outfitter catalogue. For research purposes, that is. So that when his chance inevitably came, he'd know how to get... to second base.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He might have even worn one. For research purposes of course.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He stole one and filled it with water balloons to "get practice".

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

tarlibone posted:

The next episode is called "The Bellicose Proxy." I don't know if the preview is up yet.

The trailer...

Got a link to this?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Pershing posted:

Got a link to this?

I saw it at the end of the broadcast of the episode. I just looked on Adult Swim and YouTube, and if it's on either of those sites, I couldn't find it. Sorry.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I take back what I said about them starting to ship the T-shirts.

My shipping label was created a week ago, but nothing was actually shipped yet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Moments like this we realise that Dermott takes a lot more after his father than it first seems. And he seems a lot smarter than he gives himself credit for, though otherwise mostly having inherited Rusty's negative traits.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
New teaser : http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-behind-this-door/
This doesn't really have any story spoilers. But its a future ep clip.

This looks fun. Basically a look into the GCI training center. Multiple rooms of various training. I like that we'll start to get into how the Guild operates internally.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Moments like this we realise that Dermott takes a lot more after his father than it first seems. And he seems a lot smarter than he gives himself credit for, though otherwise mostly having inherited Rusty's negative traits.

Which is why being an OSI agent will probably be a good thing for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

deong posted:

New teaser : http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-behind-this-door/
This doesn't really have any story spoilers. But its a future ep clip.

This looks fun. Basically a look into the GCI training center. Multiple rooms of various training. I like that we'll start to get into how the Guild operates internally.

I am not going to say that I didn't see the whole "this isn't a hologram" thing coming, but it still slayed me.