Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hope this doesn't mean we wont get Spencer on the show again, he is one of my favourite guests.

His rant much like the whole debate over showing Patreon income is kinda dumb but mostly inconsequential. I can't imagine anyone caring enough to effort post about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I feel like the people who get worked up about fork ratings and the results of tournaments would also get pissed about the scores in Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

NienNunb posted:

I feel like the people who get worked up about fork ratings and the results of tournaments would also get pissed about the scores in Whose Line Is It Anyway.

You mean like Mitch? I love when Gillian Jacobs gave Taco Bell a bad score and how much it upset the hosts.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cloks posted:

You mean like Mitch? I love when Gillian Jacobs gave Taco Bell a bad score and how much it upset the hosts.

this is one of the top 10 doughboys eps

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
I like when they had claudia on for their pizza tournament and she said she doesn't like pizza

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cloks posted:

Remember when Neil Campbell gave Pizza Hut a half a fork and the boys reacted like they witnessed a murder?

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Under Doughboys rules, having nostalgia for a restaurant is like an automatic 2-fork bonus. Actually for Mitch it's probably like 3.5

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

cams posted:

this is one of the top 10 doughboys eps

I'm still hoping for a Gillian Claudia episode for peak Mitch destruction.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ahaahha Paul Sheer is an infinitely better live host of Doughboys than The Doyboys are.

The fact that they didn't even stick around for any of the shows and bounced after dropping a 30-minute chaotic mess makes it so much better.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What? Is this double nonsense.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I watched Mitch live tonight and it was hilarious. It's like Eric Andre but the host is being tortured instead of the guest

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wtf were they talking about with the Johnny Rockets promotion? Make style?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Wtf were they talking about with the Johnny Rockets promotion? Make style?

Haven't listened but maybe "Meg" style? They've got a tie-in going on.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They mention The Meg so much in this episode, so it's really tickling me to think about someone struggling to comprehend what they're talking about every single time

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I've never heard of The Meg.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Meg is quite possibly the dumbest name you could come up with for shark movie. Megadolon is already a cool name just use it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Popete posted:

The Meg is quite possibly the dumbest name you could come up with for shark movie. Megadolon is already a cool name just use it.

Megalodon (2002) exists already though

I'm also guessing it's got to do with the novel they optioned for the 2018 movie?

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Popete posted:

For real. I thought it was a follow-up to The Duff when I heard the name. Never would have guessed it's a shark movie.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Majuju posted:

Megalodon (2002) exists already though

I'm also guessing it's got to do with the novel they optioned for the 2018 movie?

Alright fine, Meg is a dumb name for a book about a shark.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

UP AND ADAM posted:

I've never heard of The Meg.

They mention it constantly throughout the episode.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Hence my confusion.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The MAG(A)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Unmature posted:

The MAG(A)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love that Susser got called out for trying to bribe Yusong to push for Susser merch.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yusong losing his mind while Wiger deadpans a description of a Garfield strip is just the best.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Mitch sponsored by blue polo shirts

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is Mitch sponsored by blue polo shirts

Is that what Post Mates driver's wear?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's a hell of a cackle from Nick on this week's ep.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Wigers ad read of My Booky was interesting

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

soggybagel posted:

Wigers ad read of My Booky was interesting

just heard this and lmao

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

it's blindingly obvious that Mitch only wants to do "Grocery Month" so that Trader Joe's can win. Why else would he rage so hard against Nick's hot food bar rule (which, given the podcast's premise, is the sensible way to go)?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Grocery month is a horrible idea, but I want them to do it just to hear how much they complain about it sucking nearly immediately.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Wiger is 100% right about grocery month and I can’t wait for Mitch to have a meltdown when Trader Joe’s loses a single point in any category.

E: I wonder if they realize that Ben and Jerry’s is owned by Unilever because they kept talking about it during the ice cream competition as if Ben and Jerry still ran the thing.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 13, 2018

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Reviewing the frozen food at Trader Joe's is better content than reviewing a fourth hot food bar at a regional grocery store. Mitch, as always, is the smart one

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Trader Joe's absolutely should be considered and has a good chance of winning. I understand Wiger's point but I just can't get behind it. Joe's needs to be a contender.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mitch, like always, was right. Trader Joe's is a completely valid choice

Whole Foods has top tier grocery store prepared food

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

xbilkis posted:

Reviewing the frozen food at Trader Joe's is better content than reviewing a fourth hot food bar at a regional grocery store. Mitch, as always, is the smart one

yea at least trader joe's frozen poo poo is interesting to go through, five episodes of 'so this store had an olive station, they were fine, the macaroni was dry as usual...' is not

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
It’s kind of a lovely idea but I’m totally down for the second episode of the tournament when they start to hate it and admit it was a lovely idea but Susser makes them slog through it anyway.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

They did an entire month of one restaurant; half the fun is going whole hog on a terrible idea. Getting an out to review frozen foods at one place is cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

god, working with mitch would be such loving hell