Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

gently caress me that really sucks. I would have killed for a PG Sazabi or PG Kampfer.

I wouldn't expect anything other than a lead Gundam in perfect grade even in a fantasy, but hoping for something like the Nu seemed reasonable enough.

Ah well.

I suppose the Barbatos and the Turn A aren't likely any time soon either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have to say I'm not really feeling the look of the Moon Gundam. It feels like it's less of its own thing and more of the top half of the sazabi hastily bolted into a pair of unicorn legs. And the secondary antenna looks funny. It doesn't have a very cohesive look to it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

chiasaur11 posted:

PG Turn A.

Now with 24 points of moustache articulation!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

chiasaur11 posted:

I wouldn't expect anything other than a lead Gundam in perfect grade even in a fantasy, but hoping for something like the Nu seemed reasonable enough.

Ah well.

I suppose the Barbatos and the Turn A aren't likely any time soon either.

I mean seriously, there wasn’t even an RG IBO release.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Solkanar512 posted:

I mean seriously, there wasn’t even an RG IBO release.

You can expect an MG or RG Barbatos when the sales for the series brand kits tapers off completely. Don't want to be saturating that market… *sends another interesting kit to P-Bandai purgatory*

Puddin posted:

Fully articulated cow. :colbert: (with opening hatches :v:)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

You can expect an MG or RG Barbatos when the sales for the series brand kits tapers off completely. Don't want to be saturating that market… *sends another interesting kit to P-Bandai purgatory*

To be fair, the well was poisoned a little with the first-seasons run of nigh-identical Grazes in different colours.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
E:Wrong thread

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Have to say I'm not really feeling the look of the Moon Gundam. It feels like it's less of its own thing and more of the top half of the sazabi hastily bolted into a pair of unicorn legs. And the secondary antenna looks funny. It doesn't have a very cohesive look to it.

The face is a little small, but I’m OK with the general aesthetic. It looks like a statue made from a stylised, half-remembered image of a Gundam, like one of those ancient astronaut paintings, which fits well with who’s piloting it. It’s just off enough to be a weird, mystical spin on the classic design.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I don't think there's been a PG that wasn't a movie/series lead Gundam since the Zaku (which was one of the first ones), unless you count the red Astray with the samurai sword, and I figured they'd be running low on those by now, but now that I think of it, there's kind of a ton? Nu, Barbatos, ZZ (which would be quite a loving kit), Turn-A, the Alex, Gundam X, Ground Type from 08th MS Team, probably more I'm forgetting, and it just keeps going. There's a shitload of Gundams, goddamn.

I mean I understand the motives behind doing variant re-releases and whatnot, it's way less work for them, but I'd love to see a whole new kit, and it would have been the perfect time for a PG Nu (which I would instantly buy, because the design owns).

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

RillAkBea posted:

Fully articulated cow. :colbert:

Stop drilling you've struck oil/gold/buried ancient zeon suits.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Sazabi posted:

Stop drilling you've struck oil/gold/buried ancient zeon Zoid suits.

hth

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Found a RG Unicorn Gundam on Amazon warehouse deals for $28 about a week ago. Finally arrived today and...the runners in the box are for a HG Destiny Gundam.

:negative:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Puddin posted:

But will it come with a cow?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So my SN Heavyarms arrived today and jesus christ SN's plastic quality has gotten so much better. Havent started building it yet, but just from the feel of the plastic when i took all the runners out of their bags.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

asterioth posted:

So my SN Heavyarms arrived today and jesus christ SN's plastic quality has gotten so much better. Havent started building it yet, but just from the feel of the plastic when i took all the runners out of their bags.

That was one of my biggest complaints about the Altron, good to hear it's improved.

Is everything still under gated, or did they move to something more standard?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

The double V-Fin looks cool from this angle, and no other

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I got the good ol' USPS "we tried to deliver this China package but nobody was home, soz" which is likely my SN Heavyarms. I'm glad I beat the copyright police. I'm just glad people are saying that it feels like good quality; I've been unhappy with China kits since the only one I built was the 1/100 Moebius Zero. The plastic was the consistency of week-old Jello pudding left outside to harden.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I'm having a difficult time taking the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON Gundam seriously.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm going off the design a little, maybe I'll like the counterpart with the more Sazabi look better.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It's from the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solkanar512 posted:

It's from the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

No, it's from Moon-Moon.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think it looks cool :gerty:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Solkanar512 posted:

Don't worry, it's not out yet. :hurr:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How is the manga? Seeing that the Moon Gundam is a Zeon suit got me curious again.

I just looked again and the other Sazabi prototype has those weird fuel tanks hanging off the funnel rack, which lets it down. Guess I want the Moon backpack on that suit.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Arcsquad12 posted:

that's because it's cobbled from two different mobile suits that crashed into Moon Moon if i remember how the story goes.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

A new robofriend arrived in the mail today
https://imgur.com/a/yPxI2fI
(TaurusOxford I know my posing is bad you don't need to point it out TIA)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Droyer posted:

(TaurusOxford I know my posing is bad you don't need to point it out TIA)

Sorry for trying to help.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I was making a joke lol i don't mind.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Could use some more beam cannons

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Booourns posted:

Could use some more beam cannons

Good to see someone getting into the Gundam Breaker mentality.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The Blast Master is out!

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hgbd_blast.html

And it actually looks pretty darn good. They've been real good with the sticker usage and they even took the opportunity to improve the Jegan's outdated hip joints. While the series creators seem to be avoiding showing us the Blast Master at all costs, the Gunpla dev team clearly love it. :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

The Blast Master is out!

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hgbd_blast.html

And it actually looks pretty darn good. They've been real good with the sticker usage and they even took the opportunity to improve the Jegan's outdated hip joints. While the series creators seem to be avoiding showing us the Blast Master at all costs, the Gunpla dev team clearly love it. :3:

Normally I'm all for the full-dakka gunpla designs, and I've made a fair few customized ones like that to boot, but I just can't get into this one. It just feels like a random hodge-podge of conflicting aesthetics to me. Though I'm surprised the shoulder cannons aren't an HGBD pack, because they just look like they're random weapons mounted to the shoulders rather than an actual intended part of the design.

The 00 Sky does a much better job of taking three different series' mobile suit design elements and managing to make them work as its own coherent design.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 7, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Normally I'm all for the full-dakka gunpla designs, and I've made a fair few customized ones like that to boot, but I just can't get into this one. It just feels like a random hodge-podge of conflicting aesthetics to me. Though I'm surprised the shoulder cannons aren't an HGBD pack, because they just look like they're random weapons mounted to the shoulders rather than an actual intended part of the design.

The 00 Sky does a much better job of taking three different series' mobile suit design elements and managing to make them work as its own coherent design.

I mean, I feel like the whole point of the Blast Master is that it’s a munchkin suit. It’s not designed to be pretty, it’s not designed to serve some sort of highfalutin thematic purpose, it’s here to murder people with every kind of beam from every Gundam series and by god, that is what it will do. I feel the effect would be slightly ruined if it had a coherent, appealing design rather than being the hideous hodgepodge it is.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Though I'm surprised the shoulder cannons aren't an HGBD pack, because they just look like they're random weapons mounted to the shoulders rather than an actual intended part of the design.

Yeah, they look better on the Freedom. I bet they'd look better on even a regular Jegan

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, I feel like the whole point of the Blast Master is that it’s a munchkin suit. It’s not designed to be pretty, it’s not designed to serve some sort of highfalutin thematic purpose, it’s here to murder people with every kind of beam from every Gundam series and by god, that is what it will do. I feel the effect would be slightly ruined if it had a coherent, appealing design rather than being the hideous hodgepodge it is.

It doesn't work as a hodgepodge either. The feet cannons match the belly cannon which matches the head cannon. That's a consistent design element literally head to toe through the suit. The problem is the skirt cannons, the backpack, the shoulders, and the chest. Those don't fit with the rest of the suit at all. If the whole thing is about giant beams, why add two tiny little Seed style beam guns on the waist? And then also make the shoulders massive moving hardpoints for missiles? Those are the only two points on the suit where it breaks from the "Giant Beams" theme and they don't work with each other or anything else. The backpack and the chest are from X, they should go together, except that the chest is fully part of the overall suit design, it's painted to match the rest of the torso and works as a cowl for the belly cannon. But the backpack is a color found nowhere else on the suit and isn't otherwise integrated at all into the design. So there's two X elements, one which kinda works and fits the suit, and the other which looks like a hodge podge add on.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

The problem is literally every other HGBD/F design. All of them can be summed up as "Original design with the builder's unique take". They each have a wholly complete aesthetic because the builder's put a shitload of effort into their creation to make it theirs.

The Blast Jegan looks like a decent Jegan design with a bunch of random HGBC weapon packs slapped on.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo they're actually doing an Inle kit!

as part of that weird Mobile Suit Ensemble line

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Holy poo poo they're actually doing an Inle kit!

as part of that weird Mobile Suit Ensemble line

And it's P-Bandai, and it's 160 bucks for a hopped up capsule toy. And yet it sold out within hours. :stonk:

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Bandai sitting on the Woundwort and Advance of Titans designs for so long has lead to an extreme thirst being unlocked they probably never expected until the Woundwort sold like hotcakes. that 3rd party 1/100 probably fanned the flames before they even considered it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
GIVE US THE RABBIT GUNDAMS, BANDAI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Maybe they will have a variant in a Build Fighters spin off to put out an incomplete version to the general market!

If I were to paint the inner frame of an IBO kit, would that be a massive issue for fitting it together or attaching the exterior armour? I'm trying to figure the best option besides leaving it untouched. Would I need to mask every peg?