Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Wheany posted:

Btw, love to start the game in the morning and then waiting 5 minutes for all the notifications about friends opening and sending gifts and low motivation pokemon to clear

I've been told that if you open the News page first thing it marks all the notifications as read and stops them from appearing. I haven't fully tested it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Wheany posted:

I guess people aren't trading enough? First they introduced lucky pokemon, and had the double trading candy event, now this.

After my wife and I go out we trade to try and get lucky Pokemon. I've done a ton of trades with her. I tried to trade her my Mewtwo but she ain't got no drat dust.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

Literally no one who makes this game actually plays this game. You can tell they absolutely do not dogfood it whatsoever. They make the most user-unfriendly changes so often.

New slang? What does it mean?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Robokomodo posted:

New slang? What does it mean?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

It means using your own product internally

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I would like to take this time to thank the Bowmore Kanga Company for their location and endorse their services. I'm puttin Kangas in the gyms all over downtown. Or at least 5 of them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oyster posted:

I would like to take this time to thank the Bowmore Kanga Company for their location and endorse their services. I'm puttin Kangas in the gyms all over downtown. Or at least 5 of them.
:tipshat: no worries

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I need some friends for my Celebi quest. My code is 7540 5223 4763 please ignore my character's grotesque appearance I will give you gifts if I can.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Some nerds on Reddit reminded me that leveling Legendaries is candy-gated instead of Stardust, so I shouldn't make them Lucky. I found a Machop nest thanks to Silph Road and now I have 2 Luckies. :waycool:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Wheany posted:

Speaking of being a weird angry nerd over a video game: there was a gym on my way to work with 6 pokemon, all with 0 motivation, all had been on the gym for more than 10 hours. It's not even 8 in the morning yet. Perfect! I'm going to liberate those coins. No need to thank me :dings:.

The first 3 mons were blissey, dragonite and snorlax, with the blissey and snorlax clearly being the same player on two accounts due to the similar names. Someone feeds a golden razzberry to the last mon, an alolan exeggutor. Like come on, what is that supposed to accomplish except make me post about it on the internet?

They probably didn't get the notification until all they had time to berry was the talltree.

I have berried one mon hard, but only when A. I just threw the drat thing in and B. I'm very close to gold on the gym.

This lucky thing is kind of stupid if you already have more than 10. Even my kid's worefully neglected account already has more than 10, because he keeps hoping I'll give him my golden pooch.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago

FistEnergy posted:

Some nerds on Reddit reminded me that leveling Legendaries is candy-gated instead of Stardust, so I shouldn't make them Lucky. I found a Machop nest thanks to Silph Road and now I have 2 Luckies. :waycool:

Dust is dust anywhere you spend it. If you're candy poor for legendaries, sure get lucky of other ones. I just want luckies of stuff I'll use.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I need some friends for my Celebi quest. My code is 7540 5223 4763 please ignore my character's grotesque appearance I will give you gifts if I can.

I added you, need a few people to add me as well: 0260 9535 7985. Thanks!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What are good movesets for Mewtwo? Just go double psychic? I am seeing some things about using shadow ball

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What are good movesets for Mewtwo? Just go double psychic? I am seeing some things about using shadow ball

Pure DPS is supposed to be Confusion Shadow Ball, but I like Psycho Cut better than Confusion. So I have one of each maxed (I have a 100% and a 98% maxed out).

There is argument for Focus Blast MewTwo as well, if you don't have strong MaChamps. But I got 6 maxed 100% MaChamps. As well, you could go Psychic too, if you are weak with those types, but my psychic team is solid as well, so Shadow Ball it is for me.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Depends on what you do most between taking gyms down and raiding. And if raiding, what do you usually chase?

Focus Blast: My personal choice because it's good for common gym defenders (vs Blissey/Snorlax/Tyranitar) and recently good for the Regi raids. Good for raiding dark type things (Tyranitar/Absol/Mawile) but be careful because Mewtwo's just as weak to dark type attacks.

Shadow Ball: Arguably better because it has two bars and also super effective against dark types, also really good against Mewtwo itself in EX raids. Outside of this, you seldom see dark or ghost type in gyms that can't be taken out with something better.

Psychic: There's hardly ever any in-demand raids that are fighting or poison type that warrants psychic Pokemon. That said, Mewtwo has STAB damage using psychic moves for general dps. I changed one of my high Mewtwo to double psychic as part of my Machamp soloing team because I powered up enough Machamp to deal with the Blissey/Snorlax in gyms. I've been using my daily free pass on Machamp raids instead because I don't want anymore Regis.

Hyper Beam: no

Fast move: Either is alright, not too much you can do to go wrong. Confusion is slower but higher dps. Psycho Cut is faster and earns energy for your charge move faster instead. For raids you might want Psycho Cut since Mewtwo's a glass cannon and it's better to earn energy to fire off more charge moves before they die. If you think you'll use Mewtwo as Blissey/Snorlax gym killers more often though, Confusion would be better.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 6, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ghost typing is such a letdown in this game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I finally got a Chancey and now can't decide if I want to blow all my candy to level it up or if I want to hold onto it for evolution.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

IcePhoenix posted:

I finally got a Chancey and now can't decide if I want to blow all my candy to level it up or if I want to hold onto it for evolution.

Blisseys are such gigantic assholes that I would say it's worth it to wait for the evolution. What is your rare candy stash like and how close would that put you to evolving it?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Obviously its your candy and you can do what you want with it, but using rare candy on a blissey feels like a waste when legendary candy is much harder to come by.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Obviously its your candy and you can do what you want with it, but using rare candy on a blissey feels like a waste when legendary candy is much harder to come by.

On the one hand, yes, probably best spent on a Ho-Oh, Moltres, or Mewtwo. On the other hand, both our work offices sit atop three gyms that see daily raid opportunities for additional rare candies. :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Siets posted:

On the one hand, yes, probably best spent on a Ho-Oh, Moltres, or Mewtwo. On the other hand, both our work offices sit atop three gyms that see daily raid opportunities for additional rare candies. :v:

:v::hf::v:

Also to answer the previous question, I currently have 0 rare candy and 28 chansey candy because I just immediately converted all the candy I had been saving.

seiferguy posted:

Legendaries for me are just sort of a "collect to have it" thing in this game since I can't leave them in gyms.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So so so sick of the loving popups!

Anyone else been finding a lot more Spinda 3 tasks than 8?

Also, got my excellent curveball on a Spinda 3. I had been trying all day on the usual mon then hit that fucker last night in the bathroom. I almost screamed because just hitting any curveball is not a promise for me.

Now to find 30 Roselia....there's no Abra around and I cannot think of any other psychic that nest, Jynx?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
What about Natu? Is it common where you live?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
To anyone I'm getting Kanga's for that also asked me for Volbeat (I have confused all the messages and I don't know who is who now), I'm not going to be able to get Volbeat because it only comes out in sun showers and the weather where I am is looking sunny for the foreseeable future, I'm sorry for saying that I could get them!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else been finding a lot more Spinda 3 tasks than 8?

Well, I didn't find any Spinda 8 last month and already have two Spinda 3. So yes.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Wtf is this quest

Pinap berries aren't that rare/valuable.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Hey, anyone here from Seattle? My GF and I are here for a week and we’re looking for a place to raid for the whole period on Saturday. Would like to go downtown probably. Any recommend some discord’s with a path other people will be following?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I wish the 50 gold per day limit was counted weekly. Some of the gyms near me are high turnover and it’s fun to fight for them, support my team etc. But there’s one gym near me that I guess isn’t on anyone else’s walking route so I regularly have the only Pokemon in it for 30 or more hours until someone knocks it over. Sometimes that guy earns me 50 gold and sometimes he brings home nothing and it’s entirely down to luck of what’s happening at other gyms when another team gets around to ousting him. He deserves better. He worked hard!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

Legendaries for me are just sort of a "collect to have it" thing in this game since I can't leave them in gyms.

Legendaries are usually the best attackers in the game. Mewtwo, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre are currently the best attackers in their category. What you leave in gyms isn't too big of a deal unless it's a super high turnover gym. They're absolutely worth powering up if you do raiding.

Now the current legendary is definitely a "nice to have" because there is no place in the meta for the Regi trio.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Open your News -> Notifications list and it will mark them all as read.

They really need to add in the ability to swipe away notifications and customize what actually appears.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am getting psyched for Moltres Day.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I am getting psyched for Moltres Day.

I'm curious to see when EX passes go out, because if they're even a few minutes late on that (passes usually go out 10:55 AM PDT, and Moltres raids start at 11 AM on all gyms in the Americas) then pretty much all of North/South America is getting clockblocked at the same time.

I almost want it to happen so Niantic finally acknowledges the issue.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DizzyBum posted:

I'm curious to see when EX passes go out, because if they're even a few minutes late on that (passes usually go out 10:55 AM PDT, and Moltres raids start at 11 AM on all gyms in the Americas) then pretty much all of North/South America is getting clockblocked at the same time.

I almost want it to happen so Niantic finally acknowledges the issue.

It's been two weeks, would not surprise me if passes went out Sunday for Monday EX Raids.

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

bowmore posted:

To anyone I'm getting Kanga's for that also asked me for Volbeat (I have confused all the messages and I don't know who is who now), I'm not going to be able to get Volbeat because it only comes out in sun showers and the weather where I am is looking sunny for the foreseeable future, I'm sorry for saying that I could get them!

No problem! Thank you so much for the help. If you want more Tauroses or any random NY mons for trading just let me know :) My account is Fatgoon

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Yeah thanks Bowmore I'm about to log in and see what Goon Santa caught for me :dance:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yo I need a few friends

8264 4918 3757

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

I guess the question now is, who can catch us Relicanth, Heracross and Corsola?

Edit: and Tropius and Torkoal

Kowak fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 7, 2018

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Kowak posted:

I guess the question now is, who can catch us Relicanth, Heracross and Corsola?

Edit: and Tropius and Torkoal

I've been working on a second account during the dust event specifically for some generous soul with access to Trophius or Relicanth. Up to 200k dust now with a bunch of Tauros, Illuminse, Seviper and even a Lunatone so far.

Hit me up, foreign friends.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Tropius is not rare in Europe, many people go on holiday in Malaga or the Canary Islands or Malta or Crete or Cyprus or Israel and are willing to trade them. Relicanth and Torkoal are the real problem.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Entropist posted:

Tropius is not rare in Europe, many people go on holiday in Malaga or the Canary Islands or Malta or Crete or Cyprus or Israel and are willing to trade them. Relicanth and Torkoal are the real problem.

Torkoal shouldn’t be a problem because of GoFest. I got mine traded from a girl who went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Heracross is super common in South Florida, I could catch them.

How would that work, though? Get a second account up to level 10 and let other people log into it to trade to themselves locally?

• Locked thread