Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Black Feather posted:

I seem to be the only person who isn't looking forward to PVP.

PVP is either going to have rewards, in which people will complain that they're forced to do it, or it will be "for fun" in which case people will complain that it's useless.

Plus battling in PoGo is boring as hell to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Windy weather boost is such a tease. I think I’ll get some abras, dratinis, and beldums, but in reality is just boosted pidgeys and natus in addition to the regular rattatas and whismurs.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

At least natus count for the quest. I'm loving those little bird balls at the moment.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Trading is weird. I met with a dude who was walking Mareep (he missed the event) and was so bummed about not having an Ampharos. I told him I'd trade him one of my spares for whatever extra mon he had (he had a single sunglasses Wartortle but I told him to save it for a better trade later), and we got luckys from it, but he was very meh about the entire thing, didn't even thank me.

Compared to an older lady who wanted a sloth, and lost her poo poo when I said I'd trade her one for a Pidgey, and about broke my ribs hugging me after. Or my coworker who really wanted an Alohan Marowak but couldn't raid, and he was so drat happy when I traded him for something small. gently caress, my friend about cried when I traded her a Alohan Vulpix for something garbage because she really wanted one and hadn't hatched any out of something like 40 eggs, and I had hatched 2-3 before they went super rare.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I only want PVP because I feel like tournaments would follow suit. I'm already buying components for my villain attire.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Trading is weird. I met with a dude who was walking Mareep (he missed the event) and was so bummed about not having an Ampharos. I told him I'd trade him one of my spares for whatever extra mon he had (he had a single sunglasses Wartortle but I told him to save it for a better trade later), and we got luckys from it, but he was very meh about the entire thing, didn't even thank me.

Compared to an older lady who wanted a sloth, and lost her poo poo when I said I'd trade her one for a Pidgey, and about broke my ribs hugging me after. Or my coworker who really wanted an Alohan Marowak but couldn't raid, and he was so drat happy when I traded him for something small. gently caress, my friend about cried when I traded her a Alohan Vulpix for something garbage because she really wanted one and hadn't hatched any out of something like 40 eggs, and I had hatched 2-3 before they went super rare.

Trading is not weird. People are weird.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snowy posted:

Ok I got a Tauros, if you’d like the account email me awfulnewyork@gmail.com

I’ve been wanting that Kangaskhan for a while :hellyeah:
email sent

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I'm shocked people think PVP will be boring. Yeah, it'll just be who can out-dodge swipe and who can dish out fast-attacks the best; that's boring if you're remote battling in your home, but odds are it'll be a close-proximity, face-to-face encounter. And whoooo-boy the various emotions that will flow through a bunch of nerds who can't handle confrontation when I beat them with a team of Spindas. Basically:

DizzyBum posted:

People are weird.

And that's the fun!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

Girlfriend went to Ireland, so I gave her my account. She caught me Volbeat and Mr. Mime on the first day :hellyeah:

Trade me a Volbeat, I will even drive up to Seattle <3

We're Ultra Friends! It will be cheap!

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I know that PVP will probably just be a 2-way DPS mash fest because Niantic doesn't really have any vision. I would love if PVP was a turn based thing in the overall style of the original games. I know that would involve loving with the meta to a degree they wouldn't be interested in (they won't even fix glitch deaths) but I think that would make PVP way more interesting. A diversity of attacks, elements from the other games that haven't even bee sniffed at in this game.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I don't see how PvP can be engaging under the current system. Maybe a good time to rework the entire battle system though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can get Volbeats as well as Kangas if anyone wants them

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kanga’s are bloody pests down here

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

bowmore posted:

I'd love a kanga for myself and my wife.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
quote isn’t edit

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

PM your account details or email bowmore23@gmail.com and i’ll hook you up

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

bowmore posted:

Kanga’s are bloody pests down here

Art imitates life.
(That's true but at least they are good for throwing quests.)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Checking the Health app since picking up Pokemon Go again sure is something.

6km a day, 6km a day, 6km a day...

...11.8km, 11.4km, 11.4km, 11.6km. :stare:
(roughly 7 miles a day for the Americans in the thread)

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I'm loading up an account with Tauros, seviper, and illumise if anyone's interested in a swap.

If anyone has relicanth, tropius, kanga, and Corsola it would be much appreciated. I think I have all the others lined up already. I don't mind catching NA regionals occasionally, but getting dust is going to be up to the person trading with themselves for the most part.

This makes me remember the goon Diablo group that would chuck all the rare items on the ground and let it be up for grabs.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Thinking about it, trying to trade doesn't make much sense, it takes too long and there's the chance of our main accounts getting messed up.
I've reactivated a burner account I was fooling around with a couple of months ago. That way if someone is willing they can catch regionals for me on it and I can trade back to myself at some point in the future.
I'm also willing to catch stuff if people want, although the Canadian regionals aren't as sexy as the rest of the world.

Edit: doing good in the name of regionals https://imgur.com/a/OAwTmJr

Kowak fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 5, 2018

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

A non-zero number of people are going to get murdered because they accidentally PvPed some unhinged neckbeard that can't handle losing.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Speaking of being a weird angry nerd over a video game: there was a gym on my way to work with 6 pokemon, all with 0 motivation, all had been on the gym for more than 10 hours. It's not even 8 in the morning yet. Perfect! I'm going to liberate those coins. No need to thank me :dings:.

The first 3 mons were blissey, dragonite and snorlax, with the blissey and snorlax clearly being the same player on two accounts due to the similar names. Someone feeds a golden razzberry to the last mon, an alolan exeggutor. Like come on, what is that supposed to accomplish except make me post about it on the internet?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

kensei posted:

Trade me a Volbeat, I will even drive up to Seattle <3

We're Ultra Friends! It will be cheap!

I told her if she found another to catch one since I knew it was a hot commodity. If she gets another, it's all yours whenever you're up here next :) (or if I'm in Portland, which i haven't gone down to in awhile)

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Wheany posted:

Speaking of being a weird angry nerd over a video game: there was a gym on my way to work with 6 pokemon, all with 0 motivation, all had been on the gym for more than 10 hours. It's not even 8 in the morning yet. Perfect! I'm going to liberate those coins. No need to thank me :dings:.

The first 3 mons were blissey, dragonite and snorlax, with the blissey and snorlax clearly being the same player on two accounts due to the similar names. Someone feeds a golden razzberry to the last mon, an alolan exeggutor. Like come on, what is that supposed to accomplish except make me post about it on the internet?
There's a maniac in our local raid group who golden razzed a gym we were knocking down long enough for him to haul rear end to the gym and scream at us about knocking over gyms and saying he was going to call the police because we were parked at a closed custard stand. That was quite aggressive.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I generally limit myself to attacking gyms where the defenders have been for over 8 hours, unless I can see that the same players are on multiple nearby gyms. And my aggression/effort level is also very dependent on how many coins I've collected today.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

bowmore posted:

I’ll take both. Can you fly to Indiana too?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Sup non Texas pokegoons. My burner account has a buttload of Tauros and I don’t care what you trade me in exchange. I can share log in details, or spoof to your location. Just send me PMs to set up trades.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
SF Bay Area checking in. Currently in the EU and filling up with mimes and bugs. Looking for Tropius, Kangaskhan, Torkoal, Relicanth, or Alolan Marowak, but I'll trade for Pidgeys. Oh and Regirock because raids are hard to find. Or unown.

I'll also be in NYC from the 11th to the 14th, but that would have to be a non-pidgey trade because that's a fuckload of dust.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone has a burner account and they want me to catch a Kanga for them just send me a PM or email me (in an earlier post)

I’m doing it for four people at the moment so you might have to wait a few days but I’m happy to do it, it’ll take longer if you want volbeat because they are pretty elusive

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Also, I had no cell service in Pompeii, so I'll never know if plaster casts of people who died horrible deaths would give me pokeballs.

Tomorrow's Vatican city. :getin:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I went to Dragon Con this weekend, and I gotta say, for a 'dead' game, there were a ton of people willing to trade me regionals.

Now thanks to that, I finally have all the OG 151, plus a few other very rare regionals.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I went to Dragon Con this weekend, and I gotta say, for a 'dead' game, there were a ton of people willing to trade me regionals.

Now thanks to that, I finally have all the OG 151, plus a few other very rare regionals.

Amazing naming sense you have.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I love this game, while out walking to the post office this morning a guy from my church veered across the street to me, jumped out of his car and said "quick! I need to make a trade for research and I want to do it while my lucky egg is still active!" You'd think I had the life-saving antidote to a poison, but no, we just swapped Eevees

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone in NZ or Africa? I kind of want to create a separate account to have people catch regionals then become friends with everyone to trade around like that goon suggested earlier.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
We just received our gotchas and I have to say the little thing is pretty awesome. It's absolutely hoovering up stuff during my commute and while I'm at work, plus it seems to keep distance tracking better.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I dusted off my go+ this morning, tried to catch some things. After 30 failed catches, I figured I had some horrible luck only to find out that my girlfriend had logged in half an hour prior to catch me a Volbeat, so I was soft banned. Oops!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Your name game's on point.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I tried to solo Machamp which is supposed to be an easy three skull solo raid. Level 38 with two level maxed Espeon, two maxed alakazams, maxed dragonite, and my mewtwo for good measure. Could only get to 20% hp left before getting all six knocked out. Dodging dynamic punch is hard because its so fast.

My question is, why am I so bad at video games?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Heffer posted:

I tried to solo Machamp which is supposed to be an easy three skull solo raid. Level 38 with two level maxed Espeon, two maxed alakazams, maxed dragonite, and my mewtwo for good measure. Could only get to 20% hp left before getting all six knocked out. Dodging dynamic punch is hard because its so fast.

Um, I could be wrong, but I believe that even in a single-person raid you can jump back in with a second team of six, as long as there's time left on the clock. Not sure if you'd have time to max-revive your team and try again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Heffer posted:

Weather might have been boosting him

• Locked thread