Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Popero posted:

It's too bad Scottie's crush on Haleigh won't allow him to see just how full of poo poo she was in that goodbye message. He has to know that she is in complete control of Fessy and if she wanted to have saved Scottie, she could have. Total nonsense from her there.

Least consequential battle back ever?

Probably least consequential but I'm thankful that it (hopefully) will give us one more week of one of the more interesting personalities back in the house. We're like 30 episodes in and tonight was like the first time we saw ANY inter-Level 6 politicking and it was the most boring 10 minutes in television history. I'll give anything to delay the inevitability of those idiots being the only ones on the show.

(I know, I know, with Foutte's luck Haleigh will win HoH, evict Sam, and she'll be the one to come back and then immediately get evicted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pillowpants posted:

What happened pre eviction? This didn’t record tonight

Scottie and Sam tried to convince Fessy to backdoor Haleigh as a desperate move of getting someone Scottie could beat up. They said she was playing Fessy and Scottie called her "Kaitlyn 2.0". Fessy "WTF?!"ed and told Haleigh. Haleigh cried about Scottie's betrayal to LvT. Scottie confessed what he did out of guilt and apologized to Haleigh. Then Scottie tried to get Fessy to put Sam up and threw her under the bus as playing everyone in the POV Ceremony but Brett obviously used the POV on himself after some douchiness and Fessy put up Kaycee as a pawn.

Brett set the oven on fire and then seemed to struggle to use a fire extinguisher so Sam put it out. Are coffee grounds flammable?

Tyler and Angela made a F4 deal with Fessy and Haleigh. Tyler discussed how he has a F2 or F4 with everyone left in the house which could be good or could be really bad. We saw footage of him securing JC and Kaycee of their F2s and he said he wants Angela out in 4th place, JC out 3rd, and thinks he can beat Kaycee. He and Angela agree its in their best interests to not win HOH and kind of ride the Fessy/Haleigh deal for a little while.

Scottie apologized in his Eviction speech for panicking, behaving immaturely, and hurting people he cares about.

mancalamania posted:

(I know, I know, with Foutte's luck Haleigh will win HoH, evict Sam, and she'll be the one to come back and then immediately get evicted)

I say 50% chance Sam goes home this week and she or Scottie return and gun for Haleigh/Fessy.
50% Fessy or Haleigh gets evicted and comes back and the two of them have a chance for a revenge run.
These numbers aren't real math.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 24, 2018

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

So, the Jury Resurrection Twist is just a way to force a Double Eviction episode this season because of Kaitlyn's gently caress-up on completing her side of the deal?
I think so.

Hopefully, Bay resurrects because she might be the most woke by now or literally insane (and pregnant).
Either way, good teevee.

They've had to have kept the jurors apart from each other up until now so no one could compare notes.
Jury House will start loading up after next week's eviction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think they sequester the jurors away from each other even with a buyback. I don't remember what happened with Victor but pretty sure Nicole and Hayden were hooking up in Jury before she came back and Judd had compared notes with people. Truthfully the only jury segments I remember are people going off on Paulie but I'm pretty sure about the Nicole one at least.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Victor was isolated for sure before his resurrection because it was still pre-jury.
He mentioned something to that effect on Rob Has A Podcast being bored out of his skull watching DVD movies in a hotel for weeks on end before his re-entrance.

Based on nothing, I think the soon to be first four jurors are being kept separate and will group up after this jury twist is done.
And then we'll get the Jury House checkins.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I gotta say, going back and watching everyone look at the memory wall immediately after Scottie left, Fessy really had no clue how to read a room. Yelling "Final 8!" while everyone was hugging and some were clearly upset about him going.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, someone always awkwardly does that. Besides, most of those people were just being fake and hated Scottie. And the ones who didn't had conflicted emotions about him throwing them under the bus this week.

Robnoxious posted:

Victor was isolated for sure before his resurrection because it was still pre-jury.
He mentioned something to that effect on Rob Has A Podcast being bored out of his skull watching DVD movies in a hotel for weeks on end before his re-entrance.

Based on nothing, I think the soon to be first four jurors are being kept separate and will group up after this jury twist is done.
And then we'll get the Jury House checkins.

Victor returned twice, though, once pre-Jury and once in Jury. But now that I think about it I think he was the last Juror evicted so he never actually left the studio or went to the Jury House. So I'd guess that Scottie, Rock, and Bayleigh go to Jury House and whoever gets evicted this week just bounces back in.

But I guess a lot of that depends on what the Battle Back is. I guess if they do one like Victor's 1st or Cody's with individual battles they could be sequestered. But if its like Victor's 2nd or Judd's and they're just on a Wall or something I think they go to Jury House.

But what do I know?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I hope Angela puts up Fessy and Hayleigh. I like them both, but I want them to know what a dumb move it was to put you Scottie.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

#angler

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

"I didn't see this one coming at all" -Fessy, every single week

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I wonder how Hayleigh would have played if she didn’t align herself with some terrible players like Rockstar, Bayleigh, Kaitlin, and Fessy? I guess Level 6 is equally inept, but at least they’ve been on the same page all season (with the exception of when they viciously voted Rachel).

Mind you, no one knows that it’s a Battle Back this week. This could be interesting. However, my guess is that next week, they’ll be in the same spot.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tyler is going to throw his whole game away, isn't he.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

^burtle posted:

Tyler is going to throw his whole game away, isn't he.
I duuno how, everyone seems to want to fall on their sword rather than go after him.
Dude has this on cruise control from where I sit.
Haleigh was the only one who tried to bounce Tyler but Twisty McTwisty Twist got in the way

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What do you mean? wasn’t the twist what got Tyler on the block? Then when Haleigh won HOH she put up Kaycee and Angela, and wasn’t even going to backdoor Tyler, who won veto anyway. and when Fessy won HOH after that they again didn’t target Tyler and instead made an alliance with him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No, Tyler was 100% Haleigh's backdoor target her HOH week. She just didn't want to give him a chance at POV after the Hacker debacle.

Fessy's targets were initially Tyler, Brett, and Scottie. Haleigh was trying to push him towards Brett/Tyler while JC was trying to push him to Scottie. JC ultimately won that fight because he's incessant while Haliegh is too passive and Scottie seems unable to conceive that people might find his actions suspicious. The Tyler/Angela deal just kind of developed as a natural course of "Whelp, I backstabbed Scottie so I guess I gotta get him out so I can't put Tyler up and might as well cut a deal."

That being said, it wasn't the Hacker that saved Tyler. Rockstar blew OTEV and even if she hadn't he would have used his Cloud. And even if he didn't he would have stayed and Angela or Kaycee would have gone.

edit: Upon further reflection I'm not 100% sure that Tyler would have stayed over Kaycee given the Hacker. If Kaycee had gone into business for herself she would have had a lot of dirt on Tyler and the ability to cancel a vote, which should have naturally been JC in that case. I think Angela would have chosen to keep Tyler over Angela but I can't be sure of that. Scottie and Sam are wild cards. And Tyler has shown a tendency to panic a little under stress so I'm not sure how he would have played actually being on the block. It would have been interesting.

But in BB20 we don't get interesting game situations.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 29, 2018

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
This jury battle back is really going to deflate this season even more than FOUTE's stupidity already has. The only thing left to see this season is Tyler's alliance and JC turn on each other, but we are going to waste another week taking the numbers in the house from 6-1 to 6-2, and back to 6-1.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TyrantWD posted:

This jury battle back is really going to deflate this season even more than FOUTE's stupidity already has. The only thing left to see this season is Tyler's alliance and JC turn on each other, but we are going to waste another week taking the numbers in the house from 6-1 to 6-2, and back to 6-1.

Yep. Watching Fessy or Scotty come back, be on the bottom of the house, and then get voted out again will not be compelling tv.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Scottie coming back could be the most interesting. Obviously because Fessy would cry about Scottie being alone in the house with Haleigh, but also because it opens up a lot of stuff for Brett... he could keep up his plan with JC to target Kaycee/Angela, and then also make an alliance with Haleigh and Scottie to do something similar. That way he'd have some people that can win comps on his side and that could be bigger targets, it might actually make the Level 6 war just as interesting.

I think Fessy and Rockstar would be a week-long revolving door. Bayleigh coming back who knows, she's been gone for a month.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Scottie getting back in = :dance:

Scottie saying he'll team up with Tyler = :ughh:

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

Scottie getting back in = :dance:

Scottie saying he'll team up with Tyler = :ughh:

That is actually Scottie's only chance, although I doubt it will work. I expect that Tyler is going to want to go to the end with people who are bad at challenges.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

The worst person won :(

Seems inevitable that Tyler will continue to roll along to win this season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It would have been interesting to see Hayleigh or Scottie to win.

Nevertheless...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Boy, no one gives a poo poo anymore.

I am hoping Angela can somehow win so that I can win my work pool. Other than that, I have no real interest. Kind of reminds me when I had to stop watching BB15 towards the end. I hated that cast, but I can’t remember why.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Because they behaved vilely. From constant racism to bullying to flipping over people's beds and trashing their stuff to calling them sluts and berating them to screaming at them like crazy people to attacking their children and family members. Somehow from BB15 I learned that someone thought of the insult "you should be raped by a frozen poo poo dildo."

I'm right now catching up on the last four episodes because I just had no interest in them and it's a slog. Like I never liked L6 so obviously I have my own biases, but smugness is rarely fun to watch and the only real game drama seems to be Tyler juggling all his F2s as no one else seems to be doing much. JC is the closest and he went out of his way to evict one of his closest allies last week and seems out of room to maneuver now that he's effectively done L6's dirty work.

The alien POV was pretty cool though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah JC has cornered his self here and after Fessy’s hoh I lost a lot of steam for this season. I may check in once L6 finally takes shots at each other.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

The battle back week was really a wet blanket. There was no hope for any person coming back and delayed the l6 breakup another week

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The real hassle is with Sam and Haleigh that moment probably doesn't come after this week either. Even a Double Eviction probably won't help since they'll probably target JC. So I don't think we're getting L6 turning on each other. They're going to F5 together at least, if not F4. I think Brett's just gonna get picked off if he can't win out and Angela and Kaycee will live at the mercy of F3 HOH.

No one seems remotely interested in taking a strike at Tyler. Which is the only way things actually get interesting.

Best case scenario JC wins and takes a shot at Kaycee/Angela, I guess. But I don't think that will actually be terribly interesting. Theyll both bank on Tyler and he'll blindside one of them. The only game left is seeing how bitter the jury is.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 5, 2018

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tyler's a sociopath, I love it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Scottie: Everyone in the Jury hates you.
Brett: Ohh...
Scottie: But they hate Angela more.
Brett: Hmm... I should evict Angela to make the jury happy, but definitely not think about sitting next to her at the end. But I won't actually do it, I'll try and get JC to do it and keep my hands clean even though then he'd get the credit. Oh, and I'll convince him to backdoor her even though Level Six would then have the votes to keep her unless I flip on them then taking the heat anyway.

I'm not sure I'm following Brett's reasoning on this.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I missed the first half hour. Did I miss anything?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Twin Cinema posted:

Derrick from season 16 gave his analysis of the season. That’s literally how much gameplay footage they had to show

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man. Tyler has REALLY mismanaged the jury. I'm really starting to think he's gonna lose not because the jury hates him but because they straight don't respect him. He's done such a good job selling himself as a mealy mouthed passive pushover tool they all bought in.

Twin Cinema posted:

Tyler wants Haleigh out but everyone else wanted Scottie out and he got annoyed that Haleigh was campaigning to stay and knew he was full of poo poo. Tyler and Angela got half way to first base. They keep lying to everyone that they're not showmancing. JC and Brett think they're idiots for trying. Scottie told Brett that the Jury hated his goodbye messages but hated Angela's more, so Brett decided getting Angela out might gain him points but doesn't want to turn on L4 himself so just tried to convince JC (but also argued that he should backdoor her which would make it a lot harder). JC had trouble saying words. Derrick showed up to fill time because nooooooooothing is happening.

So no, not really.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

This is a good interview. Scott's got some good points, but he comes off as entitled.

STAC Goat posted:

Scottie: Everyone in the Jury hates you.
Brett: Ohh...
Scottie: But they hate Angela more.
Brett: Hmm... I should evict Angela to make the jury happy, but definitely not think about sitting next to her at the end. But I won't actually do it, I'll try and get JC to do it and keep my hands clean even though then he'd get the credit. Oh, and I'll convince him to backdoor her even though Level Six would then have the votes to keep her unless I flip on them then taking the heat anyway.

I'm not sure I'm following Brett's reasoning on this.

Brett's smart, but he doesn't know how to play this game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

pospysyl posted:

Brett's smart, but he doesn't know how to play this game.

I've never been terribly convinced about the "smart" part but I still think Brett's main problems are the problems he had at the start of the season.

1) He's one of those "how come everyone calls me an rear end in a top hat?" types who can't grasp "maybe its you." Self awareness is a useful trait in the BB House.

2) He's so confidant about his charm and salesmanship that he thinks he can talk his way out of anything no matter how many times it doesn't work and someone has to bail him out.

So I just assume he thinks he can talk his way out of his Jury trouble and an Angela blindside like he's been trying/doing all season. He just doesn't grasp that surviving and winning are different and his behavior has taken a toll.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaycee's been building up her Jury Resume really quickly the last few weeks and is starting to feel like a genuine jury threat with the way Tyler, Angela, and Brett are handling the Jury.

But now she's gonna have to backstab some people and mess a lot of that up.

She's also got ZERO interest in shaking poo poo up so Sam/Haleigh noms almost definitely and nothing interesting at all. And I doubt JC or Brett even try and suggest taking a shot at Angela. So another very boring week. But hey, its gonna get interesting to see them turn on each other any week now, right?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I sure wish the Hacker twist had never happened or Haleigh was correctly awarded HoH this week or Kaitlyn had solved that puzzle or Haleigh didn't drink wine that night or Rockstar didn't tell Tyler the Otev answer or... :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It really is remarkable how many small things happened that if you change like just one of them it could have totally changed this season. I mean, every season involves a fair share of dumb luck but this cast has basically been stepping on rake after rake.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

mancalamania posted:

Haleigh didn't drink wine that night

???

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mancalamania posted:

I sure wish the Hacker twist had never happened or Haleigh was correctly awarded HoH this week or Kaitlyn had solved that puzzle or Haleigh didn't drink wine that night or Rockstar didn't tell Tyler the Otev answer or... :(

Why?

The alliance who lost deserved to lose, they were all terribly stupid and terrible at the game. Swaggy C was a complete idiot, Rockstar was a complete idiot and useless at the game. Fessy was probably the dumbest person ever to be on Big Brother. Scotty was terrible at the game, Bayleigh was not good. With such a cluster of low intelligence all in one spot, it was inevitable they would lose, and that's what happened. Every week these dummies had no idea who was going home and were startled by the results of the vote.

Level 6 players are not great geniuses, but compared to the other side they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Because it's a TV show and that would have made things more interesting to watch.

• Locked thread