Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'm 43 minutes into this and I think DDP is a good dude but gently caress EVERY time he's on a podcast he only talks about his yoga the whole time, he probably has so many cool stories and I have to hear the same shill every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

I'm 43 minutes into this and I think DDP is a good dude but gently caress EVERY time he's on a podcast he only talks about his yoga the whole time, he probably has so many cool stories and I have to hear the same shill every time

Fast forward a bit. They get into some wrestling talk, and Joe laughs his rear end off at a video of a very 80’s DDP cutting promos for made up wrestlers before he got hired by the AWA to be a manager.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

this ny pol is gonna cause the fcc and fec to regulate youtube and podcasts

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Grant DaNasty posted:

Fast forward a bit. They get into some wrestling talk, and Joe laughs his rear end off at a video of a very 80’s DDP cutting promos for made up wrestlers before he got hired by the AWA to be a manager.

the final 1/3 of the podcast was a lot better

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

An Apple A Gay posted:

this ny pol is gonna cause the fcc and fec to regulate youtube and podcasts

Does that mean podcasts will now have to show people with one foot on the floor during bedroom scenes? Or separate beds?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The Elon Musk podcast would be way more fun if Joe hadn’t recently lapsed from moon landing denial.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Joe just bullied Elon into smoking a joint

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

sound about rite did he get in the tank too

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Elon: “How often do people really think about chimps? How often do you?”

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yeah that was peak jre close the thread

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
drat Tesla is down 5% today. Crazy world we live in

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Nice going Joe.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Between Roseanne (who cancelled) and Elon, JRE is on the critical path of public flameout.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

FYI the "Piss on Me, Beat Me" socks are now available at the Your Mom's House store

https://merchmethod.com/collections/tom-segura/products/piss-on-me-beat-me-socks

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Get trump on the podcast

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Get trump michael avenatti on the podcast

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Tank your stock by looking like poo poo then buy your company back

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Tesla Chief Accounting Officer Dave Morton resigns after just a month, stock drops 9 percent

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/teslas-chief-accounting-officer-dave-morton-resigns-after-just-a-month.html

Good going Joe. :downsbravo:

Marijuana is perfectly safe.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004
I'm crying laughing at the poor fools in tesla investor relations and corporate pr. Why is he smoking weed and talking chimps with joe rogan the night before his CFO resigns with notice? After recently being sued for being a rogue idiot and a tearful interview about how he was overworked? What a maniac.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Do it ironically posted:

Even in the Jake The Snake documentary (Which, to be fair, DDP was instrumental in aiding him in his recovery) he can't stop pimping Yoga. He jokes that he's a shameless self-promoter, but sometimes he lays it on way too thick.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

KingNastidon posted:

I'm crying laughing at the poor fools in tesla investor relations and corporate pr. Why is he smoking weed and talking chimps with joe rogan the night before his CFO resigns with notice? After recently being sued for being a rogue idiot and a tearful interview about how he was overworked? What a maniac.

Dumping the stock so he can purchase a load back cheaply?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Even in the Jake The Snake documentary (Which, to be fair, DDP was instrumental in aiding him in his recovery) he can't stop pimping Yoga. He jokes that he's a shameless self-promoter, but sometimes he lays it on way too thick.

It's interesting, in a way. On one hand, he's a hardcore self-promoter, yes; he hustles, he's always on-brand. He, like, even made a reality show that's also an ad for his product out of helping his friends with rehab, y'know? On the other hand, the product is pretty good and legitimately improves people's health and if he didn't go through the frankly considerable effort and expense of helping those dudes they'd probably be dead by now. I don't know if any of my family would be like "ok you're moving in with me forever now and we're going to help you when you relapse with alcohol and crack over and over".

Personally, I just try to look at it as an interesting personality quirk.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
DDP seems like a show-boater but he helps people while being a showoff, so he gets a pass. Also Diamond Dallas vs Diamond Dave needs to happen.

e: excellent point

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 9, 2018

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Piquai Souban posted:

Between Roseanne (who cancelled) and Elon, JRE is on the critical path of public flameout.

I don’t understand this comment. It looks like the Elon ep got more views than any others this year?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Piquai Souban meant like when someone with a certain known status who's on "sinking ship" mode when Rogan invites them.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ddp isn't a sleaze

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ddp isn't a sleaze
Yeah, I think I meant more of a show-off. Post has been edited.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Incidentally, this is his viral transformation video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

And this is the recent Rebuild series that he mentioned where he's helping a disabled vet (and a few others):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0kfWx8RWE

It's all pretty impressive.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Tulsi's on, that's hilarious. "Whoa, dude, so you wanna... kill all the Muslims? That's wild. Ever try DMT?"

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Bit late but Jordan Peterson's daughter episode was a ride, really exposes her dad for the hack fraud he is. Decades of medical research overturned by a personal anecdote, it's funny how his followers are IFL science dweebs. The thing that actually made me really made me sad was when she talked about charging desperately sick people for skype consultations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jesus Christ, this interview is a load of gently caress. Only 20 minutes in, and it's...

e: I'm talking about the ex-death row dude

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 12, 2018

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
After listening to that maybe Alex Jones was telling the truth about the chili?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/1040674809003343877

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

nice

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

this is so perfectly rogan

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Morphix posted:

Haha loving hell he's an idiot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah he's tripling down now it's pretty great.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Morphix posted:

I know he's friends with the guy, so grain of salt and all that, but Bill Burr has a lot more "Good ol' days" hangups and whatnot, and I still think he doesn't come up as much as a complete retrograde as this reprobate gently caress-nugget right here.

:ughh:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, I think Rogan's an idiot too, but that seems like selective tweet picking there

https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/1040848858287419392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

bango skank posted:

I mean, I think Rogan's an idiot too, but that seems like selective tweet picking there

how so,

he didn't give any of this awesome context in the podcast that got listened to by however many millions

literally just regurgitating racist conspiracies to a gullible young white male audience that looks up to him like a dad