Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/auto_cynical/status/1036953751939162112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
"Just ignore them."

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
If this is the timeline where the tech bubble pops and brings down the US economy with it due to Joe Rogan handing a blunt to Elan Musk to smoke then I am going to literally laugh myself to death.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

guys guys you're ignoring the huge loving news: scifi magic man will make ghost in the shell real

Call me back elon when my fuckbot can cry.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

OhFunny posted:

If this is the timeline where the tech bubble pops and brings down the US economy with it due to Joe Rogan handing a blunt to Elan Musk to smoke then I am going to literally laugh myself to death.

It would be the only good thing Joe Rogan has ever done, and he'd probably also get killed for it. All in all, a great outcome for humanity as a whole.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
The fanboy forums are so happy right now. They 100% believe the Musk employee email and they think the Semi, the Y, and all the other vaporware are just over the horizon along with all the other secret projects, plus the amazing superpower-giving AI tech. They have forgotten or don't understand that Tesla has already stopped all CapEx and factories for increased production or new products would needed to be well underway by now.

I'm starting to feel bad for them instead of just gleeful. They're just so clueless.

FistEnergy has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Sep 8, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

FistEnergy posted:

all the other vaporware are just preorder the horizon

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
but as far as I'm concerned there can't be a breakthrough in AI until computers know how to feel shame

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is musk trying to claim that its impressive that a car company in 2018 is able to build more cars in a shorter amount of time than the literal first auto assembly line ever, over a hundred years ago

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Sentient Data posted:

guys guys you're ignoring the huge loving news: scifi magic man will make ghost in the shell real

lol he can't even build a car properly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FistEnergy posted:

The fanboy forums are so happy right now. They 100% believe the Musk employee email and they think the Semi, the Y, and all the other vaporware are just order the horizon along with all the other secret projects, plus the amazing superpower-giving AI tech. They have forgotten or don't understand that Tesla has already stopped all CapEx and factories for increased production or new products would needed to be well underway by now.

I'm starting to feel bad for them instead of just gleeful. They're just so clueless.

people are still being strung along by star citizen. musk is going to have sycophants for decades to come no matter what :signings:

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

joe hogan would wear the hat no doubt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ42CLtr7Jg

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
I don't mind musk working on AI. He's too incompetent to make anything that'll rise up and enslave humanity

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he already built a commercially available killer robot, i don't know what else you want

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
dont be ridiculous, the model 3's not commercially viable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the model s is the one that's been racking up the body count thus far

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slugnoid posted:

dont be ridiculous, the model 3's not commercially viable

nice

Also everything musk makes lights on fire

rockets
cars
flamethrowers
factories

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

:nice:

Also everything musk makes lights on fire

rockets
cars
flamethrowers
factories

elon musk, the man who is compuslively drawn to all things tube-shaped and flammable: ive never smoked a blunt

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

spandexcajun posted:

I cleaned up my garage and painted it white in preperation for my Model 3. I got a poster of Nikola Tesla's induction motor patent and framed it and hung it up, along with that cool pic of Nikola Tesla sitting with lighting and his big rear end tesla coil.

I have been thinking of getting a picture of the "spaceman" roadster, with the earth in the background.

Changed my mind, I now want a print of this Elon framed and hung up in my garage!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shear Modulus posted:

elon musk, the man who is compuslively drawn to all things tube-shaped and flammable: ive never smoked a blunt

he should try smokin' dick

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why would you buy the elon musk not flamethrower?

Propane torches aren't flamethrowers. They won't even set most things on fire. Propane torches are commercially available and very inexpensive

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, but this one comes built inside of an already painted nerf gun body!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

gently caress man. He's a technological genius!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shear Modulus posted:

is musk trying to claim that its impressive that a car company in 2018 is able to build more cars in a shorter amount of time than the literal first auto assembly line ever, over a hundred years ago

wow yeah i thought it was just about scaling not literally comparing numbers, that's what he's doing

what the hell is he trying to prove there lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

bring back old gbs posted:

people are still being strung along by star citizen. musk is going to have sycophants for decades to come no matter what :signings:

at least star citizen keeps pumping out jpegs and tech demos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

at least star citizen keeps pumping out jpegs and tech demos

Once Elon gets his neuralink working he can beam the jpegs directly into your brain :aaaaa:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

super advanced tech company in 2018: did you know robots exist????

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

elon musk caughing on that lound cusch blount

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

Airsoft.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Slugnoid posted:

I don't mind musk working on AI. He's too incompetent to make anything that'll rise up and enslave humanity

https://i.imgur.com/3hz1rsR.gifv

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

he should try smokin' dick

Not flammable.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:elongate:
Perfect.

legion989
Jan 18, 2013
Elon: [laughing] The company brought me back. I told you it won't let me leave - it won't let anyone leave. Did you really think you could destroy this company? Its defied space and time. Its built a factory/tent you couldn't possibly imagine. And now... it is time to go back.

Shareholders: [sounding bored] I know. Tesla HQ.

Elon: You know nothing. Tesla is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

2018 has been one long anticipation for disasters to finally hit like trumps investigation or teslas stock or the economy

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sick

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

sure is cool how large/powerful companies never seem to have to follow any federal/state rules ever

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

OhFunny posted:

we all will

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

that song is really fun in rock band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
All of the Boston stuff is great.