Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Set up a dummy account and share details via PM. Play that person's account when you come across whatever they're looking for.

They log back in after waiting a while and build dust to trade to themselves.

Do you also see corsola where you're at?

I think I'm down to needing Tropius, Corsola, and kanga (once my spare is freed up for Bowman to use that one will be done too). Local friends have a few torkoal from go Fest, and heracross from when they went far enough south, or GoFest last year I think.

I can do NA regular regionals too if anyone needs them. Illumise is very common, Tauros pops up occasionally to frequently depending on weather.

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah basically someone just needs to create a dummy account, then it gets passed around like a village bicycle. I log in, catch Tauroses and Illumises, then someone logs in from Europe, trades a Tauros / Illumises to their main account, then catches Volbeat / Mr. Mime, then goes to a NZ guy for Relicanth and so on.

Link it to a dummy account on facebook.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Ahahaha I struck out on checking 100 Eevees on community day but just got a 87% level 31 shiny. Only partially makes up for getting screwed on community day.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

Yeah basically someone just needs to create a dummy account, then it gets passed around like a village bicycle. I log in, catch Tauroses and Illumises, then someone logs in from Europe, trades a Tauros / Illumises to their main account, then catches Volbeat / Mr. Mime, then goes to a NZ guy for Relicanth and so on.

Link it to a dummy account on facebook.

Yeah I am incredibly down for this if someone is going to do it. I mean, poo poo I can do it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Won't that account get banned really quickly

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Beastyfella posted:

Set up a dummy account and share details via PM. Play that person's account when you come across whatever they're looking for.

They log back in after waiting a while and build dust to trade to themselves.

Do you also see corsola where you're at?

I think I'm down to needing Tropius, Corsola, and kanga (once my spare is freed up for Bowman to use that one will be done too). Local friends have a few torkoal from go Fest, and heracross from when they went far enough south, or GoFest last year I think.

I can do NA regular regionals too if anyone needs them. Illumise is very common, Tauros pops up occasionally to frequently depending on weather.

We get Corsola, but they're not nearly as common as Heracross, which seems like wherever you are there's more likely to be one nearby than not.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Just realized I've a 100% IV Larvitar.

Shame I used all my candy on a shiny. :bang:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LumpyGumby posted:

Just realized I've a 100% IV Larvitar.

Shame I used all my candy on a shiny. :bang:

Start walking!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

flatluigi posted:

So long as people don't screw around and log in too fast, no. The game doesn't care if you log off for half a day, then log in elsewhere. I suppose it could look at phone IDs or something, but it sure hasn't yet ever.

I work with people that travel extensively between Indonesia, south America and the US. Sadly they don't play Pogo that I know of.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

flatluigi posted:

If you wait 2 hours between logging in it should be fine. Even if you don't, worst you'll get is a softban.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Great day! Caught the first Luvdisc I've ever seen and then I finally got this beauty:

https://ibb.co/dXT0QU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I am super bummed that the Vatican doesn't have its own designation for Pokemon catch locations.

Still,

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
If you’re not stuffing the Vatican gym full of Miltanks you’re doing it wrong.

At least until we get the Shin Megami Tensei collab adding Mara to Pokémon Go.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Put some Houndooms in there

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
This is obviously an anime far beyond my skill level.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Perfect spot for the 666 Gastly.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
If you trade Pokemon with old movesets, do they keep them? What if they become lucky?

I've never traded before and was just wondering.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Another mail delivery week comes to an end without my Go-tcha arriving. :sigh: Looks like I'll have to spend the weekend playing the game manually like a scrub.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Traded Pokemon keep movesets. Their IVs reroll based on a lower limit defined by your friendship level. Best friend lower limit is 5/5/5. Level will drop if it's more than +2 compared to the person receiving it.

Lucky is random, probably, but influenced by trading older Pokemon...probably. If you have less than 10 Pokemon that are lucky, and trade a July or August 2016 Pokemon to someone, both traded are guaranteed lucky. Base IVs are 12/12/12 now for lucky.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Heracross is super common in South Florida, I could catch them.

How would that work, though? Get a second account up to level 10 and let other people log into it to trade to themselves locally?

If I gave you my second account info sometime next week would you mind catching me at least 2 Heracross? Maybe a Corsola or two if you run across them?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I have discovered that traded Pokemon are 95% poo poo and it's basically just for the extra candy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FistEnergy posted:

I have discovered that traded Pokemon are 95% poo poo and it's basically just for the extra candy

This applies to catching them too

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

FistEnergy posted:

Sometimes it pays though, the first Kangaskhan I traded off my 2nd account to my main is lucky and 15/14/15, 98.7%

But yeah most trades are for the candy grinder

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Fritzler posted:

Hey, anyone here from Seattle? My GF and I are here for a week and we’re looking for a place to raid for the whole period on Saturday. Would like to go downtown probably. Any recommend some discord’s with a path other people will be following?

You're in luck! Here's a post from our local FB page:

and the map:

I won't personally be there but I know the "host" from raiding and he's a pretty cool guy. Counterbalance park is at 700 Queen Anne Ave N. Be on time, be prepared to walk and raid/catch at the same time, and be willing to run if it has bad IVs and they're already at the next raid. Bonus: it takes you through all of downtown. Have fun!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
So the person you live with does something lovely to the neighbors, and in the process of smoothing it over, you find out one of said neighbors is a PoGo player. Is a gift of a Mr. Mime a proper, "I'm sorry, and it won't happen again," gesture?

Asking for a friend.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

So the person you live with does something lovely to the neighbors, and in the process of smoothing it over, you find out one of said neighbors is a PoGo player. Is a gift of a Mr. Mime a proper, "I'm sorry, and it won't happen again," gesture?

Asking for a friend.

As long as you're not in Europe, I say yes.

Offer a slakoth to be sure.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Cowslips Warren posted:

As long as you're not in Europe, I say yes.

Offer a slakoth to be sure.

It's the PNW of the US, and I had to go to Amsterdam to get the Mr. Mimes, so would be of value.

edit: I MEAN, MY FRIEND...ah gently caress it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kowak posted:

If I gave you my second account info sometime next week would you mind catching me at least 2 Heracross? Maybe a Corsola or two if you run across them?

Sure, just Pm me when you want to do it. I can do however many Heracross that you(or for that matter anyone else) wants if you have a mule account. Corsola might be harder but I can give it a shot.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well it looks like we've started a nice chain of regional sharing, which is great. From looking at the list of friend codes, we have a grand total of one person in New Zealand on here though, and I didn't see anybody in the Tropius region, but I'm not really familiar with that boundary line though.

Wish I had more to contribute than common NA regionals, although I'm glad to do so.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Sure, just Pm me when you want to do it. I can do however many Heracross that you(or for that matter anyone else) wants if you have a mule account. Corsola might be harder but I can give it a shot.

I’d love to take you up on this, probably after the weekend if you have the time then?

Beastyfella posted:

I didn't see anybody in the Tropius region, but I'm not really familiar with that boundary line though.

I don’t want to promise anything, but I’m going on holiday to the south coast of Turkey in a week’s time, and the internet suggests there’s a chance of seeing Tropius there. Main priority is my own account and a couple for local trades, but if they do happen to pop up I’ll try to get some on my passaround account too.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Does anyone know what happens if you try to link an email you've tried to a dummy account then deleted to your main account? Does it still let you?

Alternatively I'll make it into a dummy account for Kanga trading

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

It's the PNW of the US, and I had to go to Amsterdam to get the Mr. Mimes, so would be of value.

lol

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

"Hey I'm really sorry about all that stuff that happened but maybe we can work something out"
*Slides over phone with 36cp Mr. Mime on the screen*

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Any DC area goons heard about a possible Unown event similar to what Nashville recently got? Someone in my raid group said she heard one was coming up but was lacking on the details.

But I would totally road trip it from Hampton Roads if it meant scoring a bunch of Unown.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Got 5 Moltres from Moltres day,1 of them shiny, pretty good haul

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Google maps regionals layer

This shows that far southern turkey does get Tropius, but it's just a sliver. You could go to beautiful Syria and load up on them, of course!

Froist posted:

I’d love to take you up on this, probably after the weekend if you have the time then?

I don’t want to promise anything, but I’m going on holiday to the south coast of Turkey in a week’s time, and the internet suggests there’s a chance of seeing Tropius there. Main priority is my own account and a couple for local trades, but if they do happen to pop up I’ll try to get some on my passaround account too.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I’d be happy to unload my Mimes and Volbeats if people want to do the shared account thing.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Ended up with 7 Moltres's today, 2 of them shiny so good haul overall.

Also in terms of regionals, you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm in NZ and live near the sea so this guy...

Isn't really a problem for me to catch, the hard part is finding another device to use.

We have a couple of spare Galaxy S3's around the house but the game won't run on that model :negative:

Edit: I can also grab Volbeat, Zangoose and Solrock BUT Zangoose and Solrock are a little harder to come by

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 8, 2018

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Is the stardust event still ongoing?
Do accounts need to be at a certain level to trade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Black Feather posted:

Is the stardust event still ongoing?
Do accounts need to be at a certain level to trade?

Need to be level 10 to trade.

Not sure when stardust thing ends, hopefully its last the weekend but could end after Moltres day?

• Locked thread