Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Worldwide server issues right now, right in the middle of the event in Europe. Lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I have an assload of Torkoal from Chicago that I won't give to idiots who want to trade me Miltanks or whatever, but will give to any goon desperate enough to PM me login info. I won't steal your poo poo, but since I don't quite trust people to not steal my poo poo, I don't blame anyone who doesn't quite trust me to not steal theirs. Figured I'd offer.

I do still need a Relicanth and wouldn't mind another Kanga because the baby attacks too and that's loving adorable. But if all you have is garbage, that's fine. I do like Shuckles. And Chanseys. Etc. But that's a bonus, not a necessity.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Hell, I’ll get in on using a second account and trading for regionals. I’m in the US, so I can contribute Tauros, I see them a few times a week. I guess PM me?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My wife and I had given up hope of finding a group when it started an hour earlier than we expected here in Rome. We had lunch at a place near the Piazza Navona (it was Good) and my wife really wanted to try soloing (duoing?) it afterwards.

We ran into a group.

Then proceeded a mad dash from gym to gym in the last 48 minutes of the event from the Piazza Navona to the Pantheon, and we finished up trading Tauros and Illumise for Corsola and Kangaskhan. Wife and I each caught a General Tso's Moltres as well as two original flavour.

A Good day.

To

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Sure is cool and good when the game takes your pass, fails to load into the fight properly, marks itself as completed, and doesn't let you catch Moltres when you hop back in. This absolutely did not happen multiple times and leave me officially mad at video games.

Then I traded a 2 year old geodude for someone's incredibly poo poo Moltres and got a 15/15/14 lucky. Day redeemed in an instant. :v:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm also in the U.S. and I have a second phone so please PM me the account info.

And also how do we coordinate 2 hour account breaks to avoid softbans

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Do we have to have a second device to run the mule account? You can't just log in one account and then the other to put them in the same geographic location and then trade?

Froist posted:

I’d love to take you up on this, probably after the weekend if you have the time then?

Absolutely, just let me know.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FistEnergy posted:

I'm also in the U.S. and I have a second phone so please PM me the account info.

And also how do we coordinate 2 hour account breaks to avoid softbans

I would just pm what time you last logged in to that account with time zone

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
If you just want to catch stuff on someone's mule account, just log out of yours and log into theirs. Just play on yours till you see whatever local regional everyone's clamoring for and then swap over, hoping it doesn't despawn.

You need two devices to trade, if that's what you mean.

Id also love to jump on the mule account bandwagon for a few relicanth at some point since nobody I know is going to NZ ever (my in-laws went on a trip, bit it hadnt come out yet) I can PM you, but the acct may be tied up for a couple days, so I'm not in a huge rush.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Yet another US goon who can share a mule account with anyone who can catch me some regionals/use your account to catch Tauros/illumise. Pm me!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Looking for someone to catch me a Heracross, i've got an extra account with a Kangaskhan on it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My friend just straight up made an alt he's spoofing around the world to catch a dozen of each regional before bringing back to the USA for trading . Seems a lot easier than what y'all are doing

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Seeing posts that people have been able to Solo Moltres. Anyone here manage it?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm so pissed that I didn't pick this game back up before my vacation to Daytona Beach last spring. I could have been drowning in Heracross.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

Seeing posts that people have been able to Solo Moltres. Anyone here manage it?

You can only do it if you "cheat" and get the extended battle time by starting the raid after the event ends. You aren't going to be able to solo it under the normal circumstances.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I just got the news that Moltres Day is today!

... it's, uh, 19:15 here. It ended up at 15:00 didn't it?

Good job Niantic.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

endlessmonotony posted:

I just got the news that Moltres Day is today!

... it's, uh, 19:15 here. It ended up at 15:00 didn't it?

Good job Niantic.

I have no idea where you are but it hasn’t started in the States yet.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ballz posted:

I have no idea where you are but it hasn’t started in the States yet.

It was 19:15 here, so it's a safe guess I'm in Europe.

And it was apparently unplayable anyway?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Some people who started at the beginning had issues during the first hour, getting some sort of softban that lasted around 1 hour. I started playing half an hour in and didn't have any problem, and neither did the people I was meeting. But the large group of people that gathered in the main park at exactly the starting hour all had this issue.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Nope, it was pretty good and I got a few shinies. Fair point on the notifications though, I frequently get the news ones long after they're relevant. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they pop up.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

endlessmonotony posted:

Everything went fine for me, just the normal start-of-event-stutters that always happen. Our group went on 6 raids and we were done in under 1 hour.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

My friend just straight up made an alt he's spoofing around the world to catch a dozen of each regional before bringing back to the USA for trading . Seems a lot easier than what y'all are doing

I get your point, but for me spoofing is a cheating line that I don’t see the point in crossing. With extra accounts at least you’re doing SOME actually work.

Btw, I vote creating an email chain or group chat in hangouts or something, that might be a better way to coordinate long term than PMs.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Will every gym have a Moltres raid available for 3 hours here in 2 min in NA?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

4 raids. Only 1 catch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
lmao game is crashing hard for everyone here. No one can get in. Good job Niantic.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

second raid got me a shiny. really wanted to do the whole 3 hours for experience and stardust reasons but still recovering from pneumonia so said gently caress it and left after the shiny. but hey least i got one, unlike articuno day where 17 raids gave me zero shinies (argh).

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I got to visit a Moltres raid gym and stare at it for a minute before driving off because there's no Discord community in my area and no one else showed up.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That was awesome. Just showed up downtown, got adopted by a big group and wandered around doing eight raids. Caught six of eight, no shiny, still super fun.

Couldn’t have picked a better day to hit the 10 raids step of my Mew quest. Was planning on cheesing it with cancels and reentries but instead I’m sitting on 8/10 legit!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

How do you get so many catches? I golden raspberried and threw a few excellent curve balls and nothing but 1.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
It has rained nonstop every community day I've been to and naturally today was no different. :smithicide:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Soulex posted:

How do you get so many catches? I golden raspberried and threw a few excellent curve balls and nothing but 1.

Must have just been lucky. I was throwing great curveballs for the most part.

Edit: I’m guessing that’s why all the hardcore level 40s here drive around in caravans of cars. Immunity from the elements unlike us walking scrubs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Soulex posted:

A lot of times it's having gym control + dominant team + now having alt and can straight up get twice as many chances as some poor yellow by himself

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Was about three hours drive from the nearest large city for Moltres day so instead me and my girlfriend just did the gyms in the nearby small town by ourselves. We wouldn’t have been able to if it had been sunny and they were weather boosted but thankfully it was cloudy all morning so we raided all 6 of the gyms. I got one shiny and she didn’t get one unfortunately.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess this'll do

Balk
Oct 15, 2011
Either I’ve gotten a lot worse at this game or Moltres is harder to catch than the other two. I went 6 for 12 with one shiny. Found a different raid group with a walking route that hit 6 gyms in an hour, which I like a lot more than following a caravan to 3 or 4 places.

The start of the event had some pretty bad network issues. After the first Moltres lost all its HP, the raid didn’t stop... it just sat there until time ran out and the Try Again message appeared. Fortunately clicking on the gym started the encounter.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I ended up doing four raids, one regular catch one shiny. Caught the shiny on my first throw, decided to go out on top.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Soulex posted:

Golden razz berries, excellent curves, having both the fire and flying medals and maximizing dps (and team damage) and raiding with friends to maximize balls (also gym control, but that really can't be helped once the raids start)

Unrelated: I now have 33 normal poke balls and 401 Ultra balls from gifts and raids and also because i've started throwing great balls in the trash to make room in my bag, because normal balls are useful with go-tcha.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Wheany posted:

Golden razz berries, excellent curves, having both the fire and flying medals and maximizing dps (and team damage) and raiding with friends to maximize balls (also gym control, but that really can't be helped once the raids start)

Didn't have gym control on most of mine but I did have Fire/Flying medals maxed, and Team Mystic had top DPS every time. Guessing those would make up a lot of the difference.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Four raids, caught 0 but 1 shiny, my friend got a shiny too, and a girl cursed with never getting shiny outside the events (and even not all of them) caught one. She flipped her poo poo and about fell over when the red bird showed up.

Also caught shiny rose when eating lunch. Good day.

Up next, Chikorita day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

ShakeZula posted:

I ended up doing four raids, one regular catch one shiny. Caught the shiny on my first throw, decided to go out on top.

Shiny legendaries have 100% catch rate. Use a pinap!

--

Moltres was a bit trickier to target than some of the other bosses since he's deceptively far away. Any time he hovered upwards I would be completely unable to hit him; instead it required a ton of patience for me to wait until he attacked while hovering at a low position. Whenever I do raids in big groups I notice that I take way longer to finish than anyone else, but I think I also have significantly higher catch rate.

I had a decent showing today but no shiny unfortunately. My girlfriend was busy so I took her phone along and started off 5/5 on catching Moltres with both our accounts. After that I realized I never did a raid yesterday and could do one more, but Moltres #6 had like 75% IVs and I was ready to go home so I got real lazy and missed it. 10/12 overall

• Locked thread