Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Teeter posted:

Shiny legendaries have 100% catch rate. Use a pinap!

Haha, shows what I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

I got to visit a Moltres raid gym and stare at it for a minute before driving off because there's no Discord community in my area and no one else showed up.

suburbanPoGo.txt :smith::hf::smith:

Since my spot of choice is a massive park and arboretum I just walked the loop spinning gyms and catching trash until I lucked into a group of spoofers starting a raid on one of the gyms. In 2.5 hours I managed a single raid, but hey lots of exercise and I caught the only Moltres I did so :toot:

e: OH YEAH I also caught a shiny Swablu

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
There’s a pretty organized Discord group for our area, so my family wound up doing 9 raids. I caught 7 including an 87 shiny and a 98 regular. Got a ton of xp so good day over all. A++ would poke mans again.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

First event I've done in this game...

It owned. Got a dozen Moltres and one was shiny.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got 4 shinies in nine raids, it was a great time. Had a great time with a bunch of friends, I think everyone in the group got at least 1 shiny. These events are so much fun and bring so many people together, love it.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

ShakeZula posted:

Haha, shows what I know.

I did the same thing with my first shiny at the recent Ho-Oh event. It just makes it extra sweet next time, show off by throwing with your elbow or something and nailing that catch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Snagged 2 shiny fire chickens. Made good friends while doing it. Overall a successful day.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Was scheduled to get off of work at 11. Coworker called in, had to stay until 2:30.

Everything blows. :smith:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
1 raid in the game weather switched to weather boosted Moltres. Out of 7 raids:

1 shiny weather boosted (and I remembered to pineapple it first), 1 normal weather boosted, 1 normal not weather boosted. And I did not have a Moltres before today.

Worth it for me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got 3 shiny, highest 86.6%. Burned all my moltres candy and now I have a 2870 hot tamale bird.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Good day today. The kids and I drove around and we just played with the 3 of us on our own schedule. Did 10 raids, got 4 shines. Two weren't great, but we got a 15/15/14 and a 15/14/14 on the same account.

Even with sunny weather it was a joke with 3 teams of smackdown ttar all lv 32-37.
I also found a shiny murkrow!

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Did about 15 raids with a car full of people, got a shiny on the first, a perfect non-shiny on the second, and racked up a couple more shinies along the way. Hit most of the EX-eligible gyms in town as well, so hopefully I can snag a third Mewtwo in a couple of weeks.

Fun event, would do again.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Fun event even with the loading issues. Joined up with a big group...about 14 of us. Went 6 for 8 with one shiny and one 98%. Don't like his move set though. Would it be worth using a charged TM on him?

Wife got 2 shinies.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
10/11, 1 shiny. It was raining all day but overall it was a good day. Me and my 2 friends started with a large group, but we realized it was easier just to go at our own pace and trio the raids on our own. It was kind of a mess at the beginning. A lot of people had network/game freezing errors. On the first raid, we beat it, but it threw an error as it was shrinking and we couldn’t catch it. We got the items, but when we clicked on the gym it set up another lobby and when that raid started it kicked us out and said we already completed the raid and wasted our raid pass. Next time I’ll wait for 15 minutes or so until the game stops throwing errors.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Caught 6, no shiny.

The kid caught 5, 3 shiny.

I’m putting him up for adoption

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Caught 6, no shiny.

The kid caught 5, 3 shiny.

I’m putting him up for adoption

The game knows to give kids more shinies.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Mustached Demon posted:

This is my raids group moto also.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That shiny for kids rule totally seems true judging how lucky mine are. Also today both my kids and I got a shiny, but my wife didn’t. That went over really well, haha.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

It’s really true. He also manages to catch legendaries on the first throw more often than not.

It’s possible that the game recognized and approved of his tactic of using an all sunglasses pikachu/raichu squad against moltres (except for one raid where he switched to ditto.) I figure he earned those shinies...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zombie Dachshund posted:

It’s really true. He also manages to catch legendaries on the first throw more often than not.

It’s possible that the game recognized and approved of his tactic of using an all sunglasses pikachu/raichu squad against moltres (except for one raid where he switched to ditto.) I figure he earned those shinies...

Maybe that's why I got some. I used a squad of smack down ttars all named after The Rock.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I got crazy good luck today. My wife played for me while I was working and managed to get 7 moltres for me with 3 of them being shiny.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
ugh I hate you all :smith:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I couldn't go raid today because I had work but I did get 150k in experience from friendship levels so that's something.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Do Nice/Great/Curve throws raise catch likelihood or are they just worth XP? (also is there a level 40 cap, and if so, why)

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

First raid, 100% Shiny!!!

Did 46 Moltres raids with my group today. 7 shines total. Pretty solid day. Maxed this guy out already. Not sure if I'll keep Sky Attack yet.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

pubic works project posted:

Fun event even with the loading issues. Joined up with a big group...about 14 of us. Went 6 for 8 with one shiny and one 98%. Don't like his move set though. Would it be worth using a charged TM on him?

Wife got 2 shinies.

I'm going to keep at least one with this moveset. I haven't powered up any at all, yet two that I caught (weather boosted) have already crept in as some of my top counters for Machamp raids.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 9, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boywunda posted:

Did 46 Moltres raids with my group today. 7 shines total. Pretty solid day. Maxed this guy out already. Not sure if I'll keep Sky Attack yet.

How come your 100% has fewer cp than my 87-ish% that I haven't even leveled yet? Does weather boost make that much of a difference?

e: that's assuming I'm seeing 2272 since he's blocking some of the numbers

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Did 16 Moltres raids, caught 13, 0 shiny. Sigh.

IcePhoenix posted:

How come your 100% has fewer cp than my 87-ish% that I haven't even leveled yet? Does weather boost make that much of a difference?

It's 3272. Level 40.

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 9, 2018

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

3272, maxed out, Level 40. Was 1870 non weather boosted when I caught it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Was Moltres just today? Or tomorrow too same time? People in one of the local FB groups are setting up a meet tomorrow.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bogart posted:

Do Nice/Great/Curve throws raise catch likelihood or are they just worth XP? (also is there a level 40 cap, and if so, why)

Curve throws do increase the likelihood of catching(iirc by 1.7x), you should always be curving your throws.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Boywunda posted:

Very nice! Congrats!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Did 13 raids, caught my only shiny on the first one. Too bad it’s 76% IV. My roommate was an absolute Prince for hauling my butt around town, getting my wheelchair in and out of the car, long after his 6 passes. I’m going to trade him my shiny.
My highest was 93%, then two 91s, then the rest were garbage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boywunda posted:

3272, maxed out, Level 40. Was 1870 non weather boosted when I caught it.

ahhh nice

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bogart posted:

Curves pretty much make it like it's the next ball up. So a regular curve is worth a straight great ball.

Nice, great, etc increase the catch based off the size of the colored circle. Smaller the better.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Was Moltres just today? Or tomorrow too same time? People in one of the local FB groups are setting up a meet tomorrow.

Just today from all I know, if they are meeting tomorrow they are going to be hungry for hot chicken.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pokémon servers crashed right after the event began, and the game froze right as we finished the first raid. After several minutes of trying to reboot... it said we had to start the raid over. Then we did and as the counter got to 0 to start the raid... it errored out saying we had already completed the raid.

Tl;dr: nearly 10 minutes wasted, two passes lost, no complete battle.

Buuut after that everything went ok I guess. Ended up doing about 23 raids but only one shiny. Definitely much lower ratio than Zapdos, which was something like 1 in 10 for shiny.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

FistEnergy posted:

I'm also in the U.S. and I have a second phone so please PM me the account info.

And also how do we coordinate 2 hour account breaks to avoid softbans

A Discord channel seems like the best... Ah gently caress it I'll make one.

https://discord.gg/9AUr7t

If it gets used, awesome, if not, NBD, easily deleted.

AFAIK just today.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Boywunda posted:

Where are you raiding that you did 46? We only got about 18 done in St James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Followed around our local discord train for a while, but I had to draw the line at raiding for a fire bird at the Holocaust museum that's in town.

• Locked thread