Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Nick Gage Invitational opened with Jimmy Lloyd getting thrown off a roof through 3 doors, chairs and light tubes

sounds like someone just got uninvited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Does Nick Gauge have a day job at a home depo or something? Why's he using so many doors all of a sudden

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

From what I understand, that's a thing that indies in the Tri-State area started because they found lovely doors were cheaper than lovely tables and you don't need to take time to gimmick them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they also don't have that awful rubber wrapper that really fucks up your neck if you get caught on it wrong.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm at DEFY and Jeff Cobb had a post match promo where he mentioned "being gone" starting January.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TTBF posted:

I'm at DEFY and Jeff Cobb had a post match promo where he mentioned "being gone" starting January.

This can only mean he's joining New Japan

Hopefully

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jeff pls don't go to NXT. Join your beautiful wine mom leader Hiroshi Tanahashi in the sun instead.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who's left in the indies once Cobb is gone?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

PCO

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Jeff Cobb works for ROH now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Roque11 posted:

drat, well he had a pretty good run before Uncle Paul signed him away

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Just an FYI if you're in the Pacific Northwest, DEFY is doing a show in Seattle on the 27th and it'll have Bandido and Flamita vs DEFY's newly crowned tag team champs. There were a few no-shows due to issues at the Canadian border so there may be a make good there as well.

e: 3-2-1 Battle! is also doing a show on the 22nd which is their 2nd annual(?) all women's tournament.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 9, 2018

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Then. Now. Forever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chuckie T is still going to be in the indies while Ricochet is a World Champion and still refer to him as the skinny rear end half black kid he trained in a barn. Chuck Taylor is the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TTBF posted:

The referee Gearl Hebner who has been working for NXT recently is going by her real name now too.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Roque11 posted:

Wrong, I hired him to rake my leaves and he does a TERRIBLE job!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/W_W_Unicorns/status/1038686548101947392

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

You can complain about the contrived nature of the spot if you want, but that's goddamn physically impressive

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

rovert posted:

The referee Gearl Hebner who has been working for NXT recently is going by her real name now too.

I'm gonna miss her when she's gone. She's small but constantly stands up to heels who are trying shenanigans, looking like she absolutely knows she can't take them but gently caress it, it's her ring and she's not putting up with that bullshit.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

RealFoxy posted:

Chuckie T is still going to be in the indies while Ricochet is a World Champion and still refer to him as the skinny rear end half black kid he trained in a barn. Chuck Taylor is the best.

the cruiserweight title isn't a world championship unfortunately

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nick gage invitational 3 show of the year

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TV Zombie posted:

Legit Tough Guy, Big Dust

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b27QN79DWWg

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That is loving awesome. Where can I watch GCW? I fell in love with Joey Janella at All In and want to see more of his stuff.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SalTheBard posted:

That is loving awesome. Where can I watch GCW? I fell in love with Joey Janella at All In and want to see more of his stuff.
Streaming (web player works with Chromecast): SMVOD.com
DVD/Blu-Ray/Download: SmartMarkVideo.com

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

a lot of their regular stuff is bloody violent death matches so beware if thats not your thing

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

speaking of which, i didn't think they could top tos3 but ngi show of the year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

speaking of which, i didn't think they could top tos3 but ngi show of the year

I refuse to believe they topped ToS and hate that I have no time to watch NGI for a week.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i just started watching aaw based on a recommendation, and its really good! more or less what i was hoping it'd be like after hearing about it for awhile! i started about a year and a half or so back so i'd have more context before catching up to the "present", but i also kind of really want to go to one of the shows at the end of september, because it's a hell of a lot easier for me to get to logan square than it is merrionette park.

also its kind of amazing to me that highspots network and wwe network have about the same incidence of making GBS threads the bed on chromecast, given that one is run by a multi-billion dollar corporation and the other is very much not.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1040305673211404289

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

the gently caress is happening with DJs cleavage in that photo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bushmeister posted:

the gently caress is happening with DJs cleavage in that photo

he fat

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1040003082409525248

replacing Chris Brookes

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Is Brookes hurt? It seems like it's rarer for both CCK guys to be uninjured than not lately.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Draxion posted:

Is Brookes hurt? It seems like it's rarer for both CCK guys to be uninjured than not lately.

Brookes is always hurt what with the shoulder brace, but yeah its rare that all 3 are injured.

Then again I think they both have WWE UK contracts ...

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

KungFu Grip posted:

Brookes is always hurt what with the shoulder brace, but yeah its rare that all 3 are injured.

Then again I think they both have WWE UK contracts ...

Chris publicly denied having signed it, said he was offered. Who knows though. I doubt Lykos would be signed unfortunately. He's terrific but injury prone.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah neither signed with WWE UK

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

3 CCK guys? I thought it was just Brookes ad Lykos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

3 CCK guys? I thought it was just Brookes ad Lykos.

Jonathan Gresham is part of it too. I think that's Calamari Catch Kings rather than CCK though. You have to give Brookes credit for branding.