Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Can someone give a short rundown of Jimmie Åkesson’s speech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Dirk Pitt posted:

Can someone give a short rundown of Jimmie Åkesson’s speech?

He says that he is willing to cooperate with all parties. But he is inviting Ulf Kristersson to a meeting on how the country should be run.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Åkesson's speech was basically:
They're going from strength to strength.
The vote shows that people are fed up with the current government.
There are only a couple of seats between the two blocks while we have a whole bunch of them. They are the new kingmakers. This time around SD will have real policy impact.
A big callout of Ulf Kristersson (M) to open up negotiations with them.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I have no doubt that Ulf Kristersson lacks any qualms about cooperating with the nazis. The only thing holding him back is that he knows that in the next election his party would pay dearly for it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

I have no doubt that Ulf Kristersson lacks any qualms about cooperating with the nazis. The only thing holding him back is that he knows that in the next election his party would pay dearly for it.

But he’ll get that prime minister post for 4 years and the juicy pension that goes with it.

He’ll cave.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Oh absolutely. M have tried SO HARD to adopt SD policies to siphon off (or rather, back) their voters. Kristersson is definitely not opposed to cooperating on SD on ideological grounds, but it may be bad from a pragmatic point of view.

edit: not to mention that there's a lot of prestige in this for M, who view themselves as the leaders of the opposition. They need to keep SD at bay to avoid seeming weak and old in the face of the successful newcomers.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Classy

https://twitter.com/hagnestahill_/status/1038896869135540225

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

"Radicals such as the centre party" :v:

SD guy accused S of spreading fake news.

Katt fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 9, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

The less we follow the American obsession with :decorum: the better.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:fuckoff:

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Every single SD voter deserves to have a million middle fingers up in their face 24/7 so yeah, the V feed was surprisingly restrained and classy there.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
All KD reps are walking on egg shells, trying to talk around the SD issue.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Ulf is gonna reach out to Jimmie, isn’t he?

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

BigglesSWE posted:

The less we follow the American obsession with :decorum: the better.

Yeah, very american not to give the finger to poitical opponents.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't recall where I read it (twitter? this thread?) but a S+C+MP government would have the upside of being represented by Löfven, Lööf and Lövin.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Mordekai posted:

Yeah, very american not to give the finger to poitical opponents.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What happens if Ulf just ignores Jimmy and each block votes for their own budgets. Won't that force SD to support the right wing side without having milked them for concessions?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

So I guess my hopes for a leftist party single majority government followed by Bolshevik revolution and the top 20% against the wall is delayed for another 4 years?

The great thing about marxism is that everyone can be poor at the same time

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sjöstedt got there quick. I suppose Red/Green could formally invite V to the bloc?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

ditty bout my clitty posted:

The great thing about marxism is that everyone can be poor at the same time

When the forest is cut down, the chips fly.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

Sjöstedt got there quick. I suppose Red/Green could formally invite V to the bloc?

The S+MP government of the past 4 years has survived with support from V. Indeed, V has always been part of the red-green block throughout history, but S has historically never given away ministerial positions to other parties (due to being so huge for most of the 1900s). Currently S+MP+V still need another party to get a majority, and all the blue block have explicitly ruled out cooperating with V.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
One, loving, seat!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

All the Alliance leaders claim they will never cooperate with SD while at the same time taking the support of SD as given.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

What happens if Ulf just ignores Jimmy and each block votes for their own budgets. Won't that force SD to support the right wing side without having milked them for concessions?

Only if they are stupid. If i was Åkesson i would ruthlessly cut down any conservative goverment that refused to deal with me, regardless of the consequences.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Baudolino posted:

Only if they are stupid. If i was Åkesson i would ruthlessly cut down any conservative goverment that refused to deal with me, regardless of the consequences.

But with the reds having 1 extra mandate that would mean Jimmy giving S the victory which he can't effort to do.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Baudolino posted:

That's what he's been saying he's going to do since DÖ. He'll vote down any budget he's not part of.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Let me put it this way: The alliance is dead in the water. Period.

SD + S gets the bigger budget. doesn't matter who sits, if S won't abstain or support a budget it wont pass without giving Jimmie a free pass to gently caress them over.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

There also seems to be some misconception from M right now that Löfven will resign instead of forcing them to vote him down with SDs support.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/Yut3ZXB.mp4

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bali has the weirdest beard. His entire face seems animatronic.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

It's notable how Alliance party leaders act like the red block only contains S while the reds recognizes the whole Alliance.

Katt fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 9, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah this is not a resignation speech at all. He's totally going to play chicken with the Alliance.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Löfven is challenging Ulf to :commissar: him with Jimmys Luger.

RIP.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's kind of laughable how the Alliance is now going full on delusional talking about Löfven resigning on his own accord, even when confronted by the reporter saying that he just said he won't. Looking forward to Annie and Jan getting raked over the coals by the media if they call his bluff.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
Now the Alliance is foisting the idea that if S doesnt support the Alliance, S is forcing them to rely on SD

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Fox Cunning posted:

Now the Alliance is foisting the idea that if S doesnt support the Alliance, S is forcing them to rely on SD

I really loving hate those guys.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Fox Cunning posted:

Wait, what?

"Help us with our agenda or you will force us to work with the nazis"?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
It's disgusting. Uffe would 100% work with SD if he's forced to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Some staggering amounts of contorting and self-denial at play here.