Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

He's cool. He has probably the hardest input I've ever tried to do in a FG and it just makes him throw poop which does like 1 damage.

you can do meaty poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

you can do meaty poop

forgot what thread I was in and was really distressed at this post

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zand posted:

I need arrow girl so I can run fraud tactics and win in a new era

yes! Yes!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Considering I've always been an Ukyo/Charlotte/Nak guy, I think I'm safe when it comes to SamSho character choices. My preference is Charlotte tho.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What available on the PS4 version of samsho should I grab sometime to check out the series? New game looks cool and I wanna dig into the history a little.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Samsho looks loving sick, I can't wait.

Lethal League 2 looks... also sick?? I skipped the first one because I wasn't crazy about the aesthetic, but they really turned the volume up on the visuals. That trailer also got my JSR-loving, fg-hating wife 100% on board.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Kilometers Davis posted:

What available on the PS4 version of samsho should I grab sometime to check out the series? New game looks cool and I wanna dig into the history a little.

if samsho 2 is on ps4 then get samsho 2

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

absolutely anything posted:

if samsho 2 is on ps4 then get samsho 2

Yeah it is. $8 Thanks!

Sade posted:

Samsho looks loving sick, I can't wait.

Lethal League 2 looks... also sick?? I skipped the first one because I wasn't crazy about the aesthetic, but they really turned the volume up on the visuals. That trailer also got my JSR-loving, fg-hating wife 100% on board.

I assumed you meant jet set radio so I had to YouTube that and :swoon: holy sweet satan I need it. Gameplay doesn’t really pull me in but those aesthetics mmmm boiiii

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jet Set Raaaaaaadioooooooooooooo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jgr was what convinced me to buy a dreamcast and it was 1000% a correct choice

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kilometers Davis posted:

5s is the best game in the series and it's on ps4

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
samsho is the game where i can kill someone in like one poke right

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
finally, i will ahve a good f.s

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pomp posted:

samsho is the game where i can kill someone in like one poke right

Is it as deadly as bushido blade?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SICK

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
So god drat stoked for a new SamSho. Samsho5 Special is one of my top 3 favorite fighting games, it's just satisfying as hell. Everything takes forever for everyone, everything does crazy huge damage and it's just this funky back and forth poke fest where everything feels lethal. I'm assuming it's mostly the original cast so cmon Hanzo, I want my snaky fireballs and awesome grabs back.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope SNK brings back Yoshitora in the new SamSho. Motherfucker uses 7 samurai swords while simultaneously looking ridiculous and rad as all hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they add a new character with a design somehow uglier than Sylvie Paula Paula

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shamsho 5 Special is one of the best fighting games ever made, fight me :colbert:

Super pumped for a new (and good looking) Sam Sho

In Training posted:

I hope they add a new character with a design somehow uglier than Sylvie Paula Paula

Sylvie is a beautiful little cinnamon bun with electric powers, I will hear no more of this slander

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I'm super happy. Samurai Shodown is probably my favorite, most nostalgic fighting game series. Charlotte is hopefully a given so i've got one safe pick, but I wonder if i'll get Shizumaru, Genan, or Caffeine Nicotine back. Kind of doubt the last two, but I can dream.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay between 2 and 5S which do I grab if I’m going to be sp only? I don’t play locally and I’m assuming they don’t have online options.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay between 2 and 5S which do I grab if I’m going to be sp only? I don’t play locally and I’m assuming they don’t have online options.

5s has online, people play on discord

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

5s has more characters, play that one.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I don't mind that this game's mostly going to be the Samurai Shodown 1 crew and maybe some folks from 2. Honestly I kind of don't even care what the roster is because Samurai Shodown characters are where it's at. Even the ones from the post HNG64 3D games are rad as hell, just trapped in godawful games.

I hope the soundtrack and backgrounds are on point though. Samurai Shodown 6's roster is amazing but WOW was the presentation a joke. I don't know if I'd care when the roster is that big for any other fighting game but Samurai Shodown backgrounds and music in most of the games are second to none to it was a noticeable step down.

TulliusCicero posted:

Sylvie is a beautiful little cinnamon bun with electric powers, I will hear no more of this slander

I hated the look of this character until XIV actually came out and then I started using her pretty regularly, she's super fun and they committed with all of her dorky animations so her nutso outfit actually fits.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Smoking Crow posted:

5s has online, people play on discord

Reiley posted:

5s has more characters, play that one.

:hfive:

Honestly I just want to play the arcade mode or whatever and check out the animations, sounds, levels, all that stuff so judging from watching some YouTubes 5s seems perfect. Who knows maybe I’ll love it and want to try them all.

Man 2018/2019 is like the year of the samurai on the PS4. Owns owns owns owns

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 11, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SamSho V kicks rear end. One of the all time FG greats

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Real hurthling! posted:

Is it as deadly as bushido blade?

Nah cuz if I remember there's something you have to activate to get the one hit kos. Man I miss Bushido blade 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't mind that this game's mostly going to be the Samurai Shodown 1 crew and maybe some folks from 2. Honestly I kind of don't even care what the roster is because Samurai Shodown characters are where it's at. Even the ones from the post HNG64 3D games are rad as hell, just trapped in godawful games.

Funny you should say that, Shini showed up on a leak a few days before this announcement.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

In Training posted:

Is it ugly if it is done on purpose

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sylvie's more interesting than Random Nobody from Pachinko Game.

It's weird how many of those characters are in Heroines. Like, how did Mui Mui and Love Heart ever get a second game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Because SNK probably makes more money on pachinko games than fighting games

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
When XV inevitably happens they should replace the pachinko team with a team of Gen-An/Basara/Murkuro.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They don't do pachinko anymore, the first thing their Chinese owners did when they bought them was shut down their pachinko division.

They get all their money from bad Asian mobile games, they put out a Pokemon Go clone a few weeks ago:

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 11, 2018

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Do...do you catch the characters? I...what?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i love the damage and hitstun in samsho but everything else feels weird to me and like i cant get over it even tho its not bad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Do...do you catch the characters? I...what?

Yeah, you catch characters out in the wild using AR and then battle them, it's literally called KOF Go.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Dead or Alive is very beginner friendly, has some crazy and beautiful stages, very cool-looking animations, an in-depth counter system, and has a very big focus on out-thinking your opponent by switching up your attacks. It's good fun and DOA5 has almost instant loading times, even when changing stages. You can also turn off bounce if you want, which honestly turns the game less thirsty than SFV and KOFXIV unless you go for specific outfits.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Renoistic posted:

Dead or Alive is very beginner friendly, has some crazy and beautiful stages, very cool-looking animations, an in-depth counter system, and has a very big focus on out-thinking your opponent by switching up your attacks. It's good fun and DOA5 has almost instant loading times, even when changing stages. You can also turn off bounce if you want, which honestly turns the game less thirsty than SFV and KOFXIV unless you go for specific outfits.

yeah but pressing buttons feels lame as gently caress and i wont play a fg with bad button feel ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

anime was right posted:

yeah but pressing buttons feels lame as gently caress

Strong disagree