Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Agent Escalus posted:

...so the show eventually says that Dexter became a sociopath because as a child he fell off an exercise machine and hit his head?

The thing that happened to Dexter as a child wasn't fully explained until like season 7 and it's even stupider than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone got the Masuka gif?

You know the one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

precision posted:

The thing that happened to Dexter as a child wasn't fully explained until like season 7 and it's even stupider than that

Dexter hurt himself on a Dark Passenger™ brand stepper machine and the ghost that powered it consumed his soul.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lest we forget that in one of the Dexter novels (yes, the show was based off of books), the dark passenger is, at least temporarily, an actual demon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Dexter stepped into a comic book store one time and started thinking his dark passenger was a comic book antihero.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Lest we forget that in one of the Dexter novels (yes, the show was based off of books), the dark passenger is, at least temporarily, an actual demon.

i actually had forgotten that and now i'm so morbidly curious to read them

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Cojawfee posted:

Dexter stepped into a comic book store one time and started thinking his dark passenger was a comic book antihero.

I honestly can't tell if that's a joke or not.

Anyway...

3 hours until showtime - and my anticipation of tonight's ep is kicked into overdrive by the fact that it's directed by Andrew Stanton in his debut for this franchise! Can't wait to see what he'll bring to the production table; we all have great things to say about his various Pixar contributions, and I'd bet money that I'm one of the few (possibly only) people you know who owns the 3D BR release of John Carter! (Man, did that movie deserve a far better commercial fate than it got :( )

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Clearly Gus should have done baby steps to punish Walt and Jesse. Cut off their pinky toe or something. That would scare the poo poo out of them but also establish the status quo. Gus cutting Victor's throat was straight up overcompensating macho Eladio/Salamanca bullshit that wasn't needed to scare an arrogant chemistry teacher and some stupid junkie you can find anywhere off the streets.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
When Dexter became a lumberjack, that was when Jimmy McGill died and Saul Goodman was born

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shitenshi posted:

Clearly Gus should have done baby steps to punish Walt and Jesse. Cut off their pinky toe or something. That would scare the poo poo out of them but also establish the status quo. Gus cutting Victor's throat was straight up overcompensating macho Eladio/Salamanca bullshit that wasn't needed to scare an arrogant chemistry teacher and some stupid junkie you can find anywhere off the streets.

Lol I think Walt would still have went into full berserker mad scientist murder mode if Gus harmed either him or Jesse. Maybe even moreso. We already see how irrational Walt reacts when his "family" is harmed or threatened a few times by that point

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

jesse flies over the shark

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

Victor got seen. He had to be taken out, so he killed two birds with one boxcutter by doing it in front of Walt and Jesse.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I will never get tired of making GBS threads on Dexter

Remember the climax of season 6, where Dexter injects himself with Horse Tranquilizer and then fakes passing out before stopping Colin Hanks and the show never bothered to explain if he has Horse Tranquilizer Immunity or if he just always carries a spare placebo Horse Tranquilizer in case a bad guy takes his son hostage and forces him to inject himself with Horse Tranquilizer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I base this on nothing but I have a feeling someone major is gonna die tonight

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
gently caress outta here with this bullshit Dexter chat

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

gently caress outta here with this bullshit Dexter chat

No, no, it helps to make THIS show way better.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh hell yeah, a strong language warning!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mailroom Jimmy!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Regy Rusty posted:

Mailroom Jimmy!

Mailroom Kim!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

1992 for that Howard's End reference. When does Saul's main timeline occur?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Better gently caress Chuck

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

1992 for that Howard's End reference. When does Saul's main timeline occur?

We're in 2003 now

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has Michael McKean's hair ever looked like that?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

Has Michael McKean's hair ever looked like that?

no. they made everyone look younger.

except jimmy. that forehead is something you can't hide from.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Relevant caselaw:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Bestfoods

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I can't tell if Gus and Mike are the best bosses ever or the worst bosses ever.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shitenshi posted:

I can't tell if Gus and Mike are the best bosses ever or the worst bosses ever.

They are at least the most competent

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This episode is heartbreaking.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I like it, I'm good at it... I'm helping people"

looool Kim's the antiparticle of Walt

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Welp, guess Jimmy isn't as hollow and stone cold a shyster as he'd like to think he is.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Shitenshi posted:

Welp, guess Jimmy isn't as hollow and stone cold a shyster as he'd like to think he is.

He never was. Any number of little things along the way would have prevented Saul Goodman. I would say that he is the anti-particle to Walter White.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This is exactly what Kim needs and deserves and I hate it I hate everything life sucks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone is gonna say gently caress any minute now

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
are we gonna get an uncensored c-word or something?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

are we gonna get an uncensored c-word or something?

charlatan

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doesn't look like HHM is doing too good lately.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

This episode is heartbreaking.
You weren't kidding :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THERE it is

good job jimmy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005