Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

SonicRulez posted:

When in photo mode, you change the camera type. It's on the first menu. Took me a second too.

I am dumb. What menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When you go to photo mode from pause, there's a tabbed menu with all the options. The type of camera is on the first tab.

It's totally separate from Spidey's in-game camera on the d-pad.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Aphrodite posted:

When you go to photo mode from pause, there's a tabbed menu with all the options. The type of camera is on the first tab.

It's totally separate from Spidey's in-game camera on the d-pad.

That's where I got confused then

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy moley, the Spirit Spider suit.

:stare:

Gonna selfie the gently caress outta this now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh so that's why him and mj broke up huh

https://twitter.com/huntychan/status/1039178611931004928?s=19

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I've been running around as Spider-Punk and found that JJJ actually has a special podcast to slam your suit. Does he do that for every costume and how long do you have to play in a suit before he notices?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
OH HELL YES

(late side mission spoiler)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sentinel Red posted:

OH HELL YES

I actually jumped the first time he decided to pop in on me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just finished Spider-Man, and also platinumed it. I think it’s probably my favorite game of the year, just barely edging out God of War.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

OH HELL YES

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the top rank on that character's drone chase challenge. I finally pulled it off, after a few close calls including one where I scored 39920 points out of 40000.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My PS4 is arriving this week, and I'm gonna play the hell outta this game once I cop it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the top rank on that character's drone chase challenge. I finally pulled it off, after a few close calls including one where I scored 39920 points out of 40000.

Cool. Now do it like, 6 more times!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Cool. Now do it like, 6 more times!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You only need to silver each of those, apparently.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think completion percentage only counts that you've done the challenge, no matter your rank, and you only need to silver one of each type to get the trophies.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I have a hard time believing any of this was real. This kid is playing everyone

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

omg chael crash posted:

I have a hard time believing any of this was real. This kid is playing everyone

Why would you publicly expose yourself for this absolute own though
I just hope the internet never finds this woman Maddie because the internet sucks

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Changbot is the real MVP

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Calaveron posted:

I just hope the internet never finds this woman Maddie because the internet sucks

They already did, and the story's got a few additional chapters to it.

https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-spider-man-proposal-easter-egg-has-a-darker-side-10842784

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

For the record, when I posted that I did not expect anyone to have sympathy for that clown, I wanted to laugh at his stupid rear end.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

People who plan those kind of public, high pressure proposals deserve what they get when it backfires.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I already thought it was funny she dumped him, but knowing the real reason now makes it even funnier.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I really like the attention to detail with the costumes. When you're wearing the Big Time suit at night, you cast a green glow on nearby surfaces. I didn't expect that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ZDar Fan posted:

I really like the attention to detail with the costumes. When you're wearing the Big Time suit at night, you cast a green glow on nearby surfaces. I didn't expect that.

That's why I really like the Iron Spider at night. All shiny and glowy and the lights reflect off of surfaces.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure trying to gold rank these challenge tokens is going to break my goddamn mind. Or at least my controller.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One time I tried to get all the S-rank medals in sonic adventure 2 because I heard you could unlock a 3D version of green hill zone as a super extra bonus stage. Then I gave up.

Turns out the stage is incredibly lovely and buggy because it was implemented at the last minute and would not have been worth the effort.

You should learn from my example.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hey post stuff from the game not just random subway pictures.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess that grindr date worked out

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure trying to gold rank these challenge tokens is going to break my goddamn mind. Or at least my controller.

You don't need to do that to platinum the game, if that's your goal.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

You don't need to do that to platinum the game, if that's your goal.

Oh no I just want it so I can unlock everything. Seems like there's a lot of suits/gadgets walled behind a pretty good number of challenge tokens.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You need 39 total for suits. So if you're not confident in getting golds, make sure you keep that many and don't waste them on gadgets if you want all the suits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

You need 39 total for suits. So if you're not confident in getting golds, make sure you keep that many and don't waste them on gadgets if you want all the suits.

I haven't unlocked all of them yet, but of the ones I have I seriously can't imagine wanting all of them. I'll probably even save some tokens for DLC because I really hope one of them has the Fantastic Bagman costume or the Future Foundation one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Skwirl posted:

I haven't unlocked all of them yet, but of the ones I have I seriously can't imagine wanting all of them. I'll probably even save some tokens for DLC because I really hope one of them has the Fantastic Bagman costume or the Future Foundation one.

They don't have the right to any fantastic four paraphernalia sadly

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

They don't have the right to any fantastic four paraphernalia sadly

Marvel doesn't have the rights to FF gear? because they're currently publishing a comic named Fantastic Four. And I don't think the movie deal ever applied to videogames since the FF are in both Ultimate Alliance games.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
There has to be something up though, right? The Baxter Building should be right there in NY, but it's not one of the monuments to snap like the Sanctum or Avengers Tower.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel has the rights for everything but movies so they could have.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

There has to be something up though, right? The Baxter Building should be right there in NY, but it's not one of the monuments to snap like the Sanctum or Avengers Tower.

It's a bit weird, since there's Avengers tower and as far as I know zero references to the Avengers existing outside that.

I'm hoping, since they are currently working on the DLC there might be some reference to the FF. Maybe in a sequel where they help Spider-Man get rid of a certain black suit.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

SonicRulez posted:

IIRC, the FF/X-Men licensing ban wasn't relaxed until last year, so it might have been too late to add it. idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

IIRC, the FF/X-Men licensing ban wasn't relaxed until last year, so it might have been too late to add it. idk

That's why I hoping for it in the DLC. I know the first one is Black Cat centric but we don't have much info on the other ones.