Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

maybe like increase the battery life instead of giving me all this mildly useful poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
That gold milanese loop looks really great :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Series 5 will have a defibrillator.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Clapping at the FDA lmao

The FDA is the downfall of many health apps/devices, so having already been cleared is a pretty positive thing.

I’m excited about the new heart stuff, but I worry about if it’ll keep alerting if it detects issues I already know about (and have seen a cardiologist about).

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KidDynamite posted:

maybe like increase the battery life instead of giving me all this mildly useful poo poo

I mean the watch is only mildly useful to begin with IMO. I like mine, but it's really about trying to find a good use for the tech.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Watch runs 2X faster
same battery life

looks like a push to me

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

KidDynamite posted:

Or an always on screen

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mmmm that gold stainless is extremely my thing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
series 5 integrates Theranos technology to do blood tests twice a day

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oh thank god bands work!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bands live another generation.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Get ready! iPhone time! (I hope)

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Making the watch a suped up life alert means it would actually sell as a gift or personal purchase for older people who live alone or just older people. Sorry some of you are lame and can’t see the usefulness but buying this for an older ~70 year old relative is actually a thoughtful and useful thing. That it also works in younger people is swell.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Oh come on why would I even buy a Series 3 now

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I know they use hip young athletes to advertise these but this is the most boomer presentation... watches... Hermes gold bands... heart monitors...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

It’s a good watch, Badger.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Really doubling down on the Watch this year, eh?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ok grandma remember to wear this and charge it everyday. the side button goes home and the crown does this, no that's the crown and this is the button.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Making the watch a suped up life alert means it would actually sell as a gift or personal purchase for older people who live alone or just older people. Sorry some of you are lame and can’t see the usefulness but buying this for an older ~70 year old relative is actually a thoughtful and useful thing. That it also works in younger people is swell.
Just remember to buy them an iphone as well.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Apple spends more time making videos of their products than they actually do making their products

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

To save 130 whatever bucks?

Really depends on what you do with the watch but the series 3 is a great watch.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tim just get to the phones already

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Going from series 2 to 4 should be pretty nice. I hope Best Buy does a trade in deal or something

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

logikv9 posted:

ok grandma remember to wear this and charge it everyday. the side button goes home and the crown does this, no that's the crown and this is the button.

No, your iCloud password... we need it to unlock the phone... what do you mean you synced it with grandpas phone

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Life alert but an app instead

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I know they use hip young athletes to advertise these but this is the most boomer presentation... watches... Hermes gold bands... heart monitors...

Yea but older people don’t want to buy old people products, they want something cool and beautiful and also something that doesn’t stigmatize them. So far though you’re right this entire presentations is for older consumers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At this rate I am expecting they just add a option to keep the watch charged with your body energy.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So cellular is a lot more expensive? Wasn’t it $429 for the 3?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Tim Cook's drawl makes the word TEN two syllables and it drives me loving nuts.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

technology previously available by "pro" level equipment

but it can be yours for only one loving thousand dollars

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

AlternateAccount posted:

Tim Cook's drawl makes the word TEN two syllables and it drives me loving nuts.

His coached fake enthusiasm is even worse this year

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Rirse posted:

At this rate I am expecting they just add a option to keep the watch charged with your body energy.

im still wondering whatever happened to fuel cells

have the watch run off the sweat you generate trying to fill up those pavlovian rings or whatever

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's also great as a really basic phone (once setup).

So get grandma the most basic and cheap iphone that works with the latest Apple Watch, pair them, then just keep the iphone around the house somewhere. It'll make calls and texts without issue (LTE version, duh).

Wirecutter did an article last year about using an Apple Watch as a phone full time.

https://thewirecutter.com/blog/apple-watch-lte-dumb-phone/

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
SCHILLY BABY TELL ME ABOUT ALL THESE DEEP PIXELS

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The iPhone ________ is the most advanced iPhone we've ever made!!

This mad lib needs to be retired.

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
Love how they hide the notch in the promo video.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lol iPhone Ten S

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
What a sexy video.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

iphone tennis