Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
hold on, let me get out my ar ruler app to measure this painting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Ok but how does candy crush look

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m the giant 5 foot tall spider hanging by the bridge doing nothing.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

The new ES game looks good. Don't care about the iphone upgrades but I'll end up buying the max anyway,

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

When did Steve die?

Yeah, that's kind of what I am getting at. I feel like you could basically generate these events procedurally at this point with about six lines of code.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love that this just looks like the most boring gaming experience ever

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

use with the Apple Watch 4 so you can feel Giant Forest Spider injecting poison directly into your veins

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The A12 Bionic machine learning can now prevent NPCs from interrupting cutscenes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I love that this just looks like the most boring gaming experience ever

that's like all elder scrolls games.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Gaming on phones that isn't bullshit city builder or game-boy grade candy crush type poo poo is such a waste of time.

*development time

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Pre-order an iOS game? Uhh what?! lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mattfl posted:

Pre-order an iOS game? Uhh what?! lol

That’s been a thing for like 2 years.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
lmao Steve Nash

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Steve Nash literally looks like Jackie Earle Haley put into a taffy puller.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s been a thing for like 2 years.

Like, they are gonna sell out of it or it won't be available for download on the release date?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
App breaks day one due to someone pointing it at Lonzo Ball's shot.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol This is actually pretty cool.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Someone is going to write a golf swing app that does similar and it's going to kill!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mattfl posted:

Like, they are gonna sell out of it or it won't be available for download on the release date?

Its more so it just auto downloads so you don't have to remember to do it :shrug:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
This is kinda impressive.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

so you can use this technology in a dating app to see how many times you strike out in one night?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Its more so it just auto downloads so you don't have to remember to do it :shrug:

Oh, ok.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mattfl posted:

Someone is going to write a golf swing app that does similar and it's going to kill!

I demand one for bowling

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is amazing. I need an tripod mount for my iphone.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

I demand one for bowling

That, would actually be really useful and not much different than the basketball one as far as tracking arm/hand movements

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this loving owns

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

YAY, another super awkward AR game with people standing around a table.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Oh good another loving AR demo just like last year no one gives a fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This AR poo poo is so dorky lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mattfl posted:

That, would actually be really useful and not much different than the basketball one as far as tracking arm/hand movements

Yeah, I'm hovering around ~200 right now, but to get better I really would need a coach. The problem is, there aren't really any two handed coaches. :smith:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What's going on wtf

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Can they just release their stupid loving glasses at this point so I don't have to hold my phone in front of me?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Alright, I don't actually hate this one

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Give me AR Tinder

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
hold on guys, let me whip out my galaga ar app

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Did that AR game from last year ever come out??

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Until POKEMON AR BATTLES comes into existence, this will never be a thing. Once it does, it will be an obnoxiously huge loving thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Give me AR Tinder

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Just listen to this epic boss battle

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Snuffman posted:

Did that AR game from last year ever come out??

Does it matter?

• Locked thread