Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is that the game where you can build guns with 18 barrels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It absolutely rules but the 360 version was embarrassingly badly made so I'm hype for this.

Like I still can't believe the caliber of badness SquareEnix poo poo out on the 360 with Last Remnant, Infinite Undisocvery, and Star Ocean 4 coming out around the same time. Like drat.

They need to re-release Resonance of Fate now. :O

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

rabidsquid posted:

Resonance of fate.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rabidsquid posted:

No that's Resonance of Fate, the rare good Tri-Ace game.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah resonance of fate really owned a whole lot, would probably be a good remaster candidate because there is still absolutely nothing like it in terms of gameplay.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuP47fRBsWg

Pre-order for a 20% discount (If you're PS+), comes out on September 25th.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Excellent game, for a good 60 hours out of it on Switch

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

preordered

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Holy hell Trails of Cold Steel is finally on sale on Vita this week

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

abagofcheetos posted:

Yeah resonance of fate really owned a whole lot, would probably be a good remaster candidate because there is still absolutely nothing like it in terms of gameplay.

Transistor kind of reminded me of it, if you've ever played that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Holy hell Trails of Cold Steel is finally on sale on Vita this week

It's kind of tremendously boring. Everybody and their mother on this website recommends the trails games but I could never get into them. Probably worth checking out on sale though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's kind of tremendously boring. Everybody and their mother on this website recommends the trails games but I could never get into them. Probably worth checking out on sale though

I've never seen anyone say anything about them except that they have a lot of text.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They have a tremendous amount of text. They're somewhat comfy in the beginning but, at least the games I played, just become supremely boring after 30 hours of nothing really happening and all the combat being piss easy and slow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I couldnt get into Trails jn the sky all.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Policenaut posted:

I’ve been good about not buying games and instead playing through my backlog but I will absolutely make an exception for this since it’s 11.50€ and a game I’ve wanted to play for like a year and a half

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh man it's easily worth twice that. Great game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I’ve heard Persona comparisons which made me interested

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

There's bad Final Fantasy games and then there's Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s pretty similar. Both games have a social link / life sim component and are long as poo poo. The combat is probably harder and more interesting in SMT games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Policenaut posted:

This game looks cool. Footage looks better and more fun than what I've previously seen...which makes no sense to me

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Rean starts out in high school so yeah they are similar in that regard with some school life simulation, but it's a story spanning several years so he eventually graduates. I couldn't get into the game personally and Xseed is so far behind on translating they already did a PS4 remake.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This game looks cool. Footage looks better and more fun than what I've previously seen...which makes no sense to me

It's really really good

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

BP I know your taste in games well enough and I’m telling you, buy Hollow Knight. You will like it a lot.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I bought Hollow Knight on PC and haven't played it and now I'll probably still buy it on PS4 because I'd rather play it on the couch and I'm an idiot who's bad with money

Edit: is this up for preorder on the US store yet?

RichterIX fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 12, 2018

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I bought a switch to play it and I don't regret anything 😈😈

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I bought it on the Switch but quit at a certain point. I’ll probably rebuy it on the PS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I enjoyed hollow knight but its not very backtrack friendly with few warp points and with no sloped surfaces all the rooms kinda blend together for me as either large empty rectangles or little mazes.
Extremely great value if you never played but im not double dippin

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

BP I know your taste in games well enough and I’m telling you, buy Hollow Knight. You will like it a lot.

:glomp:

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was sold on ToCS with “Persona meets Suikoden.” The second game actually has you recruiting dozens of NPCs (with personalities, backstories, and small quests) to build a base.

The second game is also a whole lot faster paced than the first; patience is rewarded.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Patience required' should be the tagline for all Trails games.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is BF1 worth $5 on the current sale (ie: are there still people playing it?)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Styx: Master of Shadows + Styx: Shards of Darkness is cheaper than just Styx: Shards of Darkness(The sequel)

I don't even want the first one, but a discount is a discount...

edit:

Also, the murder goblin game has is Rated 16 and the Slice-Of-Life Visual Novel is Rated 18? Before The Storm is going to have some hardcore poo poo, I see

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 12, 2018

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

It has a gay person you see.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is that a spoiler? Because there was another game I wanted to recommend to a gay friend but even saying it featured a gay character was a huuuuuge spoiler

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Is BF1 worth $5 on the current sale (ie: are there still people playing it?)

It’s a great shooter with a very active population. You’re good to go.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

Is that a spoiler? Because there was another game I wanted to recommend to a gay friend but even saying it featured a gay character was a huuuuuge spoiler
Gone Home isn't a game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Steve Yun posted:

Before the Storm is super obviously gay.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

gay people exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Gone Home isn't a game.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Steve Yun posted:

I haven't played it or read anything about it on purpose but I know it has gay people.

PS: Master Chief and Duke Nukem and Sonic and Mario are all gay, especially for each other.