Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

MF_James posted:

I absolutely loathe the next part of the game. I 100% enjoy the dead protagonist but god this part coming immediately after is awful.

It's not too terrible if you make certain choices. And there's plenty of TP to be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

No game could be foolish enough to make Dalton out as a credible threat capable of killing anyone. Ahem

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

My Twitter thread on why Dalton and the literal downfall of Zeal is the perfect analogy for Trump and the metaphorical downfall of USA, part 1/478

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Alxprit posted:

If you guys want to see ALL the dialogue variations, perhaps my dialogue documentation will finally come in handy. This part of the game is insanely annoying for reasons that we haven't quite seen yet, but those who know the game will realize why it might be a bit of a slog to go through the next part with several combinations of characters. I would be happy to take some of the load off of Mega64 if there's enough demand for it.

Marle doesn't only get good dialogue for these parts, she also gets extra dialogue and extra reactions out of other characters. She is definitely the "canon" choice for leader, if you wanna talk about that.

Feel free to show off any dialogue I don't!

I may do Marle's dialogue for this next section on a JERK update, whenever that will be, but regardless everyone is welcome to share any dialogue I don't show in an update. There's a lot of good stuff I don't get to show off due to being limited to three people!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

DeathChicken posted:

No game could be foolish enough to make Dalton out as a credible threat capable of killing anyone. Ahem

No game with a story that made sense at least.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGND6SesiI

For this ending, you can get it from the moment Lavos descends in 65,000,000 BC and destroys the Tyrano Castle, all the way until you confront Lavos in the Ocean Palace, except for the brief instance that Memory Lane is available instead. Note a different ending is achieved if you beat Lavos at the Ocean Palace itself, one I will show off much later.

Battle with Magus

It starts off simple enough, with a starting credit scroll. Interestingly enough, Magus's Theme plays during this entire ending.

There's a lot of brief scenes that end in a freeze frame. Frog reflects on a Magus that he assumes has been forever lost in the fabric of time.

Remember that for this ending, we defeated Lavos without resolving Zeal. Thus, we never find out the Prophet was actually Magus.

Frog gets accustomed to his new life, now that the war is over and his mortal enemy seemingly gone forever.

Alfador is also there.

From there, the Prophet decides to make his way into the Ocean Palace, alone.

Obviously Crono's still alive for this ending. Also Lucca's working on some sort of Nu robot...?

Too GIF intensive to show off Magus surfing down the elevator room, so you'll have to watch the video to see such badassedness in action.

Lucca can't cook, and Robo discovers the magic of cats.

And eventually, the Prophet makes his way to Lavos...

It seems the Prophet has given up on everything beyond his one singular goal...

Of course, it's ambiguous whether Magus succeeds in his goal, but considering that he initially disappears in 600AD after confronting Lavos, that he lost to Lavos in the Ocean Palace, and that the fall of Zeal is inevitable, I have my doubts he will win this time...

Far Off Promise

But even if Magus failed, at least we succeeded.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

This was actually my first exposure to Chrono Trigger. Someone had this line in their signature on another (otherwise unrelated) gaming forum I used to visit. It was years before I found out what it actually came from.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Mega64 posted:

Lucca can't cook, and Robo discovers the magic of cats.
:3:

Robo's having a blast.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Doesn't help that was a retcon in some completely unrelated bonus dungeon and all he did was bounce away with some top hat villain twirling speech instead of actually seeing this guy personally lead the charge. It was about as fulfilling as the reveal that Lynx is Serge's father.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

rujasu posted:

My Twitter thread on why Dalton and the literal downfall of Zeal is the perfect analogy for Trump and the metaphorical downfall of USA, part 1/478

...Said the guy with a "Trump lover" avatar. :cheeky:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

Robo's having a blast.

next thing you know he’ll be spamming Heal Beam as a cat toy

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If Magus succeeded in this ending we wouldnt have had a Lavos to beat in 1999. So hes def dead by the end of this one.
This does show clearly what Magus's motives are: which is a singular 'kill lavos'

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shei-kun posted:

Robo's having a blast.

Yeah I adore that gif.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

SILENCE

Looks like our party's stuck in this odd little room.

This entire section has no music, which is lame but whatever.

The equipment hath evanesced!
Items are missing, too!
What you buy stuff with, "money" gone too.

Looks like Dalton is more competent than he appears. Even the idiots in Guardia didn't bother confiscating Crono's gear, may he rest in peace.

The gimmick here is that your party is defenseless since they have no weapons or armor to fight with...except Ayla, since her offense is punching people. Which makes you wonder why Robo can't help since he also punches people, but whatever.

If you don't have Ayla, though, you're stuck to pure stealth for awhile.

We do have a ladder to climb, so let's do so.

This must be...

Dalton may be a bumbling oaf, but the guy clearly knows what he's doing. He now rules the piddling remains of the world from high in the massive airship he hijacked right before the disaster.

From here, we have two options on how to proceed. We can climb up the airduct, or...

...we can do the whole "act sick" routine. Let's start with the latter.

Usually the third character does this routine, which is a shame because I miss out on Robo making an awful pun about catching the guard "OFF GUARD." It's worth having Frog for third though because of the "The equipment hath evanesced!" line and the following...

Ayla feels bad for lying about being sick if she's the one playing the act.

That said, there's not much reason to actually do this method unless you specifically have Ayla in your party, as you only have one chance to wander around before getting caught, and if you can't fight, you get sent back to your room with only the air ducts to escape.

But since Ayla can fight, it's time to beat some idiots up.

Only Ayla can currently fight, but these Bashers have an utterly pathetic 150HP, so they're mere nuisances.

There are five chests total, one for money, one for items, and three for each character's gear.

Note that you cannot swap characters from the End of Time in during this section.

The ladder simply leads to another overlook on the edge of the plane.

The intended and easier way to navigate this plane is through the air ducts.

The Blackbird is two massive rooms with plenty of smaller rooms within, plus the air ducts themselves.

Most of these are just a look at areas with a few ladders down to access different sections and rooms, but there's one in particular with a sleeping guard protecting a chest that you can only access from the ducts.

Of course, this is your first character's equipment, which means there's a guaranteed way to have one person able to fight without having to interact with guards.

In this case, my first character is Ayla, so this actually doesn't help me as much as another character would, but at the same time this area is so pathetically easy that it doesn't really matter.

Along the way, we grab Frog's gear as well, letting him join in on battles now.

At the very southern end of the ship, we get this cutscene.

It's Dalton and the Epoch. Uh-oh.

Me thinks he CAN'T just tinker with another's possession!

This line is uttered by whoever's the first character, but it's still weird to have Ayla of all people trying to calm the others down.

A Strange Happening

The world now belongs to me!

We better get moving, then.

SILENCE

The only other enemy on the deck is the Byte, which has high physical defense but still low HP.

There's a group of six Bashers here, but techs make short work of them.

There's another room we can only access from the main room, which nets our final character's gear.

This room has our items, and not only that...

...it also leads to the surface of the Blackbird itself, and is the way to progress.

We do get a warning about missing stuff still if we haven't gotten everything.

The wind is strong out here, and these Turrets dot the surface.

These have the same gimmicks as the Rokks on Mt. Woe, namely high evasion but you're stuck with physicals. The only real difference is that they have an actual attack, a weak laser that still is little to worry about.

And instead of running away, they self-destruct.

Still worth a cool 100TP, so it's worth fighting them. The main issue is that they move in such a way that you can encounter two in one battle, and considering it takes the majority of the time you have before they self-destruct just to take out one, you want to avoid having two in one battle if possible.

Pick up some more techs, though this area's bad for showing stuff off, so they'll have to wait until later.

Eventually we reach the edge of the wing, and going downward reveals...

It's a massive magic energy reaction!

It's yet another golem!

Boss Battle 1

The Golem Boss is an...interesting fight.

First off, he has a countdown from 5 until his major attack.

Which is...

...another countdown. And once that hits 1...

...he cowers in fear.

Turns out he's scared of heights and will end up not attacking at all. Which means you can burn through his 15000HP with ease.

Eventually, he runs away if you don't kill him fast enough.

And that's that for that.

A Strange Happening

And THEY'RE gonna be my first victims!

Chrono Trigger

A Shot of Crisis

Ready for takeoff!

The Aero-Dalton Imperial! We have lift-off, Houston!!

Th, that's!

Mwa, ha, haha!! You are excess baggage!

Not only does the Epoch have wings, but it apparently has lasers now...?

Grrrrrr...!

If Marle's here, she kinda loses it a bit due to the loss of Crono still hitting her hard.

Boss Battle 1

Now we fight Dalton Plus on top of the flying Epoch.

He still has the Iron Orb counter to everything, but mixes it up with a few weak attacks here and there, along with counters to elemental attacks (which I don't use because my party's all physical characters anyway).

There's...really little else to talk about for this fight. He has below 3000HP so it won't take long to beat him with the techs you have access to by now.

https://mp4.mega64.net/ct/28/116.mp4

Anyway, this is what happens when Dalton is defeated (with bonus Beast Toss because I wanted to see that twerp get nearly one-shot by being smashed into the Epoch).

With yet another tech gained as a result!

That groundling thief!

More importantly, did he change the controls?

A Shot of Crisis

Only one way to find out...

https://mp4.mega64.net/ct/28/126.mp4

And with that, we accidentally defeat the Blackbird and salvage the Epoch.

The survivors celebrate the defeat of the tyrant idiot Dalton.

Epoch ~ Wings That Cross Time

And this is when we first hear one of my favorite songs in the game, the Epoch theme.

So yeah, our time machine can fly now, which means we've got ourselves a proper airship that can fly wherever we want, whenever we want!

If we left behind our inventory, we'd find our stuff stashed in the Epoch. If we left behind our money, though, we wouldn't be getting that back.

Also, if Marle's in the party, she thinks of Crono while the others reassure her.

For now, let's take a break and check in on the survivors.

Our party has recovered a souped-up Epoch and once and for all saved the remains of Zeal from any remaining tyrants. They're in control of their own destinies, and with the powers of time travel, perhaps there may be a way to bring Crono back...

Next time, we check up on an old friend and begin our quest to bring back the dead...

...I couldn't resist.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 9, 2018

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Mega64 posted:

...I couldn't resist.

This is the best thing this thread has produced so far.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Some bonus dialogue for this section:

The line that Mega wanted to show but couldn't.

Frog's belly button thing is a good contender, but I like Ayla's little crisis over pretending to be sick.

Not an english screen but I couldn't resist sharing that Dalton saying "stop the music" is said in "english" in the Japanese version as well.

Marle desperately hoping that whatever she can do can help somehow bring Crono back. She's pretty :smith: in this part of the game.

The lines for when you don't get everything back are pretty rare. Here's Ayla not really understanding that money's pretty important.

Another set I like. Losing all your money is a pretty big deal, though you can earn it back quickly enough with the stuff you'll be able to do and monsters you can fight after this part.

As a fun note, for the scene where you're trying to regain control of Epoch (and also earlier in the game where it explains how to use Epoch), the instructions given in Japanese are slightly different in that they say things like "the green button" and "the blue button" instead of Y and X, given that the controller in Japan had those colors it was an interesting way of doing things.

I've forgotten to catch up on the "faithful retranslation" screenshots, maybe I'll do that a bit later today if I remember. There's still some good ones left.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Mega64 posted:

The equipment hath evanesced!

Frog is the best.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Zyla posted:

BROWNS BITCH

BUT THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
This section is another breather after the Ocean Palace segment. Everything here is super weak to match the fact that you'll be doing this with one person for a bit of it and the main issue is navigating your way around to find all of your missing stuff. There's also a magic tab you can pick up somewhere around here but it's not as important as everything else.

It's worth blitzing Golemboss down since he gives boss level xp, tp and money while basically being a giant pinata. Dalton II is a bit more interesting now that he actually does more things than Iron Orb but his health pool and defenses are low enough that he shouldn't last more than 2-3 turns against good dual/triple techs (4 for the DS version since his health got bumped a tad bit.)

And to top his villain buffoonery off, giving the Epoch wings is pretty much the best thing he's done.

Marle is pretty :smith: here but I like it because there's a few layers of subtext you can allude to here and a bunch of them tie back to the beginning of the game: Marle's the only one of the cast who knows what it's like to die. She knows what Crono's going through and in addition to the sorrow of his death you could say that she's also going through a reminder of her own.

It's pretty sad but in my mind it also gives her a bit of depth.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Mega64 posted:

This entire section has no music, which is lame but whatever.

I think it works nicely, lets you calm down from all the crazy poo poo the plot's put you through in the last hour. Then again I always found droning engine sounds to be calming.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is it possible to leave without your equipment?

I've never tried.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Natural 20 posted:

Is it possible to leave without your equipment?

I've never tried.

You can't make it as far as the outer wing without at least one party member capable of fight because the room right before it is absolutely lousy with guards who will spot you the second you enter. As noted before, you get all your equipment and items back on the Epoch, but your money is gone permanently if you don't pick it up.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So a couple of renditions of music we've run into. First is probably my favorite recomposition of Schala's theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMr0wRdsBlM

and a dope metal rendition of the Undersea Palace theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBx70DuxvY

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Alxprit posted:

You can't make it as far as the outer wing without at least one party member capable of fight because the room right before it is absolutely lousy with guards who will spot you the second you enter. As noted before, you get all your equipment and items back on the Epoch, but your money is gone permanently if you don't pick it up.

Also if you have Ayla IIRC your forced to get at least one person's equipment. You'll get to the wing and instead of saying 'hey you might be forgetting something' the game will go 'you're forgetting something' and force you back in.

Edit: I want to say that this is also true if you don't see Dalton messing with the Epoch, you need to see that.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 10, 2018

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm just kind of imagining Robo running around without arms until his equipment is found.

I can't draw well, though.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't think I ever had Frog here, so I never saw him backhand the poo poo out of the guard. That's truly great

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I recall that Nintendo Power had a poll back in the day including a question about which game had the coolest vehicle. Chrono Trigger got first and third place for the Epoch and Dactyl, respectively.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Corridors of Time

We survived the Blackbird experience, and even got some new wings because of it. Otherwise, though, we're a bit lost. Crono's dead, and we're still nowhere closer to defeating Lavos...

If you didn't convince the woman in Zeal Palace to save the sapling then, you can do it here instead, so you're never locked out of that particular side quest.

There is a mysterious man that has mysteriously appeared. How mysterious.

Japanese version implies he washed up after us, which is why we missed him earlier.

Also Alfador is still alive, so you can all release a sigh of relief.

Ambient Sound - Ocean

Nothing but a mysterious sparkle...

Seems like Magus survived the fall of the Ocean Palace, too.

You may wonder why I didn't bring Frog here, and that's mainly because I'll be saving him for the JERK run for reasons. But priority for who speaks with Magus goes from Frog to Marle to Lucca, which makes sense considering Frog's history with the man and all.

Gone is the magical kingdom of Zeal, and all the dreams and ambitions of its people.

-----

Lavos's Theme

This power is beyond human control!
No...! We'll be dragged into the warp!

B, but!?

One by one...

...the three Gurus disappeared...

...followed by Janus.

The fates of Schala and Queen Zeal were never known.

As for the others...

As we already saw, Melchior got sent to a year close to 1000AD, where all he could do was peddle weapons in a relatively peaceful era, essentially giving up on the past.

Belthasar, of course, was sent to a future ravaged by Lavos, and due to a combination of that and watching those he cared for leave him behind, spent all his remaining years researching and preparing his time machine in the hopes that some heroes might try to save the world, past, present, and future, from the destruction of Lavos.

But as for Gaspar...

We may have an idea now as to who that random old man at the End of Time may be.

Finally, Janus was sent to the Middle Ages, right before Ozzie and his Mystics.

And now it comes full circle. Janus ended up falling in with Ozzie due to his magical powers, and used the Mystics to fulfill his ultimate goal: to summon and defeat the demon that took his sister from him.

I have waited to even the score. You interrupted me just when I had summoned Lavos to my castle.

Being from the future, my knowledge of the past enabled me to convince the Queen that I was a mighty oracle.

Unimaginable is the power of Lavos. Anyone who dares to oppose...it...meets certain doom.

Battle with Magus

This man nearly led the nation of Guardia to ruin, killed Cyrus, cursed Frog, and tried to stop us at every turn, solely for the sake of revenge.

Yet...what's the point of even fighting him now? What would killing Magus accomplish?

Ambient Sound - Ocean

Either way, Crono is still dead. Magus is now stuck in this era, significantly weakened and unable to hinder us anymore. Killing him won't make Marle, nor Lucca, nor even Frog feel any better.

Let him be. We need to move on and find a new path...

And now for something that surprised me the first time I stumbled into it...

Yes, Magus, that Magus, is joining our party.

Y...you're joking?!

We have a lead to bringing back Crono.

And, yes, we have freaking Magus on our team.

So what happens if we do fight Magus? Well, we fight Magus, of course. I'll show off that route in the JERK updates, but if you fight him, you will not recruit him, and it will change a thing or two. He will still give you the lead to Gaspar if you win, and if you have Frog in your party, Frog will insist on fighting Magus alone, which is definitely doable. But more on that at a later time.

As for Magus the character, obviously his magic stats are pretty solid, including a high magic defense, while his power is on par with Frog's. His weapon of choice is the scythe, and he uses the same damage formula as Crono/Frog/Robo.

The Amulet is the same one that Schala gave to him and prevents all status effects.

Magus starts with Fire/Ice/Lightning 2, which are identical to the versions cast by Lucca/Marle/Crono, except Magus's versions do around 30% more damage, and that's before you factor in his high Magic stat. The only issue is that these spells are expensive, so a Gold Stud is nice to have for Magus. Or at least it would be, if Crono hadn't been wearing it when he died. All the more reason to bring him back, then!

The other thing about Magus is that he has no Dual Techs at all, which suits his loner persona. As for Triple Techs, well, that can wait a bit.

When Magus runs, he glides in the air.

https://mp4.mega64.net/ct/30/070.mp4

And as a nice treat, if you enter the Commons with Magus, Alfador recognizes him and dotes all over him.

As fun as it'd be to play with cats, though, we've got a guy we need to bring back from the dead.

SILENCE

The Epoch's space-time compass has gone haywire!

Black Dream

https://mp4.mega64.net/ct/30/077.mp4

A massive structure has risen from beneath the waves. It can only be...

It's enormous! I'm picking up a tremendous amount of spiritual power!

We have free reign to explore 12000BC, or really, everywhere everywhen now.

Pressing Select even gives us a handy map.

That said, the only thing of note in this era is the Black Omen, and we have more important things to worry about first before we start exploring everything.

There's no real hint to go here, other than the player knowing that Gaspar is likely the Old Man at the End of Time, though our party certainly doesn't know that. At any rate, it's our next lead, so let's go there.

And here's the animation when the Epoch travels time in the sky.

The Brink of Time

I didn't show it off earlier, but once we get the Epoch, this stairway will lead us to it from the End of Time.

Also everyone has new speech here.

...He was a pain, but now that he's gone... Now don't go getting any stupid ideas! He was like a brother to me!

Without Crono, everyone is depressed...

That fool... No one that young is supposed to leave this mortal coil...

Crono strong! Not gone yet! Ayla find Crono!!

Doesn't matter if HE's here or not. My attention is focused elsewhere...

Magus hangs around here, and if you recruit him, his battle theme plays.

Spekkio also has new dialogue (and a new appearance since we last visited him, but I haven't really kept up with fighting him since the rewards aren't that exciting).

You hauled in a marlin here, kids! He can use "Shadow"... And he could probably teach me a thing or two!

Obviously Spekkio has nothing to teach Magus.

All that's left to do here is talk to the old man...

I have nothing to give you but this song. It's called ...

Far Off Promise

We've heard this song a few times before, and this can be considered Marle's Theme since it plays when we recruit her at the end of time. It's also known as "Crono and Marle - Far Off Promise".

Only the Guru of Time can help us now...

If Magus has priority here (which he has over all characters but Marle), this triggers some extra dialogue.

So that's your story... And just LOOK at you now... You've become quite formidable!

Seems the old man recognizes Magus.

Heard of him, of course, but what do you want with him?
He bring Crono back to life! He strong.
To bring back lost loved ones... It's what everyone wants...

...Unfortunately we have no help here but the kind words of an old man lost in the fabric of time.

Where else could the Guru of Time be...?

SILENCE

Egg! Ayla hungry, want eat!

By unleashing a specific course of events, it can have a powerful effect on time. Ask the one who made the Epoch, your Wings of Time, how to hatch it...

But the Chrono Trigger gives you the potential to get your friend back... The egg will have an effect equal to the effort you put into your search. No more, and no less.

I get it...it's you, isn't it...?
It's you, isn't it?!...

Um...well...

And now our party knows the truth.

And now all three Gurus have helped us on our journey thus far, though it is far from over.

Now we must visit Keeper's Dome and see what Belthasar left for us...

Sealed Door

Belthasar's Nu still sleeps on, at least until we awaken it.

But to activate this power, the deceased must be important to the space-time continuum. And you MUST have a clone identical to that person. Only then, can a Chrono Trigger work its magic...

By the Clone, Belthasar means the doll that Crono won in the Millenial Fair from Norstein Bekkler. Yes, that neat little thing that shows off a few frames of Crono is an important plot item.

If we didn't already have it, Belthasar would tell us about Norstein Bekkler the magician and his clone-making prowess, and how he likes festivals. But since we already did all that, we can just go to Crono's house and grab the doll.

There's just a...slight problem.

At the Bottom of Night

I hope he's behaving. Tell him to be good, all right?
...Um, listen, I...umn, I mean...
Yes, dear?
We'd like to borrow this doll for a bit.

Well, that was awkward.

Uh, yeah. Sure...

One thing to mention is the Black Omen now spans all eras from 12000BC to 2300AD. An eerie reminder of everything to have happened so far...

For now, let's continue with our mission.

Sealed Door

The time has come for you to attempt "Death Peak." It's the only chance you have of reviving your friend.

Three such creatures pop up, then fly off.

This ends my message. Now I must ask you for a favor.

We've heard everything we needed to. Might as well fulfill Belthasar's final request.

Next time, we scale Death Peak and maybe, just maybe, we'll bring back Crono...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mega64 posted:

https://mp4.mega64.net/ct/30/070.mp4

And as a nice treat, if you enter the Commons with Magus, Alfador recognizes him and dotes all over him.

The only possible good ending is one where Alfador is well cared for. :colbert:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I still can't tell if the Black Omen is a tower or a SW Star Destroyer-shape ship turned north.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pierzak posted:

I still can't tell if the Black Omen is a tower or a SW Star Destroyer-shape ship turned north.

It looks like the structure in the close-up orbital shot is a Destroyer-style bridge section in the middle of the ship.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I love the Black Omen, it looks so obviously sinister and hosed up, and it just... punctures a hole through time, being simultaneously in existence in all eras at once, both before and after it was actually created. That tells you things are fucky.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like there was a reaction for Magus talking to Alfador. Something like the old man going "That cat really likes you!" and Magus going "..."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pierzak posted:

It's 100% a Star Destroyer.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 13, 2018

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PurpleXVI posted:

simultaneously in existence in all eras at once, both before and after it was actually created. That tells you things are fucky.

I don't think it exists prior to 12,000 BC

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

McNally posted:

I don't think it exists prior to 12,000 BC

Correct, it exists in 12000BC and on

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Magus joining the party surprised the hell out of me too. I already loved the whole Magus storyline to begin with, but then he's joining the party instead of Crono? And OMG he uses scythes, and even floats when you're running, he is just the coolest! It was all so exciting back when I first played it. :sun:

Like people lost their poo poo over Sephiroth being the ultimate cool villain when FF7 came out, but Magus was still my favourite by far.

I also loved that he was a decent fighter on top of being the best magic user, it seemed very unusual at the time. I pretty much kept him in the party at all times from here on out, and would even try and take the lowest priority reaction characters to tag along with him, just so I could get maximum Magus dialogue.

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
“This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time” is one of those lines that has stuck with me my entire life

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know if this is in-game, or word of God, or fan theory or what, but I remember something saying that Blue Hair is a sign of magical prowess. The royal family dye their hair, except Janus, he's the real deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoonigan_neil
Feb 25, 2014

Really Pants posted:

It looks like the structure in the close-up orbital shot is a Destroyer-style bridge section in the middle of the ship.
Yes that's a... I, uhh... wait - what?

Hey I can finally post this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zGqN1ZOEJQ

I'm not a musician, but it's a still a fun look into what makes Chrono Trigger sound like Chrono Trigger.

• Locked thread