Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i only want to see that fight if they let BJ take a fuckload of trt because i really miss young BJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

kimbo305 posted:

What's Ryan been up to? What's with the layoff?

I think he said in an interview that he's been ready for a fight for a long time, but it had been hard to find anyone who would take the fight. It is a mystery.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i only want to see that fight if they let BJ take a fuckload of trt because i really miss young BJ

Yeah, BJ seems really off these days. For being such an iron-headed guy most of his career, he sure is wearing his CTE badly. Even hearing him talk in interviews is hard to watch for me. He's just a ghost of who he was before.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Is BJ vs Ryan the most extreme pairing of fighter on downswing of career vs developing fighter?

I was gonna say Weidman vs Belfort but I forgot that Vitor had gotten some good shots in and bloodied Weidman before getting taken down and pounded into oblivion

Weidman was 13-0 and the champion at that point against a Vitor that wasn't on TRT anymore

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bj outboxing nick diaz for one round

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, BJ seems really off these days. For being such an iron-headed guy most of his career, he sure is wearing his CTE badly. Even hearing him talk in interviews is hard to watch for me. He's just a ghost of who he was before.

I don't see it. I think he's mellowed out with age, but doesn't seem like he's having trouble expressing himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsmnfBmbW0

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I don't see it. I think he's mellowed out with age, but doesn't seem like he's having trouble expressing himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsmnfBmbW0

I don’t hear any mushmouth there

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
That one is better than most, but he still seems stiff and slow to me. It's the eyes too. I'm not saying he's turning into Ali or anything. I haven't heard slurring. Just seems really unfocused and only half-home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDFQX6OqPz8

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Is BJ vs Ryan the most extreme pairing of fighter on downswing of career vs developing fighter? Excluding any Japanese MMA.

I think the UFC's all-time would still be Franklin vs Shamrock.

and for the record, if you do include JMMA, it's King Mo vs Mark Kerr in a walk

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

BJ Penn vs. Ryan Hall is official for UFC 232. I'm strangely hyped. lol

This is exclusive footage from Ryan Hall's training camp:

Can't wait for this fight

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

jay z's sedan posted:

Haha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
hot take: zabit is overrated and he'll be beaten by someone who is a 2.5 to 3.5:1 underdog

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

hot take: zabit is overrated and he'll be beaten by someone who is a 2.5 to 3.5:1 underdog

Disagree but we haven't seen him tested yet and the wheels might come off when he faces some ranked guys

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It actually just says Blast Cum

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Gat drat! I am SO HYPED for FOURTEEN WEEKS of hearing how BJ’s team says he is in THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE and MORE FOCUSED than they’ve seen him in YEARS, Joe, and also RYAN HALL WAS GREASING and we WILL BE FILING A GRIEVANCE.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We go over this every time, BJ is fine, he's just from Hawai'i

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

jay z's sedan posted:

Exclusive footage of Motivated BJ

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

tesilential posted:

It actually just says Blast Cum

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

:golfclap:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
vs

Impossible to say which is more powerful

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

lol

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

It's only gay if you make eye contact.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I haven't watched a fight in eight years and even back then Baby Jay was an overrated weirdo who needed to retire. Being some phenomenal BJJ wizard and getting your black belt in 3 years and becoming the first American to ever win gold at Mundials loses a lot of its mystique when you're thirty fuckin nine and that poo poo was 20 years ago. He's gonna need to lift a lot of rocks underwater if he wants to get back into the fighting shape he used to be

I sure as heck don't want to see BJ fight, though I will ask Jens Pulver on his twitch stream how hard and how long he laughed uproariously when he heard the news

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
What if Khabib = Ronda and Conor = Holly Holm?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Conor would immediately lose his title to Nate 'Miesha Tate' Diaz.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Dan Didio posted:

Conor would immediately lose his title to Nate 'Miesha Tate' Diaz.

Does Nate spring for the fake tits in this scenario?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

il serpente cosmico posted:

This basically.

Couple of people in the thread talking about how khabib survives in the stand up, he doesn't. Thats the key difference here and why I see mcgregor having the advantage. Mcgregors gonna be hyper conservative on the ground, he isn't going to fight, hes going to survive, he just needs to defend until a stand up or the round ends. Khabib takes time to do his thing and short of a sleepy Conor giving up his back I don't see a submission happening. When its on the feet its mcgregors game by an irish mile. He's absolutely sleeping Khabib when Khabib comes in because khabib *has to* come in.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If nate can choke Mr.Mcgregor out I'm sure Khabib can do this also

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

jay z's sedan posted:

vs

Impossible to say which is more powerful

That fight reminded me of those videos you see where a gazelle walks up to a lion and the lions are like "the gently caress you doin?" And then they realise they're lions and eat the gazelle.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

About two months ago Jack Slack was going on about this, actually. There was a different FW prospect he was pointing at as being the real next thing, and was predicting that Yair and Zabit and these other flashy punks were going to get smashed up in the next time around the block.

I can't remember who he was on about, though.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

CommonShore posted:

About two months ago Jack Slack was going on about this, actually. There was a different FW prospect he was pointing at as being the real next thing, and was predicting that Yair and Zabit and these other flashy punks were going to get smashed up in the next time around the block.

Might have been Moicano

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

CommonShore posted:

i think it was alex volkanovski

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

Agreed.

Would be more hyped about him if he beat someone who was, you know, ranked.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

il serpente cosmico posted:

It will be more like Ronda vs Amanda Nunez

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ad by Khad posted:

I haven't watched a fight in eight years and even back then Baby Jay was an overrated weirdo who needed to retire. Being some phenomenal BJJ wizard and getting your black belt in 3 years and becoming the first American to ever win gold at Mundials loses a lot of its mystique when you're thirty fuckin nine and that poo poo was 20 years ago. He's gonna need to lift a lot of rocks underwater if he wants to get back into the fighting shape he used to be

I sure as heck don't want to see BJ fight, though I will ask Jens Pulver on his twitch stream how hard and how long he laughed uproariously when he heard the news

drat you’re bad rear end

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Southpaugh posted:

This basically.

Couple of people in the thread talking about how khabib survives in the stand up, he doesn't. Thats the key difference here and why I see mcgregor having the advantage. Mcgregors gonna be hyper conservative on the ground, he isn't going to fight, hes going to survive, he just needs to defend until a stand up or the round ends. Khabib takes time to do his thing and short of a sleepy Conor giving up his back I don't see a submission happening. When its on the feet its mcgregors game by an irish mile. He's absolutely sleeping Khabib when Khabib comes in because khabib *has to* come in.

Lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
when Conor beats Khabib i expect all of you to acknowledge that Conor truly is the GOAT

LobsterMobster posted:

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I have only two thoughts about Zabit:
1. He looks like he should be in a direct-to-video Bible movie.
2. I cannot help myself from making the joke "Zabit goes on" every time I hear his name.

• Locked thread