Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Let's keep it simple I guess. I'll try to stick around, but as per usual the deadline is at 4AM so I might not. ##vote GGN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hmm that's a bad gamble IMO. If you really think I'm scum and GGN is covering for me why not just lynch me?

Reasons: Lynching GGN and town flip = wasted day

Lynching GGN and flipping scum, then lynching me = 1 scum hit, 1 town hit wasted day

Chances are scum would push for a lunch on a tenuous connection like that IMO

If you lynch first me, I flip town, everyone realizes that that reasoning is dumb and feels bad.

If you really think I'm scum, then you chain scum flip GGN next day.

Just don't want you to have to kill two people to prove whether I'm scum or town. And I don't want people voting GGN out of apathy cause some scum took two vaguely suspicious posts and pin it on me tomorrow.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I dunno why other people are voting for you, but the idea that "she's covering for you" hadn't even crossed my mind. The idea that did is:

"How did I miss that reply?"

Vs.

"But I was keeping an eye out for this"

is inconsistent. I mean, she was drunk, who tf knows, but it's also D1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

I dunno why other people are voting for you, but the idea that "she's covering for you" hadn't even crossed my mind. The idea that did is:

Vs.

Oh okay, I thought the reasoning was both posts were responding to me.

I mean I dunno then, whatever it's cool.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh boy.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I didnt get to read during work but oh boy here we go.

Dancer posted:

Vs.

You've taken the second quote out of context. I meant "I was keeping an eye out for your reply", which is in line with the previous post when I said "I won't vote until I see the reasoning behind this post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
:stare:

Toalpaz posted:

Hmm that's a bad gamble IMO. If you really think I'm scum and GGN is covering for me why not just lynch me?
That thought never even crossed my mind.

Toalpaz posted:

Reasons: Lynching GGN and town flip = wasted day
Disagree. Even if we lynch GGN and they flip town, it's still information that will help us tomorrow (+ info from night actions).

Toalpaz posted:

Lynching GGN and flipping scum, then lynching me = 1 scum hit, 1 town hit wasted day
:holymoley: lynching scum is never a wasted day

Toalpaz posted:

Chances are scum would push for a lunch on a tenuous connection like that IMO
Please show me any post specifically linking you and Toalpaz (other than me including both of you in my suspicious list). Seriously, if I missed something, let me know.

Toalpaz posted:

If you lynch first me, I flip town, everyone realizes that that reasoning is dumb and feels bad.
Why do you want us to lynch you first? So if we lynch you, a town player, then that somehow clears GGN? I don't follow.

Toalpaz posted:

If you really think I'm scum, then you chain scum flip GGN next day.
another :holymoley: If we lynch you and you flip scum, yes I will go after GGN hard tomorrow (if i'm still alive) barring any information we get from night actions.

Toalpaz posted:

Just don't want you to have to kill two people to prove whether I'm scum or town. And I don't want people voting GGN out of apathy cause some scum took two vaguely suspicious posts and pin it on me tomorrow.
Why are you protecting/defending GGN? I'm gonna take a wild guess. You both are scum, but GGN is a godfather, so you'd rather fall on the sword than lynch a player that would cop town. I can't think of any other reason why you would stick your neck out for another player this early in the game.

Toalpaz, if you don't want to lynch GGN, then please provide a few scum reads. Who should die instead?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

I didnt get to read during work but oh boy here we go.

You've taken the second quote out of context. I meant "I was keeping an eye out for your reply", which is in line with the previous post when I said "I won't vote until I see the reasoning behind this post.

Okay I re-read and I think I get it now.

I'm sleepy.

##unvote

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Would go back to either Toalpaz or DB. E+ and AA are town reads at this point.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
here's a case on GGN:

GenericGirlName posted:

Phone posting mafia edit combo. And I'm gonna be phone posting exclusively for this game. :banjo:

- immediately states that posts will be of low quality all game

GenericGirlName posted:

Hahahaha or is it bc I straight up said I'd be drunk posting if I responded to anyone? Lol. STRONG POST I loving guess. Deffo based on multiple posts that describe a problematic narrative. Thanks for ur scum hunting input!

- gets way out of shape over what was a jokey post

that's about it but I feel okay about it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not really getting strong reads B-, not a whole lot of people are making good cases IMO, and there hasn't been a lot of people trying to make claims or trip each other up apart from people asking me questions. *shrug*

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

they'd still be pokemon though? like it's just a weird thing to even entertain

When I first posted the thing, I assumed the OP didn't say anywhere that "characters must be Pokemon". Upon re-read, it does say:

"Not all pokemon will be able to evolve"

While still, as far as I can see, not literally saying "all of you are pokemons". It's even a feasibly theory that town are the Pokemon proletariat, and scum are the Bougie humans trying to imprison us.

So I guess I might als be tempted to vote Sal is what I'm saying.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not really getting strong reads B-, not a whole lot of people are making good cases IMO, and there hasn't been a lot of people trying to make claims or trip each other up apart from people asking me questions. *shrug*

I agree, but it's day 1. I don't understand why you felt the need to defend GGN, but you clearly don't want us to lynch her. And I find that scummy AF

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I agree, but it's day 1. I don't understand why you felt the need to defend GGN, but you clearly don't want us to lynch her. And I find that scummy AF

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

Okay my defense was that if you were thinking of killing her to get to me, you should just get me first.

Then Dancer said that it probably wasn't the case, and I said oh okay cool. If there's other reasons for lynching her then go for it.

I don't want to lynch town because last time we lynched 4 town in a row and lost day 5 over bad arguments.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Then again I kinda wanna take my empty-quote back, the mind of a newbie is a weird one (har har, coming from Dancer, how ironic).

(context: I am always tempted to be extremely skeptical when there is the possibility of an extremely good play having happened, e.g. already identifying 2 scum on D1)

Like, if this was a vet, I could see it being a rly weird play acting all scummy, in relation to a town person. But I don't think an entirely new person would do that. Suggesting that we either identified 2 scum already, or that it's a false positive. With my aforementioned skepticism, I know what I find easier to believe.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

last time we lynched 4 town in a row and lost day 5 over bad arguments.

Hi, welcome to our little community, I'm sure you'll like it here :v: .

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I mean, pushing me would be a good scum play too. Cause once I die and flip town they'll just say, what a spazzy bad new player, huh? Oh well.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

Like, if this was a vet, I could see it being a rly weird play acting all scummy, in relation to a town person. But I don't think an entirely new person would do that. Suggesting that we either identified 2 scum already, or that it's a false positive. With my aforementioned skepticism, I know what I find easier to believe.

I'm sorry, do you mind explaining this? I'm a little tired so maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Okay my defense was that if you were thinking of killing her to get to me, you should just get me first.
Why do you think I'm trying to get you? When did I ever say this? I'm trying to find and kill scum. I don't care about the order.

Toalpaz posted:

Then Dancer said that it probably wasn't the case, and I said oh okay cool. If there's other reasons for lynching her then go for it.
Huh?

Toalpaz posted:

I don't want to lynch town because last time we lynched 4 town in a row and lost day 5 over bad arguments.
This is a different game. We aren't going to lose just because we mislynch on d1.

##vote GGN

GGN, are you around? I'd like your take on this.

Actually, where is everyone? idgi

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I mean, pushing me would be a good scum play too. Cause once I die and flip town they'll just say, what a spazzy bad new player, huh? Oh well.

you have 0 votes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

Me personally I think this is a great post.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Don't help their case then. There's some info in the last 200 or so posts, I promise. You could find a lead! If you think GGN is town, then take a look at who is pushing her and see if they've said anything that pings your radar. That's what I'm about to do.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah, anyways, not posting really is the strongest mafia tactic.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry, do you mind explaining this? I'm a little tired so maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean.

And I'm 90% asleep basically. And it's a fairly silly hypothetical.

What I mean is, a hypothetical in which scum Toalpaz is doing some sort of gambit with town GGN to act all scummy (by being protective) and bring them both down together (or if GGN is lynched first, maybe he finds a way to wiggle out of it because "see he wasn't defending her from a position of them as scumbuddies"). Which would honestly probably be a silly play, losing 1 scum for 1 town in D1/2, but maybe scum have some reason to specifically want GGN dead, or are worried for some reason that scum will die today without compensation (that in this scenario would be getting dirt on GGN).

Basically what it boils down to: I find the scenario where Toalpaz is scum and GGN town reasonably unlikely. Suggesting that, if Toalpaz is scum, GGN is scum also. And then my skepticism that I mentioned of identifying 2 scum already -> I'm tempted to read Toalpaz as town.

Jfc now that I've written it out it sounds insane. This is what I get for trying to think about things seriously on D1 (and at 2 AM).

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Toalpaz posted:

I just don't understand why you're acting like you've got an enormous amount of pressure on you?

I mean, these are the posts you expect from someone who's close to getting hammered.

I don't really have much of a read on GGN but holy crap you're coming across so hard as scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

Don't help their case then. There's some info in the last 200 or so posts, I promise. You could find a lead! If you think GGN is town, then take a look at who is pushing her and see if they've said anything that pings your radar. That's what I'm about to do.

Seriously. Right now, there are a handful of players that I'm reading as town. If one of them started receiving votes, I would speak up and suggest some of my scum reads instead. But I certainly wouldn't offer myself up to be lynched instead lol, especially on d1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not posting out of desperation, I'm just thinking out loud cause I think it's fun. Trying to get into the mind of scum as it were.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

And I'm 90% asleep basically. And it's a fairly silly hypothetical.

What I mean is, a hypothetical in which scum Toalpaz is doing some sort of gambit with town GGN to act all scummy (by being protective) and bring them both down together (or if GGN is lynched first, maybe he finds a way to wiggle out of it because "see he wasn't defending her from a position of them as scumbuddies"). Which would honestly probably be a silly play, losing 1 scum for 1 town in D1/2, but maybe scum have some reason to specifically want GGN dead, or are worried for some reason that scum will die today without compensation (that in this scenario would be getting dirt on GGN).

Basically what it boils down to: I find the scenario where Toalpaz is scum and GGN town reasonably unlikely. Suggesting that, if Toalpaz is scum, GGN is scum also. And then my skepticism that I mentioned of identifying 2 scum already -> I'm tempted to read Toalpaz as town.

Jfc now that I've written it out it sounds insane. This is what I get for trying to think about things seriously on D1 (and at 2 AM).

Actually, I agree with all of this haha.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Okay yeah looking at GGN again I don't see anything particularly scummy.

Honestly the only post that reads as even slightly scummy is this:

GenericGirlName posted:

Hahahaha or is it bc I straight up said I'd be drunk posting if I responded to anyone? Lol. STRONG POST I loving guess. Deffo based on multiple posts that describe a problematic narrative. Thanks for ur scum hunting input!

Epsilon Plus praise be the gods of mafia.

((My roommate thanks u all for the birthday wishes, wherever it applied. I want to mention this bc previously she has had a bad time with birthdays(much like me. Which means every birthday before being like 20 lol) and I think it's worth mentioning that she replied positively to these. She too is a fan of the POGEYMANZ))

And that's just obvious jokephase posting/voting.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Actually, I agree with all of this haha.

I mean it's reasonable? But it's mostly been one way from Toal to GGN. I'd be more inclined to think that if they're both scum, this is just an awful bus attempt from Toal.

And it's something Toal might do from being scum? I don't even know. But whatever I'll put my money where my mouth is (for a probable no-lynch):

##vote Toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

I mean it's reasonable? But it's mostly been one way from Toal to GGN. I'd be more inclined to think that if they're both scum, this is just an awful bus attempt from Toal.

And it's something Toal might do from being scum? I don't even know. But whatever I'll put my money where my mouth is (for a probable no-lynch):

##vote Toalpaz

I'd like to think that if I was scum they'd coach me better imo

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

And it's something Toal might do from being scum?

Words I meant: something toal might do being scum, even if GGN isn't

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

That's a fair point and I really need to get out of the town of salem mindset of night-only scumchat.

I'm still suspicious enough of you to leave my vote on you even if it no-lynches.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Toalpaz

:psyduck:

why the hell would scum toalpez offer himself up instead of letting town go through with a mislynch of town GGN??

This post + your toalpez vote looks like you're trying to force people into choosing GGN or toalpez, thus increasing the probability of a no-lynch.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Actually, I just got a brilliant flash of insight.

I've thought for the past like 36 hours that hey, it's not necessarily scummy for IcePhoenix to ask for the evolve, I'm not gonna jump him for that.

What feels scummy is that so many people went along with it so easily.

##evolve Epsilon Plus (who I trust (for D1 standards) and who currently has at least one vote, their own)

##vote IcePhoenix

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not posting out of desperation, I'm just thinking out loud cause I think it's fun. Trying to get into the mind of scum as it were.

Sometimes I wear the skin of the deers I've hunted to get into their mind to hunt other deer. I'm a deerhunter, and your a scum hunter. Are you wearing scum skin?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

Sometimes I wear the skin of the deers I've hunted to get into their mind to hunt other deer. I'm a deerhunter, and your a scum hunter. Are you wearing scum skin?

You gotta shake the branch sometimes, see what falls out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

This is true but also I've seen plenty of games where people :justpost: and then when reading back through end of game scumchat (or seeing it in the moment as an observer) their team is like "dude what the hell?"

b-minus1 posted:

Actually, where is everyone? idgi

Sorry, I'm here. Ate something that's not agreeing with me so I'm following along but I feel like just posting to agree with points isn't super constructive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

Actually, I just got a brilliant flash of insight.

I've thought for the past like 36 hours that hey, it's not necessarily scummy for IcePhoenix to ask for the evolve, I'm not gonna jump him for that.

What feels scummy is that so many people went along with it so easily.

##evolve Epsilon Plus (who I trust (for D1 standards) and who currently has at least one vote, their own)

##vote IcePhoenix

I'm not saying your theory is right or anything.

But SolusLunes voted 'evolve' on IcePhoenix, and immediately hopped on me when I provided a stupid reason to vote me. Which even B- thought was weird.

• Locked thread