Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

My big takeaway from that is there's going to be SO many MAGA shots with Agent Liberty. I'm cool with it.

Kara's gonna beat his rear end by the finale and say something like "try grabbing me now" and it's going to be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhona Mitra has been cast to play Mercy Graves next season. Sounds like she is going to be part of the "Human First" plot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Brent Spiner has been cast as VP.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GreenNight posted:

I assume he'll turn out to be a robot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I assume he'll turn out to be a robot.

Given how much this show loves dunking on Donald Trump and his administration and we're going full Make America Human Again this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Spiner's character is just one long-running chaos dunk on Mike Pence. He kind of has the right look to play a Pence-y character at the very least.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

GreenNight posted:

Fingers crossed for Vice President Bob Wheeler.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Not anymore! Spiner had a scheduling conflict so they're replacing him with the Scarecrow himself, Bruce Boxleitner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Not anymore! Spiner had a scheduling conflict so they're replacing him with the Scarecrow himself, Bruce Boxleitner.

Trading Data for Tron.

Makes sense to me.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I support our new VP in his quest to send those aliens STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

I support our new VP in his quest to send those aliens STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Tells them to get the Hell out of our galaxy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1032350722610757632

TINY SUPERMAN BACK! :woop:

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 22, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aw gently caress yes!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Seems to reinforce the idea that a good chunk of the crossover will take place on Supergirl's Earth. Would be nice to have the Arrowverse folks take the trip this time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its also cool that Batwoman might be part of Supergirl's Earth since it expands that world a little and gives them more toys to play with. And limits what Arrow/Flash have a little.

I could see them limiting the Flash/Arrow B-Teamers and just going with a soft Justice League. Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Superman, Batwoman. That's not too bad. Black Lightning would make for a cool addition but doesn't seem like they plan to connect that show yet.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 23, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Black Lightning would make for a cool addition but doesn't seem like they plan to connect that show yet.

As long as they keep filming Black Lightning in Atlanta it probably will never have any serious crossover with the other shows.

And here's where somebody tells me they shifted production to Vancouver.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I get it. But as long as they're going you'll never convince me they won't just find a way to make it happen eventually because comic books. I mean, they worked Constantine in.

The Arrowverse may not be the best comic book adaption but its the truest to the spirit of comic books. So some day Black Lightning will meet Oliver Queen, even if it takes BL getting cancelled to happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw that Lois Lane is being to be in this crossover too.

I want Kate to say "my Cousin" and Supes goes "just say Batman".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I could see them limiting the Flash/Arrow B-Teamers and just going with a soft Justice League. Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Superman, Batwoman. That's not too bad. Black Lightning would make for a cool addition but doesn't seem like they plan to connect that show yet.

Remember in season one of the Flash when Gideon addressed Barry as her inventor and started saying he was a "founding member of the Justice--" before he cut her off?

How about the "Flash Disappears In Crisis" future newspaper from 2024 which seemed to suggest that the Justice League was going to be Flash, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl and the Atom? :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Flashpoint motherfucker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Flashpoint motherfucker.

FlashpointForce.gif

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished my rewatch of Supergirl S3, and I gotta say, I think evil Supergirl comes from when Supergirl traveled back in time.

Just my 2 cents about it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

Rhona Mitra has been cast to play Mercy Graves next season. Sounds like she is going to be part of the "Human First" plot.

But... if Mercy's being introduced... someone has to be paying her................

:thunk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The article I read mentioned that she used to be employed by Lex but this is her branching out after his imprisonment.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Two seasons from now Lex gets revealed. It's Katie McGrath in a bald cap suffering from a dissociative break.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The alternative personality would build a robot body and upload itself into it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

We have our Lois
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1040662734981947393
Grimm really ran for six seasons??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It did and holy gosh does she look like Margot Kidder in that shot.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

It did and holy gosh does she look like Margot Kidder in that shot.

Agreed. Wow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whom, btw, will always and forever be the high bar by which all Lois Lanes will be measured.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno, Kidder was real good, but Dana Delaney's a strong contender too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe of she been Lois in live action. She's just gonna have to settle for a strong second place.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

howe_sam posted:

We have our Lois
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1040662734981947393
Grimm really ran for six seasons??

I like this casting a lot, not least because she deserves good things for how terribly Grimm treated her in those last couple of seasons.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
What a vain hope I have for Hoechlin to be the DCEU's Superman now that Cavill is out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

What a vain hope I have for Hoechlin to be the DCEU's Superman now that Cavill is out.

Hoechlin's a MUCH better Supes than Cavill, but WB secretly hates its TV side and will sunk cost the poo poo out of the DCEU before they ever starting to concede that it might be doing things the correct way in comparison.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

V-Men posted:

Is Cavill actually out? I thought it was the Holywood Reporter doing backseat theorycrafting with a clickbait title ("he has a schedule conflict preventing a Shazam cameo! And there isn't another solo movie in the pipe right now! And he took another job on an adaptation of a game/book he's a major nerd fan of!"), and then all the other reports track back to that one.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Bruceski posted:

Is Cavill actually out? I thought it was the Holywood Reporter doing backseat theorycrafting with a clickbait title ("he has a schedule conflict preventing a Shazam cameo! And there isn't another solo movie in the pipe right now! And he took another job on an adaptation of a game/book he's a major nerd fan of!"), and then all the other reports track back to that one.

You're right in that strict reading shows that Cavill just isn't available anytime in the next couple of years to be Superman. But the other part is that no one has contradicted it. WB/DC basically said that "We love Cavill as Superman but no decisions have been made." The responses from the reps and studio have been non-committal and hedging.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Hoechlin's a MUCH better Supes than Cavill, but WB secretly hates its TV side and will sunk cost the poo poo out of the DCEU before they ever starting to concede that it might be doing things the correct way in comparison.

WB hates its TV side so much they handed Greg Berlanti eight figures to keep making TV for them.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

howe_sam posted:

WB hates its TV side so much they handed Greg Berlanti eight figures to keep making TV for them.

$400 000 000 is not eight figures...

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

I like this casting a lot, not least because she deserves good things for how terribly Grimm treated her in those last couple of seasons.

A-loving-men! The character assassination of Juliet, and Nick basically hooking up with his rapist is what made me finally stop watching. She deserved so much better, especially after they dragged that amnesia plot out for far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

$400 000 000 is not eight figures...

True, 8 zeroes is not eight figures, I am a dumbass :doh: