Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

how much in monero dollar cash, per tooth that you grow due to have been praising the block lord for decades now, does a good whole chomper set go for nowadays?

i need at least one crown but thats gonna be a few $tuvwxy.z so please let me know, thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/CEOofDogecoin/status/1041165040299077632?s=19

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://mobile.twitter.com/dogetoshi/status/1040780154941964291?s=12

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

quote:

Want to have some fun? when you buy stuff in person just assume they accept bitcoin until told otherwise...and then just be like "Oh...just dollars? That's weird. Okay." (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by bluethunder1985

I did this at a restaurant the other day. I busted out my hot wallet on my phone and i asked, "do you guys do lightning or just on chain?" they looked puzzled. I then said, "For bitcoin payment." to which they replied "Oh, we don't accept that." Me: "Oh, so just dollars then?" Them: "Yeah." Me: "Weird okay, here's my amex." was great im going to do this more. My girlfriend just shook her head. and then laughed.

quote:

Littleknight [score hidden] 48 minutes ago

Ive got some giftcards in the past and then I just tell the teller that I bought the Giftcard with Bitcoin.
It helps bridge their mind over to the use cases for Bitcoin.

quote:

bluethunder1985[S] [score hidden] 23 minutes ago

Is asking if a merchant accepts american express also cringe to you, sir? Not all do, afterall.

quote:

mrunrelateable [score hidden] 10 minutes ago

Why is everyone hating on this? I think it’s genuinely an awesome and fun way to let people know that other people actually use bitcoin and other cryptos. Thank you for this post I appreciate you!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Wow if only I had bitcoins, I would have as much fun as these... people

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
hey look, these giftcards bought to launder money....i bought them with bitcoin:wink:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

...! posted:

quote:

Is asking if a merchant accepts american express also cringe to you, sir?

[lumbering toward him without bending my arms or legs] is this also cringe to you, sir??

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

...! posted:

My girlfriend just shook her head. and then laughed.

:sever:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

maybe they should try secretly sticking bitcoin accepted here stickers on random business again, im sure it will work this time

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

My girlfriend, she don't even believe me!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Boxturret posted:

maybe they should try secretly sticking bitcoin accepted here stickers on random business again, im sure it will work this time

I imagine it's like the Simpsons where Bart removes Mr Burns' no solicitor sign and they all slam his doorbell. Probably with more fedoras if anything

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

his head

with one of his own katanas

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it just goes to show how great bitcoin is that they're willing to sell the gift cards for 60% of their face value

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

[lumbering toward him without bending my arms or legs] is this also cringe to you, sir??
[/quote]

pray excuse me, good sir, but

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
thadium

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ranks

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

:honked:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
now this might surprise you but looking at that guy's posting history on reddit it seems he's not only a bitcoiner but also a racist libertarian athiest gamer

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

but you (continually) repeat yourself

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
tfw no gf (government fiat)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Herman Merman posted:

now this might surprise you but looking at that guy's posting history on reddit it seems he's not only a bitcoiner but also a racist libertarian athiest gamer

:nsavince:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

shabba

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Discendo Vox posted:

The almighty teeth

all the better to edit wikipedia with my dear

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/ClenchedFisk/status/994373489112076288

putting their 401ks into bitcoin to own the libs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Will there be short selling

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
16 Pages of "Insider" Information on Cryptocurrencies.

oh. "thank" you

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

16 Pages of "Insider" Information on Cryptocurrencies.

oh. "thank" you

i tried to get hold of this document, and they really really don't want to send it to you until they can talk to you on the phone

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

divabot posted:

i tried to get hold of this document, and they really really don't want to send it to you until they can talk to you on the phone

does barry oners have to make a call?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"We only send these super secret clubhouse documents to true White Aryans and I can tell you are one"

"Are uh you sure about that?"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

divabot posted:

Maybe you need to sit through a 4-hour investment seminar first.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

divabot posted:

you need to reach ico viii before you are ready for the secret document that reveals there will only ever be 21 million bitcoins because that's how many space ghosts were atomised in a volcano by the evil overlord satoshi.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

xtal_00 50 points 2 days ago

Remember, there’s one thing you buy with BTC that you can only buy with BTC and nothing else - access to the Bitcoin blockchain, secured by all that real-world computational power. 50 quintillion hashes per second worth.

How much is that access worth to you?

What might that enable in the future?

Do you understand the signifgance of that unstoppable distributed trust framework?

Bitcoin is something new. Something new in a space where nothing fundamentally new has happened in a very, very long time.

Hodl. These are very early times. Archie early. Gopher hasn’t even happened yet.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sabrina the teenage pitch

...!
Oct 5, 2003

sfyl

quote:

Got Scammed of 100 MIOTA by u/vzsev5. He is a member of this amazing community and posted today wishing to buy $500 of MIOTA. Disappointed and Sad on the ethics and morality this guy showed !! self.IOTAmarkets
Submitted 16 hours ago * by Zaeem87

Got Scammed of 100 MIOTA by u/vzsev5. He is a member of this community and posted today wishing to buy $500 of MIOTA. I offered to buy for him for a little premium and we agreed a deal. We agreed to do the trade in small portions. and he has been non-responsive since i sent him first portion of the trade i.e. 100 MIOTA. I know we should not trust anyone here but i really thought as he was a part of this amazing IOTA community, he will be a decent man. He turned out to be a low-life thug. Really disappointed today.

Yes, i lost 10% of the coins of my portfolio but that's not the main disappointment. I'm just disappointed at the level of integrity and the kind of morals we as a society possess these days. My God, someone would sell their soul for 100 MIOTA (57 bucks). Sigh!!

https://i.redd.it/uzqgqkxninm11.jpg
https://i.redd.it/k6rkr6xninm11.jpg

EDIT: Way to go guys. I thought this community was helpful and considerate. It's rather filled with trolls and people who beat an already beaten person. I know I made a horrible mistake but instead of trying to make that culprit accountable, this community is making further fun of me. Lol, I would also make fun of myself for this stupid act I did. But it was not expected out of this community. I'm not asking u ppl to give me MIOTA'S or tip me. I'm not a beggar. I just wanted to share a bad thing that happened to me with this community. Bcoz no one else could understand. But really, way to go guys. Troll all u want.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

...! posted:

How much is that access worth to you?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Paladinus posted:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'd buy it for negative 200 million dollars, safe in the knowledge they didn't do a server *and* client side check for negative numbers.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Herman Merman posted:

sounds like he knows quite a bit about self-ownership

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
YOSPOS › buttcoin thraed: Sigh!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

...! posted:

Hodl. These are very early times. Archie early. Gopher hasn’t even happened yet.

so, the year 1990. world wide web of bitcoin was invented last year and the first web browser i assume later this year. can't wait for its large scale adoption in 2020ish

• Locked thread