Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BrandonWagemann/status/1041102234052952065
I feel gatekeeping is something that should be reserved when people are assholes to corny casual fans who probably only watch WWE and are ignorant of most other companies; not journalists who are paid to write about events they have known about months in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/BrandonWagemann/status/1041102234052952065
I feel gatekeeping is something that should be reserved when people are assholes to corny casual fans who probably only watch WWE and are ignorant of most other companies; not journalists who are paid to write about events they have known about months in advance.

Satin isn't being paid to write about BOLA.

Wrestlers go into wrestling at PWG wrestling like they are wrestling in front of that crowd like most of the crowd hasn't seen them before - as that's the reality.

Other Wrestling journalists and tastemakers said that this was the first time they saw Puma King too. Puma King wasn't *that* big of a name before BOLA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Puma's big deal with the east coast/PA scene is he's a luchadore that's easy to book. Nice dude and loves to clinic folks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm not a fan of Satin but his bread and butter is writing about wwe because it gets the clicks. He should of probably googled who Puma King is but it's not surprising the dude doesn't follow CMLL. Feels like smarks smarking.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Jake's obsession with Kenny getting really creepy at this point where he is making up narratives to paint Kenny as a terrible person and has also accused him of "playing gay"

Uh does this dude know that Kenny is openly bisexual and that accusing a bi person of 'playing gay' or being 'fake gay' is borderline hate speech?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the wwe gossip columnist tweeting "i have a new favorite wrestler" when he sees puma king for the first time shouldnt have warranted the discussion that it was getting online but here we are

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

glad to see ricochets dad getting bookings

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Like what the gently caress is this? Whether or not you think the match is bad Im not sure how you can say Kenny put no effort into it. But it's all just to build this narrative of Kenny being selfish and squandering Ishii's moment in the spotlight, thereby disrespecting Ishii.

I love Ishii to death but god drat, who gives a poo poo about his "momentum?" His whole thing is being a resilient underdog who doesn't win the big one but gets so close he makes you believe. That guy doesn't ever need to touch the belt to stay over.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

Satin isn't being paid to write about BOLA.

Wrestlers go into wrestling at PWG wrestling like they are wrestling in front of that crowd like most of the crowd hasn't seen them before - as that's the reality.

Other Wrestling journalists and tastemakers said that this was the first time they saw Puma King too. Puma King wasn't *that* big of a name before BOLA.
Yeah I thought he was doing some reporting there, but that makes sense.

I'm just tired of the gatekeeping that goes into wrestling fandom, I know its like that in a lot of niche fandoms, but in wrestling it just seems way more vicious and mean spirited for no reason other than you want to dunk on some casual WWE fan because you got to show how inferior their tastes are.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I thought he was doing some reporting there, but that makes sense.

I'm just tired of the gatekeeping that goes into wrestling fandom, I know its like that in a lot of niche fandoms, but in wrestling it just seems way more vicious and mean spirited for no reason other than you want to dunk on some casual WWE fan because you got to show how inferior their tastes are.

I mean the IWC is arguably the most toxic non-gamer community there is

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

I love Ishii to death but god drat, who gives a poo poo about his "momentum?" His whole thing is being a resilient underdog who doesn't win the big one but gets so close he makes you believe. That guy doesn't ever need to touch the belt to stay over.

I mean... You're right, but I want the Stone Pitbull to be at least the IC champ once. :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Uh does this dude know that Kenny is openly bisexual and that accusing a bi person of 'playing gay' or being 'fake gay' is borderline hate speech?

my friend, if you think any wrestling writer has ever cared about hate speech I have some extremely bad news for you

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

His beat appears to be college lacrosse so I'm pretty sure he's a nazi.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/1012874297411538945

Benne posted:

Its bizarre because Ive seen him mention the americanization of new japan but he wants to take probably the most uniquely Japanese wrestler on the roster and westernize him. Ishii would probably end up less over if he won the title. Sure it would get an enormous pop, but what the gently caress sort of reaction is the crowd gonna have for his first defense, or his second defense?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean the IWC is arguably the most toxic non-gamer community there is

comics and sci-fi

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/1012874297411538945

Its bizarre because Ive seen him mention the americanization of new japan but he wants to take probably the most uniquely Japanese wrestler on the roster and westernize him. Ishii would probably end up less over if he won the title. Sure it would get an enormous pop, but what the gently caress sort of reaction is the crowd gonna have for his first defense, or his second defense?

To be fair, Ishii wouldn't have more than 3 defences anyway. He's my favourite wrestler, but even I know he's not a long-term IWGP champ.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gotcha so he's just a shithead. This dude seems really really interested on what Kenny Omega does with his dick.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That kid is a moron. He wrote some really dumb misguided thing about Meltzer a few months ago and he blocked me when I replied to his self sucking tweets about it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I am too but I'm not using it as an excuse to further some tinfoil hat plot against Kenny.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Dude does sound like he’s about two Kenny matches away from dressing up as a cowboy and challenging TYSON SMITH to go down to the Alamo, though

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

comics and sci-fi
Yeah I would go
1. Star Wars
2. Comic Books
3. Zizek Fans
4. Gamers
5. IWC

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sci-fi is toxic but it's mostly the authors themselves who have splintered into a faction of fascists. No one actually reads genre sci-fi anymore so the fans are fine.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I would go
1. Star Wars
2. Comic Books
3. Zizek Fans
4. Gamers
5. IWC

This is really underestimating gamers and overestimating how much of a fan community Zizek has

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I Before E posted:

This is really underestimating gamers and overestimating how much of a fan community Zizek has
Yeah I don't know why I was being in a salty mood about Zizek fans

new rankings
1. Star Wars
2a. Gamers
2b. Comic Book nerds
3 IWC

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nobody is shittier than gamers. Nobody.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

if we're going by actual body count sports fans are the worst

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nobody is shittier than gamers. Nobody.
TBF these fandoms pretty much overlap in a circle, I've just seen so much poo poo from Star Wars fans that makes them the worst for me, so many threads derailed and plus the gross poo poo that has gotten actresses to live in fear from these assholes demanding blood because they didn't like how the movies went.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I still don't understand how the Satin stuff came out of that specific tweet in the first place. Besides being completely positive, "X is my new favorite wrestler" tweets aren't even entirely reserved for wrestlers you've never seen before; I've seen it for wrestlers who are better live, too. I'm a huge fan of EYFBO/LAX these days, but I wouldn't necessarily be if I didn't regularly see them tear it up locally doing awesome workrate tags, the type of which they rarely get opportunities to do in Imact or even Beyond for some reason. It's seeing them at House of Glory, Wrestle Pro, Battle Club Pro, etc. where I've seen them cut loose and look like one of the best tag teams in the world.

This whole thing was deeply stupid, though.

Also, Re: Omega/Jake, for whatever it's worth, I believe that Jake has given up on accusing Omega of pretending to be bi after being informed of interviews where Omega said it outright.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

davidbix posted:

Also, Re: Omega/Jake, for whatever it's worth, I believe that Jake has given up on accusing Omega of pretending to be bi after being informed of interviews where Omega said it outright.
nah the tweet I posted and ones where he accuses kenny of playing gay came after someone told him about the interviews

here

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 17, 2018

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

nah the tweet I posted and ones where he accuses kenny of playing gay came after someone told him about the interviews

here

This is hella gross

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair having sex with Ibushi doesn't confirm that you're bi/gay/straight, just that you have eyes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

To be fair having sex with Ibushi doesn't confirm that you're bi/gay/straight, just that you have eyes.

Ibushi is everyone's Manic Pixie Dream Psycho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Most blind people tend to sit up straighter when his image appears nearby, too. They're not sure why, but they know that it's right

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I think I found the worst take.

https://twitter.com/HOTKNIGHT718/status/1041718834053431297

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
hoo boy don't check his twitter

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mods namechange me to NOT MANY NUDE MALES thx

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rowdy Ringsports > Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions - NOT MANY MALE NUDES

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

internet weirdo who archives photos of nude celebrities on twitter wonders why photos of nude women are shared more often online

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I mean it’s demonstrably false anyway. Rollins, Vader, Xavier, Maddox...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
la parka changing his twitter avi to him getting his rear end eaten